Started on: 05-03-2011 04:47 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 07-01-2011 03:53 PM
Gecko

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Great so my birthday OCT 21 the world will be destroyed by fire?

yes and it would probably be your fault for not blowing out all the candles.
IP: Logged
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gecko:

yes and it would probably be your fault for not blowing out all the candles.

Whats that cake made out of? Magnesium and hydrogen bombs? if so I want a slice, sounds delicious
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post
Just heard a helicopter fly over... And I thought, God?!
But, no
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Poll:

1. God is laughing

2. God is crying

(sorry, atheists can skip this poll, nothing to see here )
DeV8er

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeV8erSend a Private Message to DeV8erDirect Link to This Post
Oooh No, It's the alpaca-lips

http://www.roflzoo.com/funny-alpaca.html
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Poll:

1. God is laughing

2. God is crying

Neither. Just shaking his head.

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Poll:

1. God is laughing

2. God is crying

And agnostics just don't care either way
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by chriswf:

Just heard a helicopter fly over... And I thought, God?!
But, no

What does god need with a spaceship... err copter ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, no more false prediction for you!

Harold Camping Stroke
ALAMEDA -- Harold Camping, the Doomsday radio preacher who sparked international media attention by predicting the end of the world last month, has been hospitalized after suffering a stroke at his Alameda home Thursday night.

The 89-year-old radio evangelist and president of the Oakland nonprofit Family Radio was taken by ambulance from his house Thursday night, a neighbor said, but his well-known, gravelly voice that led many believers to donate millions of dollars to his cause may never be the same.

"He had a stroke, it was on his right side," said the neighbor, who declined to give her name but said she and her husband helped and comforted Camping's wife, Shirley, as the drama unfolded Thursday night.

Her husband spoke again with Shirley Camping on Friday. "His speech appears to be a little bit slurred but otherwise he's OK," the neighbor said. "(Shirley) said he was doing good "... and the only thing that's affected is his speech."

There was no answer at the door of the Camping home Saturday afternoon and all of the curtains and blinds were drawn. A GMC pickup with a Family Radio bumper sticker and a white Buick sat in the driveway.

Charles Menut -- the regional manager for Family Stations Inc., Family Radio's parent company, and the station manager and chief engineer for an affiliated station in West Orange, N.J. -- posted a Yahoo group message early Saturday morning reporting Camping's stroke to Family Radio supporters.

just pray for him and do not try to contact anyone at his home or Family Radio," Menut wrote. "He and Shirley have enough family members to handle the situation. I'm sure we'll be able to publicly update everyone on Monday."

Menut could not be reached at his home or office Saturday.

"We will be praying for Mr. Camping and his family," one supporter wrote in reply to Menut's posting. "The Lord has been so merciful to allow Mr. Camping to faithfully teach the scriptures for over 52 years. I'm sure Mr. Camping is thinking right now that he wants God to receive all the glory the for the ministry of Family Radio."

Camping gained notoriety in recent months as the calendar closed in on May 21, the Saturday on which the Doomsday prophet said Judgment Day would occur and true believers would be taken to heaven.

That attempted prophecy gained the world's attention primarily because Camping wanted it that way. Family Radio, an empire of more than 70 radio stations that was estimated to be worth $72 million in 2009, spent more than $100 million over the past seven years publicizing the Rapture. Billboards guaranteeing the end of the world were present throughout the world and some followers drove RVs all over the United States to alert people.

But Camping was mocked nationally by talk-show hosts and the subject of protests, both by believers and nonbelievers alike. Some Christians called Camping a false prophet, and the American Atheists paid $27,000 for five weeks of billboard space in San Francisco, denouncing the Rapture, along with hosting a party that May 21 weekend.

Camping said he took his wife to a hotel during the weekend of the predicted Rapture and that the phone in his Alameda home rang constantly and strangers knocked on his door. It was, he said, "a very difficult time for me."

When the world did not end, Camping told reporters that the world would instead end Oct. 21 and argued that despite no physical evidence to the contrary, his point of view was correct.

http://www.insidebayarea.co...-stories/ci_18255207
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I thought this happend a few weeks ago?
I am sure his failing prediction and the tons of people who were bamboozled by this religion coming after him are huge contributing factors
should really take que's from succesful religion hucksters, and just stick with vagueness & unprovable things
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Snip-it: Off the air and Camping took no salary in 2009 but loaned himself $175,516. Family Radio's board of directors approved the loan, whose purpose was not stated in the tax documents. Board members include Family Radio Secretary-Treasurer William Thornton and Camping's daughter, Susan Espinoza.

Have you ever wondered how TV evangelist and other pitchmen live "high on the hog" while the flock are poor.

Long story:

Doomsday herald Harold Camping's show goes off the air at the end of the month

The Christian radio station belonging to Harold Camping, who twice incorrectly predicted the world would end, plans to replace his weekday segment Open Forum with new programming after rebroadcasting the last show he recorded before suffering a stroke on June 9.

Family Radio on Hegenberger Road began playing repeats of Open Forum after a stroke hospitalized the 89-year-old Camping.

On Monday, staff again started airing 20 segments recorded by Camping from May 23 -- two days after he most recently predicted Judgment Day would arrive -- through June 9.

"When those are completed, we will have other programming that is scheduled to run in that time slot," Program Department Secretary Judi Rathbone wrote in an email.

"Mr. Camping," Rathbone also wrote, "is still in the hospital and continues to recover."

Camping, an Alameda resident, first predicted Judgment Day would descend in September 1994.

For his 2011 prediction, he invested in a billboard campaign declaring the second coming of Jesus Christ on May 21 and the end of the world on Oct. 21.

He used Open Forum and Family Radio to broadcast his prediction. Broadcasts are available nationwide and reach followers as far as sub-Saharan Africa.

The nationwide network, registered as a nonprofit organization with Camping as president, is worth an estimated $72 million, Fortune Magazine reported in May.

Nearly all of the money comes from donations, including
more than $18 million in 2009 -- up from $15 million the year before, IRS tax documents show.

The nonprofit organization received $81 million in donations since 2005, records show. More recent statements have not been filed.

Camping took no salary in 2009 but loaned himself $175,516. Family Radio's board of directors approved the loan, whose purpose was not stated in the tax documents. Board members include Family Radio Secretary-Treasurer William Thornton and Camping's daughter, Susan Espinoza.

http://www.insidebayarea.co...stories/ci_18331983?
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Everyone knows that Judgement day doesn't come until 2029...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock