Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Rumor, whatever happened to the Squirrel prank program? I want it. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rumor, whatever happened to the Squirrel prank program? I want it. by Synthesis
Started on: 05-24-2007 11:33 AM
Replies: 77
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 09-21-2008 06:52 AM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
i installed this about 20 min ago... forgot about it and i just about pissed myself. My volume was all the way up lolololol.

edit-
It happened again lol.. this doesn't get old ahaha

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 06-07-2008).]

IP: Logged
zetabird

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdDirect Link to This Post
i cant wait to use this program, oh and chris it would seam that you just got shot in the head
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Wonder why lol.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
it displayed during your game! HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Glad I am able to bring a bit of humor into other's lives.

Gotta just get through this next week, so I can get back to conjurin' up some of these thingies...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
xanth should make a mod, where you can shoot squirrels out of guns
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Can you make it so the squirrel swings at about half screen?
I loaded it on Mom's computer, she's got Parkinson's Disease, and only runs at 1/3 normal speed anyway.
She occasionaly locks up / falls asleep at the keyboard.
She doesn't know whats going on, but I can see were it helps her re-focus.
At 800 x 600 resolution the squirrel is mostly under her screen, all you see is the rope.
Can you get the squirrel to run at about 1/2 the present screen height, so she gets the joke?

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:

Can you make it so the squirrel swings at about half screen?
I loaded it on Mom's computer, she's got Parkinson's Disease, and only runs at 1/3 normal speed anyway.
She occasionaly locks up / falls asleep at the keyboard.
She doesn't know whats going on, but I can see were it helps her re-focus.
At 800 x 600 resolution the squirrel is mostly under her screen, all you see is the rope.
Can you get the squirrel to run at about 1/2 the present screen height, so she gets the joke?

um... perhaps there is something else I could create for her to use/interact with?
(I made a text-to speech thingie a few years back for a pffer whose relative couldn't speak any longer - it had some clickable phrases like "yes, no, thank you, etc... as well as the basic "speak what you typed" feature )

Is there something she struggles with in particular that I might be able to assist with? (Lets take this to PM so we don't destroy a perfectly good pointless thread, and you can send me naughty pictures of your local waterfowl)

I don't have much time, but I'll do what I can.

-Rumor

DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, Duck pron may be dependant on your responce, and the expressed approval of Wady.
Ya don't want someone finding that on your HD.
How about some 'R' rated Penguin flicks?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Went to the link, clicked 'save'. It saved it to the last folder I put something in. It hasn't done anything onscreen.

Is there something to manually install?--does it have to be in a certain folder?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-09-2008).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
When you save it, just double click on it.

It will run, just be patient.

I slipped it into a client's "Startup" folder.... LOL
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I did dbl click it. I see Frame1 in the task list, but have never seen any sign of the rodent.

edit-now it's working but as noted in another reply, 800x600 just shows a swinging rope and a wheeee!!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-10-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Deabionni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
Running 800 x 600 resolution is soooo 1993. Get with the times, and get a bigger screen, people

Thanks for the program, Rumor. I can already think of a few people's PC's that this will go on.

[This message has been edited by Deabionni (edited 06-10-2008).]

FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post
I have no squirrel I waited and waited It keeps showing the hour glass by the mouse but nothing happens?

checked Task manager and it doesn't show anything there either?

[This message has been edited by FieroAurora (edited 06-10-2008).]

FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post

FieroAurora

1262 posts
Member since Mar 2004
HAHAHAHA NEVER MIND GAVE MY SELF A HEART ATTACK I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OTHER GIRL TO GET THIS ON HER Login (will she?)
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
^^^ Copy the weeee.exe, and drop it into her startup folder. Then she'll get it on her login, every time she logs into her session.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
I put this on my wife's PC. It made her jump the first time but now she just giggles every time a squirrel comes by.

Thanks Rumor! Now where are those DIY VR Goggles?

(edit, I was going to give you a + put you already had one from me!)

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 06-10-2008).]

s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wDirect Link to This Post
Nice, how about a linux / ubuntu version?
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deabionni:

Running 800 x 600 resolution is soooo 1993. Get with the times, and get a bigger screen, people

For my Mom, 1993 is still new-fangled, she's pushing 80. She still needs a Que-Card to record something on her VCR.
800 x 600 is about all her eyes can handle.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by s550w:

Nice, how about a linux / ubuntu version?

I could make a java version, would that suffice?

I'll work on it again on Thursday.
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wDirect Link to This Post
My dad has switched all of his computers to ubuntu. I suspect a java program would run. I don't happen to be up to date anymore and just starting to use ubuntu myself.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Anything yet on a 600 x 800 screen version?
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
My 2 1/2 old daughter LOVES the Squirrel, she hears the WEEEE from the other room and comes running!

btw I hit reply to this thread and just then the squirrel crossed the screen
if possible, could you make other pics of squirrels randomly pop up insted of the same one?

Thank you
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I may hafta do that anyway, I'm having trouble tracking down the source code for it!

That first one was a 'quickie app" anyway...

I'll work on it mid-week.

edit: woa, I just clicked on that link up at the top... I made this in 2004?!?!?!?!?

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 06-16-2008).]

DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Anything new?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Anything new?

WORK. Lots and lots and lots of WORK.

I DID manage to install it on a few machines though. Made the day a bit more fun.
*sighs*

I need a life-sized replica of myself.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Rumor, have you considered using a .png file so the squirrel maintains a realistic look and has no fuzzy pixelated edges of the wrong colour?
It just so happens I created a squirrel that has slightly transparent edges so it works on anyones desktop.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

AusFiero

11513 posts
Member since Feb 2001
Oh, and where is the Mac version?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Rumor, have you considered using a .png file so the squirrel maintains a realistic look and has no fuzzy pixelated edges of the wrong colour?
It just so happens I created a squirrel that has slightly transparent edges so it works on anyones desktop.

Thanks for the updated squirrel...new version in a week or so... should be able to work onna Mac...

Just a quickie test (before my shift o' doom begins):

Looks like it'll work just fine...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 06-25-2008).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

FieroRumor

35007 posts
Member since Dec 2001
For anyone that's interested in makin' him a bit more "animated" as he swings across the screen, here's a template to play with:

http://augworld.com/temp/squirrel2_0.bmp

("Save target as", and remember to save it as a bmp or a png, or other non-compressing format)

Maybe move his feet a little or something...

Gotta run...Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Didnt work on mine

I click it and it goes busy for a sec then nothing.
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Fosgatecavy98

2969 posts
Member since Jul 2005
Ok it worked

Now to do destructive damage with it hehehe.
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Heh, halfway done with the new one. This one will randomly come from either side of the screen...
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Heh, halfway done with the new one. This one will randomly come from either side of the screen...

Nice.

You should have it where the rope is centered at the top of the screen, and the squirrel comes swinging across in an arc with the Tarzan noise. It will alternate between all three randomly.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Nice.

You should have it where the rope is centered at the top of the screen, and the squirrel comes swinging across in an arc with the Tarzan noise. It will alternate between all three randomly.

I considered that, but it didn't work on split-screens...

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

I considered that, but it didn't work on split-screens...

Apparently, it doesn't work so well on 800x600 screens either, so what's the difference?

I think a swinging squirl would be cool!
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Anything new?

I found a 'wheeee-related' thread on another forum where someone mentioned that it would be cool to be able to control the squirrel remotely, from another computer...

I found that to be a BRILLIANT idea.

Soooo....

I conjured THIS up during my lunch hour:
http://img258.imageshack.us...e=remotewheeeio6.jpg

Heh, works PERFECTLY

I'll just clean it up a bit and release it by the end of the week, with the new version of 'Wheee"...

Oh, remote mischief. How absolutely yummy!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 09-15-2008).]

DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

I'll just clean it up a bit and release it by the end of the week, with the new version of 'Wheee"...

Oh, remote mischief. How absolutely yummy!

Kewel?
Maybe a trigger with 'You have Mail' notification?

[This message has been edited by DtheC (edited 09-21-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
aww link no work for me
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock