Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What movies are in need of being remade? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What movies are in need of being remade? by Toddster
Started on: 08-08-2011 09:57 PM
Replies: 51
Last post by: Toddster on 08-11-2011 01:59 PM
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Any chance they could redo Sleepless in Seattle where he chases harlots, gambles like a lunatic, drinks till he's falling down thru the whole show then throws the female lead off the roof right at the end?

Were you reading uhlanstan's autobiography?
IP: Logged
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
My wife said she'd like to see Gremlins remade. I would like to see a Tim Burton take on The Wizard of Oz.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 08-11-2011).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:
. I would like to see a Tim Burton take on The Wizard of Oz.

Normally, I poo poo the idea of all remakes... but your idea has some merit. However, looking at your avatar, i know why you said that.
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
The ONLY movies that should be remade are ones that either sucked but had a good premise, or didn't have the technology to make it great. I do not think we should remake some classics you all are discussing. I love to watch older movies and enjoy them for what they are. There is a new Spiderman coming out that I'm really excited for, but only because they really messed up the last series. I think Godzilla could be pretty good, but Cloverfield pretty much grabbed what that would look like. Boonie's favorite movie, The Ten Commandments, could definitely be awesome with some technology. That movie was seriously amazing.. Absolutely stunning. And the technology was great for its time. But it would rock today as well as long as they had the right actors. Acting is key.

------------------
I'm young, impulsive, and naïve; but I'm learning.

‎"Of all the illusions that beset mankind none is quite so curious as that tendency to suppose that we are mentally and morally superior to those who differ from us in opinion."
- Elbert Hubbard

Originally posted by ls3mach:

How's your butt hole? Have you had it clenched? I always clench mine for good luck. Also helps keep it firm. It used to get sore when I would do it for too long, but not so much anymore.

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

. Boonie's favorite movie, The Ten Commandments, could definitely be awesome with some technology. That movie was seriously amazing.. Absolutely stunning. And the technology was great for its time. But it would rock today as well as long as they had the right actors. Acting is key.

nnnnNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOO! Leave it alone! My grandmother would roll over in her grave!
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Dirty Dancing.

Lionsgate announced on Monday that "Dirty Dancing" is going to get a reboot -- songs from the 1960s would be added, and "Dancing" choreographer Kenny Ortega (who came up with the "dirty" dance itself) will direct.

It's a fun concept, but who can possibly fill Patrick Swayze's shoes as Johnny?

Shia Labeuf.
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Gridlock

2874 posts
Member since Apr 2002

Originally posted by tbone42:

Normally, I poo poo the idea of all remakes... but your idea has some merit. However, looking at your avatar, i know why you said that.

THAT would be awesome. I've always thought there was a dark side to Oz. Sorry grabbed the wrong quote...Tim Burton and Oz.

Unfortunately, it would be Depp as The wizard and his wife as the wicked witch I'd presume. It would be 3d of course.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Its not a movie, but I just seen theyre bringing back Charlies Angels as a tv series next month.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

Unfortunately, it would be Depp as The wizard and his wife as the wicked witch I'd presume. It would be 3d of course.

His wife, your probably right, but I would think Depp would play a character with more screen time, more likely the scarecrow.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Star Wars (ep 4, 5 and 6), because it is about time that George Lucas release yet another version of the originals. [/sarcasm]

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 08-11-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Just heard on the news that Jeff Daniels said Dumb and Dumber 2 is being written and Jim Carrey will be in it also.

Wouldnt that better be called 'Dumb and Dumberestest '
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
How about It's a mad mad mad mad world. Nothing can eclipse the original but the idea of 50 of todays funniest comedians and stars in a race to the finish for a suitcase full of money would be worth shelling out a few bucks to see
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock