Started on: 08-26-2009 06:20 AM
Replies: 33
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 08-30-2009 05:04 PM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Are there going to be any other Fieros at Black Rock City this year? (besides mine)

Or anyone from here going?

And before you ask what it is
http://www.burningman.com/whatisburningman/

Burning Man is a temporary city in the stark Nevada desert, created for one week around Labour Day, whose 50,000 denizens are devoted to creativity -- in art, technology, music and personal expression. Almost all comers are participants, exploring their creative selves. The coin is art; you are appreciated for what you give and what you show off.

The city is built quickly and thrives for a week. At the climax is the burning of a giant stylized figure known as "the Man" which becomes the city's prime universal experience. Shortly thereafter, all is gone, and months later it's not even possible to determine where the city was, until it is rebuilt the next year.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
As featured on Malcom in the Middle
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I REALLY want to attend that sometime.

Enjoy it!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Will there be bare firm breasts?
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

& Reno 911.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

& Reno 911.

IMO--and it's worth 'not very much'--that's one of the dumbest programs on TV.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Oh yeah? I think that is an ugly shirt. So nyah.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Oh yeah? I think that is an ugly shirt. So nyah.

I agree--it is ugly--Jane picked it out tho, so I have to wear it,

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
we would love to go someday!
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Couple of years ago I lived in Sparks, Nevada near the last grocery store on the Pyramid Highway heading toward Black Rock City. It was fun to watch the “artistic” rigs heading out to no where. This was total counter culture mechanical stuff that most would be embarrassed to drive or even park beside. One year there was a sand storm and all the returning vehicles were covered in dried alkali mud. Must have been a real “blast” to be there. The following year one of the free spirits set the man on fire before the appointed time. If you are an anarchist at heart, that’s the place to be for a week.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 08-27-2009).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Shortly thereafter, all is gone, and months later it's not even possible to determine where the city was ...

Except for the piles of "artistic" trash that remain. People in large groups behave, in general, much less responsibly about waste disposal than they do as individuals. Beyond a certain point, everybody expects someone else to do it. Of course, there are notable exceptions.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 08-27-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Except for the piles of "artistic" trash that remain. People in large groups behave, in general, much less responsibly about waste disposal than they do as individuals. Beyond a certain point, everybody expects someone else to do it. Of course, there are notable exceptions.

Yep. Something called "The Rainbow Gathering" took place in Angelina National Forest back in the 80s. Nearest I could figure out, it was just a bunch of would be hippies. They left acres and acres of the biggest mess of garbage and trash imaginable--in a pristine National Preserve. The National Forest Service said they would never again be allowed to use any National Forest for their gatherings.

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2009 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

You would never catch me at Burning Man, but they do "Leave no trace.". Anything brought onto the Playa must be taken away. They also require burn shields for anything burnt, so no scorch marks are left on the ground.
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkDirect Link to This Post
i have allways dreamed of making it to burning man!!

someday, before i die, i'll be there...
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

About 10,000 pair of them

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

That is one of the closest shows I have seen to Burning Man. They even have Larry Harvey in it. (The founder of Burning Man)

You have no idea what you are talking about, it is a "leave no trace event" and that is real.

Yep. Something called "The Rainbow Gathering" took place in Angelina National Forest back in the 80s. Nearest I could figure out, it was just a bunch of would be hippies. They left acres and acres of the biggest mess of garbage and trash imaginable--in a pristine National Preserve. The National Forest Service said they would never again be allowed to use any National Forest for their gatherings.

Rainbow gathers are just that, hippies, hippies can't afford burning man

You would never catch me at Burning Man, but they do "Leave no trace.". Anything brought onto the Playa must be taken away. They also require burn shields for anything burnt, so no scorch marks are left on the ground.

you seem to know alot about it for not wanting to go

Originally posted by BekaintaFunk:

i have allways dreamed of making it to burning man!!

someday, before i die, i'll be there...

How about next year? You two should come, I don't know you but I know you would love it and it WILL change your life. All you got to do is say "I'm going next year" and plan for it not just hope. I can/will help you in every way I can, you could even camp with us if you want.

Any other "burners" here? The first year I went I even saw a Fiero art car, this will be my 4th year and I will be "going home" every year after this one too.

BURNING MAN )'(

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
Las Vegas Fiero Club

Zefyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZefyrSend a Private Message to ZefyrDirect Link to This Post
See you on the playa!!! fellow burner here.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post

Yea,this link has some adult content (boobies) so dont look if your underage.
http://www.ipernity.com/tag/loupiote/keyword/22022

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 08-28-2009).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

you seem to know alot about it for not wanting to go

Would you rather I make that decision out of ignorance? I have nothing against Burning Man, I think it is aninteresting venue for artists. However, I dont think it is for me. If you are going to think less of me because I am not into it, then you just validated one of my reasons not to go: I don't care for pretentious snobs.

[This message has been edited by WhiteDevil88 (edited 08-28-2009).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Would you rather I make that decision out of ignorance? I have nothing against Burning Man, I think it is aninteresting venue for artists. However, I dont think it is for me. If you are going to think less of me because I am not into it, then you just validated one of my reasons not to go: I don't care for pretentious snobs.

I don't think less of you, in fact I think more of you for being informed, I was just makeing a comment. Don't put words in my mouth. being a pretentious snob is the last thing Burning Man is about, as there are none there.
------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
Las Vegas Fiero Club

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 08-28-2009).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2009 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

I don't think less of you, in fact I think more of you for being informed, I was just makeing a comment. Don't put words in my mouth. being a pretentious snob is the last thing Burning Man is about, as there are none there.

"Hippies can't afford Burning Man."

I rest my case.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

"Hippies can't afford Burning Man."

I rest my case.

I say that as people try to compare us to rainbow gathers, but be a dick, I'm glad you wont be there with your attitude.

besides hippies can't afford soap.
PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2009 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

I say that as people try to compare us to rainbow gathers, but be a dick, I'm glad you wont be there with your attitude.

besides hippies can't afford soap.

So, in conclusion, you don't want to be compared with Rainbow hippies. And you aren't an elitist snob. Gotcha.

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Well if I have to be a snob not to be a hippie, then call me a snob.

get out of my thread if you have nothing good to add.

back to the subject,

Anyone else here going?

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
Las Vegas Fiero Club

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I kinda do and kinda don't want to go. I'm on the fence.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Is there any money to be made off this thing?
Are the organizers fully insured?
How many carbon credits?

After looking @ the pictures on Google, I'm sure I'll pass on it.
Looks like every yuppie this side of the Pacific gathered in one place to let their hair down for a few days.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Is there any money to be made off this thing?
Are the organizers fully insured?
How many carbon credits?

After looking @ the pictures on Google, I'm sure I'll pass on it.
Looks like every yuppie this side of the Pacific gathered in one place to let their hair down for a few days.

There is no money to be made out there, as you can't sell anything. You can only give stuff away for free, like the free bars all over the place. It is a "gift system" no barter either. Just free

Your ticket is a waiver. So insurance is kinda pointless, but if they are or not I do not know.

They do tons of stuff through out the year to offset the carbon footprint. In 2007 just the donations alone offset like 850 tons of carbon.

and about 1/3 of the people are from other countries, and not too many yuppies, well at least if they are they don't act like it there. Everyone helps to make the city thrive and add what they can to it.

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
way too weird,
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

hippies can't afford burning man
--I thought ya said everything was free.

Your ticket is a waiver
--How does one acquire a ticket? barter--or cash?
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Don, I don't think that the $300 entry fee is macraméd out of cat hair. And that is the cheap seats.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Ah--so 'somebody' IS making money there. IF it's $300 each--X "50,000 denizens"---Whoa!!
$15 million in ticket sales.
What a racket.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
the tickets start out low and go up, $300 is the last price execpt for "at the gate prices" ($360)
It takes alot to sponser some of the bigger art works out there, pay for the port-a-johns, pay the ungodly BLM fees, the fireworks(best I have even seen), and everything involved out there. The sponsered art works go to museums after too. The first level tickets prices are sold for less than what it cost to put in on per person.

here is what this years tickets look like

PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Well if anyone is going, I hope to see you at the burn

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 08-30-2009).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Take pics for those of us that are here!
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Take pics for those of us that are here!

I will be taking alot of pics, the only prob I found is I get to distracted to take pics sometimes.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock