DONT pump gas at CITGO by ShadowHawk
Started on: 05-30-2011 07:40 AM
Replies: 54
Last post by: JazzMan on 06-03-2011 12:42 PM
ShadowHawk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Your money is going to communists that fund Iran for nuclear war

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShadowHawk:

Your money is going to communists that fund Iran for nuclear war

Would it be safe to assume that you have proof to back this up, instead of rhetoric?

If not, gtfo with the
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Citgo owned by Venezuela, Hugo Chavez has been providing IRAN with supplies to arm themselves with Nuclear weapons.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Haven't pumped there for years. Same for Valero, but unfortunately I have to get gas somewhere, and who knows where it's all coming from. Certainly not the U.S. The money is going to someone bad somewhere.

Jim
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Citgo owned by Venezuela, Hugo Chavez has been providing IRAN with supplies to arm themselves with Nuclear weapons.

You're kidding, right?

So because Citgo is a Venezuelan company, and Venezuela happens to be run by Hugo Chavez, who happens to be a Communist, that makes Citgo a Communist company? And because they are a "Communist company", they apparently are supplying weapons to Iran for Nuclear war? How do you know they get all of their oil from Venezuela, and not, say, a little from here, a little from there, etc?

GTFO with the rhetoric Pretty broad statement, and quite the stretch...Your logic makes no sense.

Jimbo makes a great point, who the fark knows where the gas we buy comes from? But we still have to buy gas, so... Who farking cares?

And another note: The US gets a lot of its gasoline from Venezuela. Pilot Travel Center?? Yup, its Venezuelan gas. Let me guess, next you'll want us to boycott them as well

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 05-30-2011).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Haven't pumped there for years. Same for Valero, but unfortunately I have to get gas somewhere, and who knows where it's all coming from. Certainly not the U.S. The money is going to someone bad somewhere.

Jim

Bingo.. no matter where you go, some of it ends up in the middle east eventually.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Dude, you have no cause to tell anyone to "GTFO", that's not cool.

Brad
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Got some bad gas from them once and havent been back. Now I try to only buy at Racetrack. They usualy are the lowest or close to it.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Dude, you have no cause to tell anyone to "GTFO", that's not cool.

Brad

yeah and do some google research before you start dropping the "BS" bomb

[This message has been edited by ShadowHawk (edited 05-30-2011).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Christ on a cracker, its a damn figure of speech...

All I wanted to know was if you had facts to back up your broad statement. Read my last post again and pay attention. I've called it as I see it, clearly and concisely, using logic, yet I get no response back but some moronic picture about "Commies not being cool" and b*tching about not going to google and searching....

You posted the thread, you should provide the proof. I shouldn't have to go searching.

And where did I EVER say that Communism is a good thing?

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 05-30-2011).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Christ on a cracker, its a damn figure of speech...

All I wanted to know was if you had facts to back up your broad statement. Read my last post again and pay attention. I've called it as I see it, clearly and concisely, using logic, yet I get no response back but some moronic picture about "Commies not being cool" and b*tching about not going to google and searching....

You posted the thread, you should provide the proof. I shouldn't have to go searching.

And where did I EVER say that Communism is a good thing?

Well, just try to avoid the "GTFO" part, the rest didn't bother me, though to tell the truth. Us non-religious Crackers are now a little offended.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
How about "mohammad in molasses " then

Sorry, just had to.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
The link between CITGO and funding of the Hugo Chavez regime has been well established. It's old news. Venezuela used to be one of our South American friends and one of our staunchest allies in the region.

While CITGO staions are privately owned, and the profits go to the owners, they still pump money into Venezuela via franchise fees. Not all of the gas they pump is from Venezuela crude.

For myself, I haven't bought gas at a CITGO in years, neither do I buy beer or subs at the Subway at our local stations.

And personally, "Mohammed in molasses" is pretty funny, the "Christ on a cracker" remark is the same as taking the Lord's name in vain. Pretty offensive to many of us here.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Sorry, just had to.

Jim
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Well, just try to avoid the "GTFO" part, the rest didn't bother me, though to tell the truth. Us non-religious Crackers are now a little offended.

Brad

thank you, my thoughts exactly

a lil something called common sense.... or courtesy
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

...You posted the thread, you should provide the proof. I shouldn't have to go searching.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/085488.html
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
What is wrong with people avoiding CITGO?

People avoid Wal-Mart and liberals think that is great. But avoid getting gas at CITGO and you're labeled a crazy dude.

You shop were you want and take your dollars were you think is best for you.

ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

Jim

Actually Valero is an American owned company based out of San Antonio, Texas and thier refineries plants and offices based solely in North America (both the U.S.A. and Canada).

Shelby
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Actually Valero is an American owned company based out of San Antonio, Texas and thier refineries plants and offices based solely in North America (both the U.S.A. and Canada).

Shelby

Well, that is good to know. We have a couple of those around here.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

thank you, my thoughts exactly

a lil something called common sense.... or courtesy

Jebus, I'm a heathen, unclean bastahd and I'm going to hell for it. So sue me.

Raydar, I don't see where that link shows anything about Citgo funding Communists and nuclear war in Iran All I see is that we (re: our idiot government) tried (and failed miserably) to regulate the business of another country and impose sanctions on them, when it wasn't our (again, re: idiot government) place to do in the first place.

Witchita, I don't have an issue with someone choosing to boycott something, but when ya start telling others to do something (or start telling me), I expect to see some sort of evidence backing up your claims as to why I should do said thing. Hence why I responded the way I did in my first post. I agree entirely, shop where you think is best for you.

The idea behind my posts has been that the OP made a very broad, generalized statement, with no evidence to back it up. Hugo Chavez does NOT own Citgo AFAIK, therefore, the profits made by you buying gas at a Citgo are not going to "fund nuclear war in Iran". Which is what I was trying to convey, as well as (again) get some facts from the OP.

But apparently its too much to ask...I really don't know why I bother anymore these days...
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

What is wrong with people avoiding CITGO?

People avoid Wal-Mart and liberals think that is great. But avoid getting gas at CITGO and you're labeled a crazy dude.

You shop were you want and take your dollars were you think is best for you.

This.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Hugo Chavez does NOT own Citgo AFAIK,

That's not very far. Are you aware the all Venezuelan oil companies are nationalized? (apparently not)
Do you know what nationalized means? (apparently not)

http://www.usatoday.com/mon...tgo-cover-usat_x.htm

One of the USA's largest refiners, Citgo is a subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA). As such, it ultimately belongs to Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez,...
"The only difference between Citgo and other companies is that Citgo has only one shareholder," he said, referring to the Venezuelan president.
PDVSA — the acronym is pronounced Ped-a-vay-sa — first acquired 50% of Citgo in 1986. Four years later, the Venezuelans bought the remaining half of the company from Southland, better known for its ownership of the 7-Eleven convenience stores. The company's six refineries, with a capacity of 1.1 million barrels of oil a day, are ideally suited for Venezuela's sulfurous, heavy crude oil.

Throughout the 1990s, Venezuelan oil officials allowed the company's American managers enormous autonomy. "Citgo was an American company. We happened to own it," said Giusti, who headed PDVSA until Chávez took over. "We managed it at arm's length."

That changed under Chávez. In October 2000, the new president tightened control over Citgo by naming as company president a former army general, Oswaldo Contreras. He was the first Venezuelan to hold the position.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 05-30-2011).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
..Iraq oil should be flowing like the mighty Mississippi,,flooding,bursting USA oil refineries .
lots a profit for the Iraq need a bath rag heads,,but a lower price to off set our loss of military life & treasure
ship after Tanker ship ,, healing our wounds .

BUT NO!! we have to act Politically correct,,no possible stink of WAR for OIL..
throw in some Kuwait ,cheap billions of oil also
If i was in charge ,,nations would fear to anger us
nations would want our good will,,my military policies would bring great wealth,sure as always many would not like America ?? 20,000,000 Americans can not stand America now,hunt them down and extradite them to thier better place.

your ridiculous lib failed opinions have been noted
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Jebus, I'm a heathen, unclean bastahd and I'm going to hell for it. So sue me.

Jeez, you're crankier than usual this morning! Cat hair on the comforter again?
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Zeb

4847 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by uhlanstan:
your ridiculous lib failed opinions have been noted

HEY! I've failed ridiculous conservative opinions. How come THEY don't get noted?
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

HEY! I've failed ridiculous conservative opinions. How come THEY don't get noted?

LOL.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Sorry, just had to.

Well, dang it....now I'm offended!

Since everybody else's being so sensitive about sh!t...
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Jeez, you're crankier than usual this morning! Cat hair on the comforter again?

Try 3 days with very little to no sleep, coupled with the fact that I just decided (against my will) to quit smoking this morning.

And I wouldn't call it cranky just because I'm trying to use logic to get facts to back up a very broad and moronic generalization.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I got half a tank of Citgo gas (out of necessity) and my car ran like crap until I filled it up at a Shell a few hours later. I don't use that crap.

Also, everyone is wrong about everything so we can all just quit bitching.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I got half a tank of Citgo gas (out of necessity) and my car ran like crap until I filled it up at a Shell a few hours later. I don't use that crap.

Also, everyone is wrong about everything so we can all just quit bitching.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

If not, gtfo with the

What's up with the " " ?

Your logic makes no sense.

Actually, yours does not. Though you were not using any. No wonder.

And I wouldn't call it cranky just because I'm trying to use logic to get facts to back up a very broad and moronic generalization.

This is the second time you have come on here spouting and playing the logic card, . Some people. You suck at logic it seems.
We do not buy gas from Venezuela or anyone else. We buy oil. Now Citgo does have refineries here in the US and we can buy that gas, but why should we ? The money does indeed fund Chavez and his communist ideals, and also his hatred of the United States. Which certainly includes anything anti American, especially Iran. Iran does not need Venezuelan oil as it has plenty of it's own. Despite it's many gas shortages (it does not have refinery capacity ... yet it is hell bent on funding nuclear power, ).
You allude that Citgo is not a communist company. It is nationally, well government, owned. To be fair, so is Pemex, Mexico's government owned oil company. However, Pemex's revenue does not fund communist ideals, nor anti American agendas.

Jimbo makes a great point, who the fark knows where the gas we buy comes from? But we still have to buy gas, so... Who farking cares?

Who cares ? My my my.
It is not hard to figure out where the gas comes from. It is even easier to figure out where your money goes. Why send it to Hugo Oil ?
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Who cares ? My my my.
It is not hard to figure out where the gas comes from. It is even easier to figure out where your money goes. Why send it to Hugo Oil ?

Not worth a formal response.. You seem to miss my logic pattern and the premise of my posts EVERY time, so screw it.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

No response or did you just want to save it for posterity?
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Shelby

Ahh, somewhere I had heard it was Venezuelan. Noted, thanks.

Jim

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

And the "Christ on a cracker" remark is the same as taking the Lord's name in vain. Pretty offensive to many of us here.

How 'bout "Cheese~n~rice"?
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

No response or did you just want to save it for posterity?

I liked it, I agreed with your statement
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

Ahh, somewhere I had heard it was Venezuelan. Noted, thanks.

Jim

No problem. Thier stores used to be known as Diamond Shamrock but they decided to change it to the parent companies name.

Shelby
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Keep in mind that the Citgo stores themselves are locally owned franchises. It's the fuel franchise that's owned by Uncle Hugo.
Most gas stations are like that, only the parent company happens to be owned by a government instead of a corporation like Shell or Exxon.
86FieroSEv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroSEv6Send a Private Message to 86FieroSEv6Direct Link to This Post
The law of unintended consequence is always lurking. Has any boycott ever been effective to it's original goals?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Gas is fungible, which means every gallon that's produced is bought. Not pumping at CITGO is irrelevant, they'll still sell every gallon they make. Want to make a real difference? Stop buying gas. If a few percent of the regular purchasers of gas in this country were to reduce consumption using a variety of means such as carpooling, trip planning (combined errands, etc), and simply just drove less, the price of oil and therefor gas would drop like a stone. That drop is what makes companies take notice.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock