Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Dodge is bringing back the Dart (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dodge is bringing back the Dart by rstubie
Started on: 12-07-2011 09:33 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: blackrams on 01-10-2012 11:02 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I think my dogs ass looks better then the Caliber.

I'll take your word on that. No evidence required.

------------------
Ron
The key thing is to wake up breathing! All the rest can be fixed. (Except Stupid - You can't fix that)

IP: Logged
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2012 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
First look video.

I think it looks nice.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

I think my dogs ass looks better then the Caliber.

Is that with, or without?

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

I think it looks nice.

X2. Not bad looking when I see the whole car.

Jim

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2012 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

The early 60's were cool looking and were no slouch. This new one, well is a dart in name only.

That would be an interesting race; a 62 with a CrossRam Wedge versus a 2014 Dart SRT 4 with a 2.4 Tigershark Turbo. I think the new Dart would destroy the old one. And if you think the Dart of fifty years ago was cool looking, you must be able to appreciate ugly dogs and the beauty in homely women, so I cannot fault you. But compared to the timeless beauty of contemporary Chevys, Fords, and Pontiacs, the big Darts are bizarrely styled.

As far as the new Dart is a dart in name only, that is a trite and meaningless statement. What do you drive? A 1999 FourWheeled AutomotiveConveyance? All the best car names are more evocative in nature then literal. Are Ford Mustangs really horses? Of course not, but the name evoques a certain image. I think the new Dart evoques a more Dartlike form with its pointed nose carrying the power and it's aerodynamic tail following along. A Dart is a tiny weapon, weighted in the front, that quickly and accurately goes where it is pointed. I don't see a 118" wheelbase rear wheel drive on Bias Ply tires and vacuum powered drum brakes out maneuvering any modern car.

So if the only metric that you are looking at is if the new one evoques an image of the old one, then I guess you are right. And if you are looking for a car to drive to show and shines or for burger runs, then a a wedge powered 62 would be great. If you are looking for a car that you would be happy with to drive as a car everyday, the new Dart looks pretty tasty to me.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

Originally posted by maryjane:

Is that with, or without?

If you remember your forum lore accurately, spark plugs were high on the list of what I would NOT stick in my dogs' asses.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2012 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
It looks like a Hyundai rip off of a Mitsubishi Lancer or something along those lines...not very Dodge-like.
Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it could be a nice daily driver, the only thing I don't particulary like is the rear lights going all the way across the back. Cars just don't look right to me with them.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dgzfiero:

Looks like it could be a nice daily driver, the only thing I don't particulary like is the rear lights going all the way across the back. Cars just don't look right to me with them.

I have to agree. The car on the whole, I like. However, I don't care for the tail lights.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I'm disappointed.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

It is replacing the much unloved Caliber. I think my dogs ass looks better then the Caliber.

Unfortunately, your dog must have a really fugly ass. Pictures are not required to prove you point.

------------------
Ron
The key thing is to wake up breathing! All the rest can be fixed. (Except Stupid - You can't fix that)

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock