Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Solstice gone....better car aquired... (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Solstice gone....better car aquired... by Falcon Fiero
Started on: 11-24-2011 02:30 PM
Replies: 130
Last post by: Falcon Fiero on 07-09-2013 06:47 PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

How have you been liking yours?

I've been having a ball with it, even satisfied with its 177 ponies. Seriously, though, that's a beaut of a Ferrari, and I bet it's a blast. Miss your Sol at all?

Edit for page ownage

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 03-18-2012).]

IP: Logged
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I could not get a car like that.. one rock thrown up by a truck, and I would go home and commit seppuku.

Definitely in the same boat there. Amazing car.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
First time I clicked this thread! Nice purchase!!

So how is it on gas? ... just kidding, who cares!

I'm very jealous of that interior
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I've been having a ball with it, even satisfied with its 177 ponies. Seriously, though, that's a beaut of a Ferrari, and I bet it's a blast. Miss your Sol at all?

Edit for page ownage

Sure I miss the Solstice...it was a great car, looked great, performed just fine, and was good on gas...all things easy to miss!

As far as mileage, in the ~600 miles I have driven, has been between 14 and 27mpg

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 03-18-2012).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Depending on how twitchy your foot feels, huh?

Seems a lot better than I would've guessed.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Love that car, now you got me thinking what I want to buy....
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Depending on how twitchy your foot feels, huh?

Seems a lot better than I would've guessed.

More between the 14 and 20 I'd say. The 27 was sustained HWY speeds...no traffic, windows up, tail wind probably....

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Drive to Cripple Creek 9500ft.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 03-26-2012).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I stitched this one together recently....pretty interesting to me to see the similarities...AND the Fiero came first!

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
The Ferrari is sweet, no doubt. The only part I just can't get myself to like is the nose, though. It just makes the car look a little dated. But still a beautiful car.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

The Ferrari is sweet, no doubt. The only part I just can't get myself to like is the nose, though. It just makes the car look a little dated. But still a beautiful car.

Yeah..sloped angled nose and pop up headlights are not seen often anymore. Corvettes don't have pop ups any more either now.
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Yeah..sloped angled nose and pop up headlights are not seen often anymore. Corvettes don't have pop ups any more either now.

Becuase they're all but illegal now. Pedestrian safety standards keep getting tighter and tighter - eventually cars will have airbags buried in the front bumper shell.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Becuase they're all but illegal now. Pedestrian safety standards keep getting tighter and tighter - eventually cars will have airbags buried in the front bumper shell.

Pop up headlights are illegal?

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
De facto ban on new cars...

Long explanation:
Click to show

Sorry for the hit and run post earlier
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Cheese graters...my favorite design part of the car...

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 05-22-2012).]

ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post

If the government is so concerned with safety they should just mandate that all cars be manufactured with 1 ft thick nerf foam on all non-glass surfaces and be done with it.

I never understood "pedestrian safety" standards. If you get hit with any vehicle going more than 10 mph you are in a world of hurt, no matter the design.

Edit: Sometimes I feel like I really want to run for political office solely to repeal all of the ridiculous automobile laws in this country. The high door sill thing drives me insane because I love putting my arm out the window. They make it so hard to design a good looking car these days.

[This message has been edited by ThatFieroKid (edited 05-22-2012).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
i wouldnt regret getting rid of a solstice, my dad has a 08 GXP in bright yellow with auto trans, while it handles great and has loads of power, its super uncomfortable to drive, and has HORRIBLE visibility, id take a new fiero GT hands down to a new solstice GXP.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

i wouldnt regret getting rid of a solstice, my dad has a 08 GXP in bright yellow with auto trans, while it handles great and has loads of power, its super uncomfortable to drive, and has HORRIBLE visibility, id take a new fiero GT hands down to a new solstice GXP.

I disagree with a Solstice being uncomfortable to drive...it fit me just fine. I took it on a 1k mile drive with no problem. I also disagree with the horrible visibility....its a convertable...no obstructions.

I would not take a new Fiero over a new Solstice....I would take an new UPDATED Fiero with ABS, AC that worked WELL...and it would have to look exactly like my 88GT did.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 05-22-2012).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

Depends on how tall you are.. I'm 5'9 and I fit in my solstice very well.. I mean i just fit it comfertably. My seat is all the way back laying aganst the water fall but all in all its a very confertable ride.. I let my friends girlfriend drive it and she has a problem of not being able to see over the dash to well.. You have to be a certin size to fit them but i daily drive mine when its nice out and love it... for the crap days I have a wrangler...

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I find my GXP Coupe a comfortable ride. I driven from Florida to Arkansas and all over Texas (Texas is BIG). Next month I’m going to the national solstice meet which is being held in Asheville North Carolina this year. It will be a 1200 + mile round trip plus the daily runs. I have no worries about being uncomfortable on the trip.

Now since I have a coupe I do have a little bit of a visibility problem!

When I drive the wife’s Sky Redline with the top down I have no visibility problems at all.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2012 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I saw a REAL Solstice in the flesh here this week In a carpark outside the local Chinese warehouse/store. Yep, owned by the Chinese Boss I simply LOVED it.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I saw a REAL Solstice in the flesh here this week In a carpark outside the local Chinese warehouse/store. Yep, owned by the Chinese Boss I simply LOVED it.

There great looking cars.. I love mine..
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Weekend drive with my brother and his Elise, over Trail Ridge Road...~12,200ft

attempt at a panorama shot..

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Boardwalk in Grand Lake:

In Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park:

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Boardwalk in Grand Lake:

In Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park:

Nice pictures of the mountains! Boy do I miss CO! Oh, the cars look good too.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

holy cow,..how did i miss this thread ??

Nice Falcon !! i like that model and the ferrari 355 spyder.

soooo jealous.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Pics from a charity show this last weekend:

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Why does that BMW parked next to you have so many trophies?!? Those wheels are hideous!

btw, love that shot with the decklid raised, seeing the whole piece louvered like it is.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Why does that BMW parked next to you have so many trophies?!? Those wheels are hideous!

X2
It's not even a good one, either. 318s are well known to be pretty crappy.

btw, love that shot with the decklid raised, seeing the whole piece louvered like it is.

Also, sweet.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
The BMW was a euro spec car....owned by an active soldier...he had it shipped over. It had the ostrich interior, fully bagged suspension, and all the big stereo tv screens. Nice guy, brought his family along, his son had his hot wheels cars on display.
Not my taste in cars, but was cool to see the family affair.

None of the "imports" won anything. There was a 32 Ford club that came and overheard they took turns voting for one of the members cars...they had a bunch of people. I hate going to shows for that reason, but it was for a charity I support so I didn't really care what the outcome was.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 07-16-2012).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Was able to shoot another video of the car today with a better video camera:

------------------

PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm not trying to be a hater, but I really do not like the 355 taillight treatment. It should have those cheesegraters on the taillights too! To me, those are what makes a 348 a 348. I do agree with the 360 wheels though......I never cared for the "fat" spoke wheels that came with them originally.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 09-22-2012).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I'm not trying to be a hater, but I really do not like the 355 taillight treatment. It should have those cheesegraters on the taillights too! To me, those are what makes a 348 a 348. I do agree with the 360 wheels though......I never cared for the "fat" spoke wheels that came with them originally.

It's not 355 tail lights, its a Lemans replica racing grill. The 348 and Testarossa were the the only Ferrari's that didnt have round tail lights....this updated it.

I agree, I never liked the saw blade wheels the car came with,

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 09-23-2012).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Beautiful. I have always loved the 328 and 355 as my two favorites, but this is one gorgeous stallion. Nice score.
We need some cockpit videos of you driving it so we can hear that exhaust from inside the car.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Parking garage downtown last night: Dinner @ Nosh.
Sounded SOOOO good in the underground. Set off several alarms!

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
HDR?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

HDR?

?

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ynamic_range_imaging

Ah. No, just a Galaxy SII cell phone camera on flash setting in a dark parking garage.....
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Was able to shoot another video of the car today with a better video camera:

I still miss CO like crazy(but it's warmer here in GA); please keep posting up pictures with mountains in the background. I like the sound of that exhaust, but I listened to your Solstice YouTube video and am wondering what exhaust did you have on it? Was it a GXP?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock