Started on: 10-12-2006 02:28 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: isthiswhereiputausername? on 10-12-2006 06:59 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I was just going through my programmes to clean my laptop.. and saw PIP, with an MSN Messenger icon before it, and a total of 2194 megs used!!! WHAT?? My laptop seems to be going mad..how could this happen?
Also, I want to reinstall my Epson 3600cx printer/scanner machine...and it won't uninstall...how can I get rid of it?
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 10-12-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I don't quite understand what you're telling us, Nick. Just for comparison though, my PIP folder is a grand total of 261KB.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Well, Patrick, I am not surprised you don't understand!! I haven't explained my self at all well.
I went to my add/delete programmes function, and as I scrolled down, I saw an MSN Messenger icon, followed by PIP..and on the righthand column, it says the programme is 2197 mgbytes...seems like something is amiss, but I don't know what
I have so much stuff on this laptop, it is bulging at the seams.Just as my workshop is too!! I am a Magpie: always keeping things because I am sure to need it, as soon as I throw it away!
So, how can I make a screenshot, to illustrate this thread,please?? I am scared to remove it and reinstall PIP..it ddn't work for so long, and it has for the last few weeks!
What I would REALLY like to do, is to put the whole of my laptop, in its entirety, onto my external, 320 gig drive, and then format my 'C' drive, and restart a new XP Home. Can I do this easily? The external drive has about 140 gig empty, the other section holding my karaoke files (36,505 karaoke song files )
So...
Nick
Edit to add..forgot to mention..after 'PIP', it says PIP\C:\programme files\C.

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 10-12-2006).]

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Nick: The only thing I can think of is Windows has mistaken PIP for something else, the MSN icon is a weird indicator for PIP. Windows can be very flaky sometimes (sometimes???).

I run PIP in a virtual machine called Crossover and the folder in "fake/C:" is about 263 kb.

The Epson printer software is weird as well. Never had Epson software refuse to uninstall before I've run Epsons for about 10 years.

Copying the contents of your HDD to the external should not be too difficult. However, when you install a new copy of Windows you will have to reinstall all of your programs to the new opertating system. Should be fairly simple. Plug the external into the PC with USB or whatever and copy and paste all your info onto the external. Would take some time. There are programs out there that will do it all for you:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/multibooting.html

http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/index.shtml

Norton Ghost:
www.symantecstore.com

Cheers.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 10-12-2006).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Oh my gawd, will someone please teach Tutnkmn the proper use of UBB Code.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Oh my gawd, will someone please teach Tutnkmn the proper use of UBB Code.

It's those dadgum Symantec URLs. Everytime I try to change/restructure them I loose the link

Don't have a problem except with Norton links

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 10-12-2006).]

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
PIP\C:\programme files\C

Almost sounds like a copy of your C drive was accidently copied into the pip folder.. Have a look inside it to see if you see all your other programs.

It may also be just a link to your program files..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock