Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Verizon IS getting the iPhone TOMORROW!!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Verizon IS getting the iPhone TOMORROW!!! by 8Ball
Started on: 01-10-2011 08:38 PM
Replies: 59
Last post by: 87antuzzi on 01-21-2011 09:48 PM
8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
M_I have heard and reported on the internet rumors... But my Rep from Verizon just confirmed it to me. Tomorrow, 1-11-11 at 11am, Verizon will be announcing the new Verizon iPhone 4.
AndI am on the list for the first batch
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Yay for Apple's slow, yet incessant takeover of the free world?

Wait, Google and Apple will have to fight for it in the end..
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Say buy to AT&T. I know lots of people that own IPhones that would love to switch to Verizon using their IPhone. AT&T has terrible service, atleast everywhere I have been.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
We are a Verizon shop at work, I wouldn't mind switching to the IPhone as there are some cool apps that I could use at work. I just don't want to pay for it
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Too bad it isn't a new model. I'll pass and wait for a G4 model Android to be offered by Verizon first.
http://www.huffingtonpost.c...-not-r_b_807131.html

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 01-10-2011).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
The 4G model will be released with the iPhone5 at the end of the year. Which is about the same time most places will start to see the 4G network roll out in their area.
Nashville has 4G now. But they said Knoxville can't really expect it before October at the earliest.

So I will be getting the iPhone now.. Then again when the new one comes out. That is the great thing about Apple products.. they hold their value so well.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
2 years ago i would have been all over the iphone
but what can they offer me that i dont have n my droid?

i am due for a phone in nov.i think
i got the original droid the day it came out
id say that android has the market on lock down as being more superior,

what can iphone offer me that i dont already have??
by the time i am due for a renew in nov, we will be looking at new dual core phones hitting the market before christmas id say..

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTi VR6 -- Not stock
06 VW GTi 2.0t
99 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Why would anyone buy the iPhone on purpose again?

Isn't that kinda like getting yourself castrated?

Brad
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
I'll stick with my Droid 2. I really don't like Apple stuff, got my wife an ipod for her birthday and that's the last Apple product I will buy.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I would have to disagree with you.
One of my clients jsut switched from AT&T and the iPhone to Verizon and the Droid. They did it only because ATT's coverage sucks here so bad.
I have had nothing but phone call after phone call from all the new Droid owners, bitching at me.. Why did I let them do this etc etc etc.

In general the interface and user experience of the iPhone is FAR superior to that of the Droid.
In general the users have a lot more trouble getting the droids to work with the Exchange server as well. Within a week, half of them dropped he droids and went back to blackberry.

With the iPhone announcement, they will likely ALL drop the droids and get iPhones again.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

I would have to disagree with you.
One of my clients jsut switched from AT&T and the iPhone to Verizon and the Droid. They did it only because ATT's coverage sucks here so bad.
I have had nothing but phone call after phone call from all the new Droid owners, bitching at me.. Why did I let them do this etc etc etc.

In general the interface and user experience of the iPhone is FAR superior to that of the Droid.
In general the users have a lot more trouble getting the droids to work with the Exchange server as well. Within a week, half of them dropped he droids and went back to blackberry.

With the iPhone announcement, they will likely ALL drop the droids and get iPhones again.

If people cannot work a droid then they probably should have an iPhone. I agree.

I would fly an airplane if I knew how, but I don't so I just drive.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
The point is not that they cannot work it. The point it that A. the exchange integration is horrid. I AM an Exchange expert, so trust me on this one. Duplicated emails, dropped calendar appointments and duplicated contacts is bad.

The point is also that the iPhone is just more intuitive that the Droid. I do not deny the Droid is a nice phone and a good start, but the iPhone is FAR more refined.
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
I like my iphone 4 and have had zero issues with att. Let the haters leave. More bandwidth for me.

------------------
My Foto Site

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Will my I be able to activate my existing GSM equipped Iphone 3g on Verizon, or are they making a CDMA version that they want Verizon users to purchase?
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Will my I be able to activate my existing GSM equipped Iphone 3g on Verizon, or are they making a CDMA version that they want Verizon users to purchase?

No, the At&T iPhone will not work on the Verizon network.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

No, the At&T iPhone will not work on the Verizon network.

Lame...
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
How is it lame?
An ATT Blackberry.. wil not work on a Verizon network. ATT is GSM, Verizon is CDMA.

Does a FWD transmission work on a RWD Car?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

How is it lame?
An ATT Blackberry.. wil not work on a Verizon network. ATT is GSM, Verizon is CDMA.

If it's a mid/rear engine car it can..

Just sayin..
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

How is it lame?

Its lame because I already have an Iphone, and its a GSM version.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Just sayin..

:P Barely Counts.
And OkFlyboy.....
Sell yours on Craigslist. Betcha your finaly out of pocket cost is less than $100 that way
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Oh man, I can not believe you would ask that on a Fiero forum!

Brad, you need to get with PK, he will get you up and flying in no time!

Kevin

PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I will give Apple credit: they are marketing masters. If this was any other product it would not get news headlines. Apple gets the most free publicity that I have ever seen.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
i HAD an i phone.. ill stick to my droid with my multitasking and open market
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Wrong question to ask on a Fiero forum...
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Just sayin..

Game, set, match! I'm do for an upgrade in November. The iPhone is now in my crosshairs.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 01-11-2011).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I have Verizon and an LG PHONE which I use to make calls.. I'm still in the dark ages with cell phones and use it to make calls, no texting or any apps etc. Too much technology, making them too complex. I finally figured out how to take pictures, then had to get a micro card for it so I could move those photos from the phone to the computer without sending it to email which I would get charged for. The phones cost too much for the complex ones. I am eligable for an upgrade so I'm looking for a phone, but even the "cheap ones" have a $199 price tag unless I renew the two year contract.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I still have my Razr V3.
It even makes phone calls.

Luddites R Us.

Edit - But yeah. AT&T blows goats.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-11-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

M_I have heard and reported on the internet rumors... But my Rep from Verizon just confirmed it to me. Tomorrow, 1-11-11 at 11am, Verizon will be announcing the new Verizon iPhone 4.
AndI am on the list for the first batch

Well, you're an hour ahead of me out there right? How is it? You better post from it in this thread!

I just got the Droid X on Thanksgiving and love it, but now I really wish I had waited for the iPhone. Its just a lot more intuitive in my opinion.

------------------

-Aaron

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
I could have been an 85 SE V6.. never know
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
AT&T dropped the 3GS iPhone down to $50. That will drive the Apple snobs nuts. Now every homeless guy will be able to afford an iPhone.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Say buy to AT&T. I know lots of people that own IPhones that would love to switch to Verizon using their IPhone. AT&T has terrible service, atleast everywhere I have been.

Too bad you cant take your phone with you. Thanks to the FCC phones are compatible across all providers.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

AT&T dropped the 3GS iPhone down to $50. That will drive the Apple snobs nuts. Now every homeless guy will be able to afford an iPhone.

Really? Got a link?
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Oh man, I can not believe you would ask that on a Fiero forum!

Brad, you need to get with PK, he will get you up and flying in no time!

Kevin

Apparently Tuzzi would as well. Nothing bugs me more than people that think having a certain device makes them somehow better/happier/smarter. Especially when in the end it just makes them something that rhymes with mooshbags.

Brad
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Really? Got a link?

http://www.mobilecrunch.com...t-starting-tomorrow/
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I don't see what the big deal is...

I've got an iPhone that the company pays for. Everyone else is getting the 4G, but I said I would rather just keep the 3GS because I don't really care and don't feel like reloading anything.

Honestly, I know there are some cool apps on there, but I don't really have any MP3s, and other than checking my e-mail from work (which I could do just fine with that old-school blackberry I had years ago), I don't really care.

It doesn't make a good GPS device, I don't need to scan bar-codes, and the camera still isn't all that great.

I don't see why people are so crazy for this phone... it's neat, I'll give it that. I support capitalism, so if people will buy it, more power to Apple.

Personally, if my company wasn't paying for my phone and the monthly service... I'd probably just have a simple Motorola Razor, disable text messaging, and do that Wal*Mart $25 a month service plan thing...

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

http://www.mobilecrunch.com...t-starting-tomorrow/

Shoot, i was hoping for a link to actually buy it. Wife might want to upgrade the samsung impression i gave her.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Nothing bugs me more than people that think having a certain device makes them somehow better/happier/smarter. Especially when in the end it just makes them something that rhymes with mooshbags.

Brad

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 01-11-2011).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I don't see what the big deal is...

For me, it's the first phone i have liked ( tho i admit i don't use it to make calls except on a rare occasion ). It even replaced my trusty palm T/X as my PDA.

It does what i need, and in a nice easy to use package. Actually, when the touch came out i switched over from my Palm and loved it, but was still carrying 2 devices. Once the price was low enough i swapped both for a single iphone. Same features but wasn't tied to wifi anymore.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
The iFruit has no draw for me... I went from a BlackBerry to a DroidX - other than the crappy exchange support, I don't regret the changeover. The thing is, the factory exchange application can be supplemented by third-party applications like Touchdown so that becomes a moot point.

I also appreciate that I could write my own personal applications and actually use them without needing Big Brother's approval.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

The iFruit has no draw for me... I went from a BlackBerry to a DroidX - other than the crappy exchange support, I don't regret the changeover. The thing is, the factory exchange application can be supplemented by third-party applications like Touchdown so that becomes a moot point.

I also appreciate that I could write my own personal applications and actually use them without needing Big Brother's approval.

That is why we have choice. Everyone likes different things. its also why i don't use childish derogatory terms for others choices. If its what they prefer and are happy with their choice, more power to them.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 01-11-2011).]

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Loki:

I like my iphone 4 and have had zero issues with att. Let the haters leave. More bandwidth for me.

Thumbs up to that. The iOS on the iPhone and the touch screen itself is smoother to me. Don't forget 6 months ago the head of operations at verizon told cnet if they get the iPhone there network won't be able to handle the onslaught any better then AT&T and people will be just as upset with them lol I guess we will find out. I guess I'm lucky. AT&T is great where I live.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock