Started on: 03-05-2009 11:41 PM
Replies: 305
Last post by: maryjane on 03-10-2009 10:17 AM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I have more than one vegetable garden, in case some self proclaimed rebel raids one.
We raise rabbits and chickens for eggs and meat.
I know how to catch fish and I know how to keep old cars and equipment running.
I can fix a roof or a leaky pipe.
I earned my smugness through education and experience.
You guys are a hoot, thats for sure.

Show me your rabbit and chicken cages. Show me your veggie garden.

IP: Logged
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

It wont be the "rebel" taking your chickens and veggies it will be the state.

Or the hungry mob that will be roaming once the govt runs out of money and can't keep the welfare checks flowing.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I have posted them on this forum before.
As Popye said: "Blow me down."
http://www.cpdit01.com/reso...y_gardens/index.html

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 03-10-2009).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

I have posted them on this forum before.
Blow me.

Testing, aren't you? Time to call BS then.

Unless you find the thread link.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Maybe he believes in 'free range' chickens and bunnies.

Mine--white globs are cows.

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Guys, I rarely read or post in the political threads anymore, but I have really enjoyed this one!

Bwahahahahhah!

QFI (Quoted For Irony)

Dude, you've posted in ALMOST EVERY political thread that's come up since your "I'm not posting in Political Threads anymore" thread.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 03-09-2009).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Testing, aren't you? Time to call BS then.

Unless you find the thread link.

You love to be humiliated, don't you?
Didn't John Striker teach you anything, boy?
You need to stop letting your mouth (fingers) write checks that your azz can't cash.
I really was having fun with this up untill some numbnut from the middle of nowhere called me a liar.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/060850.html
Chicken coop:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

One of the gardens (we have four.Or is it five? three? I'm not tellin'. This one is 7'X7':

Another is behind the chicken pen. Free fertilizer!

One of my papaya trees:

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that chicken coop pic just a 'little wide"?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-09-2009).]

GT86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Is there only one chicken in that coop?

And is that what you call a garden? Really? I think I've seen potted plants with more substance...
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Isn't that chicken coop pic just a 'little wide"?

I wanted to be sure Wish it Was could see it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
OT, (maybe not--since we are in "survival mode") but my brother in law has his chicken coop on wheels with a mesh screen floor. He just wheels it around to different parts of his garden and yard as he needs fertilizer. It works a lot less effecient than it sounds tho--the thing weighs about 1200 lbs.

I'm thinking about converting my old dog kennel into a chicken pen, but worried about bacteria that may be present from the dog feces.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Now, who's got the food?
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Now, who's got the food?

CASH CROP!!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$
Is that the fabled, but never seen in Florida, Alaskan Thunderfook?
Them sure is pretty plants, even if thay ain't flowered just yet.
I might want to trade ye some fine fresh eggs and some smoked mullet for a bunch of them when they sprout big 'ol pretty flowers...

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2009 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Is that the fabled, but never seen in Florida, Alaskan Thunderfook?

No, Matanuska Thunderphuck is shorter, bushier, and all flower.

That is a stock photo.

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Since we've turned to talk of Gardens. I got this in an email from a friend tonight:

Subject: Congress outlawing your garden, game, and organic food

HR 875 The food police, criminalizing organic farming and the backyard gardener, and
violation of the 9th and 10th amendments.
HR 875 http://www.facebook.com/l.p...bin%2Fquery%2FF%3Fc1
11%3A1%3A.%2Ftemp%2F%7Ec1112RD9bb%3Ae11439%3A

This bill is sitting in committee and I am not sure when it is going to hit the floor.
One thing I do know is that very few of the Representatives have read it. As usual they
will vote on this based on what someone else is saying. Urge your members to read the
legislation and ask for opposition to this devastating legislation. Devastating for
everyday folks but great for factory farming ops like Monsanto, ADM, Sodexo and Tyson to
name a few.

I have no doubt that this legislation was heavily influenced by lobbyists from huge food
producers. This legislation is so broad based that technically someone with a little
backyard garden could get fined and have their property siezed. It will effect anyone
who produces food even if they do not sell but only consume it. It will literally put
all independent farmers and food producers out of business due to the huge amounts of
money it will take to conform to factory farming methods. If people choose to farm
without industry standards such as chemical pesticides and fertilizers they will be
subject to a vareity of harassment from this completely new agency that has never before
existed. That's right, a whole new government agency is being created just to police
food, for our own protection of course.

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, READ THIS LEGISLATION FOR YOURSELF. The more people who
read this legislation the more insight we are going to get and be able to share. Post
your observations and insights below. Urge your members to read this legislation and to
oppose the passage of this legislation.

Pay special attention to

Section 3 which is the definitions portion of the bill-read in it's entirety.
section 103, 206 and 207- read in it's entirety.
Red flags I found and I am sure there are more...........

Legally binds state agriculture depts to enforcing federal guidelines effectively taking
away the states power to do anything other than being food police for the federal dept.
Effectively criminalizes organic farming but doesn't actually use the word organic.
Effects anyone growing food even if they are not selling it but consuming it.
Effects anyone producing meat of any kind including wild game.
Legislation is so broad based that every aspect of growing or producing food can be made
illegal. There are no specifics which is bizarre considering how long the legislation
is.
Section 103 is almost entirely about the administrative aspect of the legislation. It
will allow the appointing of officials from the factory farming corporations and
lobbyists and classify them as experts and allow them to determine and interpret the
legislation. Who do you think they are going to side with?
Section 206 defines what will be considered a food production facility and what will be
enforced up all food production facilities. The wording is so broad based that a
backyard gardener could be fined and more.
Section 207 requires that the state's agriculture dept act as the food police and enforce
the federal requirements. This takes away the states power and is in violation of the
10th amendment.

There are many more but by the time I got this far in the legislation I was so alarmed
that I wanted to bring someone's attention to it. (to the one person who reads my blog)
Didn't Stalin nationalize farming methods that enabled his administration to gain control
over the food supply? Didn't Stalin use the food to control the people?

Last word...... Legislate religion and enforce gag orders on ministers on what can and
can't be said in the pulpit, instituting regulations forcing people to rely soley on the
government, control the money and the food. What is that called? It is on the tip of my
tongue..........

I haven't read any of the Senate's version of the bill as I have been poring thru the
House's version. Here is the link and I hope some of you can take a look and post your
observations and insights below. One thing I am pretty sure of is that very few if any
Senator's have actually read the legislation and when it comes up for a vote they will
more than likely take someone else's word on how they should vote. The other thing I am
pretty sure about is that the legislation was probably written by lobbyists and industry
experts.

S 425 http://www.facebook.com/l.p...%2Fbdquery%2Fz%3Fd11
1%3As425%3A

Things you can do

Contact your members at 202-224-3121 and ask them to oppose HR 875 and S 425. While you
are at it ask them if they personally have read the legislation and what their position
is? If they have not read the legislation ask them to read it and politely let them know
that just because other representitives are not reading the legislation and voting on it
does not mean they can do the same.
Get in touch with local farmers and food producers by attending a local farmers market
and asking them how business is.
Attend a local WAPF meeting, this is a good start to learning about what is going on in
farming and local & state initiatives . The website is http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=ht
tp://www.westonaprice.org%2Flocalchapters%2Findex.html
Check out the Farmers Legal Defense Fund at http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.ftc
ldf.org%2Findex.html
Find out who sits on your states agriculture and farming committee and contact them with
your concerns.
Continue to contact your elected officials and let them know your position on legislation
and why.
Get active at the local and state levels, this is the quickest way to initiate change.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 03-10-2009).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

You love to be humiliated, don't you?

I'm not humiliated. I just ask for you to produce pictures (notice my smiles). You started to get angry, so I said produce the link. And you did.

Thanks.

See, Mr. Leftist. Most lefties (notice I say most, not all) are very angry people and they lie, steal and cheat a lot. So I never really trust leftist people, because of that and of course they will screw anybody over in a heat beat. It's their mentality and culture. Not all are bad, but most are.

Since I know you to be angry, I just want to make sure you don't lie. Would I trust you to hold a dollar for me? Probably not, because I don't know you and you're a leftist, but at least when you say you have a chicken coop and you have one, then at least that is a good start.

Do I have good friends that are leftist? Sure I do. They can't help the way they are. They've been indoctrinated all their lives and nobody will ever change that but themselves.(A goal of Marxism was to indoctrinate children at very young ages: How? By taking children away from their parents and having the government care and teach their children till adulthood). Hence our Government Education System.

How do we get along? Easy, because we share and talk about other subjects that aren't related to politics. Plus I'm honest, hardworking and caring. They know I will help them out in a moments notice and without hesitation or question. They know I am trustworthy and wouldn't ever stab them in the back, spread rumors or screw them over. I never ask nor need anything from them. (You know the people type: The people who think you as a friend but only call you when ever they need something).

I'm just trying to tell you Neptune that we can probably get along. I don't hate nor dislike you because you are a flaming leftist. But I am always suspicious of leftist because of their mentality and culture doesn't work with me. It's just a terrible ideology and a bad culture (if you happen to be proactive in it). Other than that, you're probably an alright guy. At least you are showing some honesty, that right there earns respect.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 03-10-2009).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

I earned my smugness through education and experience.
You guys are a hoot, thats for sure.

I thought smugness was earned thru the hardening of the heart into a cold cruel thing. Shouldn't experience create the opposite of smugness?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-10-2009).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Oh, I see how you are. I, who have taken you in, fed you, showed you my favorite tree to pee upon, greeted you as a brother, I'm not good enough now. Fine, go up north, freeze off what testiculars you have left that the heli-choppers haven't vibrated off.

John Stricker

Dang it John,
There you go, gett'n all uppity about a little neighborly gesture. I'll admit, your wife has been a great lady to me. She has fed me when I visited, been very cordial and generally made up for her sour puss husband. She also warned me to stay away from that tree, didn't realize until it was too late she was talk'n about a hornet's nest in that tree which BTW, you failed to mention. I wondered why you were grinnin so big when you told me where the restroom was. But, no, I trusted you and went ahead as indicated and utilized your tree. (Didn't think the swelling was ever gonna go down after that!) But, I'll admit that according to legend, you did the same thing to your brother. Wasn't he the same person that took you flying in a helicopter? As far as vibration and the condition of my body goes, jello always returns to it's original condition.

In that the region being discussed is generally speaking where I was born and reared, I would not want to be shamed into applying for immigration, I feel it is only prudent to consider any an all offers for home stead status and the opportunities it brings. Although your wife has fed me, you have shared the pee tree and generally treated me as you do your kin however, you have not offered me the opportunity that Ace offered. But, you have shared your in depth knowledge of sewers and septic leach lines, for that I thank you. Not everyone knows as much about crap as you. I give credit where credit is due.

Have I not shared the honey of Eastern KY with you the finest shine you'll see that side of the Mississippi? I have only done that for a few so let's not have anymore of that talk about not being good enough! Now, I never like being in debt to anyone so at our next meeting, it is my intent to feed you. I'll have to borrow your grill unless I happen to come across some fuel for a fire near where I pick up the roadkill. BTW, it's hard to make sausage gravy from roadkill with out all the spices.

Hopefully, this settles any animosity you feel toward me. If not, it's water pistols at twenty paces at our next meeting.

Ron
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Animosity?? No, no, no.........

What you hear is the sound of a heart breaking, not anger. The only saving grace for you is that you are a native Kansan and therefore a natural born citizen of the CENTRAL INDEPENDENT UNITED STATES, so immigration really isn't an issue.

I was actually thinking of making some property around aceman's or railshot's locations my summer presidential palace, if I can find enough mosquito netting. Winter I'm going to be in San Antonio so Chuck Norris can have the honor of buying me beers and paying the strippers. It will kind of be a mobile presidential palace. Maybe get an old school bus. Neptune, I'm sorry but a couple of your chicken coops will have to be "liberated" by the freedom fighters to go on top so I can have fresh eggs in the morning. (And none of that "I didn't know they were roosters" crap either!!)

Boy, I love it when a plan comes together.

John Stricker

Originally posted by blackrams:

Dang it John,
There you go, gett'n all uppity about a little neighborly gesture. I'll admit, your wife has been a great lady to me. She has fed me when I visited, been very cordial and generally made up for her sour puss husband. She also warned me to stay away from that tree, didn't realize until it was too late she was talk'n about a hornet's nest in that tree which BTW, you failed to mention. I wondered why you were grinnin so big when you told me where the restroom was. But, no, I trusted you and went ahead as indicated and utilized your tree. (Didn't think the swelling was ever gonna go down after that!) But, I'll admit that according to legend, you did the same thing to your brother. Wasn't he the same person that took you flying in a helicopter? As far as vibration and the condition of my body goes, jello always returns to it's original condition.

In that the region being discussed is generally speaking where I was born and reared, I would not want to be shamed into applying for immigration, I feel it is only prudent to consider any an all offers for home stead status and the opportunities it brings. Although your wife has fed me, you have shared the pee tree and generally treated me as you do your kin however, you have not offered me the opportunity that Ace offered. But, you have shared your in depth knowledge of sewers and septic leach lines, for that I thank you. Not everyone knows as much about crap as you. I give credit where credit is due.

Have I not shared the honey of Eastern KY with you the finest shine you'll see that side of the Mississippi? I have only done that for a few so let's not have anymore of that talk about not being good enough! Now, I never like being in debt to anyone so at our next meeting, it is my intent to feed you. I'll have to borrow your grill unless I happen to come across some fuel for a fire near where I pick up the roadkill. BTW, it's hard to make sausage gravy from roadkill with out all the spices.

Hopefully, this settles any animosity you feel toward me. If not, it's water pistols at twenty paces at our next meeting.

Ron

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Hey, hey, hey, hey hey!

After letting Ron use part of my land for raising cattle, that leaves me only some acreage for my own homestead and a slough. If'n you're thinking about taking the rest by emminent domain, there will be more than just ducks being shot in my slough!
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Hey, hey, hey, hey hey!

After letting Ron use part of my land for raising cattle, that leaves me only some acreage for my own homestead and a slough. If'n you're thinking about taking the rest by emminent domain, there will be more than just ducks being shot in my slough!

A slough?

Webster defines this as:

slough
Pronunciation: \ˈslü, ˈslau̇; in the US (exc New England) ˈslü is usual for sense 1 with those to whom the sense is familiar; British usually ˈslau̇ for both senses\
Function: noun
1 a: a place of deep mud or mire balso slew or slue \ˈslü\ (1): swamp (2): an inlet on a river ; also : backwater (3): a creek in a marsh or tide flat
2: a state of moral degradation or spiritual dejection

At first, I thought we were talkin about a gold mine wash thing but, now that I've looked slough up, if we're talk'n about a deep mud mire or a state of moral degradation, then I'm not sure I can raise cattle with webbed hoofs or bad attitudes.

Ron
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Have I not shared the honey of Eastern KY with you the finest shine you'll see that side of the Mississippi? I have only done that for a few so let's not have anymore of that talk about not being good enough!

Somehow... I gotta find a way to get on that list...! As a matter of fact... Ron, I remember the Pantero at Wheatstock... but I can't find you in my pics...

I did however, find a pic for President Stricker to use for appointing his cabinet of the Central Independent United States of Texas:

Them 2 boys standing in the middle are the ambassadors from the ROK. ha! (that's fierobear and (I believe) CC Rider for those that don't know)

And Neptune has definately shown that he has 1 more chicken coop than me. Since I don't currently have the means to raise my own, At least I'm a fine enough shot that at the end of days I'll still be able to harvest game. In the [other] states... all the guns will be gone, so harvesting game by car bumper is what they'd have to resort to Roadkill gravy indeed.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 03-10-2009).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

From the Devils (President Obama) home town, here's what poor people and a couple of community organizers can do if given a chance:

I thought his home town was in Kenya.

Oh my bad hes from chicago I'm thinking where he was born at.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that.
Redneckistan could do a lot worse in choosing a President.
At least you aren't a Bush!

Originally posted by jstricker:

Animosity?? No, no, no.........

What you hear is the sound of a heart breaking, not anger. The only saving grace for you is that you are a native Kansan and therefore a natural born citizen of the CENTRAL INDEPENDENT UNITED STATES, so immigration really isn't an issue.

I was actually thinking of making some property around aceman's or railshot's locations my summer presidential palace, if I can find enough mosquito netting. Winter I'm going to be in San Antonio so Chuck Norris can have the honor of buying me beers and paying the strippers. It will kind of be a mobile presidential palace. Maybe get an old school bus. Neptune, I'm sorry but a couple of your chicken coops will have to be "liberated" by the freedom fighters to go on top so I can have fresh eggs in the morning. (And none of that "I didn't know they were roosters" crap either!!)

Boy, I love it when a plan comes together.

John Stricker

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Somehow... I gotta find a way to get on that list...! As a matter of fact... Ron, I remember the Pantero at Wheatstock... but I can't find you in my pics...

I did however, find a pic for President Stricker to use for appointing his cabinet of the Central Independent United States of Texas:

Now ain't that just a fine bunch of ride hard, shoot straight from the saddle, would be revoultionaries!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock