Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I Could Use Some Prayers/Good Vibes For My Daddy Right Now (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I Could Use Some Prayers/Good Vibes For My Daddy Right Now by whadeduck
Started on: 10-25-2010 09:56 AM
Replies: 79
Last post by: whadeduck on 03-02-2011 08:20 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
In Carlise, PA for the night. Onto Bath, NY in the morning. Exhausted. But much to do tomorrow. From the sounds of it, my daddy won't be here much longer.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

IP: Logged
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
So sad, hope you are doing OK and can remain strong for yourself and Dad. Take care and know that you have people you may have never met thinking of you. All my best.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear Whade. Prayers and vibes given. For your dad and you and your family.
We are not used to last moments and they are hard, but, they are last moments. Try to make the most of them. Accept the pain and appreciate it as a measure of love. Do not let it rob you from making the best of your time left. And don't give up. There may be more time than you think.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
In Bath, NY now. No access at the hospital. Spent the night next to my daddy just in case probably will tonight too. It won't be much longer. His breathing is very labored and aepnic (sp). my little brother was able to get the Red Cross to get him emergency leave to come here. He and his family will be here late tonight.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Hang in there Whade, dad will know if you are losing it and so will your little brother. Again more good vibes to him that he goes with as little pain as possible. And more to all your family. Losing a dad it hard for us guys.

Sorry to hear he is going so quickly, or maybe that is good, don’t know but good vibes to you all.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Again, thanks to everyone for the good vibes and prayers. My daddy's still holding on. but he's unresponsive and can't eat anything anymore. So now it's just a matter of keeping him comfortable. Part of me hope that he goes tonight so he doesn't suffer, although I don't believe he's in any pain. But there's still the illogical part of me that thinks that he could pull out of all of this. I know it's not possible though. my little brother got here in time for my daddy to still recognize him and I was able to let my older brother talk to him over speaker phone from Australia before he got really bad. I'm going to miss him so much.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
If you feel a something on your shoulder, that's all of us, standing behind you, with our virtual hand on your shoulder, comforting you right now...

May he pass peacefully.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

If you feel a something on your shoulder, that's all of us, standing behind you, with our virtual hand on your shoulder, comforting you right now...

May he pass peacefully.

Ditto, my he go peacefully and painlessly if he has to go.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Wadeduck.
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
"'Ere sin could blight or sorrow fade,
Death came with friendly care,
the opening bud to heaven conveyed,
and bade its blossom there."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Death is a release from the responsibilities of this life.

I am so sad for you, but I know things are going to be okay, and it is okay to grieve.

I lost my mom three years ago, and I still think about her every day. But the thoughts are slowly changing overtime from sad thoughts to nostalgia and remembering good times. It is a cliche, but a good one.

I am praying for you.

- Flamberge
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Whade, I feel your pain man i really do. When bringing my dad to the hospital yeaterday i found myself taking the longest ways to get there just to spend more time with him before he went in for his surgery. when we got there i was trying to hold myself back from tears as we walked into the waiting room to get him regestered. We all sat down and he said he knows he is going to be ok but if the worst should happen he said he was poud to have me and my little brother as sons and if he did go he could knowing he raised 2 great boys. When he was in the check in room before the operating room i watched him being wheeled away thinking this could very well be the last time i see my daddy again and part of me just wanted to scream dont do it. I'm willing to bet anything that the words my dad said to me would be the same words your dad would say to you and your's if he was able. Its trueley a sad thing to lose such a beloved family member who saw you and raised you from a pup.
My hopes and prayers are with you and your own. I thank god for giving my father the strengh to get through the operation and hopefuly he will grant your father the strengh to pull through his ordeal.

You never know. My grandfather looked like he was on his death bed god knows how amny times and the next day we come in and hes yelling at the nurses for getting his lunch order wrong. Stay strong my friend.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
At 5:15 this morning, my daddy passed. I'm just glad that we were able to be with him when the time came. We have to make arrangements at the funeral home today. I'll be spending another few days here to get things somewhat organized. Then I'll be carrying his ashes back with me to myrtle Beach. Once myself and my two brothers can get together, we'll decide what to do with his ashes. My daddy said he didn't have any preferrences. Again, thank you to everyone for the good vibes and prayers. He went peacefully and without pain.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

88GTV-8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

At 5:15 this morning, my daddy passed. I'm just glad that we were able to be with him when the time came. We have to make arrangements at the funeral home today. I'll be spending another few days here to get things somewhat organized. Then I'll be carrying his ashes back with me to myrtle Beach. Once myself and my two brothers can get together, we'll decide what to do with his ashes. My daddy said he didn't have any preferrences. Again, thank you to everyone for the good vibes and prayers. He went peacefully and without pain.

*Hug*
I am so very sorry for your loss. I am glad you were with him when it happened. My uncle is now going through the exact same thing, isn’t a candidate and doesn’t have a lot of time either.
I feel for you and yours right now, be strong and know that he loves you and he was not alone.
Take care *hug*

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Richard,

I understand how you feel right now. I lost my father about 18 months ago and it was a very difficult time for all of us. Life does go on but there will always be memories that surface when you least expect it. If you want to talk about it, give me a call.

Nelson

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I know it sounds trite but I sincerely mourn your loss. Your father is at peace now.

Please extend my condolences to your family.

You remain in my prayers.

As-Salāmu `Alaykum.......Peace be upon you.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Glad he went peacefully and without pain and if this is of any help it was worth posting.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
Mary Frye (1932)

I’ve been posting this poem to many times lately, but it has helped me get through some hard times and I hope others.

Steve
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Hang in there. Honor his memory and be the man he'd want you to be.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I am very sorry to hear of his passing. I know this is and will be a tough time for you. I lost my mom at the first of the year.
I know for me, having you guys on here to talk with helped me immensely. I only hope that we can help you the same.

87blackGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87blackGTSend a Private Message to 87blackGTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear of his passing. Hang in there. It might get a little rough but that's where friends and family (and this site) come into play.

It will be two years on Thanksgiving day that I lost my dad - and then five months later I lost my mom. Needless to say, I leaned on family and friends to get through it. My prayers are with you and your brothers.
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry for your loss. I'm glad he went peacefully.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'm sorry for your loss wade. But he had the pleasure of having his family with him when he went which is a rare comodety these days.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Sorry dude. At least he went peacefully and you were there.

Jim
fiero49

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero49Send a Private Message to fiero49Direct Link to This Post
So Sorry about the loss of your father, It was good you could be with him when he passed.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Sad for your loss. Take care..
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your loss.
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss. You were there for him. He went peacefully with family around him.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
My condolances and thoughts are with you.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
My condolences to you and your brothers, Whade.

Take comfort in the knowledge that he is free of the pain and the frailties of this world.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Will be getting back home tomorrow. It's been a long two weeks. Wished it would've ended up better. It hasn't quite hit me yet that he's gone. But I'm sure it will. Thanks everyone for all of the prayers and well wishes.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I'm ashamed to admit that I was purposely avoiding this thread. I was avoiding this thread because I always feel so bad after reading about people's friends, family, and yes, their pets dying.

Whade, I'm so sorry to read of your dad's passing. As I worked my way through this thread and realized the way it was going, tears began to fill my eyes. I've been through the death of a parent myself (my mom) and I know how much it hurts.

You have my most sincere condolences.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Today would've been my daddy's 67th birthday. There were parts of today that were difficult to get through. I still miss him terribly.

------------------
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Today would've been my daddy's 67th birthday. There were parts of today that were difficult to get through. I still miss him terribly.

I know you do. Been there.
Wish I could help.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

My mom passed away more than three years ago and I still think about her every day. All I can offer is that sometimes when I think about her it is happy memories that sneak in, not just dominated by sadness. I hope as time goes by more happiness replaces the sadness, if that makes sense.

Press onward, Whade, and make him proud to wait for you on the other side.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry Wade....I admit I avoided this thread/ topic beyond good thoughts for selfish reasons...I DONT GIVE hugs to dudes...........but for just this one time---all the best wishes man....
calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
Our condolences wadeduck. Our thoughts and prayers are with you also normsf.

Jane

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
After much delay through my daddy's estate, my daddy's ashes arrived at my house today. I'm glad he's with me now and safe. But then, I also realize that it's all I'll have left of the man who raised me. Kind of bittersweet.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
If I may say so, Whade...no, you are wrong. The only part of your father you no longer have is the flesh. His memory will live on in and with you. His blood is coursing through your veins right now. His genes are yours too, and all this he gave you with the true love of a good father.
Be strong, smile sometimes when you remember him (every day, no doubt, just as I remember my departed Mother). they are always by your side, even when they have passed away, offering advice and guidance, if you will listen to the tiny voice that is HIS, inside you.
God Bless, and my deep and sad condolences
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-02-2011).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nick. Had a moment alone with my daddy just now. It still hurts so much. It'll just take me time to process it. For the time being, he'll be up on my mantel where he can keep watch over me. Then when myself and my two brothers can get together, We'll make a decision whether to scatter his ashes somewhere or burry him in a national cemetary. He was a veteran.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay