Started on: 05-05-2009 03:31 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: DL10 on 05-07-2009 01:52 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

This post is more for my benefit than for anything else. I’m not looking for attention, honest, I just wanted to bookmark a place in my own personal history that I could refer to down the road.

On April 5th, 1999, I signed up for this obscure upstart car forum which focused exclusively on the Pontiac Fiero. I think I was about the 50th member at the time. (Membership is up over 17,000 now.) I had bought my first Fiero (which I still have) three years earlier back in 1996. (I’m now up to four.)

The forum evolved over the years. Membership grew, different sections were added, including “Totally O/T”. Friendships have been created, insults have been hurled, quite a mixed bag of ups and downs over the last decade.

And now 10,000 posts later, exactly ten years and one month to the day I signed up, here I sit wondering where all the time has gone. I’ve seen my dear mother pass away, and shared my tears with you all. I’ve had my best friend suddenly pass away (long before his time), and related to you my anguish.

It hasn’t all been pain and sorrow though, far from it. I’ve been with Anne for over eight years and watched her children grow from pre-schoolers to teenagers. I like to think that I’ve been of some benefit to them. They’ve certainly enriched my life. And yes, I have to admit it, one of the highlights of my entire life has been the acquisition of Frankie (our husky). If you’re not an animal/dog lover, you just wouldn’t understand.

It’s kind of ironic that the same year that Pennock’s Fiero Forum celebrates it’s 10th anniversary, Pontiac itself now appears about to be relegated to the history books. It’s still debatable whether the mother corporation, General Motors, is even going to survive. Who would’ve foreseen this ten years ago when Cliff started this forum?

Cliff Pennock, I gotta mention Cliff. Thank-you Cliff for having the foresight to start a forum based around a car which had ceased production eleven years earlier! You must’ve known there were thousands of like-minded crazy people around the planet who loved these little plastic cars. This forum has been absolutely invaluable in the collection and sharing and disbursement of Fiero related material over the last decade. The vast source of information to be found here has no doubt saved untold thousands of Fieros from the scrap heap.

It’s long overdue Cliff, but I’ve sent you a token of my appreciation. I truly hope you can keep this forum going for at least another ten years. I figure it’ll take me that long to get all my Fieros in running condition.

And thank-you to all the friends I’ve made here over the years. I value your perspective, be it on Fieros or world events, and I appreciate the opportunity to be able to express myself here as well.

Okay then... post number 10,001 is coming up shortly. Let’s do this again in another ten years.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Let me be the first to say, Post whore, J/K.

congrats. Joe
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
This place wouldn't be the same without you.

Flamberge
Red88FF

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Patrick, Time really does fly bye don't it. I can't believe I have been checking in here for three years and have owned the Formula for three and a half now. I always enjoy your perspective on the topics and am glad you are a member here.

I hear ya about the dog, I just have cats now but think of my departed friends every day.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2009 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Wow!
I registered 4 years after you and have 663 more posts then you!
And I even took a year off!
Yikes!!!!

If there is any question about who knows how to run their mouth, that question has now been answered.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I still win..............
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

He with the most posts at the end, still dies.

Joe
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Wow, ten years. I almost joined aorund the same time but didn't. I lurked and waited for the forum to get bigger and after most of the work on my car was done.
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
I guess I need to get busy!

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Holy Cow......ummm I mean Toad.

10,000 in 10yrs. I am surprised you had time to do anything else.

Meanwhile I only have 4,600 in 5yrs.

oh wait......that averages to.......ummm never mind.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Uh, yeah!
25,000 in 10 years!

2,000 a year?
200 posts a month?
50 a week?
10 a day?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-05-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Look out for pontiackid86 hes not to far behind you ! And he only started in Sept 08 . Mean your getting slow Patrick jk lol .

w00t! z0mg Hope to see you for another 10,000 .congrats

And for pontiackid86 " You know me " I was only jk on this lol

Rob
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2009 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Many more years of your informative ways.

------------------

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations man.

I'm getting close to joining the 10,000 post club myself.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Congratulations.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Patrick,

I've been here almost as long as you. There have been a lot of folks come and go, but you're one of the originals. (Not many of us are still here.)
While we don't frequently see eye to eye on political subjects, I did find a common ground with you a few years ago, and have enjoyed being a part of the same forum.

Having said that...

10,000 posts?!
Dude... You're not even trying.

But do you hear footsteps?
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
10 years, eh? You must be old. Oh, wait...crap. Nevermind! Congrats on the 10 years!
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
pontiackid86

Less than a year on here... will be 44,000 posts in 10 years at this rate!
(him and brian need a job)
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
And I thought 2000 was something to celebrate. My wife thinks I spend too much time on here. I don't see how you could spend that much time on here. That's dedication right there. And you guys with 20K plus. How in the heck did you achieve that? There needs to be some kind of award or service pins. Except for pontiackid. He'll post in every thread! I mean there has to be some rules to the award. Congrats on the 10k milestone!

Pat
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I wonder who has the lowest post count per day?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I'm not sure how you kept yourself regulated to 1000 post per year?!
Congrats!

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It’s long overdue Cliff, but I’ve sent you a token of my appreciation.

And it's very much appreciated!

Congrats on your 10K!
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
Congrats from the class of 99.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

10,000 posts here in 10 short years

Big deal! Some guys around here do that in barely six months. But yes, yours is still bigger than mine.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 05-06-2009).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
YAY
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I'm approaching the 9-year mark and only have a little over 2k posts. I wonder if I'll ever reach 10k....

Congrats on the longevity as well as the postcount.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.864@ 119.6mph
gmtuners.com -Build info

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Patrick, .
Hmm....., in ten years you have not managed to not let political remarks in unintended threads get under your skin ?
, j/k, really. Sometimes it does go too far.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Love having you around Patrick.

You mean a lot to a bunch of us.

Brad
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

And thank-you to all the friends I’ve made here over the years.

Yikes. You are right. It has been TEN YEARS!! I joined in December, I think, of 1999.

My, you've CHANGED! Ha.

But in reality, you HAVE changed. Not that you needed wholesale changes in who you were. But still. More life experiences. Different people in it. And some "fine-tuning, tweaking" level changes happen.

That was fun to stop and look back a little.

I agree with your conclusion. That was fun. Let's do that again.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Congrats toad guy!!
red84sematt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
while, i do not know you very well Patrick, i give you salutations and cheers on your 10k posts.

i have not been here long, i probally have made more foolish posts than useful around here, and i certainly don't post that often but i would also like to give thanks to cliff, i belive i sent him a little something last year. ill have to get to doing that again when i have money and a job.

may there be another ten years and 10k posts to you sir!

LETS ALL PARTY! HAHA LOL

edit to add:holy cows! its been three years since i joined, omg

[This message has been edited by red84sematt (edited 05-06-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Are you one of the original 100?

I'm just curious...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I'm just curious...

evidently so--unless you are referring to the very early board I have only heard about.

On April 5th, 1999, I signed up for this obscure upstart car forum which focused exclusively on the Pontiac Fiero. I think I was about the 50th member at the time.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I want to thank everyone who’s posted in this thread. It’s interesting (and gratifying) to note that several of you are members who I’ve crossed swords with in the past. When you think about it, most arguments we have here are rather silly. I’m glad to see that we can let that nonsense go and just be regular guys shooting the breeze.

I honestly think if most of us were sitting across a table from each other that we’d get along just fine. It’s so easy to misinterpret the written word. That’s honestly been my biggest frustration here over the years. However, I’m probably as guilty of this as anyone. We need to learn to cut each other a bit more slack.

Not that we’re doing it all the time, far from it, but life’s too short to be fighting about... nothing!

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I went through the membership list last night and worked out who signed up before me. It turns out there were 65 people who became members here before I did. Two other people signed up the same day as me. Since I can’t tell the time of day that anyone signed up, I’m either member # 66, 67, or 68. Only Cliff would be able to tell for sure.

So yes Ryan, I’d be “one of the original 100". Do I get a T-shirt?

I had no idea that Roger had posted so many pictures of Hooter gals.

Heh heh, thanks again everyone!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations of your milestone.........

Originally posted by Phil:

I wonder who has the lowest post count per day?

I think mine is pretty low...I think it's around 1 post every 2.5 days...........

Originally posted by AkursedX:

I'm approaching the 9-year mark and only have a little over 2k posts. I wonder if I'll ever reach 10k....

Congrats on the longevity as well as the post count.

I really doubt I will ever reach 10,000.............it would take me over 50 more years at the rate I'm going.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 05-07-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock