Started on: 08-13-2009 09:06 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: tbone42 on 01-16-2011 12:26 AM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:

Ocho stinko tried to report Smith had signed on his twitter page, only for the team to say that he hasn't. What a clown.

Did you have fun at the game? Kyle Boller played well I heard.

Ravens kicked ass tonight, Flacco was hot - 22/28, 247 yards, and a TD. He would have had another TD if our rookie o-lineman wouldn't have had an illegal formation penalty. Flacco is going to have a great season if he stays healthy, his progression from this time last year has been phenomenal.

smith isnt looking bad either... the only thing im wondering about is if stover is gona come back... i hope he does, them other 2 clowns we got need to go.

IP: Logged
Black88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
smith isnt looking bad either... the only thing im wondering about is if stover is gona come back... i hope he does, them other 2 clowns we got need to go.

Troy Smith played OK, better than last game anyway. It's hard to tell in preseason though with all the scrubs playing.

Andre Smith signed today, 21 million guaranteed as its being reported with a team option after 2010 that could make it 29 million guaranteed. If my agent told me to agree to that, I'd tell himself to find a new client. Andre got screwed. I guess it isn't THAT bad, if he plays well for the next two seasons he'll make bank his third, but essentially he signed a deal less than the same pick from last year got. To me, it's this kind of stuff that ensures the Bengals continued failure in the National Football League.

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 08-30-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
/* flame suit on */

yes, because making 21million isnt enough for playing a sport you love

i get that they put their bodys on the line, etc etc, but seriously, i think they get paid WAY too much.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

/* flame suit on */

yes, because making 21million isnt enough for playing a sport you love

i get that they put their bodys on the line, etc etc, but seriously, i think they get paid WAY too much.

It's capitalism my friend. If thousands of people don't spend thousands a year on season tickets, and millions don't watch NFL games every weekend, the players wouldn't be getting paid squat. The fact is the money is there because people are willing to spend it, and in turn someone has to profit from it whether its the owners or the players. The owners get a lot of money, and it trickles down to the players. I don't have a problem with that.

It would be like if you were the best mechanic in the area, and you could generate tons of business for the dealership you work for because everyone knows it, but yet the dealership wants to pay you less than a guy who changes oil all day at Jiffy lube. Wouldn't make sense would it?
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Ocho stinko tried to report Smith had signed on his twitter page, only for the team to say that he hasn't. What a clown.

Did you have fun at the game? Kyle Boller played well I heard.

Ravens kicked ass tonight, Flacco was hot - 22/28, 247 yards, and a TD. He would have had another TD if our rookie o-lineman wouldn't have had an illegal formation penalty. Flacco is going to have a great season if he stays healthy, his progression from this time last year has been phenomenal.

I just wish Ochostinko would go away. I am soooo tired of his antics. Right before the kickoff, Chad goes to the north end zone and bows to the fans. In years past, it was all cheering. Thursday night, there was a few boo's mixed in and I was one of the boo's.

Had a good time at the game. Boller did play well, but turnovers killed the Bengals. Most of the people in our section were there. The 2 old guys that sits to our right were back. I'm glad, they are so much fun. It looks like the people in front of us turned their tickets in. The people in their seats were in dress clothes and were speaking German. I guess that means I will have Stooler fans in front of me when they come here.

Flacco's progress has been fast. It looks like a 3 team race in the AFC North this year.

As for the Smith signing, I think it was a victory for Mike Brown. I think Smith's agent knew he wasn't going to win and Smith told him to get something done.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BENGAL4:

I just wish Ochostinko would go away. I am soooo tired of his antics. Right before the kickoff, Chad goes to the north end zone and bows to the fans. In years past, it was all cheering. Thursday night, there was a few boo's mixed in and I was one of the boo's.

Had a good time at the game. Boller did play well, but turnovers killed the Bengals. Most of the people in our section were there. The 2 old guys that sits to our right were back. I'm glad, they are so much fun. It looks like the people in front of us turned their tickets in. The people in their seats were in dress clothes and were speaking German. I guess that means I will have Stooler fans in front of me when they come here.

Flacco's progress has been fast. It looks like a 3 team race in the AFC North this year.

As for the Smith signing, I think it was a victory for Mike Brown. I think Smith's agent knew he wasn't going to win and Smith told him to get something done.

That's funny that some fans are started to turn on him. With Chris Henry staying out of trouble ochostinko might be the #2 WR. Watching Hard Knocks he looks like he's lost a step. Just my opinion of course.

Flacco is a beast...it feels good to finally have a #1. According to the experts though we're going 8-8 because of a Flacco sophomore slump (haha).
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

That's funny that some fans are started to turn on him. With Chris Henry staying out of trouble ochostinko might be the #2 WR. Watching Hard Knocks he looks like he's lost a step. Just my opinion of course.

Flacco is a beast...it feels good to finally have a #1. According to the experts though we're going 8-8 because of a Flacco sophomore slump (haha).

Ochostinko is now getting YAC's. He never did that before. I don't know if he has lost a step or not. His mouth sure hasn't.

Now some more Bengal bad luck. Andre Smith has a fractured left foot, 48 hours after signing his contract. Par for the course. Fat and out of shape, give him millions and now he's out. Oh well.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Ochostinko is now getting YAC's. He never did that before. I don't know if he has lost a step or not. His mouth sure hasn't.

Now some more Bengal bad luck. Andre Smith has a fractured left foot, 48 hours after signing his contract. Par for the course. Fat and out of shape, give him millions and now he's out. Oh well.

I told you he was out of shape. I forget where I read it but they said 400 lbs. and climbing.

I guess the contract makes sense, but then I have to ask why would they draft someone they are almost expecting to have problems out of?
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

I told you he was out of shape. I forget where I read it but they said 400 lbs. and climbing.

I guess the contract makes sense, but then I have to ask why would they draft someone they are almost expecting to have problems out of?

He weighed in at 358 lbs. Before the draft, Bengals O-line coach Paul Alexander, went to Alabama and weighed Smith. He was at the weight the Bengals wanted, so they took him. After seeing video of him running the 40 at the combine with no shirt on, I thought there is no way anyone drafts this guy. Remember, they were talking about him being the first overall pick until he messed up him bowl game. There are some clauses in his contract that penalize him if he gets above a certain weight. I just hope he heals and doesn't eat himself out of the league.

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
well, games not over, but lm sure on this.

score is 17-3ravens 6:20left in the 4th, and we just intercepted, i think its safe to say

w00t, perfect preseason!
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

well, games not over, but lm sure on this.

score is 17-3ravens 6:20left in the 4th, and we just intercepted, i think its safe to say

w00t, perfect preseason!

In 1971, the Bengals coming off of their first playoff appearence, went 6-0 in the preseason. They then won their opener against the Eagles. After that, they lost the next 7 games and finished 4-10. In the Colts Super Bowl season they went 0-4 in the preseason. With that said, I don't get too worked up before the games count.

Last night, The Bengals scrubs beat the Colts scrubs, 38-7. I just hate paying full price to see second string players the whole game. I guess it could be worse. My dad had to pay for 3 preseason games and I only get 2.

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 09-04-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

He weighed in at 358 lbs. Before the draft, Bengals O-line coach Paul Alexander, went to Alabama and weighed Smith. He was at the weight the Bengals wanted, so they took him. After seeing video of him running the 40 at the combine with no shirt on, I thought there is no way anyone drafts this guy. Remember, they were talking about him being the first overall pick until he messed up him bowl game. There are some clauses in his contract that penalize him if he gets above a certain weight. I just hope he heals and doesn't eat himself out of the league.

To me a guy like that is a time bomb waiting to explode. I just don't think he has the mentality to play in the NFL. Talent/athleticism will only get you so far. The Ravens also drafted a tackle in the first round, Michael Oher, and he has been unbelievable in camp. Terrell Suggs said he's never seen a rookie in better shape. He's been nothing but class since day one. IMO, the Bengals would have been better served with a guy like him. He was ready out of the box to start and you know you won't have any issues in the future.

In 1971, the Bengals coming off of their first playoff appearence, went 6-0 in the preseason. They then won their opener against the Eagles. After that, they lost the next 7 games and finished 4-10. In the Colts Super Bowl season they went 0-4 in the preseason. With that said, I don't get too worked up before the games count.

Last night, The Bengals scrubs beat the Colts scrubs, 38-7. I just hate paying full price to see second string players the whole game. I guess it could be worse. My dad had to pay for 3 preseason games and I only get 2.

I agree to a certain extent. However, this preseason really showed the depth the Ravens have, especially at RB and D-line. Our d-line is scary deep, and any one of our FIVE rb's would start on the Browns right now, and our top three would start on the Bengals as well. Depth is an important thing to have in the NFL, and ours is a product of a solid scouting department and front office.

Also, my friend pointed out that if the Ravens looked bad and went 0-4, people would be freaking out. But when we do well, people say it's only preseason (haha). FWIW, I'd rather them look as good as they did and go 4-0 than look bad and go 0-4!

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 09-05-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
and dont forget, the last time we had a perfect preseason was 2000.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

That's true...

Bill what are you hearing about Carson's ankle?
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

That's true...

Bill what are you hearing about Carson's ankle?

He will start. If this had been the regular season, he would have played.

As for Andre Smith, I agree with you, he doesn't have the maturity that I would like someone to have if I was giving them millions of dollars. I hope he doesn't turn into a bust.

HARD KNOCKS SPOILER.
Well, the final cuts have come and gone. Running backs, Brian Leonard and Dee Dee Dorsey both made the club. Dee Dee had a punt block for a TD and I think that did it for him. On the defensive side, safety's Tom Nelson made it while Corey Lynch was cut. Cris Pressley, one of the fullbacks, was brought back on the practice squad.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

BENGAL4

1137 posts
Member since Jul 99

I agree to a certain extent. However, this preseason really showed the depth the Ravens have, especially at RB and D-line. Our d-line is scary deep, and any one of our FIVE rb's would start on the Browns right now, and our top three would start on the Bengals as well. Depth is an important thing to have in the NFL, and ours is a product of a solid scouting department and front office.

Also, my friend pointed out that if the Ravens looked bad and went 0-4, people would be freaking out. But when we do well, people say it's only preseason (haha). FWIW, I'd rather them look as good as they did and go 4-0 than look bad and go 0-4!

I was pleased with the Bengals preseason overall. The defense is improved and it looks like the offense wil go are far as the o-line takes it. One player that impressed me was RB Bernard Scott. He won the Div II Heisman last year. He reminds me alot of the old Bengals RB James Brooks. He hits the hole hard and he has blazing speed.

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. And 0-16 in the regular season. Preseason means absolutely NOTHING.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AntiKev:

The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. And 0-16 in the regular season. Preseason means absolutely NOTHING.

I disagree. I'm not saying preseason wins can be used to predict regular season success, but like I already said, I'd rather go 4-0 and look good than 0-4 and look bad.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000

I was pleased with the Bengals preseason overall. The defense is improved and it looks like the offense wil go are far as the o-line takes it. One player that impressed me was RB Bernard Scott. He won the Div II Heisman last year. He reminds me alot of the old Bengals RB James Brooks. He hits the hole hard and he has blazing speed.

I agree with the o-line. Carson is a pocket passer, he moves like he has concrete in his shoes. If you can keep him upright he'll kill you, but with that o-line I don't think it's going to be pretty this year.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

I agree with the o-line. Carson is a pocket passer, he moves like he has concrete in his shoes. If you can keep him upright he'll kill you, but with that o-line I don't think it's going to be pretty this year.

Even though there are 3 new starters on the O-line and 1st round pick Andre Smith on the sidelines, the Bengals O-line is improved over last season. the biggest improvement is at center. Last yearsw center, Eric Ghuichec, was terrible. On every play it seemed like he was pushed 2-3 yards into the backfield and he was the reason Carson got hurt against the Giants last season, The new center, Kyle Cook, is physical and intelligent. He is responsible for making all of the line adjustments during the game. As for Carson having concrete in his shoes, that a pretty dead on comment. I wish he was more mobile.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Even though there are 3 new starters on the O-line and 1st round pick Andre Smith on the sidelines, the Bengals O-line is improved over last season. the biggest improvement is at center. Last yearsw center, Eric Ghuichec, was terrible. On every play it seemed like he was pushed 2-3 yards into the backfield and he was the reason Carson got hurt against the Giants last season, The new center, Kyle Cook, is physical and intelligent. He is responsible for making all of the line adjustments during the game. As for Carson having concrete in his shoes, that a pretty dead on comment. I wish he was more mobile.

Yea I remember hearing the Bengal fans bitching about Ghuichec. He was really bad, Ngata was killing him especially in that second game at Cincy.

Another lucky Steeler win last night, they better play better than that against us.
PFF
System Bot
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Yea I remember hearing the Bengal fans bitching about Ghuichec. He was really bad, Ngata was killing him especially in that second game at Cincy.

Another lucky Steeler win last night, they better play better than that against us.

Didn't you like Hines Ward's face after he fumbled on the 5 yard line with the game on the line. The Titans gave that game away. A missed FG from inside the 40 and a blocked one too. I wonder how bad Troy Polamolu is hurt. I know I didn't spell his name right. lol
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post

Why, so the Ravens will lose?

I think it was more the two premier teams in the AFC pummeling each other and now both are bruised up a little to give the rest of the AFC a chance. Remember the Titans beat the Steelers last year in the regular season.

I however was surprised how effective the Steelers no-huddle offense was, and how poor their running game was. Willie Parker was benched for most of the 2nd half....

And Polamalu is out three to six weeks. Madden curse??? Wonder if Larry Fitzgerald is sweating bullets now....

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 09-11-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kslish:

Why, so the Ravens will lose?

I think it was more the two premier teams in the AFC pummeling each other and now both are bruised up a little to give the rest of the AFC a chance. Remember the Titans beat the Steelers last year in the regular season.

I however was surprised how effective the Steelers no-huddle offense was, and how poor their running game was. Willie Parker was benched for most of the 2nd half....

And Polamalu is out three to six weeks. Madden curse??? Wonder if Larry Fitzgerald is sweating bullets now....

The Steelers O-line had better improve or Big Ben will be history. Also, no running game as of yet. Still the World Champions found a way to win. Thats why they are the Champs until someone knocks them off.

Polamalu's injury looked like it could have been alot worse. Good thing he is flexible.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

The Steelers O-line had better improve or Big Ben will be history. Also, no running game as of yet. Still the World Champions found a way to win. Thats why they are the Champs until someone knocks them off.

Polamalu's injury looked like it could have been alot worse. Good thing he is flexible.

Their running game is terrible, mainly because the run blocking left a lot to be desired. Half the time guys were in the backfield as the ball was being handed off. Unlike most people I don't think you need a great running game to win, just one decent enough to keep teams guessing. They need to improve for sure, but the Titans have a solid defense.

I still think Troy's injury is worse than what is being reported. They announced the injury and time frame without even having an MRI? Seems fishy to me.

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 09-12-2009).]

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
woot woot! 1-0!!!! go flacco!!!
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Oh yea, Chiefs brought their A game but no way were they coming out of that stadium with a W.

Bill - my condolences. What a shitty way to lose a game. What the hell happened with the offense? They could only put up 7 on a terrible Broncos D at home? I was shocked by that.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Oh yea, Chiefs brought their A game but no way were they coming out of that stadium with a W.

Bill - my condolences. What a shitty way to lose a game. What the hell happened with the offense? They could only put up 7 on a terrible Broncos D at home? I was shocked by that.

Thanks Jeff.
Shitty way to win is putting it mildly. No way it should get to that point. No running game. Dropped passes. Laverne Coles had 3 himself. Botched snap on a FG attempt. It was pathetic.

I had a Broncos fan sitting in front of me. The guy was a jerk. I finally had to tell him to turn around and watch the game, I wasn't interested in his comments.

Oh well, life as a BUNGLES fan. I'm used gto it.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Jeff.
Shitty way to win is putting it mildly. No way it should get to that point. No running game. Dropped passes. Laverne Coles had 3 himself. Botched snap on a FG attempt. It was pathetic.

I had a Broncos fan sitting in front of me. The guy was a jerk. I finally had to tell him to turn around and watch the game, I wasn't interested in his comments.

Oh well, life as a BUNGLES fan. I'm used gto it.

I never knew Coles to be a guy that had the dropsies, on the Bengals forum they said he had FOUR! I couldn't believe that. At least Benson scored he kinda salvaged my fantasy day.

I know how you feel - I had a Chiefs fan sitting a few rows behind me, him and his stupid girlfriend. When the Chiefs were making it close he kept yelling "D. BOWE!!" as loud as he possibly could. So anyway after the Ravens put the nail in the coffin, for some reason Croyle started running the no huddle down 14 points with 45 seconds left. He hit Bowe with two consecutive passes, so my friend and I kept mocking him yelling "yeeaaa! D. Bowe baby!" He just sat there with a stupid look on his face until some big drunk Ravens fans yelled "get the f' outta our house!" and everyone in our section laughed at him. I don't really talk **** to opposing fans unless they act like jackasses. That guy was a jackass.

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 09-14-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

I never knew Coles to be a guy that had the dropsies, on the Bengals forum they said he had FOUR! I couldn't believe that. At least Benson scored he kinda salvaged my fantasy day.

I know how you feel - I had a Chiefs fan sitting a few rows behind me, him and his stupid girlfriend. When the Chiefs were making it close he kept yelling "D. BOWE!!" as loud as he possibly could. So anyway after the Ravens put the nail in the coffin, for some reason Croyle started running the no huddle down 14 points with 45 seconds left. He hit Bowe with two consecutive passes, so my friend and I kept mocking him yelling "yeeaaa! D. Bowe baby!" He just sat there with a stupid look on his face until some big drunk Ravens fans yelled "get the f' outta our house!" and everyone in our section laughed at him. I don't really talk **** to opposing fans unless they act like jackasses. That guy was a jackass.

I told the jerk in front of me that " I pay too much for these seats, to have to listen to you". The sad thing is, the seat he was sitting in, used to be part of our section family. They had 6 seats and it was a doctor who owned them. We watched his son grow into a young man over the last few years. With the Bengals being so putrid last year, he gave his seats up. Now that means I will have 6 Stooler fans sitting in front of me at the next home game. Lovely

[This message has been edited by BENGAL4 (edited 09-14-2009).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
We can't let this thread die.
PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Hello no...sorry I've been working two jobs and literally haven't had time to do anything the last three days!

Anyway, that's a shame about those seats. As these tough economic times continue I don't know if there will ever be a day I can afford season tickets. With Flacco it's looking like we won't have a down year anytime soon, so the prices will stay high. I'm the biggest Ravens fan there is but I have mouths to feed, gotta set priorities. I usually can score free tickets somehow so it's all good

So how do you like the Bengals chances this week? I feel bad for you guys, the analysts are back to calling them the Bungles. I figured with a franchise QB everything else usually falls into place, I think the lack of free agents are killing them.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Hello no...sorry I've been working two jobs and literally haven't had time to do anything the last three days!

Anyway, that's a shame about those seats. As these tough economic times continue I don't know if there will ever be a day I can afford season tickets. With Flacco it's looking like we won't have a down year anytime soon, so the prices will stay high. I'm the biggest Ravens fan there is but I have mouths to feed, gotta set priorities. I usually can score free tickets somehow so it's all good

So how do you like the Bengals chances this week? I feel bad for you guys, the analysts are back to calling them the Bungles. I figured with a franchise QB everything else usually falls into place, I think the lack of free agents are killing them.

I pay $1300.00 per season for 2 seats. With my kids grown, I can afford the cost plus I umpire during the spring and summer to help pay for them. I guess I have kept the seats all these years out of tradition. My dad purchased them in 1970 and I took over in 1988. Just remember, you can always score a free ticket here for the game in Novemeber.

You know, I used to get mad when I heard the name Bungles. I'm just numb to it now. It seems like all the bad luck and bounces happen to them,

I hope I see a better preformance from them this week. If they lose and go into the Stooler game, 0-2, 0-3 looks like a real possibilty. If that happens, I think Marvin Lewis is on the hot seat.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

I pay $1300.00 per season for 2 seats. With my kids grown, I can afford the cost plus I umpire during the spring and summer to help pay for them. I guess I have kept the seats all these years out of tradition. My dad purchased them in 1970 and I took over in 1988. Just remember, you can always score a free ticket here for the game in Novemeber.

You know, I used to get mad when I heard the name Bungles. I'm just numb to it now. It seems like all the bad luck and bounces happen to them,

I hope I see a better preformance from them this week. If they lose and go into the Stooler game, 0-2, 0-3 looks like a real possibilty. If that happens, I think Marvin Lewis is on the hot seat.

See I could afford the yearly ticket cost, it's the bullshit PSL's I can't afford. For decent seats you are looking at at least 6 grand up front. Believe me I wish I could come up for November, I still might try, every year guaranteed that game falls on my drill weekend, and since we are getting deployed they aren't letting us off for anything!

For your sake I hope they perform better as well. I am surprised at their offense, Denver has a terrible running defense and they couldn't capitalize. I think that o-line is their down fall.

I don't think Marvin gets fired, Mike Brown is too cheap to allow that to happen.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

See I could afford the yearly ticket cost, it's the bullshit PSL's I can't afford. For decent seats you are looking at at least 6 grand up front. Believe me I wish I could come up for November, I still might try, every year guaranteed that game falls on my drill weekend, and since we are getting deployed they aren't letting us off for anything!

For your sake I hope they perform better as well. I am surprised at their offense, Denver has a terrible running defense and they couldn't capitalize. I think that o-line is their down fall.

I don't think Marvin gets fired, Mike Brown is too cheap to allow that to happen.

$6000.00 for a PSL? WOW. My PSL cost mee $300.00 per seat in 2000. My seats are in the north endzone in the lower section. Not too high or not too low.

I don't think the O-line did a bad job, the offense just kept making critical mistakes. Dropped passes on 3rd down, holding on a 21 yard rushing gain, off interference on a 23 yard pass for 1st down (Ohcostinko), INT on Denver's 20 yard line etc. Carson was sacked 3 times, but 1 was the lines fault. RB's not picking up the blitz. I feel they will play better this week, but Vegas has them a 9 point underdog and those guys know their bussiness pretty well. We will see.

Mike Brown will not fire Marvin because of loyalty, not for being cheap. He hates to fire a coach because of how his father was fired at Cleveland. He tends too keep a coach too long. David Shula should have been fired after season 2. Bruce Coslet resigned after the Ravens whipped them 35-0.

As I have said before, you have a ticket for the Bengals-Ravens in Cincinnati as long as I have my seats. One year i know you will make it. I just hope when it happens, you have a long ride home.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Yea PSL's are ridiculous. They were sold to Baltimore as a way to cover the cost of Art Modell's move, but yet that was almost 14 years ago and the prices have increased twentyfold. In 1996 my uncle paid $350 per PSL for his seats, now you could sell them on the open market for at least five grand a piece, probably more like seven grand a piece now that the savior has come (haha).

I didn't see the game, just the big highlight of the fluke TD catch. I still find it hard to believe they only put up seven points on that Denver defense, they cannot stop the run and obviously the Bengals couldn't run it on them. To me that says its either o-line, ball carrier, scheme, or a combination of the three.

I'll definitely make it up next year - my enlistment is up in September!

p.s. Go Ravens!

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
w00t w00t! we win again!!!
GO POE!!!
{img]http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/baltimore-ravens-quot-plush-mascot-3367996.jpg[/img]
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
fixed it.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the big win Bill. It was funny, I was watching NFL network and they were running through the games to give their predictions, they barely talked about the Cincy/GB game they just said "oh yea the Bengals have no chance" and moved right on. I thought it showed how little they know about football, the Bengals are one of those frisky teams that can put up some points and have a decent outing every now and again.
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

Congrats on the big win Bill. It was funny, I was watching NFL network and they were running through the games to give their predictions, they barely talked about the Cincy/GB game they just said "oh yea the Bengals have no chance" and moved right on. I thought it showed how little they know about football, the Bengals are one of those frisky teams that can put up some points and have a decent outing every now and again.

Thanks Jeff. The Bengals defense was AWESOME. In reality they only gave up 10 points, 3 in the second half. Carson's INT's provided the rest. Green Bay never got in synch the whole day. Our new rookie linbacker, Rey Malaluga, caused a fumble in the 4th quarter and that was it. Winning @ Lambeau Field is very difficult, like winning in Baltimore.

As for your Ravens, I thought Ray Ray killed Sproles on that 4th & 2. I guess he is not too old after all. Good win for your birds and 1st place in the AFC North with the Stoolers loss.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock