Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Chris Christie drops bomb on GOP leaders (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chris Christie drops bomb on GOP leaders by Doni Hagan
Started on: 01-03-2013 08:37 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: dratts on 01-09-2013 10:33 AM
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I add my voice to petitions all the time. I feel that it is probably my most effective way of supporting my agendas in Washington. I'm not saying that all lobbyists are evil. I think that corporate lobbyists for one have far too much influence on legislation that affects all of us, not just their corporate interests.

Originally posted by Formula88:

Do you believe politicians should represent the will of the people they serve? I do.
The question is then how they know what that will is. I agree many lobbys are going to the extreme, but at it's core it's a group of people paid to present certain views and opinions to the politicians.

If you support green energy, you might be a member of Greenpeace, who represents your views to your representatives.

Organizations like Greenpeace, NOW, NRA, NAACP, etc. are all made up of people with shared views and those groups lobby representatives on their behalf.
The alternative is for each individual to make their 1 voice known on each and every issue, and that doesn't work very well in practice. How often do you talk to or write your representatives? Most people don't even know who their reps are. But it's much easier to join a group you believe in and cut them a check to support their effort to make your views known in D.C.

I'm not saying it's not abused or without fault. But it has it's place.

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock