Started on: 12-13-2009 11:59 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 12-13-2009 03:35 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
From 2006, Driver evades police many times. Maybe he invented the "drive it like you stole it" slogan ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-13-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AJ7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
pretty cool, and very old
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I think I have seen that clip before. The Pitt manuever can be deafeated by just putting the car in neutral and treating it like a fishtail like that guy did. Even if you do that, it will significantly slow you down and let more patrol cars catch up. The best thing to do is not get in a car chase. It isn't worth it. Getting caught with a stolen car is hardly punished anymore in California and there are even talks of making it a misdemeanor. You are much more likely to get a stricter sentence if you try to evade the police and drive recklessly.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
These days are almost gone.

"Hello, Onstar. This is Officer 3864. I am in pursuit of a late model Ford, license number Bravo-Victor-Charlie-426, and request a shutdown. Thank you."

End of story.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-13-2009).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Heck OnStar was just advertising that the car's owner can report the vehicle as stolen and request reduced power mode on the vehicle. Should be enough to get the thief to ditch the vehicle even if the police haven't located it yet.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

Heck OnStar was just advertising that the car's owner can report the vehicle as stolen and request reduced power mode on the vehicle. Should be enough to get the thief to ditch the vehicle even if the police haven't located it yet.

Yikes!

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Typical Ford driver, we can all do that, haven't you heard?
My damm Meteor would flip ends constantly at the beginning on raining season.
Posi traction, racing auto trans.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

"Hello, Onstar. This is Officer 3864. I am in pursuit of a late model Ford, license number Bravo-Victor-Charlie-426, and request a shutdown. Thank you."

End of story.

Onstar is GM
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2009 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Onstar is GM

For now..........................

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I find this one very impressive. Had his engine not went i think he would have gotten away.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

End of story.

http://www.autotropolis.com...n-cars-remotely.html

In the early part of 2009, GM introduced what it calls Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. This feature uses the GPS locator embedded in every OnStar-equipped car or truck sold by the company to coordinate its position with police officers in pursuit and then, at their command, gradually shut down the vehicle’s ignition system.
This week, GM added to its list of OnStar-based anti-theft technologies in the form of Remote Ignition Block. Essentially a more extreme version of Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, this feature allows GM to send a signal to the OnStar system of a stolen car that disables its ignition system entirely as soon as it has been shut off. While it doesn’t immediately impact a vehicle that is being driven, it does strand thieves wherever they might happen to next park the car.
In the past 10 years, OnStar claims to have received 28,000 calls from customers regarding stolen vehicles, with the service currently averaging around 600 per month. The large number of theft cases that OnStar have had to deal with was the primary motivator in developing these new features.

PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I find this one very impressive. Had his engine not went i think he would have gotten away.

I don't know how smart that was for the cops to follow that 15 year old through traffic at 150 mph. Not only did the 15 year old put everyone else in danger but IMO so did the pursuing cars. The police could have easily just hung back out of sight and waited for the kid to go to where ever he was going or at least waited until they could clear the road of other cars.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Maybe he invented the "drive it like you stole it" slogan ?

I never understood that line.

And I stole cars for a living many, many, many moons ago.

When we stole cars we would drive them following all road rules to the letter. Just so we would not get chased. The chop shops we dealt with did not want any heat.

Now if the driver really wanted to get away all he had to do was drive into a mall covered parking lot and get out of the car under cover.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock