Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Guitar players ! any of you have tips for a beginner ? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Guitar players ! any of you have tips for a beginner ? by Mike Gonzalez
Started on: 06-28-2011 10:19 AM
Replies: 67
Last post by: texasfiero on 02-05-2012 10:56 PM
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Hey, thanks for lookin !

I inhereted a couple of my Dad's guitars and I really want to learn to play. I have been trying for a couple weeks to learn some basic open chords following Gibsons "learn & Master Guitar" series. I am having trouble hitting the chords wwithout taking the time to place each finger, I can get them in the general area on the right strings, but i am muting othe strings untill i adjust. Does anyone haave aany tips that can help me out ?

I joined a couple Guitar forums, but PFF seemms to have the best answers on any subject most tthe time !

TIA
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Practice practice practice. I played for a long time and then quit for a year. I played last week and struggled to play sweet home Alabama . Its one of those things that you get good at over time. As far as muting strings goes I always played with Nylon strings as I thought they were easier to play with. Also try to use the tips of your fingers. I really wish I could give you all sorts of tips but I taught my self from youtube videos so I really dont know any awesome tips. Just keep at it and dont give up. Im sure others like FieroFetish and Doni and all them guys will have great advice. What are you playing?
billpapps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Its muscle memory for the most part.. Try C and F Starting with C chord then playing the F chord.. After you get so you can rotate the two . Add a G , D Or A
At that point C D G Should be able to play a simple song with rhythm >> you can find all chord online.. Good luck
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
I have a no name acoustic, but it is a decent one. (My Dad wouldn't buy junk, he knew his guitars) And I have a 76 Fender stratocaster plus amp and a bunch of pedals i dont know how to use ! If I can learn to play I will get his Martin, but I dont want to abuse it trying to learn.

C,G7,D, and A are the first ones i have been trying to learn, I have alot of trouble with A, getting 3 fingers in one fret is a pain !
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Good avice by the other two gentlemen - practice till it becomes muscle memory. Might take a few months, but It'll be worth it!

By then, you'll have built up yer callouses...

Good luck

and (more importantly)

have fun!
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

Hey, thanks for lookin !

I inhereted a couple of my Dad's guitars and I really want to learn to play. I have been trying for a couple weeks to learn some basic open chords following Gibsons "learn & Master Guitar" series. I am having trouble hitting the chords wwithout taking the time to place each finger, I can get them in the general area on the right strings, but i am muting othe strings untill i adjust. Does anyone haave aany tips that can help me out ?

I joined a couple Guitar forums, but PFF seemms to have the best answers on any subject most tthe time !

TIA

Hi Mike, and good for you.

The process as stated above is a matter of time and practice. There are some basics though that you really do need.

1. It is easier to learn on an electric than an acoustic. The reason is the action is usually much lighter.
2. Your finger tips need toughening. You can soak them in salt water a few minutes every day. After a while you'll be able to stick a pin in the end of your finger and not be bothered by it.
3. You need to develop left hand finger dexterity.

There are some guitar exercises that help with this. If you number your fingers 1 2 3 4, you should practice on each string consecutively, doing 1234, 1324, 1432, and whatever other combinations you can think of. You will be surprised at how hard it is to do, but, after a while it will be natural.

4. You need to know if you have a tin ear. The whole thing will be lost if you can't hear your notes properly. Use a tuner and tune it and then see if you can tune it close to the tuner's indicated note. You need to be able to hear your notes not only clearly but also truly. Lots of guys who have less than optimal tone recognition do well on Bass or Drums. Better to figure it out at first than to have your friends tell you that you stink.

5. You really do need to do scales. Down right boring for many guys, but absolutely necessary if you ever hope to play lead.

6. You need a chord book. Learn the chords. Learn all of them. Learn inside chords, full chords, partial chords, and bar chords. Learn your chords.

All this work is a bit dull and will not be like playing Stairway to Heaven, but necessary if you want to play Stairway to Heaven and do it in a respectable way.

Hope this helps. BTW I've been playing for 53 years

Arn
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

1. It is easier to learn on an electric than an acoustic. The reason is the action is usually much lighter.

I have to respectfully disagree with this point here. Is playing an electric easier? Yes, and for the reason Arns gave. Less action, easier to fret, etc.
BUT..
Do you really want to know how to play guitar? Then put down the electric and pick up the acoustic. Not only will there be no "effects" making you think you are better than you actually are, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, playing the acoustic has MORE action, is harder to fret. That makes your hands MUCH stronger over time. Play acoustic for a year, pick up an electric, and it will be like a hot knife through butter. Acoustics can just be picked up and played, electrics are a big pain to travel with, etc.

I believe, in my heart, that you will never learn the right way until you practice regularly on an acoustic. I had an electric guitar for 10 years.. never got good at it. When I turned 24, someone gave me an acoustic guitar, and I played the heck out of it for months. Finally picked my electric back up.. it was SO SMOOTH, so EASY... I recommend acoustic.. right now, get practicing!

You need these 3 chords: C, G, and D. With those, you can play "Every Rose has its Thorn", and once you get that, other songs in the same key become easier, then you add a few more chords like F, Am and Dm, and before you know it, you are playing "The night they drove old dixie down" and "House of the Rising Sun"... and then you are on your way, my friend. The easiest way to come down with your left hand and hit the right chord is:

As far as getting chords, Tuzi is correct. Practice! Find your hand position for whatever chord you want to play. Now, "bounce it" on the neck, strum, and pull off. Repeat. If you keep bouncing your hand onto the neck, it won't be long that your hand will naturally take the right position and come down in the right spot. When you get so you can bounce it 50 times in a row correctly, without LOOKING, then you are ready for the next chord. Start with C. It wont take long if you just sit down and resign yourself to an hour of practice.

billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I have to respectfully disagree with this point here. Is playing an electric easier? Yes, and for the reason Arns gave. Less action, easier to fret, etc.
BUT..
Do you really want to know how to play guitar? Then put down the electric and pick up the acoustic. Not only will there be no "effects" making you think you are better than you actually are, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, playing the acoustic has MORE action, is harder to fret. That makes your hands MUCH stronger over time. Play acoustic for a year, pick up an electric, and it will be like a hot knife through butter. Acoustics can just be picked up and played, electrics are a big pain to travel with, etc.

I believe, in my heart, that you will never learn the right way until you practice regularly on an acoustic. I had an electric guitar for 10 years.. never got good at it. When I turned 24, someone gave me an acoustic guitar, and I played the heck out of it for months. Finally picked my electric back up.. it was SO SMOOTH, so EASY... I recommend acoustic.. right now, get practicing!

You need these 3 chords: C, G, and D. With those, you can play "Every Rose has its Thorn", and once you get that, other songs in the same key become easier, then you add a few more chords like F, Am and Dm, and before you know it, you are playing "The night they drove old dixie down" and "House of the Rising Sun"... and then you are on your way, my friend. The easiest way to come down with your left hand and hit the right chord is:

As far as getting chords, Tuzi is correct. Practice! Find your hand position for whatever chord you want to play. Now, "bounce it" on the neck, strum, and pull off. Repeat. If you keep bouncing your hand onto the neck, it won't be long that your hand will naturally take the right position and come down in the right spot. When you get so you can bounce it 50 times in a row correctly, without LOOKING, then you are ready for the next chord. Start with C. It wont take long if you just sit down and resign yourself to an hour of practice.

"Every Rose has its Thorn" has a cadd9 Still a base G. But with out it , the song just don't sound right.. A nice song to work on would be Extreme - More Than Words.. It also drops into a cadd9. then a Am will set you up nice for a C.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by billpapps:

"Every Rose has its Thorn" has a cadd9 Still a base G. But with out it , the song just don't sound right.. A nice song to work on would be Extreme - More Than Words.. It also drops into a cadd9. then a Am will set you up nice for a C.

lol- enter the guitar nerd! Never claimed to be an expert, just pointing to the path I followed to some success. Is that Cadd9 the pinky on the high e string? If so, I'm always hammering on that anywho. Just how I was taught, to give the C chord a fuller sound. Gotta get that pinky in there.
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys ! You have already been more help then the guitar forums ! ............back to practice.............................
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Practice a lot, as was stated... One thing I can add is USE YOUR PINKIES!!! Seriously, use them. You have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, use all 10.
PFF
System Bot
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
(Cadd9) Making a 4 finger G .. (Not a using a open 2ed). By moving the Index and middle finger down 1 string.
That means Middle finger from the 6th string to the 5th on the 3th fret. Index from the 5th to the 4th on the 2ed fret.. Me a guitar nerd LOL that would be my step father.. I,m a Mendo , Bass and drum player..But I did sleep in some hotel last night tho.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar...as_its_thorn_crd.htm

[This message has been edited by billpapps (edited 06-28-2011).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of if you learn on an acoustic or an electric have the action adjusted as good as it can be.
I have seen many people get discouraged by a guitar that is hard to play because of the strings being too high.
I have been playing for years, but if I don`t like the action on a particular guitar I get no pleasure from playing it.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:
playing the acoustic has MORE action, is harder to fret. That makes your hands MUCH stronger over time. Play acoustic for a year, pick up an electric, and it will be like a hot knife through butter.

I have seen any number of students be held back using an acoustic to learn on. Very true it is harder on an acoustic, but this isn't the army. Harder isn't better. You need to develop technique. Right hand and left hand.

Get a proper book with a proper development built into the lessons. You need to learn first and second positions first. You need to learn the sharps keys first. Start with C, then G, then E, and then go to the first flat key, F. After that, your bar chords. You need to learn not just a chord, you need to learn the chords within the key signature.

Learning hammer-on technique doesn't help you a whole lot unless you are doing strength training. The strength will come as you do the exercises. Try shorter practice times at first. As often as you can manage. Try the finger exercises on a table top when you don't have your guitar. You don't have to "muscle up" Remember, the finger exercises, the scales and the chords. It is just a slow process.

Arn
Tomski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TomskiSend a Private Message to TomskiDirect Link to This Post

Hope this helps :P
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Practice.

Learn the notes of each string on each fret and why. Play scales until you can play them without thinking. I use to sit and play scales and watch TV. I couldn't even hear the guitar just feel the strings and play play play.

Once you do all of that then you need to get out and play with others. There is no "good" one man bands. Learning to play with others is where I failed, I damaged my ears when I was younger and paid for it.
I still sing but I sometimes have to have someone punch me when its time to come back in
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32851 posts
Member since Jan 2001
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
I dont think I understand scales yet Just ggoogled it and found this chart which confused me more ! http://www.i-love-guitar.co...ajor-patterns-7.html

I hope to be as talented as Stewie griffin one day ! All I can play now is the first few bars of Metallica - Nothing else Matters LMAO !
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-28-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Practice until your fingers bleed. Then practice more. Your fingers wont learn their way overnight, so don't get discouraged.

I do agree acoustic is better for strength building and technique, but if it takes an electric to make you want to practice, then its the better choice for you.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Hey, try this.
The thing I like about Batio`s playing is he doesn`t depend on a lot of shredding or hammering for everything.
He does a lot of single note picking, but FAST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwj8bNH0TE
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD thats exactly how I sound.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32851 posts
Member since Jan 2001
For 5 points what is that song at 2:00
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I don`t get 5 points.
The song sounds very familiar but I can`t think what it is.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Learn to barre a chord If you can play an´'E' chord using your 3rd, 4th and pinkie, with your index free, you can move up a fret at a time with the same fingers, but just bring down your index finger across the fret behind the other three....and you will have 12 different major chords. Now repeat, but with just the 4th and pinkie, backed up by the index finger as a barre, and you will then have 12 minor chords. THEN move the 3rd 4th and pinkie one string each towards the top 'E', and you will have another 12 minor chords (some repeating the other minors,so RECOGNISE them!!!)). As you play them, LEARN THEIR NAMES!!!.
One of the best songs to learn is 'House of the Rising Sun'. Play all the chords at the 'nut' end of the fretboard. You will learn arpeggio, finger control of the fretting hand, and stroke and timing with the strumming hand.
When you have learned all these chords, and the notes that comprise them, you will find a lot of starting points for scales and melody accompaniments relative to each chord.
Play each chord in arpeggio, and remember and therefore recognise the sound or 'pitch' of each note.
Then learn the relative major and minor scale for each chord.
DON'T worry about speed between changing and strumming chords. Your memory in your finger muscles will take time to learn the finger positions!!
Arn says to soak your fingertips in salt water. I used to use methylated spirits or vinegar
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 06-28-2011).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

For 5 points what is that song at 2:00

Its "pipeline." 5 Points, please.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I don`t get 5 points.
The song sounds very familiar but I can`t think what it is.

Pipe line
The ventures have several good guitar songs that you can pick up and play.
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Little progress, my fingers are starting to work together ! Anyone know of a site that shows how to learn and practice the basic scales ? I keep finding pictures of fret boars with dots everywhere, but no info on the order to play them in.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

Little progress, my fingers are starting to work together ! Anyone know of a site that shows how to learn and practice the basic scales ? I keep finding pictures of fret boars with dots everywhere, but no info on the order to play them in.

Youtube
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Here is a good free site for scales, etc. It's somewhat dedicated to blues.
http://12bar.de/soloscal.php

Lots of good information here. look over the menue in the blue field at the top of the page.

Scales are about intervals between notes,
Don't let the "multiple scale diagrams" scare you.
They are actually the same pattern moved up and down the fret board.

Listening is as important as physical practice. try to find a practice environment that doesn't have a lot of distractions, like a TV in the next room or other distracting noise.
Singing the note as you play is good, it gives another reference and trains the ear.

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 07-01-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
The basic scales are easy to work out for yourself!! Play the major chord, and work out which is the first note of the scale by ear And then try to play the eight notes of the scale from that starting point, remembering that the start and end notes are the same value, but just higher up the fretboard.. THAT way, you will never forget them, and you are not learning them ´`parrot fashion'' from a book. It is just like trying to learn poetry. If you read it 100 times it might stick...but if you write the words 10 times they WILL stick. This also teachs you the different positions of each note, and makes you more familiar with where to find them. Playing runs sounds different (fresher?) depending upon where you play each note on the fretboard. This will also prepare you for finding 'bridging' notes common between two scales...so when you play a lead or melody line, you can cover the chord changes far easier.
And instead of learning any scales 'from the book', learn how each scale (major, minor etc ) is structured, and you can find them by yourself. This also obviates constantly switching your eyes from book to fretboard.

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 07-01-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Don't bother learning to play the guitar. Get into excellent shape so you can wear spandex, learn to sing , then practice diving into the crowd. Make sure the front three rows are reserve seat tickets that go only to attractive women.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh YES!! The Punsman has it in one!!! except ensure the front three rows are filled with adoring friends
Nick
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:
. . . ensure the front three rows are filled with adoring friends
Nick

I have enough adoring friends. What I don't have is enough attractive women friends.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I "helped" out at a Saturday gig one time and it was the fist time I sang out at this place. We had lots of friends in the bar and there were several pretty girls as the place was right on the lake and they would just walk in off the boats.
I started singing and our friends started yelling for me, all of these girls started to join in. They got all worked up and started throwing "things" at the stage. My wife made me sit down.

Always let someone else warm up the crowd and leave the lubrication to the bartenders.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 07-01-2011).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32851 posts
Member since Jan 2001

I like his youtube videos, you can also check out his website for 3 days (I didnt do that)
http://www.guitarjamz.com/members/
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Will you accept some advice from a drummer instead?

Something someone said to me years ago...."LISTEN to everybody but PLAY like nobody." In short, be a sponge but develop your own style, carve your own path. There's likely something you can learn from any competent player. Remember, there are millions of musicians....but none of them are you....BUT you.

Just my .02....carry on.
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Remember, there are millions of musicians....but none of them are you....BUT you.

Yep, There are thirteen hundred and fifty two, just in Nashville.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Will you accept some advice from a drummer instead?

Never have, and I don't think I'm much worse off.

...."LISTEN to everybody but PLAY like nobody."

I've got that down!

There is always this famous advice given to John Lennon by his aunt Mimi: "The guitar's all very well, John, but you'll never make a living at it."

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 07-02-2011).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
What does it mean when there is drool coming out of one side of the drummers mouth? The stage is not level. Sorry old musician joke but it works for everyone on the stage.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock