Started on: 12-01-2010 12:57 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: 2farnorth on 08-02-2011 10:37 PM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Haha - I always get a kick out of peoples definition of cold. To put things in perspective, we had temps of around -30F last week, and winter hasn't even fully hit us. This is also without the windchill factored in. The cold record for our city is -78F with the windchill factor, temps when your flesh litterally freezes within seconds of exposure.

So when spring rolls around at temps hit 23F like Cliff described, it's shorts time baby!
IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Haha - I always get a kick out of peoples definition of cold. To put things in perspective, we had temps of around -30F last week, and winter hasn't even fully hit us. This is also without the windchill factored in. The cold record for our city is -78F with the windchill factor, temps when your flesh litterally freezes within seconds of exposure.

So when spring rolls around at temps hit 23F like Cliff described, it's shorts time baby!

But...don't you Canadian folks have built in, permanent frostbite or something?
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
That and they have no blood.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

That and they have no blood.

Naw, they just have a low ratio of blood in their alcohol stream.

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Naw, they just have a low ratio of blood in their alcohol stream.

Now you are getting the theory.

We drink whiskey for breakfast, so we don't freeze to death, going out to start the car.

Currently 0 degrees Celsius, or 32 degrees F.
Two feet of dense drifted packed snow in the driveway.

Oh well, it was minus 25 degrees Celsius two days ago. Overnight low of -32 C. a week ago.
This is like a tropical heatwave by comparison.

Fiero is in one of the snowdrifts, in the driveway.
(or at least that's where I left it)
But my Chevy Blazer is happy to be the daily driver again.
She feels neglected in the summertime and gets all jealous of the Fiero.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marko:

We drink whiskey for breakfast, so we don't freeze to death, going out to start the car.

Oh well, it was minus 25 degrees Celsius two days ago. Overnight low of -32 C. a week ago.

You Canadians are tough, rugged people. Hats off to you!

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
It was in the 70's here... Then it absolutely POURED rain for 36 hours straight. Lots of minor flooding. Today the temp was around 28 this AM and snowing. It was 36 this afternoon and sunny.

Originally posted by Marko:

I can attest to this! I survived 10 looong COLD Nova Scotia winters.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 12-01-2010).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
It was round about 40Fahrenheit t'day. Nice clear sky, though. Sunny.

The cold doesn't have any effect on me anymore (sweet head injury, dude ) so I enjoy the weather until I feel the frostbite.

It'll probably suck when I get older what with the involuntary wrist spasms when going from warm to cold or the inverse.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

You Canadians are tough, rugged people. Hats off to you!

Don't forget about the Alaskans! It's their "American weather" blowing down to us.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

I can attest to this! I survived 10 looong COLD Nova Scotia winters.

Nova Scotia winters don't count as cold - for that you need to be on the prairies...Sometimes we get the joy of snow on the ground from October right through until May.

Lets see, this year the last snow was May 31, and we had snow fall some time in September - didn't even make it 4 months.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
What happened to the 'warmest year on record': The truth is global warming has halted

A year ago tomorrow, just before the opening of the UN Copenhagen world climate summit, the British Meteorological Office issued a confident prediction. The mean world temperature for 2010, it announced, 'is expected to be 14.58C, the warmest on record' - a deeply worrying 0.58C above the 19611990 average.

World temperatures, it went on, were locked inexorably into an everrising trend: 'Our experimental decadal forecast confirms previous indications that about half the years 2010-2019 will be warmer than the warmest year observed so far - 1998.'

Met Office officials openly boasted that they hoped by their statements to persuade the Copenhagen gathering to impose new and stringent carbon emission limits - an ambition that was not to be met.

Last week, halfway through yet another giant, 15,000delegate UN climate jamboree, being held this time in the tropical splendour of Cancun in Mexico, the Met Office was at it again.

Never mind that Britain, just as it was last winter and the winter before, was deep in the grip of a cold snap, which has seen some temperatures plummet to minus 20C, and that here 2010 has been the coolest year since 1996.

Globally, it insisted, 2010 was still on course to be the warmest or second warmest year since current records began.

But buried amid the details of those two Met Office statements 12 months apart lies a remarkable climbdown that has huge implications - not just for the Met Office, but for debate over climate change as a whole.
Read carefully with other official data, they conceal a truth that for some, to paraphrase former US VicePresident Al Gore, is really inconvenient: for the past 15 years, global warming has stopped.

This isn't meant to be happening. Climate science orthodoxy, as promulgated by bodies such as the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (CRU), says that temperatures have risen and will continue to rise in step with increasing CO2 in the atmosphere, and make no mistake, with the rapid industrialisation of China and India, CO2 levels have kept on going up.

According to the IPCC and its computer models, without enormous emission cuts the world is set to get between two and six degrees warmer during the 21st Century, with catastrophic consequences.

Last week at Cancun, in an attempt to influence richer countries to agree to give £20billion immediately to poorer ones to offset the results of warming, the US-based International Food Policy Research Institute warned that global temperatures would be 6.5 degrees higher by 2100, leading to rocketing food prices and a decline in production.

The maths isn't complicated. If the planet were going to be six degrees hotter by the century's end, it should be getting warmer by 0.6 degrees each decade; if two degrees, then by 0.2 degrees every ten years. Fortunately, it isn't.

Actually, with the exception of 1998 - a 'blip' year when temperatures spiked because of a strong 'El Nino' effect (the cyclical warming of the southern Pacific that affects weather around the world) - the data on the Met Office's and CRU's own websites show that global temperatures have been flat, not for ten, but for the past 15 years.
They go up a bit, then down a bit, but those small rises and falls amount to less than their measuring system's acknowledged margin of error. They have no statistical significance and reveal no evidence of any trend at all.

When the Met Office issued its December 2009 preThere-diction, it was clearly expecting an even bigger El Nino spike than happened in 1998 - one so big that it would have dragged up the decade's average.

But though it was still successfully trying to influence media headlines during Cancun last week by saying that 2010 might yet end up as the warmest year, the small print reveals the Met Office climbdown. Last year it predicted that the 2010 average would be 14.58C. Last week, this had been reduced to 14.52C.

That may not sound like much. But when one considers that by the Met Office's own account, the total rise in world temperatures since the 1850s has been less than 0.8 degrees, it is quite a big deal. Above all, it means the trend stays flat.

Meanwhile, according to an analysis yesterday by David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, 2010 had only two unusually warm months, March and April, when El Nino was at its peak.

The data from October to the end of the year suggests that when the final figure is computed, 2010 will not be the warmest year at all, but at most the third warmest, behind both 1998 and 2005.

There is no dispute that the world got a little warmer over some of the 20th Century. (Between 1940 and the early Seventies, temperatures actually fell.)
But little by little, the supposedly settled scientific ' consensus' that the temperature rise is unprecedented, that it is set to continue to disastrous levels, and that it is all the fault of human beings, is starting to fray.

Earlier this year, a paper by Michael Mann - for years a leading light in the IPCC, and the author of the infamous 'hockey stick graph' showing flat temperatures for 2,000 years until the recent dizzying increase - made an extraordinary admission: that, as his critics had always claimed, there had indeed been a ' medieval warm period' around 1000 AD, when the world may well have been hotter than it is now.

Other research is beginning to show that cyclical changes in water vapour - a much more powerful greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide - may account for much of the 20th Century warming.

Even Phil Jones, the CRU director at the centre of last year's 'Climategate' leaked email scandal, was forced to admit in a littlenoticed BBC online interview that there has been 'no statistically significant warming' since 1995.

One of those leaked emails, dated October 2009, was from Kevin Trenberth, head of climate analysis at the US government's National Centre for Atmospheric Research and the IPCC's lead author on climate change science in its monumental 2002 and 2007 reports.

He wrote: 'The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment, and it is a travesty that we can't.'

After the leak, Trenberth claimed he still believed the world was warming because of CO2, and that the 'travesty' was not the 'pause' but science's failure to explain it.
The question now emerging for climate scientists and policymakers alike is very simple. Just how long does a pause have to be before the thesis that the world is getting hotter because of human activity starts to collapse?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
All of that, over all those years and decades=anecdotal evidence.
You gotta go back and look at the big picture, from the very 1st day the Earth was formed, to 197.11 years into the future.. Yep, that's what ya gotta do. The big pic--or it ain't nothin.

enter whichever smiley is appropriate here >
fiero49

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero49Send a Private Message to fiero49Direct Link to This Post
Too cold for me, It is 23 degrees outside, Not going to get out of the Twentiies today. Snow on the ground, This weather sucks!!!
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Cold and snowy here as well (SE Ohio). We had about three inches overnight. Back in York they have had upward of eighteen inches in places. It is a snowy mess in the UK. My friend Russell Walker (BBC Radio York DJ) calls this winter "Snowmageddon 2."

I will not be able to see Britain's snow this year at Christmas as my heart surgical recovery and physical therapy will not be finished until 6 January. I hope to get back there in January or February (when there's even more snow, oh yeah).

I put the Trans Am and Fiero in the barn and THE NEXT DAY IT SNOWED! Good timing eh?

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 12-06-2010).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Hey, it's snowing on my monitor. It must be COLD!
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Cold and hot are relative to what you're used to. We humans have a normal comfort range that is based on what we're used to. We adjust our clothing and activities to the environment we are currently in. I have lived and many different environments, I absolutely hated living near the "Z" in South Korea, to damn hot and humid or cold and wet but, I adjusted.

Cliff, I don't know if you purchased or rented your new home but I suspect you'll either be moving when possible or looking into insulation.
Insulation is the key.

Ron
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, you dont happen to have those roof top ventilators?Those things are out dated.The problem with those things is,they were designed to ventilate the roof atic heat in the summer time,well it the winter time,if you have a jentle breeze they can turn your home into a refirgerator.By the way Im in souther California and the temperture last week was 20 degrees,the coldest Ive ever seen it get here.Im begining to beleave that the increased humidity caused by the depleation of the ozone layer is causeing winter months to become cooler (Global Cooling), and in the summer, hot and humid (Global Warming).
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
"It's just the weather" - but looks more like a trend to me... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/080560.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-06-2010).]

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Oddly enough to heat our townhome in the winter only get's us about a $50.00 bill from the gas company each month. We've been under 40 degrees all last month and down in the teens to twenties for the last 2 weeks.

Just got my bill, $70 for 49Ccf (incl. monthly $12.25 "customer charge").
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
It was frigid here this morning. At least as far as I'm concerned. It was 14F and got all the way up to 38F. I'm not built for the cold. I have no insulation. Didn't help that I was out in it every minute of the day today. But at least I get to do it again tomorrow. Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. Wah wah, b!tch b!thc, moan, moan. I still wanna talk to Al Gore about this whole global warming thing. I think he just made it up to get chicks.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
It seems to me that the "experts" who are actually willing enough to predict actual temperature numbers (ie average warmth change, not a daily temp) are about as accurate as the "experts" who repeatedly report on the day the world will end.

It's totally insulting when you see one of the "experts" showing the 100 year trend in some global change that they blame on mankind. Don't they someone back at the office telling them 'the emperor has no clothes'?

I do see some trending that has the potential for alarm. I find it hugely ironic that if the green movement had not been so anti-nuclear we wouldn't have relied on burning fossel fuels.

IF the increasing CO2 concentration in the atmosphere actually becomes an issue do you think there is a chance they will admit dealing with a small amount of highly radioactive waste would be much more manageable than the CO2 that has been released into the sky?

Top it off with the fact that when you burn coal, trace amounts of radioactive elements are also released in the atmosphere. Wacko mind numb group think ALWAYS loses against educated expert think.
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
It does get cold here in Wisconsin. As a kinda 'rule' I don't let myself think it's COLD until the temp is below 0. Having hosted 4 German, and 1 Lithuanian exchange high school students I have tried to let them on to this 'trick'. When I told the first German this thought he said he kinda felt the same way that it wasn't truely cold till the temp was below zero. I reminded him that MY below zero was a lot colder than HIS below zero.

btw, he turns 26 on Jan 1. He found out last week that he and his fiancee are expecting! They and I are quite excited!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I wish that global warming thing sped up a bit because the last few winters here in Holland have been the coldest in a long, long time. Today was only 23F but with the hard wind, it felt like 5F.

(

How's it this week down your way? http://uk.reuters.com/artic...dUSTRE6BI0WZ20101220

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

How's it this week down your way?

I've never seen so much snow in my life. I mean here in Holland. We got a feet of snow in just an hour or so. It was crazy.

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Everyone complains about the weather but none do anything about it.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Everyone complains about the weather but none do anything about it.

About all anyone could do is MOVE. But then they'd complain about something else...

Hurricanes if they moved to Florida
"Too hot" if they moved to Arizona
"Too much rain" if they moved to Seattle etc.

.... sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence - until you get there.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Last winter I was complaining hold cold it was. Well, summer isn't much better. So far, the summer here has been the coldest summer in recorded history! For instance, on July 24, temperature never got above 59F (normal average for this time of year: 74F) making July 24 the coldest summer day in recorded history.

Today will be the first day this summer with temps reaching 77F. It will probably also be the only day.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Really?
We're having record heat, here. Highs above 100 in some places. Supposed to make 97 or 98 in Atlanta today.
You're welcome to all you can take with you.

I had to wait until 8:00 PM to mow my lawn, yesterday. We actually got an hour of overcast, just before dark. Made it bearable.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-02-2011).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
Weather has bee nsimilar here, Cliff. Up until a week or two ago, that is. Now it's 75 day after day...we could use a day of rain right about now.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Surprised? Hottest July in 134 years is also second-wettest
Francis X. Donnelly/ The Detroit News

Everyone knows July was hot. In fact, it was the hottest July in Detroit in the 134 years the National Weather Service has been keeping track.

But did you notice all the rain? Because it also was the second-wettest July during that span.

The wettest was in 1878 with 8.76 inches of rain, the weather service reported Sunday. Detroit received 7.66 inches in July.

"I know it was hot," said Kelly McCann, 25, a Flat Rock school bus driver who was surprised to learn about the accompanying rain. "When wasn't it?"

The heat Sunday was one reason she was visiting MotorCity Casino, as much for the air conditioning as for a monthly promotion it was running.

Even a professional weather guy was caught unaware of all the precipitation in July.

"With everyone who lives around here running their sprinklers (all month), it was confusing to people," said Steve Freitag, a meteorologist at the weather service office in White Lake Township. "My perception is that it was dry."

Despite the rain, July will be remembered for its unrelenting heat.

The average temperature was 79.3 degrees, said Freitag. That broke the old mark of 79 in 1955 and 1921.

The heat will keep rolling into August. Today should reach 90 degrees, while Tuesday might get as high as 92, according to the weather service.

The rest of the week is expected to become cooler, with highs in the mid 80s. The thunderstorms of July also will leak into August. There's a 30 percent chance of rain today and Tuesday.

As Detroit bids farewell to July, here are some sweat-stained mementos from the month:

The first 100-degree day in 16 years (July 21).

The first seven-day heat wave in 17 years (July 17-23).

Fourteen days of temperatures in the 90s.

Perhaps the fondest memory of the month came the evening of July 14. That's when the thermometer reached its lowest point of the month, a positively frosty 58 degrees.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/...ettest#ixzz1Trj8fQol
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Gonna be 102 here today. Been on the plus side of 90 for weeks now.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

About all anyone could do is MOVE. But then they'd complain about something else...

Hurricanes if they moved to Florida
"Too hot" if they moved to Arizona
"Too much rain" if they moved to Seattle etc.

And all the above if they move to the Texas Gulf Coast. My kind of place!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I'll admit I'm looking forward to fall, I'm also looking forward to next spring. Summer and winter are not my favorite seasons. I'm just not into the extremes in temperature. Never have been. Been thinking about buying a four-wheeler with a snowplow, I've got a lot of concrete and absolutely hate shoveling snow. Yeah, I tend to plan ahead.

We tend to gripe about the cold, the heat, the wind, too much rain, not enough rain and just about anything else that doesn't suit our fancy. I think it's important to learn that there are some things in life we simply have to accept that we have to make do with what we given and be thankful it isn't worse. Plan for it, adjust our activities and make the best of the situation. Having said that, this thread is worthless without pictures of ladies in bikinis.

------------------
Ron

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
This'll have to do Ron--it was 102 that day.

3 of my grandkids)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

This'll have to do Ron--it was 102 that day.

3 of my grandkids)

Cute kids!

------------------
Ron

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Supposed to be 107 here today, yesterday was 105.

Warm even for August here.

Brad
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Had 113 on the thermometer (in the shade) yesterday at noon. Haven't had a measureable rainfall in over a month and none in the forcast. 109 forcasted for today. Forcasted to cool down to 100 by 11th of the month. The cracks in my yard so big that you have to be careful walking across it. Grass is dieing, trees are struggling

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 08-02-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
It's been pretty cool here. This is the first summer I can remember where I had to turn the furnace back on because it was getting too cold at night. Normally, I turn the furnace off in June, and I don't turn it back on until November. Not this year.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

This is the first summer I can remember where I had to turn the furnace back on

Same here. We had to turn on heating during the day for most of July. Haven't run the A/C a single time yet this year.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

it was 25 here this morning.. finally decent weather again. yay!

IN INDY?? That must be Celcius.

In West Lafayette, it's been close to 80 Fahrenheit by 10 am for days now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock