Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Capt Fiero's now a gun owner. SKS (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Capt Fiero's now a gun owner. SKS by Capt Fiero
Started on: 07-19-2012 03:29 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: ls3mach on 09-18-2012 08:43 AM
FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Yes those are the mags.

Thank You Dennis I will look into that aimpoint as well. I will also figure out what type of Ammo is in the boxes. I won't bother with fancy ammo either if its really not needed. As to accuracy, let alone 100 yards, if I could get 6" groups at 100 feet I would consider myself lucky.

Back to the clips I just found out from a friend that any clip that holds more than 5 rounds is not legal in BC and larger clips must be modified so they can't hold more than 5 rounds. Seems strange but thats the law I guess.

Dumb question buy the piston with the actual banana sticking out, what is it?

The banana gun is a TEC22 and is plenty of fun. It takes Ruger 10/22 mags, and is very easy to shoot. It has junky open sights.

I hit a 4 inch grouping at 50 yards with a open bolt 9mm MAC10. I have the carbine kit for it. To be legal, the stock only comes on with the long carbine barrel and must come off before removing the carbine barrel. I could not do this if I started with a carbine.

[This message has been edited by FriendGregory (edited 07-25-2012).]

IP: Logged
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
OK so I am down in Oregon I took pics of all the smaller guns, (didn't bother with the regular rifles) The Clip for the SKS I unloaded it and counted 24 rounds, then I reloaded it and it took 35 before it got hard to put them in. I happened onto a guy locally that was able to tell me that I should not have done that, I should have stopped at 30 something to do with too much spring pressure.

I also snapped a few pics of a 38 revolver which I think is an older gun, and a 22 pistol that I think is missing grips and none of the clips seem to fit into it. (The thing that holds the bullets, I think they are for the rifles)

Any info on what these are worth would be really appreciated. The revolver is kinda neat as it splits in half and there is a star looking thing that ejects the rounds.

Like I said ANY info you can provide on these would be great. As frankly all I know is what I have read on them.

The link is here, http://captfiero.com/Guns that has all the pics, but here are a couple quick pics.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
This should help with the revolver. http://www.thefirearmsforum...owthread.php?t=51755
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Well looks like the revolver is not worth near as much as I expected. I think I am going to find someone to do a private inspection to make sure they are legal to sell, and will sell them. I love the "idea" of having them, but I don't hunt, and it is too cost prohibitive to try to bring them into Canada. Looks like I won't be keeping the house in Oregon either, so I am just going to get them appraised and sell them off.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Just to wrap this thread up, the SKS and Ammo went for a total of $550 the Revolver and smaller black pistol have been tossed in a drawer. I had several gun guys look at them during the "open house" sale last weekend, and the black one is just about worth as much as a paper weight, there are missing parts and it is no where near fire-able. The Revolver is in Fair condition and "could" be fired, but really its a good display piece. Value on it is about $125 Retail or about 75 to a buyer to resell.

I was sad to let the SKS go, but living in Canada its is just way too much of a headache to own something just to say I have it.
Thanks again for all the information. You guys have been great.

------------------

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I was going to say less than a $1000 total when I read the thread before, but didn't wasn't you to think I wad just bring a dick. The magazine on that Sks to be a 40 and not a 30. Can't say for sure though without seeing it up close. Don't worry, if you ever move to the states you can buy another SKS. You must have had.a fair amount of ammo, those can typically be had in the $300 range.

------------------
Amber is the color of her energy.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock