Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  2006 Dodge Dakota stereo wiring diagram / wire colors?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

2006 Dodge Dakota stereo wiring diagram / wire colors? by DeLorean00
Started on: 05-26-2009 09:39 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: DeLorean00 on 05-29-2009 07:32 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Tomorrow at work I have to install a stereo in a 2006 Dodge Dakota without the Infinity sound system. The previous owner cut the factory harness so I cannot just get a harness connector. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know the wire colors? I can figure it out using a multi-meter and time, but it would be easier with a diagram.

Thanks for any help!!!

-Chris

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I don't have access to my wiring information right this second, but I can tell you that you'll need to go to the ignition harness for accessory if you're not using the CAN-BUS harness, Metra part number XSVI-6502. At any rate, there should be one CAN wire in the harness in addition to the others totaling 11 wires: 12V, ground, CAN and the four speaker pairs. The 12V and GND wires should be heavier gauge, like 14AWG or so. Bring a multimeter with you to test that. After that, test for 4ohm impedance between the other wires to find speaker pairs. As soon as you've deciphered the speaker pairs, use a 9V battery on them to find out exactly which speaker it is so you know which pair of speaker wires should go to which on the deck harness.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Pick Club/Quad Cab here: http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2006/nd/ndmmo.pdf

------------------

World of Wheels Winners
My 3.4L S/C 87 GT
& My SD4 Indy

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Depends on wether you have the Premium or Base stereo system. Let me know if you need anymore...Working on Dodges has it's advantages -Jason

Premium radio

Amp wiring

Base radio

Satellite

Club cab with factory Sub

With hands free module

turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Just go to a junkyard and get a factory harness and wire it in so you have factory plugs then charge the guy an idiot fee for cutting the wires.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Did any of this help??
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Sorry fella's I was away with work for the past few days!!

But yes you guys saved my butt!! Thanks and "+"'s all around!!

I did have to run my own ignition wire as stated. I was able to work through all the wires and just hard wire the radio in. I wish I could have picked up a factory plug, but I didn't have the time.

Once again, thanks everyone!!!! I hope I can help you when it is needed.

-Chris

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock