Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Ron Paul to propose $1T in spending cuts..... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ron Paul to propose $1T in spending cuts..... by Taijiguy
Started on: 10-17-2011 10:47 AM
Replies: 40
Last post by: JazzMan on 10-18-2011 06:53 PM
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

So now we have to donate to a certain type of charity for it to count?

I never said anything like that, and you know it Brad. Either it's another case of severe reading comprehension failure, or you're just a bald-faced liar. I'd prefer to think it was the former as the latter indicated malevolent intent.

Man, you really don't think this crap through do you?

Actually, I do. I interpret this as a false depiction of my character.

Say President Obama (really it's rude for you to not refer to him by his proper title) has a net worth of Oh, lets say 10 million dollars.

Oh. Dear. God.

You have got to be kidding me with this one. I'm saving this one, it's so precious that I'm going to quote you every time someone uses the derogatory names Obumbles, NoBama, etc.

Here's the quote I'm using:

Originally posted by twofatguys :
Say President Obama (really it's rude for you to not refer to him by his proper title)...

Hows that look? Better get the cut and paste machine warmed up. Actually, I think I'll have to hit eBay for a newer Avengador2000 model MegaCopy-N-Paste machine, I don't think the stock one in Windows is up to the task.

Of that 10 million or so dollars The President gave $245,075 (not 300,000+ as you claimed) about 2% of his net worth to Charities in 2010. Way up from the less than 1% he gave when he wasn't running for office, but I digress. That does NOT take into account the money from the Nobel Prize since he never claimed it on his taxes, that money was donated directly from the foundation.

Now we could go by yearly income, but would that really be fair since you keep talking about what he's worth?

No, I don't. In fact, I only mentioned that he's a self-made millionaire, once, in this thread. One time. Not multiple times as you apparently believe I said in whatever fantasy world your mind lives in, and never actual amounts. I know it's got to be millions because he made millions selling his books, not only the books aimed at the adult audience but children's books as well. I never said what he's worth, never looked into it, have no interest in knowing it now, either. The intent of my words, the meaning you so painfully, obviously (or is that obliviously?) missed, was that he's well off because of his hard work, real work, and as such really doesn't need his salary as president.

But back to the facts (and this is for the general audience, not Brad whose reading comprehension skills are so woefully inadequate) this article says that in 2009 he and his wife donated $329,100 to 40 different charities, not including the 1.4 million dollar Nobel award that he personally directed which charities it would be donated to. The IRS has a special rule that lets someone donate all of a Nobel and not take a tax hit, but the donation is most assuredly controlled by the Nobel award recipient. As an aside, I'm glad that this is the case because it allows more money to flow to charity, even charities that the Obama family prefers, and also greatly simplifies the taxes of winners as often they're not self-made millionaires.

Regarding their 2010 donations, this article states:

Obama's tax return for 2010 showed he and Michelle Obama donated $245,075 - about 14.2 percent of their income - to 36 different charities.

Their largest charitable donation was $131,075 to the Fisher House Foundation of Rockville, Md., which provides free or low cost lodging to veterans and military families receiving treatment at military medical centers.

Of note is that the Obama family earned $1.38 million last year from book sales, more than triple the $395,000 he earned in presidential salary.

So my contention that Obama would go for cutting the presidential salary to $39K still stands; he paid more in taxes in 2010 than he earned in presidential pay, by a margin of twenty thousand dollars.

And Brad, I wish that you would invest some effort into improving your reading comprehension skills. Every time you post a supposed rebuke of my words all you do is show everyone that you can't read, or at least can't string together even simple concepts in your mind after reading something. It's like when you read my words in your head is a blender of things I didn't say and you can't tell them apart from the things I did say, so you just pick the ones you guess might be right and throw them back up here.

It makes you look, I don't know, wait, I do know:

twofatguys:

Make it go!

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 10-18-2011).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave