Started on: 02-06-2009 05:40 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: turboguy327 on 02-12-2009 07:50 AM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
i have a hp pavilion laptop and it wont turn on. i push the power buttn amd the hp logo comes up. then the xp logo comes up. then about halfway through that a screen comes up asking if i want to boot in safe mode or start windows normally. there are 3 other options but no matter what i choose about halfway through xp startup it goes back to the safe start screen. anything i can do to get it to start normally??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
"safe start screen"? Do you mean safemode?

Go into safe mode, click "no", wait for system restore to start, select "restore from an earlier point", select one, restore it, reboot. cross fingers.

Good luck.

edit: If you can't get into safe mode, you may be able to repair "The Windows" if you have a Windows CD, boot from it, and select "repair" .

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

another good one:
http://articles.techrepubli...733.html?tag=nl.e138

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 02-06-2009).]

turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
it wont even boot to safemode. It just keeps repeating. I can choose safe mode or any other mode. The problem is that it just keeps repeating. I dont have any windows cd7. Is there any other way? Havent read the links yet as i am rosying from my phone but when i get babes to a pc i will check them out.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
IMO, The 'easiest' way to get you back on track is to get yer hands on a CD. and then, 'do the needful'...

Actually, the EASIEST thing would be to get your hands on a geeky techie pal , offer him/her some sort of stimulating beverage, and a backrub*
(If it's a hawt g33kch1ck, or a dude**)

**(if yer 'into' dudes)***

*** (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

OMG, it's full of STARS....

Punchin' out.

-F to the R

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 02-06-2009).]

Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-06-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
If you are getting logos, sounds like its turning on... And i agree with the others, if you don't have someone there to help, its time to blow it away and start over.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
no way to do it without a windows cd? Dont have one? Would it need to be the one that came with the pc? I may be able to get one that came with a dell but i am working with an hp.
hklvette

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
Getting an actual XP CD would be the way to go, but it sounds like you either fragged the registry, or the Hard Drive is about to take a crap. Since its a laptop, did you drop it recently? drops are horrible for hard disks.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Didnt drop it. The power cord got unplugged during bootup. I sold the pc without the harddrive for 225. I just bought a new desktop so i made out ok. The money can go along with my tax return towards my fiero fund. Thanks for the advise. If i had the keys and software i would had kept it but it wasnt worth a ton to me.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock