Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Commodore Computers Makes A Comeback (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Commodore Computers Makes A Comeback by IMSA GT
Started on: 05-31-2010 11:58 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Nurb432 on 06-06-2010 10:12 AM
AlanD

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlanDSend a Private Message to AlanDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I will have to look for it, but i had plans for a simple ST->VGA adapter.

I appreciate it but I was talking about my Atari 800XL. It seems to be working ok at the moment but who knows? It could die tomorrow so I think I will start trying to round up a spare. I had a spare but wouldn't you know it - it comes up with a huge number of bad blocks on the RAM test.
IP: Logged
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, thats a name from the past!

I miss my Amiga 500, and Atari 2600 before that!

Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AlanD:

I appreciate it but I was talking about my Atari 800XL. It seems to be working ok at the moment but who knows? It could die tomorrow so I think I will start trying to round up a spare. I had a spare but wouldn't you know it - it comes up with a huge number of bad blocks on the RAM test.

Ah.. 8bit Well i have seen composite to VGA devices somewhere .. I need to get one of them myself.

I had an old VCR that would had both RGB and composite but its long since dead. Still have a composite to RGB in the garage somewhere that i used to use with an old IBM 17P monitor, until it literally caught fire. ( the adapter is not too useful today, but still worth keeping as a collectors piece )
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Move up to a 130XE.. More ram!! Faster processor speeds... suckier keyboard!! lol Oh yeah, and a pita to get the cartridges into it since the slot is on the top and behind the keyboard!!

------------------

Eagle Kammback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eagle KammbackSend a Private Message to Eagle KammbackDirect Link to This Post
My ENgineering teacher last year, his first project was to design the casing for the Commodore 64, I've always wanted one, but for now, I'll stick with my Tandy 1000 TL
AlanD

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlanDSend a Private Message to AlanDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amethyst:

Move up to a 130XE.. More ram!! Faster processor speeds... suckier keyboard!! lol Oh yeah, and a pita to get the cartridges into it since the slot is on the top and behind the keyboard!!

The keyboard is why I never have. I love the older keyboards. The XEs are too mushy. My 800XL already has more memory but the processor speed is the same as the 130XE. I don't think they ever changed it on the Atari 8bits. The Commodore computers went up if you used the C128 in 128 mode. Pretty cool.

I have a collection of pretty much every Atari 8bit model except for the 1400 series which I have never sprung for since they are prototypes only. Way out of my price range for basically a display piece.

Got my SIO2PC hooked up yesterday. Sweet hardware mod. Just pick out the disk image you want to assign to a drive and off it goes. Had to play some Infocom games and Shamus.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-06-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

The keyboard is why I never have. I love the older keyboards. The XEs are too mushy. My 800XL already has more memory but the processor speed is the same as the 130XE. I don't think they ever changed it on the Atari 8bits. The Commodore computers went up if you used the C128 in 128 mode. Pretty cool.

I have a collection of pretty much every Atari 8bit model except for the 1400 series which I have never sprung for since they are prototypes only. Way out of my price range for basically a display piece.

Got my SIO2PC hooked up yesterday. Sweet hardware mod. Just pick out the disk image you want to assign to a drive and off it goes. Had to play some Infocom games and Shamus.

The XE keyboards also don't seem to last long, at least for me. The traces seem to die on them. I have gone thru 4 or 5 keyboards.

And ya the 130XE used the same clock speed as even the original 800.. But they did 'feel' faster somehow.

Not that its 8bit, but i'm still waiting on a free STacy.. would love to have a STbook, but ill get that right after i get a PPG Fiero.. about as rare.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-06-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock