Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Ok What kind of Bee is this. (warning graphic pics inside) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ok What kind of Bee is this. (warning graphic pics inside) by Capt Fiero
Started on: 10-17-2006 06:39 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Wolfhound on 10-26-2006 09:52 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
This is a pickup from this https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/044767.html thread.

What in the heck kind of bee is this. I found this one in the house and it looks just like the one that got me 3 times in the leg and left bruise like welts that took a week to finally stop hurting. I don't know what killed this one, but we found him dead on the floor near the front window of the house.

If you want larger versions of the pics go to www.captfiero.com/beebad/masters

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Looks remarkably like a Queen wasp to me?
Nick
Caladin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaladinSend a Private Message to CaladinDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a normal wasp to me (but I don't know what kind they really are). We sure have alot of them in the summer. I often find small nests from them around the outside of the house and on the underside of my car if it has sat for a while.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
That is a yellow jacket wasp. Got em everywhere in Ohio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowjacket

I am surprised you have them in BC???? Thought they only liked the southern/midwestern US.

I've had to eliminate 5 nests of these in the last 5 years around the house. They are persistant.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 10-17-2006).]

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Hornet ! Yes that's the bad boy.

3/4 to an inch long?

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 10-17-2006).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
That is a wasp.
Looks similar to a European wasp.

If it got you 3 times, it is definitely NOT a bee...
Bees have barbed stingers that disembowel them when they sting you.

Wasps can sting over and over and over again.

And if you look closely, it still has it's stinger.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Not a hornet. Average joe yellow jacket.. I actually have tons and tons of them in my house as we speak.. have to find out where they're coming from one of these days.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Hornet ! Yes that's the bad boy.

3/4 to an inch long?

Ya about an inch or so.

Well now that we know what it is, is there anyway to keep them away. We have lots of them around here, This has been the worst bee/wasp/hornet year I think I have ever seen. My boss has nests all over at his place. In cars, around the shop, even near the kids jungle gym, swing set. I normally don't mind them, but having to worry about nests in my cars is starting to bother me. I would be really upset if I go to take my 85GT for a drive after being parked for a month and turn on the heater to have a swarm come flying out the vents at me.

Caladin seeing as you are only about 30mins from where I live, I can understand you seeing lots of them. Especially with Abbotsford having so many fruit type orchards and such.

Thanks guys for all the input. I welcome any further info on these bastards. At what temperature do this normally start to become less active. It has been dropping into the 40's at night, but still coming close to 70 during the day. Do they normally nest underground, or above ground.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Is this him? If so it's a Bald face Hornet.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Not a hornet. Average joe yellow jacket.. I actually have tons and tons of them in my house as we speak.. have to find out where they're coming from one of these days.

IN YOUR HOUSE, ack I would be fumigating, chain smoking and everything I could to get them out of the house. We get 1 or 2 per day in the house and I usually kill them with a paper or other handy smacking device. If I found more than 3 or 4 in my house at once, I would seriously consider using bug bombs.
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post
I saw a MEAN looking wasp at school once. It was about 2 inches long with four wings and at least 1/2 inch stinger. I am so glad it was dead... A friend called it a grass wasp.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I can catch bee's & hornets (Alaskan one's, anyway. Haven't tryed any others.) in my hand without getting stung.
I know the secret.

1 in 20 WILL sting me, though.
But I like it!
Makes me feel better, amped up, kinda.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Wasps are baddasses, they can just sit there and bite and sting ya a bunch of times...

THESE guys are my favorites:

I have a few VERY dead ones that are 2 inches long. BIG suckers!
They are cicada killer wasps.

You can actually HEAR them when they fly. whummmmmmmmmmmm

edit: A Queen usually has an extra segment or two. If you see one, you will usually see about 9 million of its kids VERY close by...
Or , if you are lucky, you find a "new queen" that has yet to make a colony. Then, ya drop her in yer enemies' car... then...

D'oh!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 10-17-2006).]

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
GROSS

Ask anyone I know,and they'll tell you.I hate all kinds of wasp,hornet or yellow jacket..Bumble bees or honey bees are fine by me.But none of those other ones!! I get the willies juat looking at the pics in this thread!
I paint houses for a living,and let me tell you those bastages are every where in the summer.Behined shutters,down chimneys,gabel end vents by the hundreds....I've been on my 40' ladder and been trapped by them....
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Of more interest to me is how you got a 2.87MB 1024 X 980 pixel image to display on the forum.

John Stricker
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
I remember reading that insect hives were getting bigger. Learning traits from other types of insects and building mega hives. That car is just wicked freaky.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Of more interest to me is how you got a 2.87MB 1024 X 980 pixel image to display on the forum.

John Stricker

Not sure if you were refering to any of my pics, but they are all under 100k I think the average is about 80k total size. I use a compression tool to shrink them down so even a 1024x768 image is usually only 80k in jpeg format. There is a total of 5 pics in my post, maybe combined they would be, nope can't be that, total size is only 380k.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

John Stricker

I was very envious, myself!

tony78ta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tony78taSend a Private Message to tony78taDirect Link to This Post
What kind of car is that anyway?
I say 51 chevy :?
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tony78ta:

What kind of car is that anyway?
I say 51 chevy :?

thats clearly an OldsmoBEEile.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I think I found what you think you are seeing.

If you save my pics by defualt they will save as a .bmp file but if you open them in IE they are a .jpg a .bmp is roughly 2.8mb

Great trick Huh.
PFF
System Bot
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:
IN YOUR HOUSE, ack I would be fumigating, chain smoking and everything I could to get them out of the house. We get 1 or 2 per day in the house and I usually kill them with a paper or other handy smacking device. If I found more than 3 or 4 in my house at once, I would seriously consider using bug bombs.

Nah, I think the nest must be in a wall close to outside because they're hangin out on a patio door (on the inside).. Don't nkow how they're getting in though.. either way there's not many of em. Winters taking care of them nicely. They seem to be of the friendly persuasion, and I'm not a fan, so thats saying a lot.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
That explains why when you right click and view properties, it doesn't show the image size in bytes, but it still shows the width at 1024 and you're supposed to be limited to 640 pixels wide.

John Stricker

Not sure if you were refering to any of my pics, but they are all under 100k I think the average is about 80k total size. I use a compression tool to shrink them down so even a 1024x768 image is usually only 80k in jpeg format. There is a total of 5 pics in my post, maybe combined they would be, nope can't be that, total size is only 380k.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
If you use PIP to host your pics you have to limit the size.

However I don't use any of PFF's bandwidth as I host all my own pics on my own server. Only drawback is that when we lose power, all my pics go offline. But every pic I have ever posted on PFF is stored on a drive here at my place.

I am working on a major server update so the pics might go down at some point over the next few days. If I can ever find a way to get XP onto a spare box I am building.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

If I can ever find a way to get XP onto a spare box I am building.

What's the issue?

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
CD reader is questionable. Machine has no floppy and has errors reading the files from the install CD. Machine does not support booting from USB as it is too old. I am thinking about finding a 1 or 2 gig drive dumping the install files onto it. Then installing a floppy just to boot from an old Win98 disc and starting the install that way.

Unless I can find a way to get XP to do a network install, but don't recall ever seeing that option.
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2006 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
Yellow jackets rent too bad....just mean in numbers. THESE things, on the other hand---when they hit you, you dont even feel it untill you see the blood, then in about an hour it raises a VERY painful welt that lasts a week or more. Last somer my right forearm was literally double its normal size from swelling, from a single sting from one of these guys.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

The plus side is they arent overly agressive, just territorial about thier nests. I just got too close to one doing the weed-wacking.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
bee's pfff!

wasps and hornets, ouch but ya can out run them.

bumble bees are mean mother f'''kers. by all physical means they shouldn't even be able to fly. but they do and fast.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

David, the main problem with your pictures is that they're so wide that they stretch the whole thread sideways. A lot of us have to then scroll back and forth from side to side to read the posts. Try reading this thread on a 17'' monitor set at 1024 x 768 and you’ll see what I mean.

Any chance you could limit the width to 800 pixels?

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I usually cut my pics down to 800x600 or 640x480 just to simply reduce server load. But being as the detail of the bee was best shown BIG I posted them large.

I run my res at 1280x1024 so I guess I am a bit over sized.

I will keep my pics smaller from now on. Execpt for the odd insect that I want to BLOW UP WTIH DYNAMITE AND THEN SHOOT THE BITS WITH AS 14G ShotGun. Then Burn them and kill them all.

Night Night All. Many happy dreams and don't let the insects of the night bite ya.

Davo

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I run my res at 1280x1024 so I guess I am a bit over sized.

I will keep my pics smaller from now on.

Thanks !
PFF
System Bot
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
Yellow jackets are evil.....(shudder and cradle my arm in retrospect)
They are mean little satanic creatures.
There is NO DOUBT it's a yellowjacket... as stated, they are all over Ohio.....

Wasps tend to be a bit bigger, and (At least here in ohio) when they fly, you can see their legs hang, and they are generally darker in color (Brownish)....
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by intlcutlass:

Yellow jackets are evil.....(shudder and cradle my arm in retrospect)
They are mean little satanic creatures.
There is NO DOUBT it's a yellowjacket... as stated, they are all over Ohio.....

Wasps tend to be a bit bigger, and (At least here in ohio) when they fly, you can see their legs hang, and they are generally darker in color (Brownish)....

Yellow Jackets that smell meat are EVIL!!!!
And there is somethin' downrigth creepy about the way wasps legs hang down like that...

Ever see those blue/black metallic wasps? They twitch their wings a few times a second...?
Beautiful but nasty lookin' (never got stung by one of those, though...)

Tommys86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tommys86Send a Private Message to Tommys86Direct Link to This Post
Blue black? Those were the Hornets as I remember.....I had an AMC Hornet with one as the hood ornament.
The yellow jackets are great to play with. Can of either and a lighter. I get pretty good aim all summer long around here.
Some of them build there nests in the ground, some have them in the dead trees here. I have found nests just about everywhere.

AND DONT JUST SWAT THEM. They release a scent once squished that actually draws in the swarm. Best thing is to used a wasp spray.
ED's85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

thats clearly an OldsmoBEEile.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Ed
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Yellow Jackets that smell meat are EVIL!!!!
And there is somethin' downrigth creepy about the way wasps legs hang down like that...

Ever see those blue/black metallic wasps? They twitch their wings a few times a second...?
Beautiful but nasty lookin' (never got stung by one of those, though...)

Reguarding the wasps... with the long legs... I remember when I was 9 my mom was on the roof cleaning out gutters, and I was on a ladder right below her, when she stumbled over a nest... exposed anke was not far from me, and still remember, like a movie in my mind, when one of them landed on her ankle, not a foot away from me, and I remember like it was slow motion, the little bastards stinger going in and out of her ankle about 2 or 3 times before she was able to flick it off.

Once when I was cleaning my grandpa's fake shutters on the outside of the house... and I got NAILED by a yellowjacket. I have always had a bad reaction to bee stings, jellyfish, yellowjackets and everything else thats venomous. But this little bastard left my arm about twice it's normal size, and didn't heal for about 3 weeks.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Johnny... if they are in your house... you may have a BIG problem on your hand. You need to find these guys, soon. I have twice lived in homes that became invaded by wasps. They were not the nice little 'build-a-fist-sized-octagon-home-under-the-overhang'.... or the 'me-and-my-buddies-live-in-a-hole-in-the-ground' variety.

Take a look at that pic of the (I am guessing 1950 Chevy Sedan Delivery) that Rumor posted... and THAT is what I had. In my house. Well in the walls anyway. The nests were huge. Required profeesional removal, and tradesmen to restore the ripped out walls. In both cases... I had (I am not lying) fifteen or so 50 gallon garbage bags full of wasps and pulp removed. The little buggers would eat the sheetrock and use it in their home. When it started, We would find one or two wasps a day... then after a month it was 3 or 4 a day... I started looking for the nest... and dude... when I found it... the wall was frickin buzzing... and they had eaten so much rock, that the only thing holding them back was the layer of paint. In some spots... I could see little legs poking through the wall where they crawled around.

Bad news. Find the hive. If it is in your attic.. that will not do. Have it removed before the situation gets worse. They will consume wood.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Dunno where they could be. Can't be in the attic, as thats a couple levels up.. Could be in the wall I suppose right near the door.. Used to be 1-2 a day.. Then it was 5-6 a day.. then 10 for a couple a days.. and now it's down to 1 every other day or something.. You live in Texas though, they have all year to build a nest.. Unless it's quite warm in my walls, which I can't imagine?
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

What in the heck kind of bee is this.

After careful close observations I believe it to be a "Dead Bee."

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
A PFFer enters the OT section of the Fiero Forum.

Capt Fiero: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(The Moderator does not respond.)
Capt Fiero: 'Ello, Milf?
Cliff: What do you mean "Milf"?
Capt Fiero: I'm sorry, I have a cold. Cliff! I wish to make a complaint!
Moderator: We're closin' for lunch.
Capt Fiero: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this bee what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very forum.
Moderator: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
Capt Fiero: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
Moderator: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.
Capt Fiero: Look, matey, I know a dead bee when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
Moderator: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bee, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!
Capt Fiero: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead. And bees don’t have any plumage!
Moderator: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!
Capt Fiero: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the image) 'Ello, Mister Bee! I've got a lovely fresh cuttle fish for you if you
show...
(Moderator hits the image)
Moderator: There, he moved!
Capt Fiero: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the jpeg!
Moderator: I never!!
Capt Fiero: Yes, you did!
Moderator: I never, never did anything...
Capt Fiero: (yelling and hitting the image file repeatedly) 'ELLO Hornet!!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!
(Takes bee out of the image and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)
Capt Fiero: Now that's what I call a dead bee.
Moderator: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!
Capt Fiero: STUNNED?!?
Moderator: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.
Capt Fiero: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That bee is definitely deceased, and when I downloaded it not 'alf an hour
ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged buzzzzzz.
Moderator: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.
Capt Fiero: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?
Moderator: The Norwegian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bee, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!
Capt Fiero: Look, I took the liberty of examining that bee when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the
first place was that it had been NAILED there.
(pause)
AND....bees don’t have any plumage!
Moderator: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bee down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and
VOOM! Feeweeweewee!
Capt Fiero: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bee wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised! And BEES DON”T have BEAKS!!!!

Moderator: No no! 'E's pining!

Capt Fiero: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This bee is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e
rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the
bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-BEE!!
(pause)
Moderator: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh,
we're right out of bees.
Capt Fiero: I see. I see, I get the picture.
Moderator: I got a slug.
(pause)
Capt Fiero: Pray, does it talk?
Moderator: Nnnnot really.
Capt Fiero: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?
Moderator: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)
Capt Fiero: Well.
(pause)
Moderator: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come back to my place? I'll show you my banana...
Capt Fiero: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 10-18-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock