Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Glenn Beck to be canned in December? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Glenn Beck to be canned in December? by ryan.hess
Started on: 03-07-2011 03:47 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: Scottzilla79 on 04-07-2011 08:51 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Not politics, but marked it anyway.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/w.../glenn-beck-fox-news

I used to watch Beck, and then he went off the deep end around the time Obama came to office. Follow the money trail: Obama...Shell Oil...Nazi Germany...Hitler.

... others point to Beck's sagging viewing figures - especially his loss of a million viewers for his daily one-hour show in the past year - from an average of 2.9 million in January 2010 to 1.8 million in January 2011 - as more to the point, with Beck's increasingly paranoid stylings said to be driving away more moderate viewers and high profile advertisers.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What a moron. Two weeks ago Beck apologized for his stupid remarks made. Beck and Sheen should get together and make a movie, "How to screw-up while making millions."
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I used to watch Beck, and then he went off the deep end around the time Obama came to office. Follow the money trail: Obama...Shell Oil...Nazi Germany...Hitler.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of Beck... really, I just don't.

I used to like the guy early on, and I think he's made a LOT of really excellent points... he really has. I think he has had a very major impact on the Tea Party movement and allowed us to look back at our history, our founding fathers, etc...

But I've kind of felt "distanced" from his show since, at least for a while there, he's kind of become overly religious in his talk about government. Not that I am not also a devout Christian, and not that I don't also believe in God... but he seemed (at one point) to really talk about it heavily.

I haven't really followed his show a whole lot in the past year or so.

I still like the guy, and I think he's smart, but I know he was starting to get a little weird at times. I'd be very surprised if Fox kicks him off the air though. Fox makes no bones about what they do. If people want to watch him, they'll watch him. Fox doesn't pretend (like MSNBC does) that Glenn isn't a Conservative. Glenn Beck is a Conservative show host, and they openly admit that, and that's what people want, so that's what they'll give him.

I'd be very surprised if they gave him the boot.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Thought I would share this...

Beck was in our town about two months ago doing his show out at the local theatre. Afterward, he and his people were meandering around town, checking out the local shhops, gov't building,etc. I was driving home from work... and while approaching a light.. there he was. Walking with a woman and a few guys behind him across the street going from some businesses to the courthouse, maybe to see the display that honors veterans of all American wars and conflicts. Thats the way he was heading. I had the green light. He had the "Stop Hand"

There he was... jaywalking. Of course, I slowed down and let him and his group through.. but ya know, he was breaking the law. I laughed about it for a good 10 minutes the rest of the trip home. Wish I had a cameraphone so I could have taken a picture.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 03-07-2011).]

atarian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atarianClick Here to visit atarian's HomePageSend a Private Message to atarianDirect Link to This Post
"I'm Mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore!!!"
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Thought I would share this...

Beck was in our town about two months ago doing his show out at the local theatre. Afterward, he and his people were meandering around town, checking out the local shhops, gov't building,etc. I was driving home from work... and while approaching a light.. there he was. Walking with a woman and a few guys behind him across the street going from some businesses to the courthouse, maybe to see the display that honors veterans of all American wars and conflicts. Thats the way he was heading. I had the green light. He had the "Stop Hand"

There he was... jaywalking. Of course, I slowed down and let him and his group through.. but ya know, he was breaking the law. I laughed about it for a good 10 minutes the rest of the trip home. Wish I had a cameraphone so I could have taken a picture.

You should have just shot him, that would teach him!!

You laughed at him for breaking a law, but Illegals are just "misunderstood"

Brad
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

You should have just shot him, that would teach him!!

Nor was I carrying a gun. Dang, I need to be more prepared. Naw, I'm not that kind of guy. It would have been vehicular manslaughter or nothing at all. Plausible deniability, plausible deniability. Actually, I don't give Glenn too much thought one way or the other... not really into him for some of his more tempestuous rants, but I am sure he has some good interests at heart as well.

You laughed at him for breaking a law, but Illegals are just "misunderstood"

Brad

I say send 'em back where they came from, I understand them just fine. If they are not willing to pay attention to the laws governing becoming a citizen, then they likely won't care about other laws and obey them either. Where'd you get that from?

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Why did they wait so long to get rid of this particular embarrassment?
Oh yeah. Millions of dollars from the faithful buys a lot of 'looking the other way.'
Beck cant even find Egypt on a map with a staff of "fact" checkers to help him.

Or MAYBE, like Huckabee, he'll be leaving FOX 'news' so that he can run for President......

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 03-08-2011).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Why did they wait so long to get rid of this particular embarrassment?
Oh yeah. Millions of dollars from the faithful buys a lot of 'looking the other way.'

Or MAYBE, like Huckabee, he'll be leaving FOX 'news' so that he can run for President......

The use of that screen capture to make your point is a blatant distortion of the truth regarding his presentation...a lie! The sad part is that you know it and don't care.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Still can't be bothered with actual facts and context, huh, inneptune?

Let me explain it to you (not that you care about facts, but I'll do it anyway).

He was showing a comparison of Egypt's size to the state of New York and it's proximity to Israel and how Israel is about the size of Long Island, and making the point of how Israel is surrounded by people who hate them, want to destroy them, and are right next door. He asked how you'd feel if you were living in Long Island and people in the rest of New York wanted to kill you, or something close to that.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

A lot of the stuff he's been predicting has come true. But don't let that get in the way of dismissing him and his info.
PFF
System Bot
TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post
The context doesn't matter - it's a good sight gag.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

The sad part is that you don't care.

You are correct, sir!

Like some other entertainers on the FOX 'news' channel, Glenn Beck is too wacked out to deserve the effort that my contempt would require, but not quite bizarre enough (but very close) to actually be funny.

Originally posted by fierobear:

huh, inneptune?

This comment isn't worth its own reply, so I'll tack it on here:
(sorry, texasfiero)

I see that fierobear is still showing his cl ass to the forum.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 03-14-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

You are correct, sir!
Like most of the entertainers on the FOX 'news' channel, Glenn Beck is too whacked out to deserve the effort that contempt would require, but not quite bizarre enough (but close) to be funny.

And you are too blinded with hatred of conservatives to even get your stories straight.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by TiredGXP:

The context doesn't matter - it's a good sight gag.

Sure, it could be funny. But inneptune BELIEVES it.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I'll say this: Rush Limbaugh - while farther right than I am - is entertaining and isn't afraid to laugh at himself.

I tried listening to Glenn Beck on three separate occasions. It was worse than AM Coast to Coast. He is so far out there with his ideas he makes Rush look like a bleeding heart liberal.

No thank you.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

A lot of the stuff he's been predicting has come true. But don't let that get in the way of dismissing him and his info.

Maybe he'll start doing Horoscopes.. Mormon style
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
People will only listen to the blowhard who cries wolf so many times before they start to ignore.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

People will only listen to the blowhard who cries wolf so many times before they start to ignore.

People who blow off bad news so easily, and bury their heads in the sand are vulnerable to a surprise ass kicking.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

I'll say this: Rush Limbaugh - while farther right than I am - is entertaining and isn't afraid to laugh at himself.

I tried listening to Glenn Beck on three separate occasions. It was worse than AM Coast to Coast. He is so far out there with his ideas he makes Rush look like a bleeding heart liberal.

No thank you.

Agreed. I tried to watch for over a half an hour today to get the gist of what he was saying... it started when I investigated the Egypt/New York picture because I had no idea what the context was. Yes, he was making a size comparison with New York and Egypt.. Parts of that and two other segments I watched also smacked of bigotry, associating terrorists and Obama because of the word 'change', and angry chalkboard writing, hand gestures and mannerisms in his speaking that has also been demonstrated by Hitler for influencing an audience (in other words, trying to take the emotional "reigns" of his audience) , ranting about how stupid Harvard grads are, jumping up and down like a child, fake crying, complaining about "The Media" .. of which he is a member, and whisper-yelling. And I HATE Whisper-yelling.

Red Flag. I had to leave. No thank you indeed.

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

People who blow off bad news so easily, and bury their heads in the sand are vulnerable to a surprise ass kicking.

I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere. Maybe you can use your chalkboard.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 03-07-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Connect it to Hitler, please... Otherwise I don't care.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I say send 'em back where they came from, I understand them just fine. If they are not willing to pay attention to the laws governing becoming a citizen, then they likely won't care about other laws and obey them either. Where'd you get that from?

I wasn't meaning you in particular. Sorry about that.

I should have said "People on the left". >_< Even that is too general.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 03-07-2011).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Thank you for that.

I don't listen to him every day. But he has said a lot of relevant things. He's also been very right on many occasions, and as far as I know has apologized when he was wrong.

Brad
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I wasn't meaning you in particular. Sorry about that.

I should have said "People on the left". >_< Even that is too general.

Brad

It's okay Brad, there is no chart or term that can peg most people, I would hope. That would make politics too easy. And too dangerous.I just try to judge one persons actions at a time as I see them and react accordingly... and today, after giving him a fair chance, I really just found Beck not to my liking. Still would not run him over/shoot him.. but mostly because that would get ME in trouble. I dont wish harm on anyone, especially myself.

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Know why I hate Fox News in general?

False advertising, not once have I seen a news story about Foxes.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
I do find this interesting. Take a step back and you can see the new trend / tactic.
CNN ran a similar "story" using two "moderate" Republicans to rail against Beck and rolling it in with the split between the old guard R's and the TEA party types.

Beck can get a little too preachy for my taste from time to time, think I might get an hour of him total a week.. Really depends on the topic.

That said, he's gotta be doing something right for the lib/progressives to keep going after him like this. Citing a drop in his numbers .. hmm post election, post holidays, kind of a dead political season.. Naww.. wouldn't have anything to do with it..
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Evidently I have to in order to make it simple enough for you to understand.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Agreed. I tried to watch for over a half an hour today

Really? I don't know what you were watching. Beck is on vacation this week. Judge Napolitano is filling in.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Know why I hate Fox News in general?

False advertising, not once have I seen a news story about Foxes.

LOL

That's because it's a big, shadow conspiracy. shhhh!

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Really? I don't know what you were watching. Beck is on vacation this week. Judge Napolitano is filling in.

I dont have cable. Its called Youtube, and thats the best I can get.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 03-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I dont have cable. Its called Youtube, and thats the best I can get.

Try this instead:
http://www.watchglennbeck.com/

Here's a good one:
http://www.watchglennbeck.c...-failed-revolutions/

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I really like Glenn Becks History lessons.

I have to admit that there are shows he does that I don't like.

That said, I love REM, but not every song they did.

Brad
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Glenn Beck and Charlie Sheen can get a show together.
Remember the Odd Couple?
Americans LOVE to watch crazy people on TV, so it would have to be a huge success!

Obama and Mao: BFF

I should get a commission from FOX TV for that idea.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 03-14-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Maybe Glenn Beck and Charlie Sheen can get a show together.
Americans LOVE to watch crazy people on TV, so it would have to be a huge success!

So, yet another smartass answer, and lots of smarmy smiley faces, but no comment on the proof you were given on how WRONG you were. Can't or won't admit it, but lots of smartass comments. Never anything of substance, eh inneptune?

Whatta dork.

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

So, yet another smartass answer, and lots of smarmy smiley faces, but no comment on the proof you were given on how WRONG you were. Can't or won't admit it, but lots of smartass comments. Never anything of substance, eh inneptune?

Whatta dork.

yes....substance.....lol

someone's full of substance
3 sentances
3 names called, well, 4 if you count the repeat.....
gj
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yes....substance.....lol

someone's full of substance
3 sentances
3 names called, well, 4 if you count the repeat.....
gj

I discuss, debate and post links and articles. Neptune posts smartass comments, and nothing else. Geez, pyrthian.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

I discuss, debate and post links and articles. Neptune posts smartass comments, and nothing else. Geez, pyrthian.

No, when your idols underpants show, you sink lower and call other people names like a child would.
Because you've got nothing else.
Except for way too much hate in your heart.

If Tee Party world is all about hate and name calling the way you exhibit here, then I don't see a very long and bright future for your 'movement.'
That isn't what America is about.
Or is it?

Best regards, NEPTUNE
(not inneptune or some other childish name from fieroBEAR world.)

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 03-09-2011).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

NEPTUNE

10199 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Connect it to Hitler, please... Otherwise I don't care.

I couldn't find "six degrees of Obama/ Hitler."
(I looked for three whole minutes)
I found Becks ludicrous "six degrees of Obama/ MAO," though.
See above post.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

No, when your idols underpants show, you sink lower and call other people names like a child would.

That's bullshit, Neptune, and you KNOW it. 99% of what you post is either an insult or some other dig at conservatives.

Because you've got nothing else.

More bullshit. I post more info, articles and links in ONE DAY than you do in a year.

If Tee Party world is all about hate and name calling the way you exhibit here, then I don't see a very long and bright future for your 'movement.'
That isn't what America is about.

The Tea Party is for stopping the likes of YOU, who only care about party, and what government can and should do for you.

NOW, you think you take the high road, after all the crap you've posted? Nice try. Why not demonstrate this sudden affinity for détente and civility going forward?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock