Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Boondawg Again Again Begin-Again. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Boondawg Again Again Begin-Again. by Boondawg
Started on: 07-19-2010 09:53 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: Black Lotus on 07-28-2010 06:31 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Probably sitting in a deck chair somewhere, watching his kite fly while being hand fed fresh strawberries and orange slices by a bikini clad female.
IP: Logged
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Maybe reality set in, and he ran screaming back to Alaska.......
It's a long way to Alaska....he probably hasn't made it back yet. Give him time.
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
**** the haters Boonie. We pay $1750 a month rent, and my wife wants to move to an even more expensive Zip code. Thing is, she has the job that pays the money, so she can pay whatever she wants to live where you want. Sure, you can go live in a refrigerator box out in Montana for like, nothing! But is that living? I think it is a good thing to make sure your ladies are all taken care of, be it beds for them to lay their heads to big ass TV's to keep them entertained, so be it. You are a man, and you will do what you have to do to make the paper to pay it off.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Boonie, I really hope I/we didn't upset you. At least not bad enough for you to disappear. : (

Brad
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Boonie, I really hope I/we didn't upset you. At least not bad enough for you to disappear. : (

Brad

The guy packs up his life and treks across a country with little more than his balls and a toothbrush. What others say probably don't bug him.

He is probably out looking for a job or shaving his legs and heading to the truck stop.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Dats better than shaving his balls and heading for the truck stop.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Dats better than shaving his balls and heading for the truck stop.

You know from that earlier thread that he keeps em shaved .

That poor truckstop don't know what hit it.

Brad

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Something is wrong ,really really wrong when we start talking about Boonie's Balls.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Something is wrong ,really really wrong when we start talking about Boonie's Balls.

Or is something really really right? huh, huh!??

Brad
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Maybe he got a job and is so tired that after Mrs. BD is done with him, he has no energy left for us common folk.
Maybe the next time we see him he will be standing next to Bill Gates at the podium (he is in Washington, right?), introducing the next whizz-bang killer app.
And we will be able to say "We knew him when...."
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Lotus:

Won't help much. He has to go thru HR.

But he can help navigate the direction.

Most jobs are filled this way, rather than cold in.

PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

$1100 a month.

------------------

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Can you teach me how to dougie?
Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Most jobs are filled this way, rather than cold in.

I keep hearing this from non-Boeing people all the time.
And have posed this question (repeatedly ) to management.
And get the same answer--"we get what HR sends us."
Once a person is hired in, and have been working awhile,.management has a great influence on a persons job and job location (career).
Mind you, this is from my own narrow point of view, maybe the policies at the Spares Distribution Center or Auburn Fab are different.
But I doubt it.
If Boonie's forte is computer repair or computer setup and installation, Boeing has contractors that do that job. Next week these guys are going to reposess some old CATIA V4 machines from our area, and if I see them, I'll ask who they work for.
The 737 production rate will ramp up later this year and will need more bodies. Maybe thats an opening there.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I just got cable & internet hooked up 15 minutes ago.
Been a week without it in a quiet apartment.
I now have to run out and buy a new wireless router, some cables, splitters, etc.
I will post then.

P.S. I did not take offense at other's opinion of my money desisions as of late.

I HAVE been having crippling panic attacks myself, over this whole thing.
I can't eat, sleep, or even go outside without breaking into cold sweats & throwing up.
I can't figure out the exact cause for it.............separated from the land I grew from, my old way of life, new job prospects, stranger in a strange land, mounting debt, starting over at 50?

It is really messing me up, though.
I'll post more later.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Boon, your stronger then that. I have confidence you will pull throw.

Now eat a teaspoon of concrete and harden up, now is not the time to get weak.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:
Now eat a teaspoon of concrete and harden up, now is not the time to get weak.

Having sex won't answer all his questions, but may allow him to forget them for a while........

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Having sex won't answer all his questions, but may allow him to forget them for a while........

Eating concrete makes you horny?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Lotus:

I keep hearing this from non-Boeing people all the time.

Ok!

So how did you get in and how many people do you know at Boeing who are either related or know somebody who helped shoed them in? Yes there is standard protocols through HR, and the hiring decisions are made by HR, but I know that people on the inside can phone HR for recomendations to be hired or get somebody on top of the applicant stack. That happens all the time.

Some people are cold in but many get help from the inside. That is a fact.

Just like most all job openings posted on job sites or classifieds are already filled before they even post it. It's an EEO thing.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Just like most all job openings posted on job sites or classifieds are already filled before they even post it. It's an EEO thing.

That is a fact as I know it. Looking back I have never had a "real" job that was not created by whom I knew. Plenty of factory, low-paying jobs, but the good, high paying ones I was placed in because of friends.

Brad

Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, after nearly 20 years there, don't know, for sure, of any people that were placed there by a relative.
When I first got there, there was always stories about such-and-such. But haven't heard stories like that for a long, long time now.
It's possible tho.....
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I HAVE been having crippling panic attacks myself, over this whole thing.
I can't eat, sleep, or even go outside without breaking into cold sweats & throwing up.
I can't figure out the exact cause for it.............separated from the land I grew from, my old way of life, new job prospects, stranger in a strange land, mounting debt, starting over at 50?

It is really messing me up, though.
I'll post more later.

Boonie, just relax, take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. You WILL be okay. I'm sure that EVERYTHING you listed as stressors are the cause for your sleeplessness and loss of appetite. But you will get over it...you will find a job...and after a while, you will start to "fit in" and find a routine. Just don't let it get to you...all that will do is make things seem worse.

Just keep hitting the job sites on the web....check with the state employment office. Put up ads in the local grocery store, etc., for computer repair. Check the want ads in the papers. Something will pop up, just when you least expect it.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Boonie, just relax, take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. You WILL be okay. I'm sure that EVERYTHING you listed as stressors are the cause for your sleeplessness and loss of appetite. But you will get over it...you will find a job...and after a while, you will start to "fit in" and find a routine. Just don't let it get to you...all that will do is make things seem worse.

Yup, right you are.
I started thinking about how nice a Valuim or Zanix would probibly take the edge off the stress.
But not having a Doctor (or even know where the hospital is yet), I am looking for natural remidies.
So just to check out my theroy, I took a Benedril.

It really helped, but just a bit.
But that bit was like tons.

I know I will get over it eventually, but to be able to relieve some of this paralizing stress as I attempt to get on about the business of getting-on, is a great gift.
Just need to find something calming, other the Benedril.
Sleeeeeeeeepy.

For those that are lovingly thinking i'm a pussy, remember, I never been nowhere new or done nothing new for 45 years.
It's like being born into a strange new world.

I have found out (sadly) that i'm not as large & full of myself when faced with the unknown as I was at say age 20, when I could jump right in, guns blazzing, needle running in the red, non-stop confident...............

But I'm betting on me for the long-haul win.
Ofcourse, it's the only betting window open, so there you go!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
There's your problem. No redline, no guns blazing, no jumping right in. Why not? You're only 50. At 48, Jane & I did what you are doing, sold everything, moved accross 2 states, to a town I picked out on a map. Took her 2 weeks to find a waitress job, me 2 more weeks to talk my way into a machinist trainee job and I had never been a machinist--always a mechanic electrician or welder before that.

Load up the Navy Colts and
Go get em..
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2010 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Boonie. All the effort being made to 'get on and get in' seems to be unilateral. Is that because you choose not to mention what the other members of your family are doing, or are they sitting waiting for you to hold the door open? I hope they are making efforts to back you up, and help, but from your posts it would appear you are the only one bearing the burden. If I am wrong, please don't take this as insulting your family; more of an enquiry as to what back-up you have? And...if you choose to shoulder ALL the stress, to protect THEM from it...you are taking on too much, IMHO. I truly don't mean this as an insult, but am curious as to what they are doing to help?
Nick
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Boonie. All the effort being made to 'get on and get in' seems to be unilateral. Is that because you choose not to mention what the other members of your family are doing, or are they sitting waiting for you to hold the door open? I hope they are making efforts to back you up, and help, but from your posts it would appear you are the only one bearing the burden. If I am wrong, please don't take this as insulting your family; more of an enquiry as to what back-up you have? And...if you choose to shoulder ALL the stress, to protect THEM from it...you are taking on too much, IMHO. I truly don't mean this as an insult, but am curious as to what they are doing to help?
Nick

My Wife is shouldering the brunt of the people/paperwork while I am putting the physical in place.
Just us prepping for the other 2's arrival.

My Wife has been the rock.
She is upbeat & excited.
I'm the one that has been a wreck.

I'm just feeling very frightened, I think.
I'm sure it will pass.

Mental acclumation?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Mental acclumation?

You're not equipped.

Really Boonie, you are worrying about the small stuff. In the end people like you are survivors. Instead of worrying, just go and "do". You will be fine. I'll never get to meet you, but you will be fine. [/guilt trip]

Brad
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I'm so glad, and at the same time not surprised , that you aren't on your own in setting things up....'Fight or flight' so often goes the 'flight' way, when we face traumas on our own
Still wishing you all a wonderful, happy outcome...and SOON!! Good luck,Boonie and Co!!
Nick
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Mental acclumation?

No. Fear.
Fear of the unknown.
What is gonna happen is gonna happen. Just do your best and the worst can't happen.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage. ~Marvin Kitman

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid. ~Franklin P. Jones
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

No. Fear.
Fear of the unknown.
What is gonna happen is gonna happen. Just do your best and the worst can't happen.

Never have I known the worst to happen--to anyone. Never. No matter how bad things get--there's always a worse scenario possible and waiting in the wings--always.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Never have I known the worst to happen--to anyone. Never. No matter how bad things get--there's always a worse scenario possible and waiting in the wings--always.

True.
Dead is bad, but going to hell is even worse.
But what's worse then hell?
Culture Club?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-27-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
We all die, so that cannot be considered worst case scenario. Die in your sleep peacefully--or die burning in a house fire? Or die from burns recieved in that fire a day at a time over a painful period of 6 months? There is no worst--just worse and more worse.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

We all die, so that cannot be considered worst case scenario. Die in your sleep peacefully--or die burning in a house fire? Or die from burns recieved in that fire a day at a time over a painful period of 6 months? There is no worst--just worse and more worse.

Boy, you really know how to coddle a whiner!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
it's all relative. Murphy may have a free hand in the scheme of things--but he don't rule.
BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like someone needs to lite up a big olde FATTIE, get laid and have a good nights sleep.... BBTs

Hang in there buddy!!
Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post
FWIW-
Contractor guy packing my CATIA machine out of the cube works for RMS. Based out of New York.

This is at Boeing Renton.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock