Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Going to see Charlie Sheen tonight in Detroit. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Going to see Charlie Sheen tonight in Detroit. by spud321x
Started on: 04-02-2011 03:22 PM
Replies: 63
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-09-2011 08:06 AM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Sheen May Return For 'Make-Up' Detroit Show

POSTED: Tuesday, April 5, 2011
DETROIT -- According to reports, Charlie Sheen may return for another show in Detroit.

The actor could return for a "make-up" show in Detroit, where he was met by a disapproving crowd this past weekend at the Fox Theater.

"I know that what (Detroit) got, they deserved better," said Sheen's tour manager in a report.

His manager said Sheen may return to Detroit to do the "real show."

Nothing has been finalized.

Thanks but no thanks.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Sheen May Return For 'Make-Up' Detroit Show

Thanks but no thanks.

No problem--he already got their money.

Chicago and Cleveland seemed to have thought better of him--from the little I read.

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I think hes in Columbus tonite. woohoo. Think Ill watch Nancy Grace instead. Shes almost as annoying, but I like watching real life crime stuff.
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post
I hope he does come back. It would be nice to see his full show. Maybe the douche bags will stay home this time.

Nick
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
You mean the only douchebags will be the ones on stage?
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

You mean the only douchebags will be the ones on stage?

No. I don't think Charlie or any of his crew are douche bags. I believe the people that made the show horrible are douche bags (which in Detroits case, was most of the crowd).
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
To each their own. I'm sure those folks who booed him for insulting their hometown didn't think they were douchebags either.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Hes the biggest douchebag on the planet....but he needs the money. He spends all he makes on drugs, alcohol and hookers.

Heres his car for sale if anyone loves him enough....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item1c1aa02c86
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
LOL I love the toolkit. I'm sure a few wrenches and screwdrivers are going to get you going when your 6-figure car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Here in the Netherlands, we don't get much Charlie Sheen news (since we mostly care for, well, real news) so why do so many people think he's such a douche? Serious question.

I mean, he's not the first to be (ab)using drugs, he's not the first to behave bad/weird, he's not the first to think he's the center of the world. Heck, he isn't even the first combining all these things. So what makes him so special? Personally, I think he's hilarious. Even now I don't see the harm in what he's doing. But like I said, we don't get much Sheen news so maybe I'm missing the part where he has been abusing his kids, wife, parents, neighbors, dog or where has has killed people, or conned elderly people out of their hard earned money.

Again, this is a serious question. What makes him a bigger douche than others?
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I'm pretty sure, and I might be mistaken, but I'd say its how the media portrays him. If they want their sheeple audience to think he's a huge douche, then they will. Simple as that.

And as more people dislike what he is doing, more buzz is created about him ($$$ for him in his eyes), the more he acts like a crazy douche to keep up the hype. Most celebrities that care about money care more about their personal image than Mr. Sheen, but he doesn't give a %^&* about anything, as long as he's making money, that's why he's went to crazier lengths to act like a douche.

In my opinion, go for it Charlie, no harm to me. Heck, if I got offered a cheap seat way in the back at one of his shows, I'd go. Mostly just to laugh at the people that paid money to get their panties all in a twist over him.
PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Even if I were to concede that Sheen is some mastermind and not really a deranged person, he is still participating in making cash on the worst about human beings.
Reasons I don't like him is that he is an arrogant, selfish, person who has beaten his wife(wives?) Put dozens of people out of work because he can't keep his mouth shut, etc.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
The whole "train wreck/drugs" thing is just a publicity stunt. Some times the media idiots over there in LA will spread these drug rumors about their client, and their client will release some stupid drug video or do something super cracked out and crazy.

I think the dude is pretty cool, and his "change it up" and new money making plan is working out quite well it seems. I mean, if you HAD the ability to do a weird ass tour across the country putting on huge shows about you being crazy... why not invent the situation, then run around the country "covering your ass".

Sounds like a riot of a time if you ask me
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
He really is a mastermind, he started his plan way back on Christmas day 2009. He was so committed to this plan that he pleaded not guilty to menacing, criminal mischief, and assault. Sure it was a gamble to give up 3mil a week for the fortunes he could make on a one time tour and tshirt sales. It just shows what a true genius he really is.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Here in the Netherlands, we don't get much Charlie Sheen news (since we mostly care for, well, real news) so why do so many people think he's such a douche? Serious question.

In my case, its not that I think he's a bigger douche, or even that I really dislike him all that much. Its just that I've never really understood why actors get worshipped. I mean, the ones that are out there doing good works with their time and celebrity, that I can understand, but the douches (big or little douche, either way) WHY are they worshipped?! That's all I was trying to ask earlier when faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaq got all hurt.
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

I mean, he's not the first to be (ab)using drugs, he's not the first to behave bad/weird, he's not the first to think he's the center of the world. Heck, he isn't even the first combining all these things. So what makes him so special? Personally, I think he's hilarious. Even now I don't see the harm in what he's doing. But like I said, we don't get much Sheen news so maybe I'm missing the part where he has been abusing his kids, wife, parents, neighbors, dog or where has has killed people, or conned elderly people out of their hard earned money.

Cliff hit the nail on the head. Charlie is no different than the usual celebrity gone off track. He does/did drugs, got his car stolen twice, screwed a hooker or two, and beat up his ex wife (who wouldn't wanna smack around a money hungry whore anyway?). Everyone just hates him more because he had the idea of taking his media publicity, and running with it, instead of hiding like most people do. Nation wide tour? Why the hell not!? More money in his pocket, and entertainment for his fans. Wheres the negative in that?

Nick
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Are all women who date wealthy men "money grubbing whores"? Would you share that sentiment with your mother?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Sheen torpedoed show, not Detroit
Actor's wonky tour debut invited horrible response
Susan Whitall / The Detroit News

Poor old Detroit. For years we've endured the jibes of comedians, we suffer through the Detroit Lions, and now, as the Charlie Sheen circus rolls across the country, we get to hear about audiences in neighboring Rustbelt cities yelling "F--- Detroit!" or "Detroit sucks!" before the aging Hollywood pretty boy even takes the stage.

In the afterglow of the Super Bowl Chrysler/Eminem commercial, it appeared that Detroit-bashing was being replaced by testaments to our grit and endurance. Then came Sheen, riding a wave of tabloid publicity after his winter-long, post-rehab meltdown and firing from his hit CBS show "Two and a Half Men."

Sheen was the one who put on a rambling, ill-conceived show in Detroit last Saturday, let hecklers distract him and ultimately derail the performance, leading to deservedly horrendous reviews of his "Violent Torpedo of Truth."

But who's to blame? Oh, right … Detroit.

At least journalists are a little harder to manipulate than Sheen's post-Detroit audiences. In Chicago on Sunday night, the show started with a chant of "Detroit sucks." Then Sheen advised the Windy City audience, "Let's show Detroit how it's (expletive) done."

"Charlie: the problem ain't Detroit," tweeted Richard Roeper of the Chicago Sun-Times from his seat in the Chicago Theater.

In his full-length review, Roeper wrote: "That almost nobody walked out is either a testament to the patience of Chicago audiences or the fact that folks figured they'd already paid, so why not stick around to see if anything interesting will happen?"

In Cleveland, the audience also warmed up with a chant of "Detroit sucks." By the time Sheen's sideshow got to Columbus on Wednesday night, the Detroit-bashing had lost some of its zing. There were no chants, but according to Columbus air personality Misty Jordan of Power 107.5, when a fellow wearing a "Detroit" jacket walked to the front of the theater, the crowd booed him.

The actor's complaints about the mean Detroit audience resonated with some. Comedian Chris Rock commented on "Good Morning America" that he felt for Sheen, that he, too, had been booed in Detroit.

The Twitter account of "Sue Sylvester," the character Jane Lynch portrays on "Glee," even got into the act. "Don't worry @charliesheen, I got booed in Detroit, too," she tweeted. "Did you refer to them as 'the ugliest city in Southern Canada'? They hate that."

It was a particularly low blow when, in a tweet, Sheen dubbed Chicago "the new Rock City," co-opting our nickname, "Detroit Rock City."

Is that all you got, Charlie? What made Detroit rock audiences famous wasn't that they cheered anything. It was that they were tough critics, but very loyal once they loved you.

As music business attorney Bob Lefsetz noted in his weekly "Lefsetz Letter" online, it was a mistake to premier the show in Detroit. Gail Parenteau, who worked as a promoter in Detroit in the '70s and '80s, agrees. "He should have gone to Sausalito," Parenteau says. "Charlie, some people learn to swim in a pool. Starting a tour in Detroit is like learning to swim by being thrown in the rapids."

Meanwhile, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing won't rise to the bait of the Detroit-bashing from Sheen or his audience.

"Charlie Sheen is not on the mayor's mind or agenda," said the mayor's spokeswoman Karen Dumans. "Given the inquiries about (Sheen's) Detroit comments, we can only assume that this is yet another publicity-generating tactic, which unfortunately seems to be working."

As if our post-April Fool's Day experience wasn't enough, Sheen producer Joey Scoleri hinted that a makeup date in Detroit might be on Sheen's agenda. There are some who would welcome that.

Dave LaVoie of Wyandotte was at the Fox Theatre last Saturday for the Sheen throwdown, and he'd go back for more.

"If he would offer the ticketholders reduced entry, I would definitely go back," LaVoie said. "The whole atmosphere outside, there was a lot of fun going on. I was a little disappointed with the heckling. I did think we could have treated him better. But I was disappointed that he stormed out."

Asked if Sheen and Detroit would have a rematch, the actor's cryptic publicist Larry Solters would only say, "Rumors abound."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/...etroit#ixzz1IwUaF8nO
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Why is Denise Richards a whore or money grubbing. She has as much if not more than Sheen in the first place. Shes got his kids, there under 18 so he SHOULD be paying for them. They should get enough to live the same as they would if they were still married. Denise Im sure, isnt even worried about anything for herself.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Sheen torpedoed show, not Detroit
Actor's wonky tour debut invited horrible response
Susan Whitall / The Detroit News
"If he would offer the ticketholders reduced entry, I would definitely go back," LaVoie said. "

News: http://detnews.com/article/...etroit#ixzz1IwUaF8nO

Yep, that's where I'd get my news--from an unbiased source.

Maybe the feds will step in and offer Detroiters a little discount on any return engagement by Sheen, since they apparently want reduced ticket prices. Once ya start down that slippery slope, people begin to feel entitled.......they can call it Cash For Comedians.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yep, that's where I'd get my news--from an unbiased source.

Just another person's opinion. It's enlightening to get viewpoints from various sources even when you don't agree with them when it's not repetitive boorish comments.
PFF
System Bot
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Why is Denise Richards a whore or money grubbing....

Ask Charlie Sheen. I'll bet he'll give you a million reasons. :P
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Ya or I could ask his 3 other ex wives. All money grubbing whores right? Including his high school sweetheart? Oh and we should ask his one time fiancee Kelly Preston who he "accidentally" shot in the arm.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I agree, all his wives or girlfriends end up shot, stabbed or beaten. I have more respect for the ground hog living under my house. The only thing hes really good at is abusing women....his show highlighted that. Its always an easy job to 'act' like your really are in real life. I know lots of people think hes hilarious, but I dont find him even remotely funny except in his absurd rantings. The only movies I liked he was in were the Hot Shot ones....and those are because Im into airplanes, not Sheen. Again, Ill empasize I DONT find him funny at all.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-09-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock