Started on: 04-09-2007 06:32 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Pyrthian on 04-10-2007 08:27 AM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I am looking to start a business and was looking for a computer program to keep track of all my customers. The program wil be used for keeping track of what work has been done to a car, printout work performed and pop reminders for when a customer will need a service. Any ideas? cheaper is better as I dont have a lot of money.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
You want a service business database. I use a program called Ayanova. It's pretty cumbersome and a bit clumsy, but like you, I was working within a budget. It does have a lot of nice features, and really, for this kind of program is really pretty affordable. http://www.ayanova.com/

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 04-09-2007).]

Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-09-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
www.sql-ledger.org

www.ledgersmb.org

both are free.

EDIT: And with the first, you can buy support.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 04-09-2007).]

Phranc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
I use Quickbooks. It aint cheap and has a learnig curve but its realy good.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

I use Quickbooks. It aint cheap and has a learnig curve but its realy good.

I do work for alot of offices - and Quickbooks seems to be a favorite all around. It has good support. and, the most important part: the data is portable. it can be exported to other software for whatever reason you may have.

worst thing is when you have 12 years building a database - and the company that wrote your database software goes belly up. you are now left unsupported, and every hardware upgrade means worrying the database will run on the new system. the lesson: make sure the database is portable. you MUST be able to export your data to another database, if needed. but, this is almost a standard nowadays.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock