Started on: 04-15-2011 04:29 PM
Replies: 95
Last post by: cliffw on 06-30-2011 04:40 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
My mom was just rear ended by a tractor trailer. She's paralyzed from the waist down. She's in surgery right now I just drove home from college. Please pray.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Wow. This will change your whole family. Hopefully you will find the strength to find your way through this.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I'm not the praying type, but your mom will be in my thoughts. Hoping for the best.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
In my prayers...
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
....from my lips to His ears.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Idk whether to be sad with my family, strong for the kids, or happy she's alive. The accident was bad.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Holy hell... good vibes heading your way.

Keep us posted, okay?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Idk whether to be sad with my family, strong for the kids, or happy she's alive. The accident was bad.

Be strong for the kids. You'll have plenty of time for that other stuff when things have settled down.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all and thank you Patrick I will.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
BDub...horrendous....I'm so so sorry. It is too early to say if the paralysis is longterm or not, I suppose. I will send every possible best wishes and hopes that your Mom will recover to her normal self.

Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-15-2011).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Done.
PFF
System Bot
doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
I'm so sorry for your Mom and family Brennan. You are all in my prayers. Take care!

Doug
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
In my prayers as well.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts are with you and your mom.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
It's permanent.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thats rough.
hoping for the best from Us, be strong...

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 04-15-2011).]

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Terribly sorry, I'm sure you and your family will get through this together.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Done Dub. I've been through this. My Father in Law fell from a two story shed and was a quadraplegic. Things have dramatically changed, that's for sure. PM if you want to talk.

Jim
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

It's permanent.

Aw man, I'm so sorry to hear that.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

It's permanent.

I'm sorry. All of you will be in our prayers.

Tytehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TyteheadSend a Private Message to TyteheadDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about this tragic accident. Be strong for the kids and happy she is alive, as bad as it is it could have been worse it sounds. She will be needing your strength and support, and you will experience much sdness and anger. Try and get past that as fast as you can so she can draw from your strength and positivity. Not an easy task, I know, but try for your family. She , and you all, have a long road ahead of you. Make sure to grieve the loss she and you have suffered, you need to to heal properly, but don't let the grief sidetrack you or sap the strength your family has and needs at this time. You and your family will be in all our thoughts and prayers and may God watch over you, your mother and your family and give you all the strength and grace she will need to get through this difficult time.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Good vibes to all, especially your mom.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
As said before, be strong for the kids and happy she's alive. I'm very sorry to hear the crappy news. I wish you and your family well.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your mother. Prayers sent.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Wherever two agree in His name, His will shall be done. By His stripes she is healed. Can you agree with that?

Keep your faith strong, brother. Keep us posted so we can help.
sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
I will be keeping your Mom, you and your family in my prayers.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about your mother, I hope that they are wrong and that in time she will heal.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Holy hell thats no good. just in driving one in the parking lot you can really feel the power of thoes things and what they can do to a car and it makes me affraid to be in front of one now, prayers and good vibes your way. I hope shes gona be ok As said above. It is bad but it could have been worse. just be thankful shes still here. 9 times out of 10 its a sadder story.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-15-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Terrible news for anyone to hear. May God give you and your's strength and love enough to deal with this.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm home. It's been an emotional roller coaster of a day, but we made it through. Mom is still in the hospital. Dad just left home again to go see her and stay through the night. I'll be taking the siblings there tomorrow as soon as everyone is up.

She had surgery around 1:15PM today. Her 8th spine piece (whatever the term is) was completely gone. The doctor said he can't remember ever seeing a worse spine. The 9th and a couple others were also bad. So they put rods in, then placed other bone around the rods in hope that it will heal. The nerves are gone there and are basically not coming back. She has bruised lungs that are bleeding a bit but the doctor says they should heal.

That's my mom's van:
http://www.fox2now.com/news...0415,0,3473281.story

Love you all. Thank you for the support you have shown me through my friend dying last year and now. You are all amazing and I couldn't ask for a better community. I'm just happy she's alive right now. Everything else is just secondary noise.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:My mom was just rear ended by a tractor trailer. She's paralyzed from the waist down. She's in surgery right now I just drove home from college. Please pray.

Wow, this is exactly the story my friend had 25 years ago. He dropped out of collage to bring her back and forth to rehab. The said she would never walk also but, she is tough and will do what she pleases. She was in 1984 Special Edition Trans AM so, the better seats may have spared her some. She gets by very well for a old woman, any old woman. Do not give up hope, make sure she has means to get to rehab.

I will put this out, my friend never made it back to collage, changing the successful direction of his life. He does ok for himself but, not nearly what I expect he could have done.

PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Didn't notice this thread until now, so sorry to hear this Bdub. I hope your Mom does as well as can be expected and that your family are comforted at this time from your friends here and everywhere. Please keep us updated as you have time.

I'm not big on prayers but I know you are and I will be sure to say one for your Mom tonight.

Stay well and be strong for your family.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Praying hard dub. A very challenging situation, I have not been there myself so can't offer as much advice as I'd like to. Just hang in there, be there for your loved ones. Life will go on for all of you. The best news in all of this is your mother is still with us.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Positive vibes enroute to you & yours.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Our thoughts are with your family.

They told us Rachel would never walk again, it took her 6 months to get out of the wheel chair. She still cannot feel anything from the waist down. There is always a chance.

Brad
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Any updates?

Brad
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
my prayers thoughts and hope to your mom. keep us posted
Slayre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlayreSend a Private Message to SlayreDirect Link to This Post
Just read this. Saying a prayer right now.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Prayers sent!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. Thanks again for everything.

Seriously, and I'm not just saying this, the prayers mean more than I can express. Knowing that there are prayers coming from all around the world mean so much to us. I don't recall ever having a time where I really felt like group prayer had an impact, but it definitely does here. I love you all so much and thank you so much for all of this. It means the world.

Now to my mom:
She was on a breathing tube for her bruised and bleeding lungs, but they have healed pretty quickly and they were able to take out the tubes today so she could breath on her own. She really liked that. She was writing messages to us and it was a big relief to be able to talk. She's still in pain of course--the broken ribs are gonna take awhile--but she seems pretty positive about it all. The rehabilitation lady was talking to my dad and said a few words at the end that surprised us. She said "and get her back on her feet." Of course, we will not hold anyone to this or hold any false hopes, but we are praying that she'll be able to eventually.

Regardless of if we receive a miracle or not, we know God is in control and that it is through His power that we are all staying strong. We are all happy that she is alive and fairly well, all things considered. We just know there will be quite the change when everything starts to settle down again. I am prepared to serve my mom however I can and make this transition as easy as possible, but I know it's important to not make her feel worthless. She is a very strong woman, and is an amazing mother. I know that if anything, her drive to support us will carry her on to do remarkable things (recognize I'm not saying she should feel the need to provide for us, I just know my mother WILL feel this way no matter what we do/say).

We have a close paraplegic friend who will be able to help us transition. Also, I've talked to a close friend of mine whose wife is an injury attorney. We aren't looking for a huge settlement, we just know that in order to help my mom feel comfortable and let her do all the things she used to do we will need more resources, and insurance companies aren't willing to give out a lot without some representation. I haven't brought it up to anyone else yet because I don't think it's appropriate yet, but I just thought it was important to get in touch with someone so we don't lose track in the chaos still to come.

I've been helping keep the house in order as if my mom was here, which is really helping my dad I think. My brother is hanging with friends a lot, which helps him. One sister has a huge support group of friends that she's venting to, as well as us. My youngest sister doesn't quite understand the severity of it all, but she's happy everything is going to be okay and that Mom is still here. My dad was hurting, but I knew he needed some time away from all of us kids so we didn't go with him last night to the hospital. I think he got out all of his personal angst then, though I'm sure there will be more heartache to come and I'll be there for him. He seemed really happy today after my mom started talking. He knows we are going to be okay and is prepared.

Thanks for everything again.

- Brennan

------------------

I'm young, impulsive, and naïve; but I'm learning.

‎"Of all the illusions that beset mankind none is quite so curious as that tendency to suppose that we are mentally and morally superior to those who differ from us in opinion."
- Elbert Hubbard

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock