Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
   tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims by NEPTUNE
Started on: 08-18-2011 06:07 PM
Replies: 625
Last post by: avengador1 on 09-22-2011 10:37 AM
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

One thing I've heard about the folks in the middle east - at least one thing they like less than the USA is a weak, ass-kisser. Wow, now we have BOTH!

Well, the one thing Obama has going for him as far as they're concerned is that he's not an American. OH! (bah-duh-dump)
IP: Logged
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Too early to tell. I want to listen to more debates, here more position statements. There a LONG way to go.

Cool, I thought as you are a Tea Party member there may have been a favorite by now. I'm guessing you are not a fan of Romney.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
I'm guessing you are not a fan of Romney.

Excellent guess, and right on the nose.

I think there are some good choices. I like Michelle Bachman, but everyone is making a big deal about her religion (although if they do against Obama, we can trot out Jeremiah Wright again). I think Palin would be very good at administration, but the left has been assassinating her non stop. Herman Cain has a lot of my admiration for what he has accomplished in the business world. Newt is very smart, but seems to step on his dick too often and is "yesterday's news". I like Perry, but need to get to know him better. Hunstman is a RINO, like Romney. No thanks. Santorum is a good guy, but doesn't have enough name recognition.

But seriously, I need to get to know them all better in the context of a Presidential run to have a true first choice.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The real reason liberals hate the tea party is because they are afraid of what they have been able to do. Here is an email the tea party is circulating now.

Dear Patriot,

Washington's liberal class decided to follow up Rep. Maxine Waters' (D-CA) "the Tea Party can go straight to hell" attack with another shot across the bow of the Tea Party movement. Yesterday, Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL) told her constituents to remember that "the real enemy is the Tea Party!" We've seen an increase not only in the intensity of the rhetoric against the Tea Party, but also in frequency. And this can only mean one thing: they're scared!

With our state-of-the-art petition software, we've shown Congress a level of grassroots activism that they've never seen before. We've sent almost 900,000 letters to our elected representatives, calling them to action on issues from the debt ceiling to a balanced budget amendment, and that has the establishment shaking in their proverbial boots!

As we continue to focus on activism, we're fast approaching 100,000 letters to Congress urging support for Rep. Connie Mack's (R-FL) "One Percent Spending Reduction Act." This bill, H.R. 1848, will cut 1% of the federal budget each year for the next six years. By 2018, it will install a cap on federal spending, limiting it to just 18% of GDP. By 2019, the federal government will have a balanced budget and a spending cap. This bill accomplishes exactly what the establishment fears: it cuts up their credit card and forces them to live within their means!

We have an opportunity to restore fiscal sanity to Washington, and when we flood Congress with letters, the politicians start to wake up. You can use our petition system to contact your elected representatives and tell them to put America on the path to a balanced budget by supporting Connie Mack’s “One Percent Spending Reduction Act.”

We cover the costs of using the petition system, and a contribution is not required to participate, but your generous donations allow us to continue to offer this service free-of-charge to all Americans!
Thank you,

Todd Cefaratti
Freedom Organizer

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Excellent guess, and right on the nose.

I think there are some good choices. I like Michelle Bachman, but everyone is making a big deal about her religion (although if they do against Obama, we can trot out Jeremiah Wright again). I think Palin would be very good at administration, but the left has been assassinating her non stop. Herman Cain has a lot of my admiration for what he has accomplished in the business world. Newt is very smart, but seems to step on his dick too often and is "yesterday's news". I like Perry, but need to get to know him better. Hunstman is a RINO, like Romney. No thanks. Santorum is a good guy, but doesn't have enough name recognition.

But seriously, I need to get to know them all better in the context of a Presidential run to have a true first choice.

Bachmann- a former IRS attorney? Cain- a former Fed flunky?

Why are you writing off Paul?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:
The real reason liberals hate the tea party is because they are afraid of what they have been able to do. Here is an email the tea party is circulating now.

wow - nice email - still no shortage of blowhard language, eh? lol

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 08-24-2011).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Pyrthian

29569 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

because they are not true to their message
they talk tax - but vote christian sharia law
which is why this very topic is here
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

because they are not true to their message

With all due respect, I wasn't really asking you, as I have no idea what your ideas are, it seems like you just try to stir the pot, and post snide remarks for the most part. But....
"They" who? I'm talking about one man, who is not a "they".
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I'm not. I like him. But I don't think he's electable.

I didn't know Bachmann is a former IRS attorney. I did know Cain worked for the Fed, which was a big negative for me. It's stuff like this I need to learn about the candidates before I can pick a first choice.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

I'm not. I like him. But I don't think he's electable.

I didn't know Bachmann is a former IRS attorney. I did know Cain worked for the Fed, which was a big negative for me. It's stuff like this I need to learn about the candidates before I can pick a first choice.

It looks like you're buying into the media bullcrap like so many others, I'm disappointed.

He's only unelectable if you ignore him. The guy didn't do as well as he did in the straw polls because he's unelectable.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

I did know Cain worked for the Fed, which was a big negative for me. It's stuff like this I need to learn about the candidates before I can pick a first choice.

http://spectator.org/blog/2...an-cain-and-the-fed#

Herman Cain and the Fed
AmSpecBlog

By Joseph Lawler on 5.27.11 @ 12:45PM

Joshua Green at the Atlantic takes note of an interesting situation: Herman Cain​, currently undertaking a populist and Tea Party-based campaign for the presidency, is a former Kansas City Federal Reserve chairman.

There are elements of the Tea Party, especially those influenced by Ron Paul​, who are against the Fed in general. And the Tea Party has led the wider trend in Republican thought against loose monetary policy. For Cain to have been a member of the Fed and defend it some cases is an obstacle in his attempt to present himself as the Tea Party favorite.

Cain was appointed as a Class C director of the Kansas City Fed board in 1992. In that capacity, he provided advice to the president of the KC Fed (the conservative Thomas Hoenig) about conditions for private, non-bank businesses. According to Green, that particular bank was very conservative at the time, and so was Cain:

I had better luck with Drue Jennings, a Kansas City lawyer who served with Cain on the Federal Reserve Board and succeeded him as chairman. Jennings is quite fond of his old colleague. "Herman was a pleasure to work with," he told me. "His views were pretty consistent with those of the Fed at the time. Alan Greenspan was, of course, chairman and Herman was in lock stop with the policies of the Fed." Jennings added that this was not atypical; he could not recall a single dissent from anyone during this three-year term. Still, he said, Cain was no pushover. "He's a guy you'll never find in a gray area," Jennings said. "He's intelligent, well spoken, and very assertive to the point of almost being aggressive. He's anything but shy."

Jennings said Cain fit the profile of the Kansas City Fed. "Inflation was always the big bugaboo," he told me, "and when it comes to monetary policy, he was an inflation hawk. I'll tell you, that's the most conservative bunch of guys I've ever met."

At a recent Spectator press event I had the opportunity to ask Cain about his views on the Federal Reserve. His view is that the Fed's current dual mandate is overbroad, and that it should not be tasked with promoting maximum employment. He argued that the only role of the Fed should be to stabilize the price level, and suggested that as president he would try to end the dual mandate.

While keeping inflation expectations stable doesn't necessarily entail a specific Fed stance (for instance, during a downturn it would be necessary for the Fed to engage in very loose monetary policy to avoid deflation), Cain made it clear that he favored tighter money for the current economy. In other venues, he's expressed approval of some kind of gold standard or other asset backing for U.S. currency. And he's not impressed by current Fed chairman Ben Bernanke's management of the crisis and weak recovery -- he said flatly that he wouldn't reappoint Bernanke in 2014 if he were president. Cain declined to suggest who he would replace Bernanke with, however. Although he had a few candidates in mind, he chuckled that he wouldn't want to invade their privacy just yet.

Seems to me that if we elect true conservatives to public office, Fed policies won't be so destructive. If it weren't Obama and his crew carrying Bernanke in his hip pocket, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in.
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I can safely say that RP is the ONLY politician that I agree with 100%. I don't need debates and media to tell me who he is, I can look at his voting record for more than thirty years, it pretty clearly speaks for itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ositions_of_Ron_Paul
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

It looks like you're buying into the media bullcrap like so many others, I'm disappointed.

They say the same thing about Palin and Bachmann. One excuse is "I can't stand her voice" or her "accent". This is how shallow the electorate can be. In the TV and internet age, a presidential candidate has to have "eye appeal" and people have to swoon at their voice and speeches. How do you think Obama got elected? He had "appeal".

No, I don't buy into it *personally*. I want a president with substance, not just all the crap I just mentioned. But I'm one guy, not 100 million voters. Will the voters do the right thing, and vote for a person of substance - like Ron Paul? Or will they vote for an "American Idol" person like Obama?

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:.

No, I don't buy into it *personally*. I want a president with substance, not just all the crap I just mentioned. But I'm one guy, not 100 million voters. Will the voters do the right thing, and vote for a person of substance - like Ron Paul? Or will they vote for an "American Idol" person like Obama?

That's always the case. But if you don't vote for him, and promote him, he can't really win. Instead of saying he's "unelectable", I'm doing all I can to make sure he gets elected.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

That's always the case. But if you don't vote for him, and promote him, he can't really win. Instead of saying he's "unelectable", I'm doing all I can to make sure he gets elected.

I will seriously consider Ron Paul.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

I will seriously consider Ron Paul.

Check out the wiki I posted- Lori and both agree with him 100%, I bet you won't be too far off.

Maybe for some of us it's less about him being "unelectable", and more about, it's almost "too good to hope for". It seems to me almost impossible to imagine what it would be like to have him in the white house, and to get even half of what he wants to accomplish. No taxes or IRS? No patriot act? Secure borders? No anchor babies? What *would* we complain about?????
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Yeah I figure I would educate those a little bit about the wisdom of our greatest president.. who if alive today, would likely be a Democrat.
(In other words, today's Republicans do not resemble anything close to what they used to be, ever since the 60s when the racist dixiecrats jumped ship for the Republican party.)

I guess that is why Martin Luther King was a Republican?

Just because some smart ass Marketing guy decided to label the GOP as haters does not make it so. Take it from a professional marketer.

The GOP free the slaves, the DNC founded the KKK
The GOP defended Susan B Anthony, the DNC arrested her
The GOP gave women the right to vote, the DNC fillibustered the ammendment in the Senate
The GOP Intigrated the Military (Eisenhower did in practice as Commander of the Allies, before Truman made it law), The DNC formed the Dixie-crats as an answer
The GOP wrote the Civil Rights Legislation in 1957 that LBJ let sit on the table in committee and later took credit for it in 1964, MLK was assassinated by a Democrat (in my lifetime...not ancient history)
Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2 all appointed more women and minorities to high office than any Democrat...ever, including the current President.

I, for one, am a Republican because of this auspicious history and continued delivery of action over rhetoric. Judge a man by the content of his character and not the color of his skin. THAT...is why the GOP was founded by disenchanted Jeffersonian Republicans and Whigs and originally named "The Anti Slavery Party". And I am proud of the tradition that continues today.

Label all you want, but history knows who is all talk and who is moving us forward as a unified people.

Oh, and if you think Lincoln would have ANYTHING to do with the Democrats today, you do not understand the man OR the party at all!!! The DNC is, has, and always willbe about one thing, power.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Just because some smart ass Marketing guy decided to label the GOP as haters does not make it so. Take it from a professional marketer.

The GOP gave women the right to vote, the DNC fillibustered the ammendment in the Senate
The GOP Intigrated the Military (Eisenhower did in practice as Commander of the Allies, before Truman made it law), The DNC formed the Dixie-crats as an answer
The GOP wrote the Civil Rights Legislation in 1957 that LBJ let sit on the table in committee and later took credit for it in 1964, MLK was assassinated by a Democrat (in my lifetime...not ancient history)
Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2 all appointed more women and minorities to high office than any Democrat...ever, including the current President.

I, for one, am a Republican because of this auspicious history and continued delivery of action over rhetoric. Judge a man by the content of his character and not the color of his skin. THAT...is why the GOP was founded by disenchanted Jeffersonian Republicans and Whigs and originally named "The Anti Slavery Party". And I am proud of the tradition that continues today.

Label all you want, but history knows who is all talk and who is moving us forward as a unified people.

Oh, and if you think Lincoln would have ANYTHING to do with the Democrats today, you do not understand the man OR the party at all!!! The DNC is, has, and always willbe about one thing, power.

some perspective will help here.
yes, the KKK was in fact created by democrats. CONSERVATIVE Democrats.
the party's today are NOT the partys of old.
How about the fact that Republicans who did NOT want to enter WW2? The ONLY war in a long long time which actually can be considered any kind of "common defense" as called for in the constitution.
not sure how or when it all flipped - but apparantly it did.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

some perspective will help here.
yes, the KKK was in fact created by democrats. CONSERVATIVE Democrats.
the party's today are NOT the partys of old.

THAT is the marketing guy talking, Not reality. The Democrats who founded the KKK were about the same thing and Democrats today, POWER. Slavery meant power. They lost that and used terror to try to influence Negros to go back to servitude. Now they use the power of a corrupt financial system. Since FDR ended the Gold Standard and placed the value of a man's labor on some arbitrary standard and started printing money hand over fist, we have all become enslaved all over again to the debtor nation.

Need I remind you that the only 2 American Presidents to be members of the KKK were Democrats, Wilson and Truman. AND the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court under Wilson (Justice White) was a member of the Klan and arranged with Wilson for a private screening of the film Birth of a Nation in the WHITE HOUSE!!!! Wilson said it was one of the best movies he ever saw. Have you seen Birth of a Nation? It is on TCM once in a while, you should see it and then tell me about your "Democratic" values. How can you delude yourself this much? How can you be a willing member of a party with that track record?

Democrats are trying to keep people in the pocket of the power brokers, keep them needing handouts from the government, keep them from rising above servitude. The GOP wants people to be free, yes free to fail or success, but free. The DNC is trying to con minorities into thinking that there is some sort of guarantee out there for life. All they have to do is surrender their freedom and all their needs will be taken care of..yeah right.

How about the fact that Republicans who did NOT want to enter WW2? The ONLY war in a long long time which actually can be considered any kind of "common defense" as called for in the constitution.
not sure how or when it all flipped - but apparantly it did.

Not even sure how to respond to that kind of nonsense.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

No, you dont understand - I said the Republican party of TODAY, not the early 60s and pre-civil rights. How convenient you manage to ignore that part of what I said. So why dont you read a little history and not your real estate sales manuals. I have my reasons for believing what Lincoln would be, and I never labeled you anything. (This time) The very fact that you got angry about my statement (I am SOOOOO surprised) shows that I am closer to home than you would like to admit. As far as MLKJ, being a Republican in the south before segregationists jumped ship to the Republican party was the norm.. how many southern blacks are republican today? Read on.

Lincoln was/did during his presidency:

Big Government/Federalist.. against states rights

Instituted the first income tax

Spent money like there was no tomorrow.. so tax and spend.. sounds very Democrat according to your own descriptions of them

Champion of civil rights.. yet those same conservatives in the south that were once Democrats (aka the Dixiecrats) are the ones who tried to perpetuated segregation, and jumped ship in the 50s and 60s to the Republican party, and ESPECIALLY when President Johnson also became a champion of civil rights. Your Republicans like the late Strom Thurmond came from a group of segregationists that wanted nothing more to do with the Democratic party once they saw their segregationist agenda was not going to fly with them. The Republicans welcomed them with open arms... because thats more votes with an -R.

Anti secession (all this conservative talk of secession again.. yeah, really Lincoln-esque)
Soo.. sounds like a Democrat to me. And look, I was able to make my point without getting all mad. Give it try sometime.

Also
Lincoln would suspend habeas corpus and arrest anyone who was accusing other US citizens of treason without proof in a time of war until it was over. (ie.. Rick Perry)

And yeah, I think MLKJ would be a Democrat today had he lived, as well. Don't think that the Republicans and their behavior over the last 40 years would have kept him in the party. Just because many 'conservatives' are in the Republican party that doesnt mean they have all black conservatives, or even a majority. Especially African American conservatives... who feel disenfranchised in a modern Republican party, where the only major figures who are black do not represent the will or face of their culture. When you see the percentages of who voted for Obama in the black community, you know pretty much how most of them felt about Republicans, dont you? And all the Repubs labeling that behavior as racist probably would have not sat well with the man.

Every one of his assistants and colleagues from that time are Democrats, not Republicans. Go ask John Lewis (D-Georgia) about it, he knew the man better than you ever would.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-24-2011).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

No, you dont understand - I said the Republican party of TODAY, not the early 60s and pre-civil rights. How convenient you manage to ignore that part of what I said. So why dont you read a little history and not your real estate sales manuals. I have my reasons for believing what Lincoln would be, and I never labeled you anything. (This time) The very fact that you got angry about my statement (I am SOOOOO surprised) shows that I am closer to home than you would like to admit. As far as MLKJ, being a Republican in the south before segregationists jumped ship to the Republican party was the norm.. how many southern blacks are republican today? Read on.

Lincoln was/did during his presidency:

Big Government/Federalist.. against states rights

Instituted the first income tax

Spent money like there was no tomorrow.. so tax and spend.. sounds very Democrat according to your own descriptions of them

Champion of civil rights.. yet those same conservatives in the south that were once Democrats (aka the Dixiecrats) are the ones who tried to perpetuated segregation, and jumped ship when President Johnson also became a champion of civil rights, and so they went to the Republican party

Anti secession (all this conservative talk of secession again.. yeah, really Lincoln-esque)
Soo.. sounds like a Democrat to me. And look, I was able to make my point without getting all mad. Give it try sometime.

Also
Lincoln would suspend habeas corpus and arrest anyone who was accusing other US citizens of treason without proof in a time of war until it was over. (ie.. Rick Perry)

And yeah, I think MLKJ would be a Democrat today had he lived, as well. Don't think that the Republicans and their behavior over the last 40 years would have kept him in the party. Just because many 'conservatives' are in the Republican party that doesnt mean they have all black conservatives, or even a majority. Especially African American conservatives... who feel disenfranchised in a modern Republican party, where the only major figures who are black do not represent the will or face of their culture. When you see the percentages of who voted for Obama in the black community, you know pretty much how most of them felt about Republicans, dont you? And all the Repubs labeling that behavior as racist probably would have not sat well with the man.

Every one of his assistants and colleagues from that time are Democrats, not Republicans. Go ask John Lewis (D-Georgia) about it, he knew the man better than you ever would.

Ugh, you can lead a horse to water....

Lincoln was not against states rights tot he extent that they could seceed from the union. Here is his quote from 1861 "Having never been States, either in substance, or in name, outside of the Union, whence this magical omnipotence of 'State rights,' asserting a claim of power to lawfully destroy the Union itself?"

First income tax? Uh, yeah..he had a war to pay for and it was a TEMPORARY TAX! It ended in a few years, can't remember how many exactly but Google is your friend. It was Wilson in 1913 who damned us all to an unending tax on our labors and productivity.

As for the ONE dixiecrat who joined the GOP he did so only AFTER recanting his anti racial statements and adopting a policy of integration! Thurmond actually fought George Wallace...you remember him...Democrat "Segregation NOW!" That guy?, not ancient history, he was shot in 1972. I was 9!

NO, MLK was and would still be a Republican. His lieutenants joined the DNC because of Kennedy. JFK was one of the few Democrats to get it! He was a hawk, a fiscal conservative, he wanted to end the Federal Reserves control over our money, he wanted civil rights. The man was a Republican in sheeps clothing....and that is why he was killed. People thought that Kennedy's ideals were the DNC's ideals and you have all been conned! Wake up and look at what they DO, not what they SAY!

PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
ehh.. I dont feel conned. I guess someone who is conned wouldn't feel that way, even you.

You calling me a horse?
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Ugh, you can lead a horse to water....

Lincoln was not against states rights tot he extent that they could seceed from the union. Here is his quote from 1861 "Having never been States, either in substance, or in name, outside of the Union, whence this magical omnipotence of 'State rights,' asserting a claim of power to lawfully destroy the Union itself?"

First income tax? Uh, yeah..he had a war to pay for and it was a TEMPORARY TAX! It ended in a few years, can't remember how many exactly but Google is your friend. It was Wilson in 1913 who damned us all to an unending tax on our labors and productivity.

As for the ONE dixiecrat who joined the GOP he did so only AFTER recanting his anti racial statements and adopting a policy of integration! Thurmond actually fought George Wallace...you remember him...Democrat "Segregation NOW!" That guy?, not ancient history, he was shot in 1972. I was 9!

NO, MLK was and would still be a Republican. His lieutenants joined the DNC because of Kennedy. JFK was one of the few Democrats to get it! He was a hawk, a fiscal conservative, he wanted to end the Federal Reserves control over our money, he wanted civil rights. The man was a Republican in sheeps clothing....and that is why he was killed. People thought that Kennedy's ideals were the DNC's ideals and you have all been conned! Wake up and look at what they DO, not what they SAY!

todd it gets real if you just drop the partys
and go with con's and pro's
but then you can't spin the history

liberal progressive founding fathers revolted against england
the con's were called tory's fought against the rebels but lost

later

liberal progressive's like lincoln freed the slaves
con's supported slave owners and rebelled but lost

later
the southern con's who apposed civil rights fought against
the progressives who wanted schools and jobs to be equal access to all races
when the con's lost yet again [see a trend here yet?]
all the racist southern con's swaped partys to join the GOP
and lincoln and other liberal republicans became what you call RINO's today

yes we get why you need to spin a horrorshow of your real history
and try to steal liberal works and idea's to replace the con's actual efforts
ie the standard neo-conned trick, the BIG LIE
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2011 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

I didn't know Bachmann is a former IRS attorney.

Only for a few years, and she spent much of that time on maternity leave while having several children. She only ever took one case to court, a minor one. Her fellow attorneys didn't think she'd been there long enough to accumulate enough experience to contribute comparable work as the others.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Only for a few years, and she spent much of that time on maternity leave while having several children. She only ever took one case to court, a minor one. Her fellow attorneys didn't think she'd been there long enough to accumulate enough experience to contribute comparable work as the others.

Cool. That's good news, thank you.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I know I shouldn't "feed the troll", but I just couldn't let this one slide under the fence:

Her fellow attorneys didn't think she'd been there long enough to accumulate enough experience to contribute comparable work as the others.

So, in Tea Bagger World, lack of knowledge/qualifications/ experience is a good thing?

OK, that explains a lot.
Except for the part where you ignored President Obamas intelligence and savvy and attacked him for his lack of government experience.
You're chasing your tail again, Fierobear

------------------

Drive safely!

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Sorry, I know I shouldn't "feed the troll", but I just couldn't let this one slide under the fence:

So, in Tea Bagger World, lack of knowledge/qualifications/ experience is a good thing?

OK, that explains a lot.
Except for the part where you ignored President Obamas intelligence and savvy and attacked him for his lack of government experience.

I think he means cool as in, she might not be so much of an IRS butt-sniffer if she had done more. Although, from my understanding, she tried more than one case, and in fact ruined some lives while with the IRS. I'll have to do some research on that.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

OK, that explains a lot.

I will go out on a limb and tell you, you can relax.

The will be only one winner of the Republican primary and one winner in the general election.
And the one who will be sitting in the big chair come Jan. 2013, will not be someone who has ever occupied a chair in either house.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

I will go out on a limb and tell you, you can relax.

The will be only one winner of the Republican primary and one winner in the general election.
And the one who will be sitting in the big chair come Jan. 2013, will not be someone who has ever occupied a chair in either house.

So another Governor/ former governor? From what I have seen, those candidates and possible candidates that are/were governors don't strike me as people who can win.

Cthuhlu never occupied either house, but he does occupy mine...

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-24-2011).]

partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Cthuhlu never occupied either house, but he does occupy mine...

But your house doesn't have the "Big Chair" that sits in front of the desk that Monica knelt under.
So it don't count

And tell tell him if he don't file he can't run, and if he don't run he can't win.
Nov. is the deadline, so plenty of time for him and a few other to consider a run.
I also think the VP WILL be one who has occupied a seat in one of the houses.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I think he means cool as in, she might not be so much of an IRS butt-sniffer if she had done more. Although, from my understanding, she tried more than one case, and in fact ruined some lives while with the IRS. I'll have to do some research on that.

Yes. And as usual, Neptune misses the point completely. How can someone who gets so many things so wrong get through life in once piece?

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Or will they vote for an "American Idol" person like Obama?

I hope the 'general American' that helped elect The O learned their lesson and will look for substance next time. The only problem is the 'media' as that is how they operate and will only give the guy/girl that gets rating any real air time.. The media is really who runs the political system in this country.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Yes. And as usual, Neptune misses the point completely. How can someone who gets so many things so wrong get through life in once piece?

Why even bother reading posts from anyone who still cant get past referring to the tea party as 'baggers' ? If all you can do is spew insults designed to incite irritation in others, you have nothing useful to say anyway.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Why even bother reading posts from anyone who still cant get past referring to the tea party as 'baggers' ? If all you can do is spew insults designed to incite irritation in others, you have nothing useful to say anyway.

Also, notice how we're having a decent overall conversation in this thread - until Neptune shows up.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

But....but....I thought you guys LIKED it now.

C'mon, make up your mind.

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 08-24-2011).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

But....but....I thought you guys LIKED it now.

C'mon, make up your mind.

Just another gaybasher. Has nothing better to call people you hate, gay in some form or another. An entire "political group" in your little mind must all just be gay if you dont like them?
Another pathetic tactic is to just call them racists. Just because they differ on political views, just write them off as racist.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

What? What is Chritian sharia law?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

It's pyrthian, Rick, don't bother trying to make sense of his posts. They don't.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

making religous laws

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Pyrthian

29569 posts
Member since Jul 2002

It's pyrthian, Rick, don't bother trying to make sense of his posts. They don't.

only to those who cannot think freely. if you need thought spoon fed to you from Fox News, of course you will find this confusing.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock