Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What is up with RFT? Not trying to start a war... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What is up with RFT? Not trying to start a war... by thedrue
Started on: 06-01-2011 08:12 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 06-03-2011 05:48 AM
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
So maybe I'm just too new or something but there is this animosity between Real Fiero Tech and Pennocks and I am curious.

I am not trying to stir up any thing but I just thought Id get peoples take on what the deal is.

As far as I can see Shaun has a childish obsession with bashing V8Archie and anyone with a V8 in general. There are a few other members as well that think their opinion is the only thing that matters.

Honestly I do not care what others do with their car or the engine choices they make, I may not always agree but I try to stick to the principal that if I cannot say anything good I will not say anything at all. I respect Archie and think he does fantastic work, also the fact he has been doing it so long speaks volumes. I think V8's are a great engine choice and there is nothing like a V8 burble but I love the high power V6's and turbo 4's too. I am bummed that there are not as many manual transmission choices that can take the abuse however.

I guess I just am curious what the history is and where this bad blood comes from, It's pretty sad when they have a whole section dedicated to bashing us, Its titled "RFT vs. Teh World" (I did not misspell the...)

Anyway I really like it here and honestly have no real use for that kind of attitude, I think the total members is a true testament to forum quality...

Pennocks-20275
RFT-575
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
A war is what your going to get with this topic. But I'll put in my $.2

RFT is a place to go to kill brain cells. Its full of nothing but trolls idiots and rejects. A lot of people that get banned from here sometimes find there way there. It used to have a lot of good tech advice but i think the nuts have taken over the nut house over there for the most part with shwan as the stright jacket king.
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
That place still exists?
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Link?

If not it dont exist!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShadowHawk:

Link?

If not it dont exist!

Its realfierotech.com

As i said every time i see that site i feel dumber when i X out of it.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Link?

Links to that place are forbidden here (I think... or at least they should be), and for good reason.

Don't go to the dark side.

thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
I not interested in sending people there, I was just curious what the history was.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
What is up with RFT? Do a search for the dozens of other "what is up with RFT" threads that reside in the dark recesses of PFF.

I know you're new so no offense, I know you're just asking, but there is plenty to be found with the search function. And based on your own post, it seems you pretty much have it figured out.

In before trash can.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
WOOOW

went straight to the emo goth named section called "RTF vs Teh world"

HOW FEMININE is the word TEH

jeez , no homo but that Shaun guy is HIDEOUS and he is calling V8 archie fat?? wow, some people must be blind to photos of themselves

------------------

Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
from what i understand shauna got pissed off because he was denied a job so now he created a forum to bash on pennocks because he got banned and he created a kazillion youtube usernames to bash on everyone's fiero videos but mostly v8 videos. hes been bashing on my videos that are on mine and my friends channel since he found the videos of me driving around with an f430 and i dont even have a v8.
jacknight

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jacknightSend a Private Message to jacknightDirect Link to This Post
Shaun cut me off on I-95, He slowed down to about 50 and gave me the finger for no random reason. Guy is big prick.

http://realfierotech.com/ph...opic.php?f=4&t=17463
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
I'll give you an ULTRA_Neutral synopsis.

Guy named Shaun Hammet used to be on PFF. Got in lots of disagreements, trolled, and fought with his detractors. to the point of banishmnet. Repeatedly, IIRC.

Finally goes off and starts his own site "pennockssucks.com" to prove he's cooler. Eventually, changes it to real fiero tech. Many PFF regulars are on both sites. Some from each side would sooner crawl through broken glass covered in dog poo than go to the other site. Much bad feelings still exist, and get expressed, particularly over there, from what I gather.

A few good souls from here wound up over there, a number of banned members popped up there. Its kind of a shame becisue some of them have actual good info that we are now missing. Doesn't seem worth re-igniting the MASSIVE flame wars that used to go on here between Shaun and, well, pretty much everybody.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jacknight:

Shaun cut me off on I-95, He slowed down to about 50 and gave me the finger for no random reason. Guy is big prick.

http://realfierotech.com/ph...opic.php?f=4&t=17463

sounds like you ARE sheawn
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Spoke too soon.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 06-01-2011).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008

jeez , no homo but that Shaun guy is HIDEOUS and he is calling V8 archie fat?? wow, some people must be blind to photos of themselves

The picture is not of Shaun. If I remember right, it's actually rogergarrison on the forum here, a self-proclaimed ladies man.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
FYI he likes to be mentioned here, it just strokes his ego. Also the picture he uses in his avatar is me. He stole it off one of my facebook albums. I guess he really admires me and wants to be me because his own life and identity are so pitifull. Here is what he really looks like, it is self explanatory.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 06-01-2011).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

The picture is not of Shaun. If I remember right, it's actually rogergarrison on the forum here, a self-proclaimed ladies man.

Actually I believe that is a photo of Avengador1 on here. Shaun had issues with him too.
I belong to both forums....actually about 5 different Fiero forums and the main difference between RFT and here is that over at RFT, the members have already modded their cars and motors. They talk technical about improving power ratios and setting up different engine configurations and have already "been there, done that" as with this forum, most people are just learning about the Fiero in general. Basically, RFT is a say-all forum with no fear of getting banned. You voice your opinion, if someone doesn't agree you get into a fight, and then you simply move on when the tension dies down. I don't see any issues with it at all.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Roger, sounds like he has a hard on for you then since he has your photo to represent his name.

no matter what he looks like the guy is an obvious no life, no woman having loser.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
My name is John, in case you don't know.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
I was talking about Sheawn

Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
What the heck happened to jacknight?!?!?!!!!
PFF
System Bot
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
WAHAR HAR HAR^^^^^^

sorry John I was just appalled by the way that guy made a whole section on his website to hate on PFF.

And I still cant get over the fact he used the word TEH

that is sooooo JAP-POP , GOTH, EMO

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Im sure we will see him on that one dateline show soon enough. You guys know the one.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The less said about that forum the better.
Any forum that was created by members banned from here solely for the purpose of bashing this forum has no use to me.
They changed the name in an attempt to seem legitimate, like a washed up pr0n star trying to make the transition to B-movies.

If you want to go there, go. Leave whatever you find there over there. We don't need it here.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Wow, this thread blew up quickly... I missed everything...
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
You are not missing anything
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
^^ Yeah seeing that sad lonely abysmal place got me wondering who would join that site?

Buncha empty space if you ask me
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I belong to both forums....actually about 5 different Fiero forums and the main difference between RFT and here is that over at RFT, the members have already modded their cars and motors. They talk technical about improving power ratios and setting up different engine configurations and have already "been there, done that" as with this forum, most people are just learning about the Fiero in general. Basically, RFT is a say-all forum with no fear of getting banned. You voice your opinion, if someone doesn't agree you get into a fight, and then you simply move on when the tension dies down. I don't see any issues with it at all.

This.

Shaun didn't create the forum, Howard did. IMO, Howard was wrongfully banned from this forum over a dispute with a certain V-8 kit seller. Noobs can do a search.

Acient history. RFT has spurts of decent tech, but it's mostly a forum of fiero forum "old timers" that are friends. A lot of members have moved on from fieros all together, me included but still moderate over there because I know a lot of the guys.

Don't let 1 or 2 bad members ruin the forum for you. Just stay out of Shaun's section and it's not a bad place to read a few tech threads.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

This.

Shaun didn't create the forum, Howard did. IMO, Howard was wrongfully banned from this forum over a dispute with a certain V-8 kit seller. Noobs can do a search.

Acient history. RFT has spurts of decent tech, but it's mostly a forum of fiero forum "old timers" that are friends. A lot of members have moved on from fieros all together, me included but still moderate over there because I know a lot of the guys.

Don't let 1 or 2 bad members ruin the forum for you. Just stay out of Shaun's section and it's not a bad place to read a few tech threads.

I might be stating the obvious... but it seems kind of "unhealthy" if this guy Sean is still whacked out over all of this, after how many years? Maybe it's time to move on and pursue other goals?

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Maybe it's time to move on and pursue other goals?

My thoughts exactly, for all concerned. A question was asked, it was answered. Links were provided. Quit beating a dead horse. Move on with life. RFT or whatever it's called can do it's own thing, PFF can do it's. Let it go.

------------------
Ron

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
RFT just always reminded me of lord of the flies.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
RTF=Real Fiero Trolls
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

RTF=Real Fiero Trolls

Actually RTF is Radio Television Francaise. You must be thinking of RFT. Must be hard going senile.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

Originally posted by Formula88:

The less said about that forum the better.
Any forum that was created by members banned from here solely for the purpose of bashing this forum has no use to me.
They changed the name in an attempt to seem legitimate, like a washed up pr0n star trying to make the transition to B-movies.

If you want to go there, go. Leave whatever you find there over there. We don't need it here.

I guess you forget about registering on that forum.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I guess you forget about registering on that forum.

As usual, you're wrong. Yes, I registered. It was a waste of time.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 06-02-2011).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

As usual, you're wrong. Yes, I registered. I thought I'd give you and the rest of them a chance. It was a waste of time. Given the content of the forums and the "moderators" tendency to hack user accounts for their own amusement, I see no reason to return. But then, you know all about getting other people's passwords without their permission, don't you?

Nope. I wouldn't know how to hack a password if you gave me directions. That would have been Stuart Lowry, aka DIY STU. I have made some bad decisions in my life with what information was given me, but I never had access or opportunity to hack anyone's account. Good old Stu wanted Shun to have that information, I made it useless before shun got his eyes on it.

But keep pretending like you know what went on, drunky.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Nope. I wouldn't know how to hack a password if you gave me directions. That would have been Stuart Lowry, aka DIY STU. I have made some bad decisions in my life with what information was given me, but I never had access or opportunity to hack anyone's account. Good old Stu wanted Shun to have that information, I made it useless before shun got his eyes on it.

But keep pretending like you know what went on, drunky.

This is a great example of the type of "conversations" you'll find on RFT.
Notice I never suggestd Jeff "hacked" a password. But he did get access to it without the user's permission. I may not have been there, but Jeff's dirty laundry has been aired out on here many times before under his current screen name, or one of his banned names.

Maybe he'll get some more i-cred over there when he gets banned from here - again.

If you want to go to RFT, go, but leave the dirty laundry there. We don't need it here.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:
This.

yes, I find the Tech section of RFT to be much more technical - mostly due to a few fantastic contibuters. Will being the one doing the heavy lifting. but, like most others at RFT - Will's delivery is often taken as insulting by those with softer skins. He can barely post here on PFF without someone taking offense, even tho he is 100% correct, and the info invaluable. Tho, haven't looked on RFT in years, so, not even sure Will is still around, just assuming so......

everything else - bah - horsepoop.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

This is a great example of the type of "conversations" you'll find on RFT.
Notice I never suggestd Jeff "hacked" a password. But he did get access to it without the user's permission. I may not have been there, but Jeff's dirty laundry has been aired out on here many times before under his current screen name, or one of his banned names.

Maybe he'll get some more i-cred over there when he gets banned from here - again.

If you want to go to RFT, go, but leave the dirty laundry there. We don't need it here.

I have got all the cred I need. I don't even need to post there and I have haters like you clinging onto every bit of trivia about me over things that happened over 7 years ago. And you brought out the laundry, drunky.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

I have got all the cred I need. I don't even need to post there and I have haters like you clinging onto every bit of trivia about me over things that happened over 7 years ago. And you brought out the laundry, drunky.

I did edit my post in the interest on NOT escalating things. You weren't interested in that, gimpy.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock