Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What do you guys think of Bush's great plan? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What do you guys think of Bush's great plan? by Psychosis39
Started on: 01-12-2007 11:06 AM
Replies: 51
Last post by: Uaana on 01-13-2007 11:48 PM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Couldn't resist the chance to start a second page...hehe

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-12-2007).]

IP: Logged
Psychosis39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
Everything about the Iraq war became real to me by spending a year over there.

From what I seen I think its about money more than anything, Haliburton is the only thing I really have to say about them.

Over there they pay someone who does the same job I do 100K+ a year when being out there I barely made 20 with all the "Great pay" All of the contracts over there are contracted by haliburton and they are the same people who had the contract to aid hurricane Katrina.

They have these same counterparts for every military job, tell me how this saves money. They invest alot in training each individual soldier just to have a bunch of civilian counter parts make 100k + a year and get the first 80k tax free.

Even senior NCOS don't make that much over there so its something to think about.

I just think they are making so much money off of this war they struggle to keep everything adrift. Talk to a military contractor and they will tell you this is not going to end any time soon.

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
The problem with the Iraqi Army is the very same problem we had in Vietnam.
The ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam) was for the largest part weak timid and uncommited. I will say there were exceptions but they were rare. The Viet cong on the other hand were were driven by belief and fearless. To add to the mix some had day jobs as ARVN and were V.C. at night.

For many of the Iraqi Army they are taking the only job in town, so to speak, while maintaining their secterian convictions. We are in essence training and arming the enemy.
The guys on the ground know that!
Gates wants to intergrate our guys with them. That's a recipe for disaster.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16593084/
Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
I agree with roger on letting the Iraqis vote what they want since we are the ones who messed up the country.
Plus about the Iraqi army I agree about that to because alot of the families get threatened if they learn that there sons
were going for the american trained iraqi army. Plus if you notice all of the Iraqi police wear ski masks so their identity remains unknown.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
I donot mind the semi-grunt making the 100k a year
but do mind the CORP billing 250k for the mans time

edit looks like I guessed too low

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/news/labor2.html

link claims a $5 a day iraq worker is billed at $50 or 10X
so 100k a year man costs the USA what????????
remember who owns this no bid CORP??????

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 01-13-2007).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

remember who owns this no bid CORP??????

Are you talking about Haliburton? The CEO is David J. Lesar.
When I did a quick Google search for "Who owns Haliburton" it came back with "Michael Moore." Apparently he owns about 2000 shares in Haliburton, regardless of how much he villifies them.

So, who was it you're trying to implicate? Michael Moore or David Lesar?
Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
I've spoken to some of these people before and played pool with on in kuwait

Haliburton = crooks

and its something everyone pays for
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Well the way I heard it is if they voted for us to stay, our troops would stay without any restraints on how we deal with them. IE/ now our guys cant shoot unless theyre shot at first and they have no avenue of retreat. ((( ummmmm, sound like maybe VN just a little ))))
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
((( ummmmm, sound like maybe VN just a little ))))

gee, roger, ya think?
Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
During the duration of the war many ended up comparing this war to Vietnam.

This is off the record
I had just seen talladega nights and in the end with dennit racing he has 2 big investers.
They are from Dynacorp and Haliburton, I had a laugh when I seen that.

The only thing the arguing proves is politicians are only good at one thing, and thats telling people where to die.

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
It's similar to VN because the media have protrayed it that way.

The Sunni/Shite violence "civil war" hmm do some research and it appear that it's only happening around Baghdad. Out of 12 "states" if you will, only 3 have regular insugent problems/attacks.

Christ, I swear half of this country is praying for another VN.. and those that are didn't learn the first time. We had VN beat but lost political will.
The Tet offensive in 68 was their big blast.. militarly they got their asses kicked. but the media protrayed it as a loss for the US.
PFF
System Bot
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post

Uaana

6570 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Psychosis39:

During the duration of the war many ended up comparing this war to Vietnam.

This is off the record
I had just seen talladega nights and in the end with dennit racing he has 2 big investers.
They are from Dynacorp and Haliburton, I had a laugh when I seen that.

The only thing the arguing proves is politicians are only good at one thing, and thats telling people where to die.

Been that way in every war.. Contractors suck.. I remember the MCLC (mine clearing line charge).. best we could get that damn thing to work was 50%.. They said it was end user errors.. The thing is/was a pos. Most vivid example was looking at a track with the line charge draped over it because the rocket fizzed out early. Second and personal example was having to leave the track and manually prime the charge since the connections had been broken during launch.
Both times the system had been set up and prepped according to mfg guidlines but failed in actual use.
Contractor was paid 100k to tell us we were doing it wrong and not put his butt on the line with the system..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock