Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Why the lack of enthusiam over Romney? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Why the lack of enthusiam over Romney? by TK
Started on: 07-03-2012 12:37 PM
Replies: 96
Last post by: spark1 on 07-08-2012 09:40 PM
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I remember when McCain was running, the GOP, while worried about his chances of winning were enthusiastic about him. I don't see that with Romney. Even this forum is pretty silent about him being the GOP choice.

Am I missing something? I just don't see the enthusiasm for Romney being the GOP candidate. There isn't any "Go Romney" chatter or at least I don't see it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
There wasn't a lot of enthusiasm behind McCain, either. Most of the enthusiasm came from Sarah Palin.
McCain chose her hoping to generate some buzz in his campaign, and it worked. It wasn't enough to win the election, but it got a lot of people energized about the election.

Romney needs a running mate that can do that. (and no, not Sarah Palin.)
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

I remember when McCain was running, the GOP, while worried about his chances of winning were enthusiastic about him. I don't see that with Romney. Even this forum is pretty silent about him being the GOP choice.

Am I missing something? I just don't see the enthusiasm for Romney being the GOP candidate. There isn't any "Go Romney" chatter or at least I don't see it.

I think it is about his religion? A lot of people think mormanism is to far out there to suport a leader that follows it?
obama said he was a Christian, but now a lot of people think that was just a sells pitch for votes. People may have a hard time voteing for a Chief that openly admits that he will be the god of his own planit and have MANNNNY wifes to populate it with. The offspring of the "Romney god" will be the soals of his planit's inhabitants.

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Because most people are just plain stupid. Stupid about politics, and stupid about what they want (and many other things for that matter). They know they don't want what we have, they know they don't what what we usually get, and when someone comes along who isn't like the others, they don't want him either. (Although the people who do want that person (Paul) are extremely energized by him) .

So basically, because people are just too stupid to actually be able to decide FOR something, they only know to decide AGAINST something.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
I thought that Republicans nominated McCain knowing he couldn't win. I never thought he had a chance, thank God.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I think it is about his religion? A lot of people think mormanism is to far out there to suport a leader that follows it?
obama said he was a Christian, but now a lot of people think that was just a sells pitch for votes. People may have a hard time voteing for a Chief that openly admits that he will be the god of his own planit and have MANNNNY wifes to populate it with. The offspring of the "Romney god" will be the soals of his planit's inhabitants.

It has nothing to do with his religion.

It's gotta do with him being the wrong choice for the presidency. He is not going to cut enough out of the budget. His campaign promises are worth squat, because he's just trying to speak to the crowd that wants to hear him. Simply put, he's just another cooki-cutter Republican politician, and that's why nobody is excited.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

I thought that Republicans nominated McCain knowing he couldn't win. I never thought he had a chance, thank God.

Pretty much the crossover voting in the early primaries set up his nomination.
Most of the independents were scared shirtless of Obama and Hillary.
Then the economy collapsed and Obama pulled out his magic wand.
But after the election, the batteries went dead.

Pretty much proves Taijiguy's theory!
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

+1
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post

I think it is widely spread falsehoods and radical inaccuracies about his religion like this that are hurting his chances.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Cause he sucks.

He's not the nominee until August. The Primary system is broken as well apparently. Some states, like Missouri, haven't finished yet, and Romney is already the pick. It's irritating to me.

It's not about religion, it's about him being "Obama light", he's got the same basic crap ideas that President Obama does.

The only good thing I heard was on the radio the other day.

"If Obama is re-elected he will pick a new Supreme court justice, and that is a decision that will be felt for the next 40 years."
Made me stop and think about my reasons for voting, or not.

Brad
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
Because he's a big dah dud?
PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Well, it is funny that atheists and Abrahamist alike think Mormonism is "out there." But I digress ...

I've thought that maybe the GOP figured a loss is all but certain but was willing to give Romney a shot at it anyway. They held back the stronger candidates. But it sounds like maybe they put their best forward and the GOP voters rejected them and it fell to Romney. That, I didn't expect. Could be either I guess.

My dislike of Romney is that he hasn't been able to shake my feeling that he wants to be president only to add it to his resume. I don't see the personal conviction. I understand it could just be his personality and he's not able to express his personal interest. I think that is translating to the lack of enthusiasm. He just doesn't fire people up.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 07-03-2012).]

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
We still have four months to the election, which is a lifetime in politics.
Most of the country, unlike us, haven't even given the election much thought.
And many won't even make their decision until the night before.

In mid October we will know if everyone needed to defeat Obama has dawned their rally caps.

At about this time of the year, there was little excitement about Clinton either.
From the NY primary to the election, he made up about 17 points.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

We still have four months to the election, which is a lifetime in politics.
Most of the country, unlike us, haven't even given the election much thought.
And many won't even make their decision until the night before.

In mid October we will know if everyone needed to defeat Obama has dawned their rally caps.

At about this time of the year, there was little excitement about Clinton either.
From the NY primary to the election, he made up about 17 points.

I don't mean enthusiasm of Romney over Obama but just within the GOP itself. Unless Romney does or says something extraordinarily stupid, he will get the nomination. I doubt that will change. But I don't see the rallying behind him. I don't know if it's normal apathy or true dislike. But I admit the Democats are pretty apathetic about Obama too. Maybe we are all just burnt out.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
http://thehill.com/blogs/bl...f-healthcare-ruling-

The enthusiasm is building. The recent Supreme Court rulings have caused a lot of people to get off the fence and commit.

Romney ran a steady and safe primary campaign. He has stepped up his rhetoric with his speeches since clinching the nomination. His recent speeches are much more motivating. You just won't hear any of them in the news because the media is in Obama's corner.

The election is still 4 months out and the worst thing that could happen is to peak early and burn out before the election.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

http://thehill.com/blogs/bl...f-healthcare-ruling-

The election is still 4 months out and the worst thing that could happen is to peak early and burn out before the election.

I doubt Romney lives in fear of peaking ...
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

I think it is about his religion?

Although I could be wrong, I disagree with this. I think it is more related to trust. I think most Republicans would rather have anyone in the Oval Offiice than the current resident but, Mr. Romney has some obstacles to over come. Though he states the first thing he wants to do it rid this nation of Obama Care, he is still the one that signed off on his state's health care law. That in itself is reason to question his policies.

It also pretty obvious that money is what got him ahead. Not public or supporter enthusiasm. In that I mean, he out spent every other candidate and bought more advertising than everyone else. Let's face it, some folks vote based on many factors besides the purported policies of the candidates.

Personally, I think Obama's biggest issues are those he created himself along with Pelosi and Reed's efforts. Most folks I know will vote for anyone over Obama, that includes Romney.

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Romney is a Republican version of John Kerry in my eyes. He is just there pandering to whoever is listening trying to buy a vote. I do not see much real vision or leadership in his campaign. I also think he, and his wife act rich, which makes the average American find it hard to relate to him. They don't love him.

My wife hates him, and she is as conservative and against the current adminstration as anyone here. She feels he is a hypocrit. Funny how some feel his religion holds him back. She feels he is fake in his faith, to try and buy votes by appearing he has some faith (even if in Mormanism). I dunno.

Either way, he is not endearing himself to voters, which is causing this race to be very close.

I haven't liked any of the Repub candidates to be honest. I cannot figure out why the GOP could not come up anything better.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

I don't mean enthusiasm of Romney over Obama but just within the GOP itself. Unless Romney does or says something extraordinarily stupid, he will get the nomination. I doubt that will change. But I don't see the rallying behind him. I don't know if it's normal apathy or true dislike. But I admit the Democats are pretty apathetic about Obama too. Maybe we are all just burnt out.

It is like love making, we have barley started kissing the ear at this point, the excitement will build as the clothes come off.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

Romney is a Republican version of John Kerry in my eyes. He is just there pandering to whoever is listening trying to buy a vote. I do not see much real vision or leadership in his campaign. I also think he, and his wife act rich, which makes the average American find it hard to relate to him. They don't love him.

My wife hates him, and she is as conservative and against the current adminstration as anyone here. She feels he is a hypocrit. Funny how some feel his religion holds him back. She feels he is fake in his faith, to try and buy votes by appearing he has some faith (even if in Mormanism). I dunno.

Either way, he is not endearing himself to voters, which is causing this race to be very close.

I haven't liked any of the Repub candidates to be honest. I cannot figure out why the GOP could not come up anything better.

I would find it very unusual for him to be pretending to believe his faith although it's not out of the question since bailing out of the LDS faith includes losing most if no all of your LDS business contacts which tend to work closely together. That said, my guess is he buys into it lock stock and barrel so I can't claim he is a phoney in that aspect.

It is like love making, we have barley started kissing the ear at this point, the excitement will build as the clothes come off.

Sooooo, you are waiting for what? Is the love not there by now? He will do what to generate that enthusiasm?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Here's some deflection... where's the GO OBAMA enthusiasm?

I see it on the news, I see it in the media... but it certainly doesn't actually exist anywhere such as it's being portrayed by the media. There's no Democrat that I know that thinks Obama has done such a stellar job, that they would much rather have him in office than any other number of Democrat politicians out there right now.

Same goes here... I'll clean toilets in a rest stop for free, even do gay p0rn ... if it means that I won't have Obama as my president next term. How's that for enthusiasm? (and for the record, I REALLY dislike gay p0rn )

Todd

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 07-03-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Here's some deflection... where's the GO OBAMA enthusiasm?

I see it on the news, I see it in the media... but it certainly doesn't actually exist anywhere such as it's being portrayed by the media. There's no Democrat that I know that thinks Obama has done such a stellar job, that they would much rather have him in office than any other number of Democrat politicians out there right now.

Same goes here... I'll clean toilets in a rest stop for free, even do gay p0rn ... if it means that I won't have Obama as my president next term. How's that for enthusiasm? (and for the record, I REALLY dislike gay p0rn )

Todd

I believe I said that in a prior post but this about Romney, not Obama. People being limp about Romney isn't explained by people being limp about Obama. I would think people would be all over Romney considering how much they dislike Obama.

Ancedotally, from the people that I've talked to that are rabidly anti-Obama, they put zero effort in selecting his challenger beyond "who's on the list I get to pick from."

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Same goes here... I'll ...... even do gay p0rn ... if it means that I won't have Obama as my president next term. How's that for enthusiasm? (and for the record, I REALLY dislike gay p0rn )

Todd

Welp, that got my vote for Romney.

Some gay pron isn't so bad, the ones with the ladies gets kinda hot. (that's not the kind you will be in though.)

Brad
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

I believe I said that in a prior post but this about Romney, not Obama. People being limp about Romney isn't explained by people being limp about Obama. I would think people would be all over Romney considering how much they dislike Obama.

Ancedotally, from the people that I've talked to that are rabidly anti-Obama, they put zero effort in selecting his challenger beyond "who's on the list I get to pick from."

Well, that's why I called it a deflection... because that's what it is. I mean, I'll readily admit that I'm not overly thrilled with Romney... certainly not as much as I was about Bush when I voted for him in the first term, or even in the re-election campaign.

I really want Ronald Reagan, but that's not going to happen. Second from that... I would be as happy as a pig in his own sh1t if I could hand-pick Allen West, or Chris Christie, or Condi Rice, or hell... I might even get somewhat excited about Herman Cain or Donald Trump even...

... but the first three people I mentioned, didn't even WANT to run. Why? I don't know. I can guess why Allen West and Chris Christie don't want to run... because they JUST started in their positions and they want to make sure they keep their promise to their constituents.

Condi... I just think she doesn't want to get into it... the Democrats would try to tear her apart on everything they could... from her possibly being lesbian, to who knows what else.

EDIT: but back to your point... I am VERY excited about Romney, but only because I'm excited to get Obama out. So as it would be... I just want Obama out, and then I'll be relieved when Romney gets in.

Todd

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

The only good thing I heard was on the radio the other day.

"If Obama is re-elected he will pick a new Supreme court justice, and that is a decision that will be felt for the next 40 years."
Made me stop and think about my reasons for voting, or not.

Brad

While others may see different issues with or for Romney, I fully agree, giving Obama a chance to nominate another Liberal to SCOTUS will most definately hasten our demise to third world status. Consider that vote carefully and do cast that vote. Other wise, you have no right to gripe about the outcome.

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-03-2012).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Consider that vote carefully and do cast that vote. Other wise, you have no right to gripe about the outcome.

I hear that all the time.
It is cute, but it is not true.
I believe The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees you that right.
You can spout your mouth off about anything you want!
It's what makes this country great.
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

There is plenty of enthusiasm for Romney.

Here is a poll conducted by CNN (which is hardly a conservative network)..

Romney Claims Slight Edge in 15 'Battleground' States

To be fair, the poll also finds an overall lead by Obama in the popular vote. But that may not be enough to re-elect him, if these swing states all go to Romney.

[This message has been edited by fogglethorpe (edited 07-03-2012).]

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

While others may see different issues with or for Romney, I fully agree, giving Obama a chance to nominate another Liberal to SCOTUS will most definately hasten our demise to third world status. Consider that vote carefully and do cast that vote. Other wise, you have no right to gripe about the outcome.

Considering many of the justices don't fall in line with the expectations of their nominating presidents, I wouldn't get to worried about it. But again, this doesn't translate to enthusiasm for Romney right? It's enthusiasm for anyone not Obama.

Again, I just don't think anyone is thrilled enough with Romney specifically. That doesn't bode well.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
R.I.N.O.

aka not enuff of a nut-con

plus he is from mass a non red state

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

It has nothing to do with his religion.

It's gotta do with him being the wrong choice for the presidency. He is not going to cut enough out of the budget. His campaign promises are worth squat, because he's just trying to speak to the crowd that wants to hear him. Simply put, he's just another cooki-cutter Republican politician, and that's why nobody is excited.

Romney sucks ass. He is a poor candidate. I don't care about his religion. He isn't that conservative. He certainly won't cut enough budget. He likely will won't beat Obama and if he does, I think he will be a less effective president. Possibly the worst we've ever experienced.

I though Herman Cain was an idiot and spoke in circles, but he at least had an idea.
I though Perry was a right wing nut job. His campaign video was outrageous.
I like Gingrich and think he is a smart man. I don't doubt he is shady, but I believe he would have followed through.
I like Ron Paul, but he never gets anywhere.
Santorum, was always laughable to me. I mean, his name isn't even in the spell check function of Google Chrome.

I think Rand Paul is great and his father has just been running to kind of prim him to run in a future election by getting their name out there.

------------------
I am the REAL Tony Kania.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Considering many of the justices don't fall in line with the expectations of their nominating presidents, I wouldn't get to worried about it. But again, this doesn't translate to enthusiasm for Romney right? It's enthusiasm for anyone not Obama.

Again, I just don't think anyone is thrilled enough with Romney specifically. That doesn't bode well.

Actually, until Obama... almost all presidents had approved judges that were pretty fair / indifferent.

Like for example, Justice Kennedy was approved under Reagan, and Roberts... under Bush.

Obama appointed two real out-there liberals... Obama KNEW what he was doing. All the previous Democrat and Republican presidents appointed people that they felt would unbiasedly uphold the constitution. And whether I like it or not, that's what Roberts did.

On the other hand, I get the feeling that Elena Kagen and Ruth Ginsberg are openly radical, and probably would have voted to uphold the Health Care law no matter WHAT was in it...

EDIT: I can only hope that in time.... the two of them will start to learn the ropes and be more constitutionalist rather than activist like they were in their earlier lives. Elena Kagen was even the president of teh ACLU if I remember.

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I hear that all the time.
It is cute, but it is not true.
I believe The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees you that right.
You can spout your mouth off about anything you want!
It's what makes this country great.

Well heck yes Boonie, you are quite correct, I guess I should rephrase that. If you don't vote, I simply won't give a rat's ass about your concerns. How's that?

------------------
Ron

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Sooooo, you are waiting for what? Is the love not there by now? He will do what to generate that enthusiasm?

For me, I don't care if he is short and ugly, or tall and handsome, I love no politician, and have never had one put a tingle down my leg.

But as we approach the election, folks just get allot more excited.

Lying, whoring crooks begin to sound believable in October for some unexplained reason.
Think it must be that Halloween is around the corner..
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

For me, I don't care if he is short and ugly, or tall and handsome, I love no politician, and have never had one put a tingle down my leg.

Lying, whoring crooks begin to sound believable in October for some unexplained reason.

True!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I guess I should rephrase that. If you don't vote, I simply won't give a rat's ass about your concerns.

You ever did?!
That's one crowded club!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-03-2012).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

I want to make sure we're clear about what kind of Tingle you're talking about...

Pam Bondi (Attorney General of Florida) is pretty hot: http://www.pambondi.com/Pam...les/shapeimage_1.png

But as far as being proud / emotional... (that kind of tingle...) I get it every time I watch a Ronald Reagan clip...

I mean... how can you not just scream inside your head... "YEAH!!! AMERICA!!!!!" when you watch these videos?

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

R.I.N.O.

aka not enuff of a nut-con

plus he is from mass a non red state

EXACTLY
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
I can't speak for others, but I know I'm not voting for Romney this November. Why? Because if I wanted to vote for Obama, I'd vote for Obama.

There's almost no difference between them, politically or ethically. Romney isn't going to do anything about ObamaCare; that would repudiate his success (if it can be called that) with RomneyCare in Massachusetts. Romney's prescriptions for all the problems facing the country are essentially "Obama Lite" and "Democrat Lite".

Besides that, he's a weathervane, changing positions to suit his political aspirations. How convenient for him that he changed his party affiliation just as Democrats were losing traction and Republicans gaining it. It's like winning the lottery!

I just don't have any confidence that Romney is going to do anything different. He's going to follow the same playbook Obama has been using since 2009, and which Bush used since 2004. He's not going to do anything to reduce government spending or to rein in the imperial Presidency because he prefers the expansion of government. His policies as governor of Massachusetts is enough proof of that.

After the 2010 elections I promised that I would not keep voting Republican if they kept doing the same old BS...and sure enough the big fight over the debt ceiling was nothing but smoke and mirrors, and ended with Obama getting everything he wanted in exchange for nonexistent budget cuts which--even if they'd been real--would not have done squat to reduce the record deficits we'll be seeing for the next decade.

Someone whose judgement I trust said, "If you keep eating the s**t sandwich the waitress puts in front of you, eventually that's all the restaurant will serve." I'm tired of it.

So, in the Presidential election, I'm voting Libertarian this year. It doesn't matter to me if that makes it easier for Obama to win. If the GOP wants my vote they're going to have to start giving me a real ALTERNATIVE to the Democrat...and that alternative has to be something more conservative than "Democrat Lite".

Ed
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by edhering:

I can't speak for others, but I know I'm not voting for Romney this November. Why? Because if I wanted to vote for Obama, I'd vote for Obama.

There's almost no difference between them, politically or ethically. Romney isn't going to do anything about ObamaCare; that would repudiate his success (if it can be called that) with RomneyCare in Massachusetts. Romney's prescriptions for all the problems facing the country are essentially "Obama Lite" and "Democrat Lite".

Besides that, he's a weathervane, changing positions to suit his political aspirations. How convenient for him that he changed his party affiliation just as Democrats were losing traction and Republicans gaining it. It's like winning the lottery!

Ed

Well, for one thing... he has SPECIFICALLY SAID that he intends to repeal Obamacare... so unless he's FLAT-OUT lying to us, I kind of doubt that he intends to keep it.

Second of all, unless I'm seriously missing something... Romney has ALWAYS been a Republican. I can't think of any time in his life where he wasn't a Republican... so I'm not sure where you got that from?

* I just looked it up, and it said that in 1976, he was temporarily a Democrat... which was done automatically because he voted for a Democrat, and he was immediately unenrolled as a Democrat within minutes. Is this what you're talking about?

And for that matter, Ronald Reagan was a Democrat... turned Republican... and look how awesome he turned out.

Todd
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

I want to make sure we're clear about what kind of Tingle you're talking about...

Pam Bondi (Attorney General of Florida) is pretty hot: http://www.pambondi.com/Pam...les/shapeimage_1.png

But as far as being proud / emotional... (that kind of tingle...) I get it every time I watch a Ronald Reagan clip...

I mean... how can you not just scream inside your head... "YEAH!!! AMERICA!!!!!" when you watch these videos?

]

Well I do believe that he was one of our greatest leaders, but few knew before he got elected how great he would become.
Many on the left felt WWlll was just around the corner if he got elected.
I just wanted to get Mr. Peanut out of there.

I was the father of two and one on the way, he was born on Nov. 1, so I had major concerns. Plus we had just opened our first business.
And today feels worse. if that is possible, but now I worry about the Grand-kids.

And when the wall came down, more than a few wacky lefties still couldn't appreciate that their children no longer has to crawl under their desks and practice kissing their butts goodby.

I have wondered if it was him that moved the nation to the right, or was the nation already headed down that path after realizing Carter and the left was a failure.

Kind of like, was it Elvis who transformed the music, or was the country already moving in that direction, and he was the vehicle who showed up to take it there?

Not that just anyone could have driven the bus in both cases.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock