Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anyone here ever train in a martial art? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone here ever train in a martial art? by RenegadeShadow
Started on: 04-25-2011 03:21 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: uhlanstan on 06-08-2011 02:36 AM
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Not possible, I'm too old for all that (okay Im only 26 but I do have a family now)

-Joe
IP: Logged
RenegadeShadow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
oh ok, I thought in the other thread you said you were working towards getting into MMA. Guess I misread
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Nope, Tae Kwon-do was many moons ago, I still study other martial arts, but not professionally its just a hobby.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Was taught to not brag since i was 5. 7 different art forms from the age of 5 till about 22. After my seefu passed away, shortly after i turned 22, i was invited to china to learn from his brother for a few months. After i got back to the states I stopped working out every day but, i still spar with friends from time to time. I taught a few woman's self defense classes from 23-25 and was arrested for what i taught when one of them had to use what they learned. Apparently some things are not allowed to be taught in a woman's defense class. So far I have taught a few people basic and somewhat advanced hand to hand combat for their own protection. I don't teach anymore. Doubt I'll teach my kids either. I'll be 32 next month and have no desire to teach anybody anymore. I've noticed a trend of the people i've taught becoming a little more cocky in their lifestyles. I don't want to be the cause for creating something i have no respect for.

"Without learning humility first, no man should be taught how to damage another person. Doing so will only breeds arrogance and loss of understanding to their fellow man." Seefu Yung R.I.P.

"Every form has a weakness. You learn many forms to close this weakness gap. Once you find the weakness in the form you are learning, you should start learning a form that has that weakness as a strength." Bruce Lee (this quote is quite long and probably more like 2 paragraphs but you get the idea.)

I encourage you to be open to changing your mind. The guy that taught me showed / trained me to be able to break joints and kill but, also showed me how take the person off balance so I could leave. My favorite fight I ever had was in San Leandro and lasted 3 seconds. The guy lunged at me with a knee forward, I used his knee to launch over him, grabbing his chin as I ended up behind him, walking him backwards until he gave the surrender signal.( This was a mutually agreed to competition. )

You say cocky but do you mean they would hurt others or, just not be afraid.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Poor choice of words. By cocky i meant to say arrogant. With an attitude of "i'm better then everybody" or "my sh*t don't stink". I noticed this trait in myself as well at one point. luckily i was able to get past it.

No matter how big and bad you are there is always somebody better.

On a side note. My favorite fight (if ya wanna call it that) Was one night in a bar going after a guy who hit his girlfriend. I gave him a chance to just leave but he decided i was smaller and fat so... Twice my size and solid bouncer type. under 4 seconds of combat time dropped, and crying for mommy. dumb a** swung at me. Personally i don't think i should have gotten involved in the first place but i wasn't going to watch some chick get beat and not do anything about it like the rest of the a-holes in the bar. I know the damage lasted for a few weeks. Nerves are a funny thing when pressure is applied to the right area. :/
RenegadeShadow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
Yeah that is one thing I HATE is seeing videos of people letting a guy hit a weak defensless woman and no one does a damn thing, not even try to tackle him so that others can join and help hold him down till cops arrive.

It boils my blood, another thing I cant stand are cat fights. If I ever see two women fighting I would immediatley break them up regardless of what the hell is going on. I cant stand female violence.

I worked valet one time at a really nice Ft. Laudi hotel and me and what I thought then was the only "tough guy" that worked there were just chatting outside the entrance of the hotel one night, when these two rich drunk young guys start arguing. A valet panicks and was like "call security" me and my "toughguy" co worker at the time both were calling it a bluff and telling the valet dont worry its all talk, next thing you know one of the drunks just judo throws the guy over his hip and the fight goes to the ground immediatlely. Me and my co worker both rush to break them up , mind you we were both a bit smaller than the two fighters and all we were was a valet and a bell boy.

Security guard was probably some retired cop anyways. We handled it quick and told the guys to get out of there before we call the police. Me and the bellboy diffused the whole situation before security and hotel manager even got there lol.

[This message has been edited by RenegadeShadow (edited 04-28-2011).]

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
I can kick so high now, Halfway down to a full split
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Your goal is about Jean-Claude Van Damme range. I could drop and punch out the legs or when grabbed from behind, kick the other guy in the face. Been there, done that! It was nice to have been there at least once. Put your feet on the table, how many push ups can you do? Get a stool and jump on it over and over, make sure you never land straight legged.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
80s Van Damme is my hero

I cant wait to be able to do a full split so I can kick way over my head

My shins are crazy hard and wide already so Im happy with that for now
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Don't mess!!! I am a double red stripe white belt!!!

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I cant tell you my whole history but I can tell you ive only had to lift one finger to take anyone down since then. Tasers are about $10 on ebay. You get extra points for using a pink one!
PFF
System Bot
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
I have seen a cop taze a guy and he went unphased , right in front of my face.

Unless its super high voltage they are not 100%

I like getting in close with a blade personally.

Guns are for home protection IN my opinion
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I trained in tai chi chuan for about 8 years. No, not the watered down "moving meditation" tai chi. Tai chi chuan translates to "supreme ultimate fists", and that's what I studied. We did form, which is what most people associate with tai chi, but it's much more than that. All postures in the form are defenses or attacks (or both).

I started training in tjimindie a little over a year ago. There are various bastardizations of the form around, one calling itself "tulen". But fortunately, what I'm learning is the true form as created by the originator, Willy Wetzel. Willy was a scary guy. He was of Dutch/Indonesian descent, and studied various arts throughout his lifetime. The short version of the story is, that he was an assassin for the Dutch during WWII, and developed this martial art for that purpose. He eventually found himself without a home, and ended up in the Pittsburgh area where he established his first school. He actually hated it here in the US for a lot of reasons. He wasn't what one would generally consider to be a "nice guy". He was really a pretty angry person. He thought his family was a bunch of money grubbers and resented most of his children, his wife, and ex-wife. In early 1975 He essentially went on a rampage presumably to kill his own family, (although the common story is that the fight was over a tax return, but that's debatable) but was instead killed by his son, who was his star student. It was a gruesome battle that lasted roughly 25 minutes, and involved swords, knives, and nunchuckas.

That's the art *I* study bitches.

BTW, anyone interested in the story, there's a (poorly) written book about it called "In self defense", which gives some history on Willy, and covers the fight (in graphic detail from court documents) and Roys trial for murder, and voluntary manslaughter.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 06-07-2011).]

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
^thats awesome, thanks for sharing

me personally I am trying to master Muay Thai to teach my kid since I missed my window of prime to be a pro fighter. Hopefully one of my kids will love Muay Thai as much as I do
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Trained in Sosuishiryu JuJutsu , Taiho-Jutsu, Mokokan, Aikido. 38 years off and on..

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 06-08-2011).]

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I carry 2.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
I''ve been thinking about getting into some kind of martial art. I'm only a little out of shape and young. Jujitsu is probably what I'll go for but first I am going to start running.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Yes I too am highly trained in marital arts!

I were a triple pink belt! She loves it! Hehe
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2011 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
I have been hurt really bad and can no longer fight ,really slow,old ,fat
I was an outlaw biker and have seen many fights ,
In the bar room or drunken party,a wrestler will have no chance against the boxer,because a man with any training or FLASH, will smash his face ,I use to have such a cute nose,my face hurts every day now,I lost a lot of fights ,my best move was sweeping your feet out from under you,push you back,,taught it in the Marine corps,a form of wrestling ,but the hard smash to the center of the face normally stops the grabber /wrestler,
2 good friends of mine got into a Knife fight,, Terrible Terry took BB out after wolf ticket,s ..BB was a martial artist, weight lifter had the bigger knife ,, 6'3" ...Mr. Terence was skinny 173rd airborne and a biker no fear bad azz,no one gave TT a chance,oooops very bloody,right accross the throat ,,ya never know TT got off ,self defence
edit= now im 69 I depend on whiney begging

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 06-08-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock