Started on: 12-08-2009 05:42 AM
Replies: 119
Last post by: rogergarrison on 03-22-2011 10:08 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Danica announces she will be driving a Nationwide Series car in the 2010 season for JR Motorsports.

http://news.bostonherald.co...home&position=recent
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
<sigh>
DR650SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEDirect Link to This Post
Whatever she drives, I'll watch, but only cuz she's hot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Thatll work. Its the only reason I watch Indy cars. Also Milka too. Danica is doing Daytona testing soon, and plans to run the Daytona ARCA race too.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
not sure she will fit in very well
she is a very good oval racer, but she is also a very orderly & "rule of thumb" kind of driver. I dont think she will do well in the chaos of a Nascar restart. part of the "game" of Nascar racers is shaking up/intimidating the other drivers. she is way to easy to "set off".
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
The official announcement is supposed to be made in about an hour:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Danica Patrick will announce on Tuesday in Phoenix her decision to drive a part-time Nationwide Series schedule for JR Motorsports in 2010, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Monday.

GoDaddy.com, which is handling the announcement at an 1 p.m. ET press conference, sent out a media alert late Monday afternoon. A news release Tuesday said that Patrick and JR Motorsports co-owner and general manager Kelley Earnhardt would attend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/r...ews/story?id=4723006

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Size is equalled out sitting in a car. And her temper is right up there with Nascar boys like Kyle Bush. I really dont see her backing down to a guy that crashes her, she dont get intimidated.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Thatll work. Its the only reason I watch Indy cars. Also Milka too. Danica is doing Daytona testing soon, and plans to run the Daytona ARCA race too.

Only point to watching Milka is to see just how badly she can do, or who she'll take out with her WHEN she wrecks. I've watched them both in person, and at least Danica can drive. That said, the amount of attention she gets given her skill level is just ridiculous.

Like most open wheel drivers, she'll proably fail miserably in NASCAR, blame it on ______, and go back to indy cars full time.
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:
Like most open wheel drivers, she'll proably fail miserably in NASCAR, blame it on ______, and go back to indy cars full time.

True but I always wonder how much is due to driver skill and how much is the team and getting help from teammates and other drivers (can't have a non "good ol' boy" winning mentality). I can't imagine there is more driving skill involved in circling a loop in the same gear all day than there is in most open wheel racing, but that's just me I really can't get into watching Nascar and the like unless they are on a road course, just a matter of personal opinion I guess.

I'm sure I'm overstating the lack of skill of the Nascar drivers, just not to my taste and I don't understand how it got so popular.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
Somehow I was expecting to read that she drove over a mailbox or a fire hydrant or something
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I'm sure I'm overstating the lack of skill of the Nascar drivers, just not to my taste and I don't understand how it got so popular.

Becouse in the old days the tracks were simple to build, the spectators could see the whole race, & the whole shebang didn't require much realestate?

Just a guess.

P.S. I'm a fan.

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Have not been interested in any paved oval racing since Vukovich was killed in 1955,, then the interesting dirt tracks disapeared ,,& in my attemp to be world champion dirt flat track motorcycle racer, I hit the wall doing 60 mph,,bumer,(I sucked) lost interest ,But Danica put a little interest in this boring sport ,,Hope she wins ,, the only thing to make it better is if she wrestled one of the other girls

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 12-08-2009).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by uhlanstan: the only thing to make it better is if she wrestled one of the other girls

Preferably after removing their racing suits...
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
She weighs about 100 lbs, some say 105 and stands about 5' 2". IRL critics claimed she could go about 1 mph faster than the males because of her low weight. She isn't much smaller than Mark Martin who is 5' 6" and 135 lbs. Maybe that's why Mark drives so fast?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Driving in a 'circle' isnt exactly what it appears to be. Get with 40 other cars on a marked oval on glare ice and try driving in that circle at say 75 mph. Ive raced oval stock cars and thats very much what its like. In that every spectator can see the whole track in an oval race, I do like the occasional road race too. I think Nascar has a good balance in that regard.
Most non racers compare it to their driving experiences on the freeway where all the cars are usually easily under complete control.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Danica Patrick didn't make any new fans on Pole Day

http://sports.yahoo.com/nas...e-?urn=nascar,243036

As she exited her car after her first Indianapolis 500 pole day qualifying attempt on Saturday, Danica Patrick was frustrated.

Very frustrated.

So frustrated that she threw her crew under the bus. "This is the worst car I've ever had," she said, according to USA Today's Nate Ryan on Twitter. "There's no stability or grip. It's just scary, really scary ... It's awful, really awful. I think I'm still shaking." And when her comments were played over the track PA, she was booed.

“I wasn’t flat out the last two laps and I was scared to death flat on the first two. I’ve never been bad here before. I’ve never been outside the top 10 on a finish or qualifying, so, it’s not my fault. The car is not good.”

Danica Patrick being booed? What the heck?

Maybe Danica's candor -- or whining, as some may prefer -- is rubbing fans the wrong way. Danica has always been confident, and unafraid to tell it like she sees it. That makes her likeable to some, and unlikable to others.

However, there's a line that needs to be balanced when a car isn't up to a driver's expectations, and Danica's comments crossed that line. It's OK for her to be unhappy with the car, and it's ok for her to be disappointed with her qualifying run. Those are normal. But you don't say "it's not my fault."

Ever.

A driver should never draw the line between himself or herself and the crew. It's referred to as a team for a reason. "My crew screwed up on pit road" or any variation that implies a separation of driver and crew is always more demeaning than "We screwed up on pit road" or the like.

The sooner Danica learns that, the better, no matter how unhappy she is.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-22-2010).]

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I wonder if Danica might not be jumping the shark at this point.

She is no longer an unknown. She ran those few Nascar races earlier in the year, and really was not impressive at all. She has 86 starts in Indy Car now, and just 1 win to show for it. This year in Indy Car, she is 16th in the points standings, with her best finish being 12th.

When she burst on the scene, she was supposed to be the first female driver that was really a top talent, and would be able to win races and compete for wins with the top drivers of the sport. It's looking like she isn't anymore since it hasn't happened.

Maybe the folks at Indy just thought that throwing her team under the bus for what is looking like her own shortcomings as a driver wasn't appropriate.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
I always said she was a spoiled brat.
Looks like there are two girls faster than her, both rookies.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
She is not impressive at all. The only thing I can think off that interests you guys about her is she is a girl.
Why not just watch Baywatch?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

...The only thing I can think off that interests you guys about her is she is a girl...

Do we really need a better reason?
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Do we really need a better reason?

Given the amount of beauties readily viewable out there I really don't see the draw on one covered in a jumpsuit inside a car.

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I think the attraction is a little more than just that she is a girl since she is not the first female Indy driver.

The attraction was that she was a female driver that could challenge for the win, which was new.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Danica Patrick didn't make any new fans on Pole Day

http://sports.yahoo.com/nas...e-?urn=nascar,243036

As she exited her car after her first Indianapolis 500 pole day qualifying attempt on Saturday, Danica Patrick was frustrated.

Very frustrated.

So frustrated that she threw her crew under the bus. "This is the worst car I've ever had," she said, according to USA Today's Nate Ryan on Twitter. "There's no stability or grip. It's just scary, really scary ... It's awful, really awful. I think I'm still shaking." And when her comments were played over the track PA, she was booed.

“I wasn’t flat out the last two laps and I was scared to death flat on the first two. I’ve never been bad here before. I’ve never been outside the top 10 on a finish or qualifying, so, it’s not my fault. The car is not good.”

Danica Patrick being booed? What the heck?

Maybe Danica's candor -- or whining, as some may prefer -- is rubbing fans the wrong way. Danica has always been confident, and unafraid to tell it like she sees it. That makes her likeable to some, and unlikable to others.

However, there's a line that needs to be balanced when a car isn't up to a driver's expectations, and Danica's comments crossed that line. It's OK for her to be unhappy with the car, and it's ok for her to be disappointed with her qualifying run. Those are normal. But you don't say "it's not my fault."

Ever.

A driver should never draw the line between himself or herself and the crew. It's referred to as a team for a reason. "My crew screwed up on pit road" or any variation that implies a separation of driver and crew is always more demeaning than "We screwed up on pit road" or the like.

The sooner Danica learns that, the better, no matter how unhappy she is.

Nothing new there, except that she finally blurted out on the IRL / IMS PA system the same crap she's been whining over race control comm at every track I've listened to her at.
Add this to the fact that she is INCAPABLE of describing in accurate and precise detail *what* is wrong with the car, (if indeed anything actually is).
It's VERY "entertaining" listening to her complain over the radio for an entire race.
Like I've said before "Panica" takes some of the biggest sponsor money in the game, the best equipment money can buy and the best technical and race support in the business and consistantly runs middle of the pack.
NO RACECRAFT.
Simply a media phenomenon.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-23-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Nothing new there, except that she finally blurted out on the IRL / IMS PA system the same crap she's been whining over race control comm at every track I've listened to her at.
Add this to the fact that she is INCAPABLE of describing in accurate and precise detail *what* is wrong with the car, (if indeed anything actually is).
It's VERY "entertaining" listening to her complain over the radio for an entire race.
Like I've said before "Panica" takes some of the biggest sponsor money in the game, the best equipment money can buy and the best technical and race support in the business and consistantly runs middle of the pack.
NO RACECRAFT.
Simply a media phenomenon.

She has breasts.

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

She has breasts.

Technically. Milka Duno, well, another story entirely.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Technically. Milka Duno, well, another story entirely.

The Anti-Danica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXDEPrIr9I

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-23-2010).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

...covered in a jumpsuit inside a car.

Only while she's driving. Must be pretty hot wherever she stays when she'd not driving.

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts on Danica..

Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

There are some open wheel drivers who have had success in stock cars.

A.J. Foyt
Johnny Rutherford
Mario Andretti
Roger McCluskey
Parnelli Jones
Jeff Gordon
Ryan Newman
Tony Stewart
Kasey Kahne
Juan Pablo Montoya
Sam Hornish
A.J. Allmendinger
Ken Schrader
Andy Hillenburg
John Andretti
Jason Leffler
Mike Bliss
Kenny Irwin Jr.
Dave Blaney
J.J. Yeley

The ones that I can think of...I’m sure there are more

[This message has been edited by Bullet (edited 05-23-2010).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

not sure she will fit in very well
she is a very good oval racer, but she is also a very orderly & "rule of thumb" kind of driver. I dont think she will do well in the chaos of a Nascar restart. part of the "game" of Nascar racers is shaking up/intimidating the other drivers. she is way to easy to "set off".

She might learn to adjust.
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I have my own theory as to Danica's performance this year. Keep in mind this is just a theory. While I agree that Danica is a good middle of the pack driver, she has been doing uncaracteristicly awful this season.

On April 29, 2010 – Andretti Autosport announced it signed 2009 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport champion Adam Carroll to drive a limited schedule of IZOD IndyCar Series events in the second half of the 2010 season. They have not announced what car Adam will be driving.

Onto my theory...

I think that Andretti didn't think Danica's contract through completely and possibly left out some kind of clause about her driving in another series of racing. I think Michael might have expressed some displeasure with her about driving Nascar. She decided to do both and that ticked Michael off cause she wouldn't be devoting her full concentration on her IndyCar responsibilities. So to get even, they have been purposely sabotaging her cars setup. I think Andretti is looking for an excuse to pull her out of her car and put Adam in her seat. If she is not performing, Andretti has a excuse to pull her out.

I would not be surprised to see Adam take over Danica's seat full time next season.

I have been collection Danica stuff since 2005. My collection is impressive to say the least. Even though some of these cars may appear to be duplicates, They are all different and 6 of them are signed by Danica. I also have 3 other cars that are pre-ordered so they are not here yet.

Again, some of these cars and cards may look like duplicates but they are not. 3 of the Crads are signed.

Both mini helmets and both baseballs are signed.

This is just a small portion of my Danica stuff. I have every magazine she has been on the cover of. I have every driver/hero card. I have a checkered flag that is signed. I have several programs signed. I have a giant banner hanging in the garage and a bunch of other things i can't remember right now.

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

OOokkkkkkk.......a girl that hot with "go daddy" on her jacket.

I dont think I wanna know !! LMAO !

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Here's Milka with bawls in her hand

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Here's Milka with bawls in her hand

Tease!

Looks like Milka just may not be fast enough this year.
Sarah Fisher made it back on and Danica is in the middle of row eight, right behind Simona and Ana.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Me and Danica

Me and Milka

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
I was just about to call you Jimmy, cant have a Danica Patrick discussion without you in it. In all reality I dont follow racing, or Danica Patrick, or Milka whatever her name is at all. I really only opened this thread to see if you and Randye had posted in it yet so I could let you guys know haha.

-Joe
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Strictly on looks Milka dont hold a candle to Danica.

I dont think Andretti should have a problem if he wanted to just fire her... its his team, he can do what he wants anytime with it. He might have to honor a contract for so long or so much money, but he dont have to let her sit in the car ever again . In that situation, Id want to drive and would let the contract be broken so I could go to someone else and get to drive.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS---Oddly enough, I've collected a few Danica things, too. I currently have 3 pair of her underwear and a signed (by Danica herself) restraining order. Does that count?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

JimmyS---Oddly enough, I've collected a few Danica things, too. I currently have 3 pair of her underwear and a signed (by Danica herself) restraining order. Does that count?

LRH. Best post in thread.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock