Started on: 02-28-2011 10:02 PM
Replies: 47
Last post by: dennis_6 on 03-02-2011 01:07 AM
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Industrial hemp and the pot you smoke to get high are 2 different animals.

Exactly! So why is industrial hemp illegal? Because it has a leaf on it that looks like this:

Not trying to sound like an a-hole, but do I really sound that ignorant that I don't know the difference between the two?

IP: Logged
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Not trying to sound like an a-hole, but do I really sound that ignorant that I don't know the difference between the two?

No, just this thread is about Spice and K2 and everyone is bringing up Marijuana because of the similairities. Then you interjected about all the industrial uses for hemp when what was being discussed was the recreational use not industrial. Since K2 and Spice have no correlation to industrial hemp (you can't make cloth or rope, etc, from K2 and Spice as far as I know) I don't understand the logic behind it.

It's quite obvious you know the difference as you posted.

You can't even get high from industrial hemp!

I just don't understand what industrial hemp has to do with K2 and Spice outside Marijuana in general being illegal. The only rational similairity between the 2 has to do with getting high.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
^Yup that's the embarrassed emoticon.

Originally posted by Khw:

I just don't understand what industrial hemp has to do with K2 and Spice outside Marijuana in general being illegal. The only rational similairity between the 2 has to do with getting high.

Very true, my apologies for getting off-topic. I guess I just found a thread that I could interject my thoughts into, instead of making a separate new thread.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

^Yup that's the embarrassed emoticon.

Very true, my apologies for getting off-topic. I guess I just found a thread that I could interject my thoughts into, instead of making a separate new thread.

Ahh, okay I see now. It's not all on you, I misunderstood your intent.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 03-01-2011).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Ok, fair enough, not for kids ( which i agree btw ) but what about for adults then? Alcohol is legal. Why not pot? Why not mushrooms? Or conversely why is ANYTHING legal?

Why should an adult not have a right to ingest on their own time whatever they want? ( and i'm totally against recreational drugs myself, but i'm totally for an adults right to hide in their own house and do them if they like... )

Maybe I should define my idea of a "young adult" I am talking along the lines of my generation (the 20-something generation). AND I do fully agree with you that it isn't for children (and by children I mean the traditional legal definition of under 18)

That said, if you read further into my post where I mention my views being a contradiction of themselves, you will find your answer Essentially you put it in your second statement the same way I did, with different wording.

Free will and personal responsibility... Its a pesky thing that free will

Again though, I am all for medical use. Consequently, I myself could probably benefit from it with my bouts of severe insomnia (2-4 days worth of not sleeping plays hell on the body, particularly the mind. Ever gone so long without sleep you start hallucinating? Not fun). I've tried everything I can up to this point, from Melatonin to Unisom to prescription sleep aids, to no avail. Pot (as I recall from high school) slowed me down and made me sleepy, which helped me get through my senior year. Problem I have is my mind races a mile a minute, even when I'm tired and trying to get to sleep. Pot (again as I recall) slowed my thought process enough that I could relax.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I have a form of adult ADHD.

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 03-01-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Again though, I am all for medical use. Consequently, I myself could probably benefit from it with my bouts of severe insomnia (2-4 days worth of not sleeping plays hell on the body, particularly the mind. Ever gone so long without sleep you start hallucinating? Not fun). I've tried everything I can up to this point, from Melatonin to Unisom to prescription sleep aids, to no avail. Pot (as I recall from high school) slowed me down and made me sleepy, which helped me get through my senior year. Problem I have is my mind races a mile a minute, even when I'm tired and trying to get to sleep. Pot (again as I recall) slowed my thought process enough that I could relax.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I have a form of adult ADHD.

Isn't that the worst? When you're lying in bed, dead tired, but your brain just won't stop thinking! The nights that I don't smoke, I can lay for hours without falling asleep, right up until its time to wake up and go to school. The best distraction that I use is numbers, I'll count up to 500 picturing each number in my head, then count backwards from 500. If that fails and I'm still awake when I get to zero, I give up and get out of bed. Its frustrating.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Isn't that the worst? When you're lying in bed, dead tired, but your brain just won't stop thinking! The nights that I don't smoke, I can lay for hours without falling asleep, right up until its time to wake up and go to school. The best distraction that I use is numbers, I'll count up to 500 picturing each number in my head, then count backwards from 500. If that fails and I'm still awake when I get to zero, I give up and get out of bed. Its frustrating.

Lol, agreed. Tried it, as well as all the other forms of tricking the mind into shutdown (counting sheep, etc) to no avail.

I've tried everything (from the aformentioned remedies above to legal herbal remedies like chamomile, turkish mint, etc). Best thing I can think of (with scientific evidence backing up my speculations) is cannabis. One day I'll get around to experimenting with it for insomnia again, right now though without a medical law on the books I'm forced to wait. Last thing I need is a "drug" charge on my record if/when I get busted for possession. Not to mention I broke all ties with the people I associated with back then that were able to find cannabis, so I have no clue where to even look these days (even with my understanding that it is almost everywhere anymore)...

My sleep pattern gets so broken (especially now that I'm back in school) that I need to find something, anything that works. Most of the stuff I got in high school was indica strains, and they worked great for knocking me out when I couldn't sleep Good couch cannabis that turns you into jello and makes you become one with the couch

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Pot should be legal period.
992r needs to go.
ATF needs to go.

So sick of fear based laws, its just stupidity.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock