Started on: 04-07-2010 12:23 PM
Replies: 51
Last post by: maryjane on 08-04-2010 01:59 AM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Don't complain. This isn't a communistic forum.

No, its a benovelent dictatorship. lol
IP: Logged
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

One more for the record. McCain won't tax Snooki's tanning bed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/..._mccain_snooki_tweet

PHOENIX – Arizona Sen. John McCain is taking to Twitter to slam President Barack Obama, this time in an exchange with a star from MTV's hit reality series "Jersey Shore."

In a preview for the show's next season, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi laments that she doesn't use tanning beds anymore because "Obama put a 10 percent tax on tanning."

She says, "McCain would never put a 10 percent tax on tanning, because he's pale and he would probably want to be tan."

McCain, a skin cancer survivor, replied Wednesday on Twitter, saying "u r right, I would never tax your tanning bed! Pres Obama's tax/spend policy is quite The Situation. but I do rec wearing sunscreen!"

Snooki replied: "Haha Yes!!"

The federal health care overhaul championed by Obama is funded in part with a 10 percent tax on tanning-bed services.

This is great! I doubt McCain came up with it, or even typed it, but damn. I wish he would have won, he had my vote.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

"Polls are useless, unless they tell you what you want to hear."

Interesting that you pulled the quote, but didn't include the context. The discussion was about Bush's approval ratings. I've said before that the only poll that really matters is an election. Any other poll *might* show you trends. Given that Obama's numbers have gone from stratospheric in support to a low of 41% gives you a possible *trend*. That's all that it means, and I've implied nothing more.

In the meantime, you skipped right over this question...

Originally posted by fierobear:
How about acknowledging Obama's numerous lies? Try starting there. *Then* maybe you can comment on McCain.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I just think it's odd that you would post it now? (Although I see it's from April).

As John McClane once said," I'm just a fly in the oinement."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-20-2010).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
for crying out loud Curly...he LOST the election 2 years ago.....time to let it go!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Don’t forget John McCain voted to give Social Security benefits to illegal aliens

http://www.examiner.com/x-3...ts-to-illegal-aliens

While Sen. John McCain is facing re-election this year, and has suddenly become concerned with securing our border with Mexico, and claims he has never supported “amnesty,” his own record tells another story.

Though McCain wrote the amnesty bill (a.k.a. Comprehensive Immigration Reform) in 2007 with his liberal pal Sen. Ted Kennedy, he now claims that he has never supported the policy of “amnesty.”

Of course, McCain says this because he does not consider his bill as such because of the fines and background checks which to which illegal aliens would supposedly have been subject, under the McCain/Kennedy legislation.

But, McCain himself, has actually referred to his push for amnesty as…”amnesty.”

-In a May 29, 2003 interview, McCain said: “Amnesty has to be an important part because there are people who have lived in this country for 20, 30 or 40 years, who have raised children here and pay taxes here and are not citizens.”

-On Dec. 15, 2000, McCain issued the following press release: “I support the Latino and Immigrant Fairness Act (LIFA). Negotiations between the White House and the leadership, which endorsed more limited immigration reform, have resulted in a compromise.... this bill makes meaningful but insufficient progress on amnesty for those wrongly denied it.”

What may be even more egregious than McCain’s push for a so-called “path to citizenship” for millions of illegal aliens, is his desire to extend to them Social Security benefits.

In May 2006, McCain, along with several other Senators, voted to make those who have no respect for our laws, eligible for Social Security.

The complete list of Senators who voted for the measure follows:

Alaska : Stevens (R)
Arizona : McCain (R)
Arkansas : Lincoln (D) Pryor (D)
California : Boxer (D) Feinstein (D)
Colorado : Salazar (D)
Connecticut : Dodd (D) Lieberman (D)
Delaware : Biden (D) Carper (D)
Hawaii : Akaka (D) Inouye (D)
Illinois : Durbin (D) Obama (D)
Indiana : Bayh (D) Lugar (R)
Iowa: Harkin (D)
Kansas : Brownback (R)
Louisiana: Landrieu (D)
Maryland : Mikulski (D) Sarbanes (D)
Massachusetts : Kerry (D)
Montana : Baucus (D)
Nebraska : Hagel (R)
Nevada: Reid (D)
New Jersey : Lautenberg (D) Menendez (D)
New Mexico : Bingaman (D)
New York : Schumer (D)
North Dakota : Dorgan (D)
Ohio : DeWine (R) Voinovich(R)
Oregon : Wyden (D)
Pennsylvania : Specter (D)
Rhode Island : Chafee (R) Reed (D)
South Carolina : Graham (R)
South Dakota : Johnson (D)
Vermont : Jeffords (I) Leahy (D)
Washington : Cantwell (D) Murray (D)
West Virginia : Rockefeller (D), by Not Voting
Wisconsin : Feingold (D) Kohl (D)

All of the aforementioned Senators voted no on an amendment offered by Sen . John Ensign (R-NV) which would have banned illegal immigrants from ever receiving Social Security benefits. Ensign was attempting to add the provision to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which was co-sponsored by McCain.

The amendment was defeated in a 50-49 vote. So, if amnesty legislation had passed , illegal aliens would now be on the Social Security rolls.

Make no mistake, if John McCain had been elected President, every illegal alien inside this country as of January 20, 2009, would still be here, and the border would remain open. Basically, the country would look just as bad under McCain as it does under Obama. Neither man has any respect for U.S. sovereignty.

Try as he might…McCain cannot hide from his own record on illegal immigration

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! I didn't know that.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Umm... I don't think he's running any more. Isn't the election over?
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Umm... I don't think he's running any more. Isn't the election over?

He's running for re-election to the Senate in Arizona. Last time he ran, I was living in Arizona and voted against him. Come to think of it, I voted against him in every one of his Senate primary and general elections but won't have the opportunity this time. I was a registered Republican for more than 30 years in Arizona.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

McCain....True American war hero. I cannot vote for him for one reason. 6 years of the Hanoi Hilton. I would not be the same person coming out of that place. I feel for him, and his trials, but that would scar a man forever. I could not see someone going through that, then have to run a country like the United States. But yes, Mcain.... True American hero. (Just my opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. )

I tend to agree. While I respect the man for his service to our country, I do not think much of him as a politician. And as you mentioned, that may be at least partly due to his traumatic experience as a POW. When I think of his political stance, the first word to come to mind is "flaky".
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I tend to agree. While I respect the man for his service to our country, I do not think much of him as a politician. And as you mentioned, that may be at least partly due to his traumatic experience as a POW. When I think of his political stance, the first word to come to mind is "flaky".

His problem is he's too far left. We don't need that. We can see just how godawful it is to have the left in power.

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

In my opinion, he is mentally unstable.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Of course, McCain says this because he does not consider his bill as such because of the fines and background checks which to which illegal aliens would supposedly have been subject, under the McCain/Kennedy legislation.

What 10 yr old idiot wrote that?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock