Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  BOA CEO: "Lets foreclose on Julian Assange's house!" (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
BOA CEO: "Lets foreclose on Julian Assange's house!" by ryan.hess
Started on: 02-10-2011 03:45 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: Wudman on 02-12-2011 02:26 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
This is pretty ridiculous....

In a leaked memo, Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan concludes the obvious answer to WikiLeaks' impending release of damaging emails is to foreclose on WikiLeaks' founder's Jullian Assange's home. Assange, an Australian citizen, owns a 2br apartment in England's dodgy district. Moynihan's anger is palpable in the memo as he rails against fellow executives for suggesting that foreclosing on a property BOA does not own may present legal obstacles in the future. Moynihan chastises Chief Risk Officer Paul Morrison saying "Don't be such a [expletive] we accidentally foreclose on people's houses all the time. There's no reason we can't later claim this [expletive]'s apartment was a clerical error." Moynihan's abuse of Morrison continues in a later email in which he chides:
"Is it [foreclosing on Assange's house] against the law? Well so is leaking our illegal activities. BOA standard operating procedure is to foreclose first and then determine mortgage holder / originator post foreclosure."

Inside sources say the attempt is part of BOA's ongoing attempt to bury Assange in legal paperwork, and provide the media ample scandal fodder related to Assange's personal finances. BOA continues to reel from scandal after scandal since Moynihan was appointed leading many to question his leadership ability. Moynihan's well documented hubris is often cited as his greatest weakness. Recall that Moynihan, in a show of support for ex-CEO Ken Lewis famously compared the CEO to the President of the United States concluding: "the President is bound by rule of law and doesn't have the power to create money or take away someone's lawfully acquired house; that great power is reserved for the CEO of today's greatest company the Bank of America."

To date the US DOJ has refused to comment on the activities implied in the email citing an on going investigation. Many pundits have speculated that the DOJ lacks jurisdiction since no crime was committed. Republican House Speaker John Bohner told CBS's Katie Couric "the USA PATRIOT ACT gives BOA full authority to foreclose on any known terrorist and that is exactly what Assange is- there is zero difference between Assange and Osama bin Laden" adding "freedom doesn't mean airing everyone else's dirty laundry"

The leaked memo comes on news that BOA plans to attack wikileaks by submitting false information and calling wikileaks out on the false information. Their brilliant strategy shows a clear lack of understanding of wikileak\'s vetting process; however, not reading documents thoroughly and failing to understand basic concepts are par for the course with BOAs leadership team.
http://www.redesign.rumormi...-on-julian-assange-1
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
A bank committing fraud? Who would have thought.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Awwww Are there widdle fweeling hurt that the public might just learn what all they REALLY do with our money?
Boo Fricking Who!!!

I say Assange is a hero! Someone needs to air out the dirty laundry. Especially when there is so much around. People, Corporations and government NEED to be held responsible.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Awwww Are there widdle fweeling hurt that the public might just learn what all they REALLY do with our money?
Boo Fricking Who!!!

I say Assange is a hero! Someone needs to air out the dirty laundry. Especially when there is so much around. People, Corporations and government NEED to be held responsible.

I dont know if i would call him a hero, but he does deserve due process in legal proceedings and not be defrauded in private dealings.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
MERCHANTS-MANKINDS EVIL EMPIRE.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

This is pretty ridiculous....

In a leaked memo, Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan concludes the obvious answer to WikiLeaks' impending release of damaging emails is to foreclose on WikiLeaks' founder's Jullian Assange's home. Assange, an Australian citizen, owns a 2br apartment in England's dodgy district. Moynihan's anger is palpable in the memo as he rails against fellow executives for <snip>

I conclude the answer is obvious....Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan needs assinating.

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
he is more of a canary in a coal mine
warning us of danger

some like speaker BONEHEAD hate the truth
and favor suppression over knowledge
a free people need true facts NOT lies and secrets
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

some like speaker BONEHEAD hate the truth
and favor suppression over knowledge
a free people need true facts NOT lies and secrets

Exactly.

So why would you be against the patriot act? A free people need true facts about your life. Why should it be private? In fact, anything discovered should be able to be publicized.

You don't want details of your private life made public? You favor suppression over knowledge. What is wrong with you?
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I conclude the answer is obvious....Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan needs assinating.

Very Fruedian of you!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Very Fruedian of you!

Noticed that, did ya ?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-10-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

Exactly.

So why would you be against the patriot act? A free people need true facts about your life. Why should it be private? In fact, anything discovered should be able to be publicized.

You don't want details of your private life made public? You favor suppression over knowledge. What is wrong with you?

I really-really hope you are being sarcastic here, other wise I am going to have to grab you by an ankle and whip you around until your a-hole whistles dixie !!!!

A mans private life is private...a goobernment or corporation are publically held-and-traded trusts.

If ya want privacy, go work for mom-and-pop-shops.........if you want to hold offices of trust in areas/ corporations that are publically traded--then your actions are subject to public scutiny.........dont like it, then go work somewhere out of the public eye.
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I dont know if i would call him a hero, but he does deserve due process in legal proceedings and not be defrauded in private dealings.

Due Process for what?

Brad
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
As ex-military, I have to say I believe this man is an enemy of the state. He made available classified information that can hurt our country's reputation and foreign relations, maybe even inadvertantly cause the demise of agents in the field. Security clearances exist for a reason. I'm still waiting for him to "crack his head open in the shower" so I can dance a jig in celebration of the end of his misbegotten life.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll bet this is part of the mis-information campaign being launched by Assange's potential targets.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

As ex-military, I have to say I believe this man is an enemy of the state. He made available classified information that can hurt our country's reputation and foreign relations, maybe even inadvertantly cause the demise of agents in the field. Security clearances exist for a reason. I'm still waiting for him to "crack his head open in the shower" so I can dance a jig in celebration of the end of his misbegotten life.

Did you feel this way about Plame? When the last administration outed her CIA cover no doubt many of the people she'd interacted with under her cover ID were subject to "interviews" by their superiors. I've wondered if and how many of her contacts died as a result of her outing. Using your logic, that would make certain people in the previous administration "enemies of the state", to wit, Libby and Bush, Cheney et. al. Also the reporter/commentator Novak.

Back on topic: Am I the only one that thinks that foreclosing someone illegally is a real issue? If not, then it means that no homeowner paying a mortgage is truly a homeowner or has any property rights. I've always felt that one of the key underpinnings of our civilization is the rule of law and how it applies to the right to own property. It's even written into the Constitution. If a rogue banker can just go in and seize someone's property on a whim we've got very serious foundation problems in this country's legal infrastructure.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:
Back on topic: Am I the only one that thinks that foreclosing someone illegally is a real issue? If not, then it means that no homeowner paying a mortgage is truly a homeowner or has any property rights. I've always felt that one of the key underpinnings of our civilization is the rule of law and how it applies to the right to own property. It's even written into the Constitution. If a rogue banker can just go in and seize someone's property on a whim we've got very serious foundation problems in this country's legal infrastructure.

This is a real problem. I read not too long ago about a man having his house repossessed and all his belongings sold of while he was out of town. Thing is, he owned the house free and clear.

Bet nothing comes of this, shows who really runs things.

Me? I believe that financially destroying people (especially old people) is worse than out right killing them.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
These unverified or fraudulent foreclosures should be raising red flags everywhere. That's not a theory talked about in an email. It's actually happened.
Corporations, with cooperation of the judicial system are illegally seizing people's property.

Revolutions have begun for less. Call it a clerical error if you want, but you can't get a more blatant violation of the Fourth Amendment than that.
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
If this country fails, it will be because of the banks.

There are few people I trust less than bankers.

~ Derek
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I really-really hope you are being sarcastic here, other wise I am going to have to grab you by an ankle and whip you around until your a-hole whistles dixie !!!!

A mans private life is private...a goobernment or corporation are publically held-and-traded trusts.

If ya want privacy, go work for mom-and-pop-shops.........if you want to hold offices of trust in areas/ corporations that are publically traded--then your actions are subject to public scutiny.........dont like it, then go work somewhere out of the public eye.

Of COURSE I was being sarcastic.

And also, of course there is a difference between a private individual and a corporation or a government. But not EVERY COMMUNICATION needs to be public, and in many cases it is harmful to have every communication be public.

Still, it was fun to point out the hypocrisy.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post02-11-2011 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Due Process for what?

Brad

Due process followed in the attempts by various governments to lock him up for 'leak' related acts. Which, so far it appears that is happening so i wasn't pointing fingers. It was more of a general statement that everyone should be treated equally and have the same rights, until convicted of a crime, then treated as all other criminals..
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post02-11-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

That was a good example of the point i was making. Until proven guilty, everyone deserves due process in the justice system. And not justice at the end of a stick. In society one must believe that the guilty will in the end be tried, convicted and sentenced for their crimes, or there is no society.
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Did you feel this way about Plame? When the last administration outed her CIA cover no doubt many of the people she'd interacted with under her cover ID were subject to "interviews" by their superiors. I've wondered if and how many of her contacts died as a result of her outing. Using your logic, that would make certain people in the previous administration "enemies of the state", to wit, Libby and Bush, Cheney et. al. Also the reporter/commentator Novak.

Absolutely. We'll never know how badly that effected our intelligence community because its classified. I was outraged when she was outed for no more than political reasons, and I believe Cheney and Bush were responsible for that. The orders came from somewhere, didnt they? We'll never know how many died, how much damage was done, because of the classified nature of the whole community... but it was classless and irresponsible and done strictly for pollitical reasons. They were far more complicit in damaging our country's reputation and safety than our current president.. swiftly and conveniently forgotten by those who now rage against Bush's successors.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 02-11-2011).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

tbone42

8477 posts
Member since Apr 2010

That was a good example of the point i was making. Until proven guilty, everyone deserves due process in the justice system. And not justice at the end of a stick. In society one must believe that the guilty will in the end be tried, convicted and sentenced for their crimes, or there is no society.

Assange is not a US citizen. Does he deserve the same treatment as our citizens who he endangered? Not so sure since we do not extend our rights to people who are not citizens. Bush set the standard, didnt he? Look at the terror suspects we have imprisoned in Guantanamo and elsewhere.. how is he different? Should he not be treated as a foreign enemy? Sure, he was not carrying a gun or bomb, but he no doubt hurt our country and should be treated as an enemy of the state. Just my personal feelings, but enemy combatants do get treated in a different manner than a citizen of the US who commits a crime.

I'm all for free speech until what you say or do gets people killed. He was completely irresponsible and I personally dont care if he gets a day in court. I dont think he'll make it, anyway.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I love the people that now hate Mr. Assange for releasing Government secrets that thought he was awesome for releasing Corporations secrets.

Julian Assange did not endanger American secrets, he's just the messenger, The people that gave him the information should be the ones we are attacking.

What does it say when our greatest secrets as a country can be released by a private?

Brad
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Bob Woodward comes to mind.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post02-11-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Assange is not a US citizen. Does he deserve the same treatment as our citizens who he endangered?

Legally, no, morally yes.

Personally i think if we don't extend basic rights like 'due process' or 'freespeech', to all involved regardless of their citizenship we are being hypocrites. But that's just me. Now, please don't get me wrong as i DO think he has crossed the line in several cases and should be jailed for what he did. BUT i think it should be done properly and not via a vigilante squad, be it private or government organized.

And yes, i do realize that 'due process' can change in time of war, etc...
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

I love the people that now hate Mr. Assange for releasing Government secrets that thought he was awesome for releasing Corporations secrets.

Julian Assange did not endanger American secrets, he's just the messenger, The people that gave him the information should be the ones we are attacking.

What does it say when our greatest secrets as a country can be released by a private?

Brad

I never even HEARD of him until he went into hiding after releasing US secrets. I guess I dont keep up with popculture, I had to ask my wife why wikipedia is releasing state secrets. She set me straight. I guess Im still "First to go, last to know" just like always.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I never even HEARD of him until he went into hiding after releasing US secrets. I guess I dont keep up with popculture, I had to ask my wife why wikipedia is releasing state secrets. She set me straight. I guess Im still "First to go, last to know" just like always.

So your saying that someone should die based on something you know very little about?

Brad
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

So your saying that someone should die based on something you know very little about?

Brad

Past tense. KNEW. I know now, of course, as much as anyone not involved does... but I never had the initial "hooray" reaction about him releasing corporate secrets that you spoke of because I never heard anything until he started releasing US secret/classified state info.

And I never said he SHOULD die, but I could see it happening and I dont think I would care very much if it did after what he pulled. Not trying to be a hadrazz, but I dont have much love for anyone from Australia that intentionally released info that could hurt our country.

So you think what he did is Ok or harmless?

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Past tense. KNEW. I know now, of course, as much as anyone not involved does... but I never had the initial "hooray" reaction about him releasing corporate secrets that you spoke of because I never heard anything until he started releasing US secret/classified state info.

And I never said he SHOULD die, but I could see it happening and I dont think I would care very much if it did after what he pulled. Not trying to be a hadrazz, but I dont have much love for anyone from Australia that intentionally released info that could hurt our country.

Fair enough,

So you think what he did is Ok or harmless?

I think he's just the messenger.

It's kind of like having an electrician tell you your electric bill is too high because your fridge is bad, and getting in a fight with him.

People had to/ have to take the information to Wikileaks. Julian Assange never broke into anything, never stole any information. Possibly has never so much as pirated a song from the internet.

So yes, I think what he is doing is fine, harmless, no.

I say before we go after a symptom, we figure out why this stuff was leaked to Wikileaks, and how we can fix that.

Once we fix the leaks, we fix the symptom.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 02-11-2011).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
.Men have been hunted down and killed ,many had to go into hiding ..what a bunch of morons.Hamas,hazbollah Iran,al quada Syria & many others read every memo ,,I,m very sorry that you were not hunted down for helping america and had your pathetic throat cut.. OH,sorry ! I forgot you would not cross the street to help America now!!..
the banks did not cause the crisis, thay were forced into making bad loans and made the best of it
The democratic black caucus created the Morgage crisis ,they started the ball rolling,, Bush and Cheney tried to stop them ,racist Racist ,racist was the cry in 2003 !! The democrats blame the bankers over and over,, I see it worked !! once again the ill informed & the ignorant are striking out against those who propaganda slammed.. even some bankers now think it was the other bankers 'If you ignorant morons are lucky the banks will all fail,, you will love it .Leman brothers went down for a reason & it all started back in 2002 ,2003 it takes time to bring down a great nation,, keep up the good work..
I was in a military forum , they said i should come back here & be active ,because there are so many politically correct that kill america each day ,,each day i am reminded how far we have fallen from 9/11

..There is nothing hidden here, only propaganda at work ,even the NYSE stock radio shows are blaming the banks now,, there memories seem fuzzy or short ..you do not pay ,you lose, life is not fair!
there are always abuses, Glad to see how many on this forum would support men who HATE america ,you are scumbags remind me if we meet at a fiero meet ,I hate traitors such as your self ,you know who you are I want the hide behind the computer traitors here to hate me !! how far we have fallen from 9/11

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 02-12-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Brad

He is not just a simple messenger. He is more like a facilitator. Maybe like a fence. He knows this information is stolen and passes it along anyhow. He is in fact encouraging others to break the law.

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Scottzilla79

2573 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Stan, I don't get it. Are you defending the scumbag who would foreclose on a property he doesn't own? You think he is standing up for America? He is standing up for his own inflated ego and nothing else. I bet you $50 bucks the BOA CEO does not drive an American car.
I would agree with you that banks were forced to make some bad loans with the Community banking rules, but I worked in the mortgage industry and I can tell you there were a lot of greedy idiots running around then and they made plenty of bad loans on their own.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2011 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by uhlanstan:
,you are scumbags remind me if we meet at a fiero meet ,I hate traitors such as your self ,you know who you are

Just some questions, if you don't mind:

Is everyone here a scumbag/traitors?
If not, who here rises above that distinction?
Are there people here who are not scumbag/traitors?
If so, how do you figure that out?
Can you name them, and why they are not?
Can you only see the one's that ARE scumbag/traitors, but not the ones that are not?
Who here & in the world rises above the distinction of scumbag/traitors?
The guys at the SpecOp sites?
The veterans here?
Do you?
If so, how did you manage where everyone else here and elsewhere have failed?
What makes you better/more american/patriotic/smarter/game changer/ then everyone here and elsewhere?
How are you with all your infinate wisdom actually using it to save your country?
What are you doing to make things better.
Where did you learn to so difinativly label scumbag/traitors with so little information to go on?
How do you know so much about everything and everyone?
How did you become so much smarter & insightful then everyone else?
How did your 20/20 foresight keep you from fame & fortune all this time and from working within the highest levels of the great thinkers?
How do you decide between what you THINK is true and what is ACTUALLY true?
Does you believing everyone here is a scumbag/traitor actually make that true, or is it just an opinion?
How & on what do you base that opinion?
What is everyone doing differently then you?
What would you suggest everyone do?
And to what end?
Where would you have us be as a country?
Are there others like you?
What are they doing to change things?
Are they also 100% acturate at pointing out all the scumbag/traitors?

I really am serious about these questions.
You seem so sure of your accusations of others here.
Where does that come from?
Aren't you afraid with your blanket judgement and lack of any real proof that you will condem a good man?
Maybe even "one of your own", although i'm not quite sure what that could even mean.
Are you really that sure of what you say about others?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

He is not just a simple messenger. He is more like a facilitator. Maybe like a fence. He knows this information is stolen and passes it along anyhow. He is in fact encouraging others to break the law.

So he's just doing something that's morally wrong, not legally. I didn't see anyone screaming when he was arrested on false accusations, illegal and immoral on the part of the people that did it.

Sometimes you have to do things that are not popular to do the right thing. It's not always easy, and people don't always understand.

One of the things people fail to recognize is that Julian Assange is doing a job here, he is not the only person at Wikileaks, if something happens to him someone else will simply assume his position, and the process will be even more secretive.

Brad
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Well-put.
We all could use a little more self-examination.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Scottzilla79

2573 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Brad, I'll admit I didn't follow what happened after he was released and I don't know all the details. If someone accused him of rape the authorities had to investigate.

I think this BOA CEO is a royal POS if this is true even though I think Assange is a self important ass hat who is putting lives and nations in danger because he thinks he knows better than everyone.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/37/793
I'm pretty sure this is what Assange is doing. (Look at (c))
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post02-12-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Stan, I don't get it.

A lot of us have said that on more than one occasion.

From what i can tell hes OK with vigilante justice, when its not his guy getting it..
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post02-12-2011 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

So he's just doing something that's morally wrong, not legally. I didn't see anyone screaming when he was arrested on false accusations, illegal and immoral on the part of the people that did it.

Sometimes you have to do things that are not popular to do the right thing. It's not always easy, and people don't always understand.

One of the things people fail to recognize is that Julian Assange is doing a job here, he is not the only person at Wikileaks, if something happens to him someone else will simply assume his position, and the process will be even more secretive.

Brad

I screamed about it, but no one listened

I felt the 'sex charges' were a setup to try to easily quiet the guy and his project by smearing his reputation and getting him out of commission. But as often happens, the plan was not well thought out and he was made into a martyr of sorts. I always thought he was a scumbag for crossing the line on several items, and did violate laws so should be brought up for *those* charges and properly tried, not on some made up stuff.

Now that said, not all of what wikileaks did was wrong, and we DO need a *competent* watchdog for reporting abuse. But if you cross the line , you crossed the line and its game over.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I screamed about it, but no one listened

I did.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay