Started on: 05-05-2011 08:38 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: NEPTUNE on 12-13-2011 06:01 PM
NEPTUNE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
The title I typed:
Anyone watching the FOX "news" GOP Presidential debate tonight?

OK, I still have a little green left in my bar, so lets have a little fun, shall we?
Here's your chance to get a good look at the ones who WON'T be running for President in 2012.
Courtesy of FOX "news".
Mitt Romney, the apparent frontrunner, won't be there. No problem, after the public finds about Mittcare, and the Mormon thing, he may as well open a tea shop in Texas. His chances of success are better there than in the 2012 Presidential race.
Newt Gingrich, the intelligent but not so smart or moral or ethical former speaker, won't be there. No loss, he can't win anyway. Since the invention of radio, we have never elected a president with a soprano voice. Then there's that cheating on his wife while she was dying of cancer thing. Remember John Edwards? Newt did it first.
Tim Pawlenty :Who?
Ron Paul Oh! every progressive, liberal, Democrat, and and most Republicans know he hasn't a chance of being taken seriously by anyone but a small fringe group. But I'm glad that he's there.
Rick Santorum Just google Santorum. Sound Presidential?
And there are two also rans.

The only one who stands a snowballs chance in Hell of being taken seriously (IMO) is Mitt Romney, and he won't be there.

http://politicalticker.blog...g-names-take-a-pass/

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...presidential-debate/ :

The GOP field is still taking shape, with about a dozen Republicans considering a White House bid or taking initial steps toward full-fledged campaigns. Among the notable absences are Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich.

SO, since this is a right wing Republican/Tee Party dominated forum, who would you LIKE to see take off his (or her) shirt and join the fight?
Keep in mind, he (or she) will have to run against President Obama in the general election in November 2012.

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 05-06-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
The nominee will be Alvin Green!
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
You forgot the
NY Ticket: President Trump and VP Bernie Goetz!

Or How about Charlie Sheen? He could run for both Pres and VP...

WINNING!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 05-05-2011).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

SO, since this is a right wing Republican/Tee Party dominated forum, who would you LIKE to see take off his (or her) shirt and join the fight?

Since you aren't a Republican or tea party member that information is classified. You'll find out soon enough though.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Neptuna,

I doubt the ultimate GOP frontrunner will be anyone on your list. As a side note, I have never given you a - rating, and God knows you can piss me off unlike anyone else on earth.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Since you aren't a Republican or tea party member that information is classified. You'll find out soon enough though.

Actually, I AM registered as Republican.
I voted for Ron Paul in the last presidential primary election.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

NEPTUNE

10199 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by rpro:

Neptuna,

I doubt the ultimate GOP frontrunner will be anyone on your list. As a side note, I have never given you a - rating, and God knows you can piss me off unlike anyone else on earth.

Um, that's spelled: NEPTUNE.
I'm sure it was only a typo.

And that isn't MY list. Thats the FOX 'news' channels list of participants.
I didn't choose the list or the date.
I'll ask the question again: who do you think can beat Obama in 2012?

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 05-05-2011).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
How could you? We didn't give you the secret handshake.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Keep in mind, he (or she) will have to run against President Obama in the general election in November 2012.

As if its that hard to beat dear leader. (JOKE)
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Whenever there is a Dem caught in a personal scandal, Dems and libs say it doesn't matter.
I actually came into this thread interested to see what you think about it, Admiring that you would open-minded enough to watch the debate, and curious what you thought of it.
I am disappointed.
Your breakdown is all trivial, mostly personal and the Santorum comment is just disgusting. I certainly don't agree with his views on privacy, or sexuality, but that is such a stupid childish tactic to discredit someone.
If anyone wants to actually discuss the debate, I think the panel has been pretty tough on the participants. Ron Paul and what's-his-face from NM are the only ones appealing to me.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Before you get all giddy about Obama's recent poll vault because of the OBL thing, remember about this time in his first term Bush One had a 90% rating because of the first Gulf War.
But Clinton's statement, "It's about the economy Stupid" will ring true in 2012 just as it did then.
Soon OBL will be a fading memory, but the economy and job numbers will be the order of the day come Nov of 12.
Sure you saw the dismal jobs report that came out today, well only if you were watching FOX.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 05-05-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
SkinsFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkinsFanSend a Private Message to SkinsFanDirect Link to This Post
Palin 2012 Ftw ... from MILF to GILF to PILF
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

Before you get all giddy about Obama's recent poll vault because of the OBL thing, remember about this time in his first term Bush One had a 90% rating because of the first Gulf War.
But Clinton's statement, "It's about the economy Stupid" will ring true in 2012 just as it did then.
Soon OBL will be a fading memory, but the economy and job numbers will be the order of the day come Nov of 12.
Sure you saw the dismal jobs report that came out today, well only if you were watching FOX.

Trust me, I'm anything BUT giddy.

The unemployment rate for the Orlando metro area is 10.4 % vs the national average of 8.8% (still better than two years ago).
The Florida numbers will continue to get worse with the winding down of the space program, and the expected drops in corporate relocation due to the downward spiral of public education and other factors.
Soooo. back on topic, more or less, who do you see as the Republican standard bearer in 2012?
Is it one of tonights debaters, or someone else?
Why?

(thanks, Scottzilla)

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Look, the liberal loonies are already coming back out of the closet that they went to hide in. Why ? Cause they are scared. Why ? Cause we have a preliminary debate on a channel that they don't like. A debate which should be on any channel, just so voters can be informed.
Did this liberal loony take issue with any debatable point ? No. He took issue with that there was a debate and that it was on a channel that he does not watch ... he does not like ... he watched anyways.
Hehehehe ... heh,
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Yep, another Democrat that wants his party to win by lies and deception.

I can only see good things from this point.

Brad
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Well its over. For those of you who didn't watch any of it, or who relied on AP or Reuters for coverage,(FOX censored them) the winner was a surprise, I think:
Sean Hannity asked Frank Luntz's focus group what they thought about it and it became pretty obvious how unimpressive Pawlenty's performance was tonight. Hands down the vast majority of Fox News' focus group of South Carolina Republican voters chose Herman Cain as winner of the first GOP presidential debate.

So will Herman Cain be the standard bearer in 2012?

What say you?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:
As if its that hard to beat dear leader. (JOKE)

Is "messiah" "dear leaders" first or last name ?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35951 posts
Member since Jun 2003

... it became pretty obvious how unimpressive ....
What say you?

I say, ... insert the name of Nobama.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Yep, another Democrat that wants his party to win by lies and deception.

I can only see good things from this point.

Brad

I may be mistaken, but are you actually calling me a liar?
I can assure you that my statement is true.
Why the HATE, aren't we both Americans?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I may be mistaken, but are you actually calling me a liar?
I can assure you that my statement is true.
Why the HATE, aren't we both Americans?

So you regularly vote Republican? (for instance, you voted for McCain?)

And I can hate someone regardless of their nationality.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 05-06-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

What say you?

I need to learn more about him, but...maybe.

PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

So you regularly vote Republican? (for instance, you voted for McCain?)

And I can hate someone regardless of where they were born.

Brad

I've noticed that, you are quite accomplished at your hate, and have no problems wishing for the demise of literally millions of Americans. I didn't realize it was such a sense of pride for you.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I need to learn more about him, but...maybe.

Herman Cain seems to be a smart guy. He's a business man, and seems to be level headed. I don't think he has the following yet to win against President Obama, though it would take away the race card from the left.

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I've noticed that, you are quite accomplished at your hate, and have no problems wishing for the demise of literally millions of Americans. I didn't realize it was such a sense of pride for you.

Please explain Stimpy, how did you come to this conclusion.

I got time.

Brad
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

What say you?

We are a year and a political lifetime away from the election.
Didn't watch it as all of it will be long forgotten in a week.
At the time of the election if the economy is still in the toilet the folks will choose the one who they think will make it better, and that won't be the one in the house.
If it is only OK, they will vote for the one they want to listen to for the next for years, and by then he will sound like a worn out teleprompter.
So if the republican doesn't sound like fingernails on glass they are in.
If the economy is good, then he is back in, providing they forgive him for Obama Care and his worthless stimulus crap that didn't work.
But they will not give congress back to the dems.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

We are a year and a political lifetime away from the election.
Didn't watch it as all of it will be long forgotten in a week.
At the time of the election if the economy is still in the toilet the folks will choose the one who they think will make it better, and that won't be the one in the house.
If it is only OK, they will vote for the one they want to listen to for the next for years, and by then he will sound like a worn out teleprompter.
So if the republican doesn't sound like fingernails on glass they are in.
If the economy is good, then he is back in, providing they forgive him for Obama Care and his worthless stimulus crap that didn't work.
But they will not give congress back to the dems.

Very good point, on that note I have always found Herman Cain to be like listening to a father figure. He's a very good speaker, at least on the radio. I could not pick him out of a lineup.

Brad
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Democrat or Republican = different side of the same coin, there are plenty of other parties to vote for pick one and hope to God enough people are smart enough to send them both a message.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Democrat or Republican = different side of the same coin, there are plenty of other parties to vote for pick one and hope to God enough people are smart enough to send them both a message.

Unfortunately there are not enough yet to vote for that other party.

And until then, any vote that is given to that side is not just "thrown away", it also helps the President Obama's campaign (in this election). It sucks, I for one think that having a realistic third party to keep the other two in check would be great, but it's just not going to happen any time soon. Until it is viable we just have to select the "lessor of two evils)

Brad

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Trust me, I'm anything BUT giddy.

The unemployment rate for the Orlando metro area is 10.4 % vs the national average of 8.8% (still better than two years ago).
The Florida numbers will continue to get worse with the winding down of the space program, and the expected drops in corporate relocation due to the downward spiral of public education and other factors.
Soooo. back on topic, more or less, who do you see as the Republican standard bearer in 2012?
Is it one of tonights debaters, or someone else?
Why?

(thanks, Scottzilla)

Still better than Michigan. Unemployment in my area is close to 20%.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Neptune, in the light of you at least stating you want to be serious about this.

None of the above

Mitt Romney, the apparent frontrunner, (and he's a cookie cutter politician, doesn't resonate with the midwest)
Newt Gingrich, (Speaks well, but like you said, tarnished past)
Tim Pawlenty :Who? (exactly.. think John Edwards.. he's shiny and pretty.. at best a VP pick)
Ron Paul: Looks and acts a little crazy.. nice stalking horse to help drive debate and policy questions.
Rick Santorum: Kinda like TPaw.. not a bad guy, but probably a better VP pick.

BTW Trump.. not going to make it either.. I know the left is having fun beating up on him, but he's doing a bang up job of driving issues and putting O on the Def.
Yes he's a loose cannon, but the "R" party doesnt have to officially claim him.. (And with his relationship with the Rich's probably not going to) He's just an eccentric rich guy blowing money.

The candidates you should be worried about.. Not even on the table yet. If they're smart you won't hear much about them until around Dec/Jan.. Let all the "also ran" candidates beat the bushes and find out what plays and doesn't play.
Considering O is driving to have a Billion dollar re-election campaign who ever runs will have to run a focused and shorter campaign
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Just when I think I've got you figured out Neptune... you throw me a curve ball... you could be a secret agent with skills like this.

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

SO, since this is a right wing Republican/Tee Party dominated forum,

Wow, I never realized you polled all 20,000+ members of this forum for their political preference. Did you send everyone a PM to do so? You do realize sending everyone a PM is considered spamming?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

I wasn't going to comment, since I didn't see the debate, and don't much care about any of the people you listed.

However...
I think Herman Cain is one of the most intelligent, sensible, and "real" people I've heard speak in a long time, and think he would probably make a better president than any of the other candidates or wannabes.

The only problem is that I think he is not electable. I believe that it will be a long, long time until another black man is elected President. Obama has pretty much guaranteed that.

Trump is a bit of a loose canon, but no worse than Ross Perot was, and Perot was popular enough to split the Republican vote and insure that Clinton got re-elected.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I wasn't going to comment, since I didn't see the debate, and don't much care about any of the people you listed.

However...
I think Herman Cain is one of the most intelligent, sensible, and "real" people I've heard speak in a long time, and think he would probably make a better president than any of the other candidates or wannabes.

The only problem is that I think he is not electable. I believe that it will be a long, long time until another black man is elected President. Obama has pretty much guaranteed that.

Trump is a bit of a loose canon, but no worse than Ross Perot was, and Perot was popular enough to split the Republican vote and insure that Clinton got re-elected.

Do you know Alan West fairly well? He just so happens to be the rep for my district (I voted for him), FL-22. As far as I can see, he's basically the next Dwight Eisenhower... I would be thrilled to see him run as president with a Christy VP, or the other way around...

He's definitely electable. I suppose after seeing what he's seen in combat, he's not easily frazzled. He gets worked up, but NEVER shaken... it's like it's impossible to knock him off his game (so to speak). No matter what they throw at him, he has a response for it... and that's very much the same kind of quick response that made Reagan successful. He's not funny like Reagan, but shares much of the same kind of reactions that made Reagan successful, but that made Eisenhower quite popular as a president.

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Wow, I never realized you polled all 20,000+ members of this forum for their political preference. Did you send everyone a PM to do so? You do realize sending everyone a PM is considered spamming?

At least he got off of the Tea Bagger crap, so he apparently did ask about their sexual activities.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Neptune what happened to your "slow traffic keep right" signature, did you finally decide to merge into the right lane and quit blocking the passing lane?

Edit: I see you added it back.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-06-2011).]

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
My list of people and their chance of beating Obama in 2012 is as follows:

Caine = yes
West = yes
Daniels = yes
Pawlenty = yes
Trump = possibly
Romney = possibly
Huckabee = possibly
Gingrich = possibly
Johnson = no
Paul = no
Palin = no
Bachman = no
Santorum = no

Christi = clock cleaning if he were to run
Rubio = clock cleaning if he were to run

Originally posted by NEPTUNA:

Um, that's spelled: NEPTUNE.
I'm sure it was only a typo.

And that isn't MY list. Thats the FOX 'news' channels list of participants.
I didn't choose the list or the date.
I'll ask the question again: who do you think can beat Obama in 2012?

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Please explain Stimpy, how did you come to this conclusion.

I got time.

Brad

"90% of Californi (that is 30 million AMERICANS) is a joke and needs to go away."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/079216.html

Hope that didn't take too much of your time.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Caine = yes
West = yes

Yup, pretty much agree. Not sure about Rubio being a clock cleaner, definitely a good shot, but Christy would be a slam dunk, West would be very strong, and Cain might have a good shot.

I hate to bring race into the mix, but given that it seems to matter one way or the other to a lot of people, you got to figure that running a black person against a black person would cancel out the race aspect of the election. Even if they accuse the R's of "running (fill in the blank) only because he's black", maybe the focus would be off race and onto the issues, where it should be.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Caine = yes
West = yes
Daniels = yes
Pawlenty = yes
Trump = possibly
Romney = possibly
Huckabee = possibly
Gingrich = possibly
Johnson = no
Paul = no
Palin = no
Bachman = no
Santorum = no

I agree almost completely with your list, but I would put Newt as a NO. He's a smart man, and I agree with a lot of what he says, but by no means does he look presidential. If you look at our past, almost all of our presidents have been strong in appearance, or charisma... Gingrich has neither. He's a frail hunched older man, and is by no means charismatic. He might make a good VP... but that's about it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock