Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  OJ - I mean Casey Anthony walks (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
OJ - I mean Casey Anthony walks by Spoon
Started on: 07-05-2011 02:27 PM
Replies: 130
Last post by: rogergarrison on 07-09-2011 08:24 PM
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
This really takes the cake. What do you think?

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
It's officially ok to kill your child now.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Plain and simple.....another killer walks away. And she didnt even need money to get away with it. I hope she has her 'bella vita' in some other country like Pakistan. Wonder how many new friend she can find in Florida.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Wow, the old adage of (s)he who lies first still works? She'll be back in jail/prison soon enough for something else.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Our system worked perfectly.
It was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty of murder.
She was found not guilty by her peers.

The system worked.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by carnut122:

She'll be back in jail/prison soon enough for something else.

And that is something I have always maintained.
There is some force that always brings them back full-circle.
Maybe not as severe, but it has them.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

The system worked.

It may not work as advertised, but it worked as for working perfectly, I dont think so, but its conjecture on my part. lol

OJ now has a golfing partner. lol
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
The prosecution put together a crappy case. The best piece of evidence that they had was the local police found chloroform in the car but that was contradicted by the FBI's lack of finding chloroform.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

The prosecution put together a crappy case. The best piece of evidence that they had was the local police found chloroform in the car but that was contradicted by the FBI's lack of finding chloroform.

Actually, both investigations found evidence of chloroform.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

The system worked.

The problem with said system that if evidence becomes available that proves that a party is guilty without any doubt at all, they can not be retried for the same crime - yet on the other hand, once convicted they can submit many appeals to: either get off scott free, or, reduced time spent behind bars. The door should go both ways IMHO.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

The system worked.

yup. many of us have already convinced ourselves based on media content on verdict.

so, the Q: is the media truth?

anyways - yes - I too think the little witch killed her baby/toddler. but - WTF do I know about it except what has been presented (with bias) by the media?

so, again - is "the media" truth? and - how about another aspect - wtf does any of this have to do with any one of us?
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
The sad part is a beautiful little girl is dead who was in the care of the mother. I have seen hundreds of cases where that a lone put the mother in prison. The victim is forgotten again, what a sad day!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
The result of this is now when you get caught doing any crime, just lie you azz off to everyone who will listen. Great lesson for all your kids too. Never ever tell the truth about a damn thing.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Actually, both investigations found evidence of chloroform.

http://www.examiner.com/peo...y-casey-anthony-case

One of the world’s foremost authorities on corpses and the odor they emit bolster the prosecutors case when he said, “the odor of chloroform was shockingly high.” However on Tuesday an FBI chemist said the levels of chloroform in Casey’s car, “were not noteworthy at all” and that the levels are the same strength that might be used in cleaning products.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
The result of this is now when you get caught doing any crime, just lie you azz off to everyone who will listen. Great lesson for all your kids too. Never ever tell the truth about a damn thing.

lol - nothing new there
that is already SOP for politics & management
a lesson anyone who wants to rise above must learn hard & early

"I do not recall"
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
But note: Neither one of them denied the existence of Cholorform.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
If someone in the jury had a reasonable doubt, it would have been a hung jury and retrial.

If the entire jury has a reasonable doubt based on evidence, thats "Not Guilty". Simple.

Since it wasn't a hung jury, then the 12 people who were actually in charge of this case (the jury) obviously saw and discussed a point that made them believe she was not a murderer. These are people the prosecutor agreed to let on the jury, so its not like they got 12 of the most bleeding hearts around.

How many people here were in that room, saw all the evidence, and heard the entire case by the prosecution and defense, saw all 3 months of trial, and every presented piece of evidence and discussed it at length (10 hours) to make a decision? None that I know of, and certainly if you were, then you voted not guilty. My sincerist hope is everyone who is so sure she is guilty without access to all the info and court time is NEVER on a jury where someone's life hangs in the balance.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 07-05-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

If someone in the jury had a reasonable doubt, it would have been a hung jury and retrial.

If the entire jury has a reasonable doubt based on evidence, thats "Not Guilty". Simple.

Since it wasn't a hung jury, then the 12 people who were actually in charge of this case (the jury) obviously saw and discussed a point that made them believe she was not a murderer. These are people the prosecutor agreed to let on the jury, so its not like they got 12 of the most bleeding hearts around.

How many people here were in that room, saw all the evidence, and heard the entire case by the prosecution and defense, saw all 3 months of trial, and every presented piece of evidence and discussed it at length (10 hours) to make a decision? None that I know of, and certainly if you were, then you voted not guilty. My sincerist hope is everyone who is so sure she is guilty without access to all the info and court time is NEVER on a jury where someone's life hangs in the balance.

You really do put it in perspective with the no-hung jury aspect of it. What do you personally believe?

Personally, I would have conisdered it a blessing to have the chance to adopt that little girl rather than have her die like that. She looks a lot like my own two and a half year old daughter.

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

But note: Neither one of them denied the existence of Cholorform.

The FBI said the chemicals found were the same level as found in cleaning products. Which technically you can argue that it was found. In practicality it is meaningless and apparently the jury agrees.

I'll bet I have the same level of chloroform in all of my cars, kitchen, garage and my bathrooms.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
You really do put it in perspective with the no-hung jury aspect of it. What do you personally believe?

I tell you what Todd, I won't make a decision because I know I dont have access to all the info... I think it would be a personal injustice to accuse someone or let someone off the hook unless I had access to every shred of evidence the jury looked at and the direction their discussions went. We may all be missing something they saw.

I dont WANT to be a fencerider, but I have to be due to lack of info we ALL have.. I am just not afraid to admit it. Thats why I am just going to have to trust the jury on this one, they saw every part of that case and ultimately not one of them thought there was enough evidence to declare guilt or it would have been hung. That speaks volumes to me. Is she ACTUALLY guilty? Maybe so.. but there is not enough proof, obviously, to condemn her for it.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 07-05-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

This really takes the cake. What do you think?

Spoon

Seriously, I think introducing "junk science" ruined the prosecution. Didn't they learn anything from the OJ trial?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-05-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

And to that, I say bravo.
I don't know how old you are, but you are wiser then some will ever be.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Well she lived with her parents for free (or mooched off friends) Even her car is registered to her parents. I hope they have enough guts to junk the car and take all her belongings to the dump. Let her leave with the clothes on her back. If I were the parents, she would never set foot thru the door again. Sadly this girl is so promiscuous she will get pregnant again and know what to do all over again...only even better. Whos going to give her any kind of job knowing how she lies. Shes going to have to live with someone...no way she can get anything on her own. To have any kind of life, she will have to change her looks, name and move far away and hope no one finds out who she is.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I dont WANT to be a fencerider, but I have to be due to lack of info we ALL have..

When I do that I am acussed of "not taking a stand".
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorta surprised that so many here are falling for the popular opinion. I thought we had more free-thinkers than this....

Do you guys really buy into the stuff the media spoon-feeds you? Or do you guys have some information that wasn't divulged to the jury of twelve people who sat listening to evidence for the entire course of the trial? I'm just wondering where the unanimous conclusion of her guilt is originating from?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

And to that, I say bravo.
I don't know how old you are, but you are wiser then some will ever be.

THAN!!!!!! not then...
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

I'm sorta surprised that so many here are falling for the popular opinion. I thought we had more free-thinkers than this....

Do you guys really buy into the stuff the media spoon-feeds you? Or do you guys have some information that wasn't divulged to the jury of twelve people who sat listening to evidence for the entire course of the trial? I'm just wondering where the unanimous conclusion of her guilt is originating from?

Just got off of fox19 cincinnati's website... there is a simple poll on whether you think guilty or not guilty. 7% said not guilty... what does 93% know that the jury doesn't?
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Seriously, I think introducing "junk science" ruined the prosecution. Didn't they learn anything from the OJ trial?

A lot of forensics is based on junk or questionable science. Here is a great article about it in Popular Mechanics:

http://www.popularmechanics...th/forensics/4325774

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if the DA is laughing today?
Think that played a part in their decision.
What a JERK.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I hate to say it, but I have agreed with Geraldo, that she likely had something to do with it, but it wasn't proven. That has been the bottom line with me.

To roger: the entire family is so disfunctional, they will probably be on a reality TV show eventually.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
There was not enough concrete evidence that she killed her daughter. Enough evidence that she lied about everything involving the disappearence of the child.

We will never know unless someone confesses. Strange that Casey's parent walked out when Casey was found not guilty of murder.
PFF
System Bot
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Well looks like they made up their mind.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/...casey-anthony-trial/

But like originally mentioned.. O.J. Walked as well.. Considering the average intelligence / rational thought today in the US I can see how those spoon fed CSI, Bones etc imagery could find "reasonable" doubt in their own minds.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
The media is having a field day with this-- Nancy Grace is "livid" crying out about "where is the justice" (CNN) even having a reporter go to a restraunt where the defense team is "having a party." THe restraunt has had to place a guard outside the door to keep the press/non customers away from the defense team.

CNN did not have the evidence, the Jury did.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post

Well said, tbone. this is the way our system works.

YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

We all have Bart Simpson to blame for the line "Nobody saw me do it, you can't prove a thing" - such thought works against our system of values - honesty, hard work, personal honor and respect for others.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

Considering the average intelligence / rational thought today in the US I can see how those spoon fed CSI, Bones etc imagery could find "reasonable" doubt in their own minds.

Except for everyone here, of coarse?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
THAN!!!!!! not then...

What is the point of this?
If you are trying to help me, I do not desire it.
And if you are pointing it out to others, that's just unnessisary.

YOU know it's wrong, isn't that enough?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-05-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
The parents walked out because they, better than anyone, knew she did it. She destroyed the family herself. She knew mom had her figured out and she accused dad and brother of molesting her. If any of them now side with her after the verdict, there MUCH dumber than I even thought.

Yes the general public was privy to far more information than the jury recieved. Byez fought tooth and nail to keep LOTS of evidence out and what he did keep out was obviously enough to get her off.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Like I said before...even if found not guilty, her life will never be the same. I wouldn't think there are many who believe she didn't do it.

I'll give her a year after her sure-to-follow book release before she's doing soft-core pron films.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

And that is something I have always maintained.
There is some force that always brings them back full-circle.
Maybe not as severe, but it has them.

I gotta agree with you there. Even OJ has paid many times over in the end.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

The system worked as it was supposed to, just because the media had already made a noose for her means nothing.

Brad
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock