Started on: 10-05-2006 11:14 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: litespd on 10-08-2006 12:45 AM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Mission Space at Epcot - simulates a space launch and pulls 2.5 G's for 30-40 seconds at a time.

The Rock'n'Roller coaster at MGM pulls 5 G's at launch

With people dying left and right from heart defects and strokes, what, if anything, do you think should be done?

Personally, I think they shouldn't do anything, and create a jet simulation where you have to wear a pressurized suit to keep from blacking out during the 9 G rolls... Although, I think they should do more to disclose the intensity of the ride - a listing of G forces and time they are acting. The 59 year old that left the rock'n'roller coaster probably should not have ridden. I did NOT know it was as intense as it was. I thought it was a regular roller coaster, not a freaking catapult

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Make 'em pull more G's but don't post any warnings other then "ride at your own risk". Think of all money you could save by weeding out the weak hearts. Kill 'em early and you don't have to pay for the sextuple bypass.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I dunno, that "Mission Space" one was not too bad, and that Aerosmith one was FUN! WHOOOOSH!

I suppose if you didn't know you had a heart condition, it's not so cool, but if you DO know it, read the signs!

Don't go on rides!

But I agree, there were some rides that had the signs that were downright TAME. Hard to know until you are on the ride...

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:
But I agree, there were some rides that had the signs that were downright TAME. Hard to know until you are on the ride...

exactly. "It's a small world" doesn't need a "DANGER!!! WILL CAUSE DEATH" warning.

edit... well maybe it does.

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 10-06-2006).]

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Phranc,If that was intended to be funny,it wasn't!Someday you may fall into the same trap that you suggest. Maybe we should temporarily raise the Social Security retirement age to 90 until it was time for you to retire,then lower it so you can benefit from paying into it.Just think of all the people who will die before ever collecting SS at 90.
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

exactly. "It's a small world" doesn't need a "DANGER!!! WILL CAUSE DEATH" warning.

edit... well maybe it does.

You can get pretty nasty heart disease from that ride, all the schmaltz they throw around. That, or rapid-onset diabetes....

And I nearly laughed myself into a coma when I saw the "Egypt" part. The Sphinx's head was rocking back and forth in time to the music, and I imagined hearing this little "squeak...squeak..."...and then had to explain to everyone why I was laughing.

Ed
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
Cedar Point is notorious for having the most thrill rides in one park. Here's some highlights of theirs from the "picture is worth 1000 words" department.

The Magnum XL-200 would be a good starting point, as it's only 205' tall, only has a 60 degree first drop, and only reaches speeds of 72MPH.

View from the first hill.

If you want to go higher than 205' and roller coasters aren't your thing, then you really can't go wrong with the Power Tower; as it'll take you up to 245'.

Here's a view from the top of the ride.

Ok, so you still want to go higher and faster? Then the Millenium Force just may be the ride you're looking for. You'll reach a height of 310', you'll experiance a 80 degree drop, and reach speeds of 93MPH.

The first drop.

And what the view is like while you're up there.

[This message has been edited by Deabionni (edited 10-06-2006).]

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Deabionni

4086 posts
Member since Mar 2004
Want to go higher and faster than that? Me too! That’s why I’m glad that they were kind enough to build the Top Thrill Dragster! On that ride, you’ll reach a height of 420’, experience a 90 degree climb and drop, and reach speeds of 120MPH; and you’ll do all of this within the 16 second duration of the ride.

Here’s a view of what you can see while you’re up there.

And here’s what you’ll see as you’re heading back to the ground.

And finally, here’s a height comparison between the rides.

Wanna go?
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deabionni:
Wanna go?

Depends... how many G's are we talking about?
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
^^^I forget how many G's each ride will subject you to, but Cedar Point has a strict 5G MAXIMUM policy.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
pffft.... weak.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
If you guy remember back, in the old days when they were first building coasters, lot's of people were getting some ALL kinds of damage from riding them! Broken bones, snapped necks, heart failure, etc.
Them were the daze!!!

Reminds me of some skit I seen made like a commercial for a new coaster.
It had a booming announcer voice: "Turns pulling 9Gs, and TWO......FULL......MINUTES.....UNDERWATER!!!!!!!!!"
At the end of the ride they had live reporters: "We're seeing all kinds injuries here Tom. "Broken necks, 2 children are missing, and there have already been 3 drownings."

I don't remember where I saw it, or even the wording, but FUNNY!!!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 10-06-2006).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
Yup, went to Cedar Point this past summer. Absolutely awesome coaster park. Not for the faint of heart. Speaking of "faint"ing , one girl standing in line in front of us at the top fuel dragster, passed out while watching the cars take off. 0 to 120mph in about 4 seconds. There's even a warning sign that says sometimes the cars don't make it over the top the first time. Don't worry, you just fall backwards, are caught at the beginning and re-launched. Adds to the nervous anticipation factor. Great ride.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

If you guy remember back, in the old days when they were first building coasters, lot's of people were getting some ALL kinds of damage from riding them! Broken bones, snapped necks, heart failure, etc.
Them were the daze!!!

Reminds me of some skit I seen made like a commercial for a new coaster.
It had a booming announcer voice: "Turns pulling 9Gs, and TWO......FULL......MINUTES.....UNDERWATER!!!!!!!!!"
At the end of the ride they had live reporters: "We're seeing all kinds injuries here Tom. "Broken necks, 2 children are missing, and there have already been 3 drownings."

I don't remember where I saw it, or even the wording, but FUNNY!!!

Verified Injury Accidents at Theme and Amusement Parks:

Spacely Sprocket Rockets at Six Flags Great America
August 16, 2006
A 10-year-old girl from Arlington Heights, Ill. who had a history of heart trouble collapsed shortly after riding this kiddie roller coaster. Paramedics responded and found the girl in full cardiac arrest. She was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead. -- Reported on August 17, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Amazing Acrobats of China at Six Flags Elitch Gardens
August 11, 2006
One of the performers fell and hit his head while attempting to balance on a stack of chairs during a performance. The acrobat, whose name was not released, was rushed to Denver Health Medical Center, where he died the next day. -- Reported on August 13, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
August 11, 2006
A 17-year-old rider suffered a broken leg after riding Alpengeight, at about 5:20 p.m. this evening. James City County fire officials reported that the boy, whose name has not yet been released, fractured his femur in two places. According to park officials, the victim suffered from a pre-existing medical condition that may have contributed to the injury. As a result, the victim was airlifted to Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters in Norfolk. -- Reported on August 11, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Dolphin Cove at SeaWorld Orlando
July 30, 2006
A 6-year-old boy from Valdosta, Georgia suffered a bruised arm after a dolphin bit him. The dolphin's teeth did not break the skin, and the boy's mother freed the boy by beating on the dolphin's nose. The animal was removed from the exhibit for retraining. -- Reported on August 2, 2006 by Erik Yates.

Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia
July 27, 2006
A 45-year-old man passed out while riding Goliath, then later died of what authorities called an apparent heart attack. -- Reported on July 28, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Gwazi Tiger at Busch Gardens Tampa
July 25, 2006
Thomas M. Welch, 52, of Palm Harbor, Florida, complained tha he felt ill shorty after riding Gwazi. Park paramedics responded and performed CPR after Welch lost consciousness. He was taken to local hospital, where he died, about two hours after riding. -- Reported on July 26, 2006 by Philip Pasch.

Tornado at Adventureland
July 24, 2006
An 11-year-old girl was hospitalized, and two others suffered more minor injuries, when a train on the Tornado roller coaster struck a board that had been left on or near the ride's track by maintenance personnel. -- Reported on July 28, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers
July 20, 2006
At alton towers today at about 11:00am the runaway mine train had an accident. as it was going around the track the end part of the train came off and rolled back crashing in to the front part. Two people were tken to hospital in an air ambulance and another was driven to the hospital. alton towers do not know what caused this accident but they are investigating now. -- Reported on July 20, 2006 by michael stone.

Lisebergbanan at Liseberg
July 15, 2006
Two trains collided on the Lisebergbanan roller coaster, sending 15-20 people to the local hospitals with injuries described as non-life-threatening by an official who spoke to Swedish media. The reason for the collision is at this time unknown. -- Reported on July 15, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Mission: Space at Epcot
July 10, 2006
A 35 year-old woman was getting off "Mission-Space" when she lost consciousness, at about 8:30 PM. She told the rescue workers she had a tingling in her arms and hands and was taken by helicopter to Orlando Regional Medical Center, in stable condition. -- Reported on July 11, 2006 by Kitty Kat.

Son of Beast at Paramount's Kings Island
July 9, 2006
More than two dozen people were injured when the Son of Beast coaster came to an abrupt stop at the end of its ride. At least one person was admitted to a local hospital and about 20 others were taken to hospitals, treated and released. Local authorities said that most of the injured were treated for minor neck and chest injuries. -- Reported on July 9, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Rock n' Roller Coaster at Disney-MGM Studios
June 29, 2006
A 12-year-old boy died on a roller coaster at Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida, on Thursday, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. -- Reported on June 29, 2006 by Scott Galas.

Fantasy Dream at Lotte World
June 27, 2006
An overhead ceiling tile fell on the head of a 10-year-old boy who was riding this indoor roller coaster. The boy was treated for cuts and bruises to his head, but escaped serious injury. -- Reported on June 28, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Volcano: The Blast Coaster at Paramount's Kings Dominion
June 23, 2006
Two people suffered minor injuries when a train on the Volcano coaster stalled and rolled back after leaving the loading station. The 15 riders were stranded on the track, more than 10 feet above the ground. Emergency personnel were called to free the riders using fire equipment, which took almost two hours to get the last rider off. Two people were hospitalized, one boy for a leg injury and a man for head injuries. -- Reported on June 24, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster at Universal Studios Florida
June 19, 2006
A 4-year-old girl suffered cuts on her foot when getting off the coaster. Her foot became wedged between the coaster and the load platform. She was taken to the hospital for treatment and released. The was inspected and reopened the next day. -- Reported on June 20, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Wild Thing at Valleyfair
May 21, 2006
The rear car on the Wild Thing roller coaster derailed and broke from the rest of the train as it approached the unload station. Fourteen people were treated at a local hospital for minor injuries, and all were released within three hours. -- Reported on May 21, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Miniature train at Gulliver's Theme Park
May 11, 2006
A maintenance engineer was decapitated when a miniture train he was riding went into a tunnel at Gulliver's Theme Park in Milton Keynes, Bucks, United Kingdom. Hugh Dow, 56, was killed instantly. The train should have had sufficient clearance to allow the engineer to proceed through the tunnel, so an investigation is being carried out by the Health and Safety Executive to determine what caused the accident. -- Reported on May 16, 2006 by Gareth H.

April 11, 2006
A 49-year-old German woman became ill after riding Mission: Space on April 11, 2006. She was taken to Celebration Hospital, where she died the next day. -- Reported on April 12, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Texas Tornado at Six Flags Over Texas
March 12, 2006
Four people suffered minor injuries at on the Texas Tornado swing ride at about 6 p.m on Sunday, March 12, 2006 when the several chairs came to an aburpt stop while the ride was stopping. One woman was sent to a hospital with back pain while others were treated at the park. -- Reported on March 13, 2006 by Robert OGrosky.

Atlantis Adventure at Lotte World
March 6, 2006
A 28-year-old man fell to his death from the Atlantis Adventure water coaster, an Intamin AG Aqua Trax coaster. -- Reported on March 7, 2006 by Robert Niles.

Triple Hurricane at Cypress Gardens
February 25, 2006
A 12-15 year old boy fell out of the Triple Hurricane roller coaster when it was going around a turn at around 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2006. He fell from a height of about 15 feet. He was airlifted to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital in Tampa, where he was listed in serious condition with multiple injuries. -- Reported on February 26, 2006 by Betty Solbjor.

Peter Pan's Flight at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
February 14, 2006
A 70-year-old man was pinned between ride vehicles when he tried to board the ride from the load area moving sidewalk, at about 6:30 p.m. The ride was closed, then reopened the next morning after an investigation. No malfunction was found with the ride. The area around the ride in Fantasyland was evacuated for about an hour after the accident while emergency personnel assisted the victim. The man was treated for unspecified injuries at Orlando Regional Medical Center, where he was reported in good condition the next day. -- Reported on February 16, 2006 by Robert Niles.

G-Force - Conklin Shows at Canadian National Exhibition
September 5, 2005
Twelve people taken to hospital after ride "froze" and shut down. -- Reported on September 6, 2005 by T Kearney.

Mission: Weekend Warriors at Six Flags Great Adventure
August 18, 2005
During an extreme sports show at around 6 p.m. a female jet skier went off a 6-8 foot jump. Upon landing, she didn't clear the jump area right away. A male on a jetski immediately behind her went off the jump and landed directly on top of her head and body. Right after the accident the announcer closed the show and asked everyone to leave (it took awhile to clear the stadium). [Editor's note: The performer, Ann-Marie Elia, 32, of Reseda, Calif., was treated and released from CentraState Medical Center.] -- Reported on August 21, 2005 by sharon louise.

Haunted Hotel at Warner Bros. Movie World Madrid
August 13, 2005
According to a statement from the park, a 23-year-old Spanish man died after trying to climb out of the safety restraints on the ride. The movement of the attraction caused the man to hit his head, inflicting a fatal injury. Park emergency workers responded and the victim was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead. -- Reported on August 15, 2005 by Robert Niles.

California Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure
July 29, 2005
Two trains collided on Disneyland California Adventure's California Screamin' near the loading platform. 48 people were on the ride at the time, with as many as 15 transported by Anaheim EMS to local hospitals. -- Reported on July 29, 2005 by an anonymous reader.

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney-MGM Studios
July 12, 2005
16-year-old Leanne Deacon of Britain suffered cardiac arrest after riding Tower of Terror. She was resuscitated by emergency workers and transported to Celebration Hospital, where she was listed in critical condition and unresponsive. -- Reported on July 12, 2005 by Jason Herrera.

June 13, 2005
Daudi Bamuwamye, 4, of Sellersville, Pa., died at Celebration Hospital on Monday, June 13, 2005, after passing out while riding Mission: Space that afternoon. The boy did meet the 44-inch minimum height requirement for the ride. An autopsy was planned to determine the cause of death. According to the Associated Press, six people over age 55 were taken to hospitals for treatment of chest pain and nausea after riding Mission: Space during an eight-month period in 2003-04. None were found to have any serious problem. -- Reported on June 14, 2005 by Jason Herrera.

Rita: Queen Of Speed at Alton Towers
June 13, 2005
Amelia Seiga, 12, suffered the double fractures after riding on the new Rita, Queen of Speed ride at Alton Towers theme park, in Staffordshire, her mother said. She said: "The force of the ride was so strong that it peeled her hands off the guard rail and bent her wrists back." -- Reported on June 17, 2005 by Samuel Hale.

Storybook Land Canal Boats at Disneyland
March 16, 2005
A small child's finger became trapped between the boat and loading dock when an adult stepped on the side to enter the boat. A bone in the finger was broken and the finger severed at the tip. Disneyland closed the ride for two days, then made unspecified changes at the loading area as a result of the incident. -- Reported on March 21, 2005 by Robert Niles.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland
December 11, 2004
I am female and 41 years old. I had just exited the train and took two steps on the wood flooring which was still wet from the cleaning crews and slipped and fell to the ground. I could not move due to pain in my knee. I was transported to first aid via a wheelchair for an ice pack. I still have swelling and bruising on my knee and hip. -- Reported on December 14, 2004 by an anonymous reader.

Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida
September 21, 2004
Jose Valadez, 39, of Apopka, died Sept. 22, 2004, a day after falling from the loading platform at Universal Studios Florida's Revenge of the Mummy ride. Valadez was awaiting a liver transplant and doctors told his family that his liver disease complicated the surgery they performed after the accident. Valadez fell as he was trying to board the ride. After falling, Valadez hit his head on the tracks. He complained to paramedics of stomach pain and that he couldn't feel his leg. -- Reported on September 23, 2004 by Robert Niles.

Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point
July 12, 2004
The cable that launches the train frayed, sending metal fragments into the air hitting four riders on the train. The riders had minor injuries; which have been compared to bee stings by some officials. Top Thrill Dragster is currently closed. -- Reported on July 14, 2004 by Mike CP.
July 8, 2004
Two trains on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad collided in the loading area at 5:05 p.m. Anaheim police reported that a 10-year-old boy, a 44-year-old woman and a 42-year-old man were transported by private ambulance to a local area hospital for undisclosed injuries. -- Reported on July 8, 2004 by Jason Herrera.

Elephant Encounter at Six Flags Marine World
June 1, 2004
A trainer at an amusement park was critically injured Tuesday when he was gored by an elephant, officials said. Patrick Chapple, 39, was standing next to the 7,000-pound African elephant at Six Flags Marine World when she knocked him down and gored him, said Fire Department spokesman William Tweedy. Chapple's abdomen was pierced but he was alert and talking when paramedics arrived, Tweedy said. -- Reported on June 2, 2004 by Jeff Arons.

Rajun' Cajun at Six Flags Great America
May 29, 2004
A 52-year-old employee died June 16 of injuries suffered on the Rajun Cajun May 29. No details on what exactly happened. -- Reported on June 17, 2004 by Mary Ann Nowak.

Mind Scrambler at Playland Amusement Park
May 22, 2004
Seven-year-old Stephanie Dieudonné died after being thrown from the Mind Scrambler around 6:30 p.m. on May 22. Investigators for the county-owned and operated amusement park told local newspapers that they have ruled out operator or mechanical error in the accident. -- Reported on May 23, 2004 by Robert Niles.

Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England
May 1, 2004
A 55 year old man fell out of S:ROS at about 3 p.m. today as the ride was approaching the end of its run, according to a statement from the park. The man, whose identity wasnot immediately released, was transported to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield and pronounced dead at about 3:45. The ride is closed pending an investigation by the park and Agawam, Mass. police. The Mass. Department of Public Safety, which oversees rides in the state, was also notified. -- Reported on May 1, 2004 by Jeff Arons.

Hydro at Oakwood Leisure Park
April 15, 2004
Got several reports of a 17-18 yr old young woman who was killed after she fell 100 feet off of the attraction. Also reports of an additonal young child who was injured too. Maybe someone can post a news link when it becomes available. That's all the info I have at the moment. -- Reported on April 15, 2004 by Jason Herrera.

Dollywood Express at Dollywood
April 14, 2004
An unidentified woman from out of state fell from the train after losing her balance after a drink was spilled upon her, according to investigators. She was airlifted to a local hospital with unspecified injuries, then released the next day. -- Reported on April 15, 2004 by an anonymous reader.

Scream at Six Flags Magic Mountain
April 9, 2004
An employee was struck dead on this morning's test run. Bantita Rackchamroon, 21, was on the track near the load station when the train hit her. California's OSHA is investigating why she was on the track, and why a train was dispatched with someone on track. -- Reported on April 9, 2004 by Clara Bysurf.

The Hawk at Rockin' Raceway
March 14, 2004
A Nashville, Tenn. woman fell 60 feet to her death Sunday from a ride at "Rockin' Raceway" park in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. June Alexander, 51, died from injuries suffered after she fell from "The Hawk," a rocking ship ride that eventually turns upside down. Alexander was pronounced dead at a local hospital. -- Reported on March 14, 2004 by Robert Niles.

Magic Kingdom Afternoon Parade at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
February 11, 2004
Javier Cruz, 38, of Orlando, who played Pluto, was killed when he was run over and crushed by a float at the beginning of the Magic Kingdom's afternoon parade. -- Reported on February 11, 2004 by Robert Niles.

Men In Black Alien Attack at Universal Studios Florida
January 8, 2004
When the ride came to an end, the boy reportedly stuck his leg out and jammed his foot between the vehicle and the platform. One of the boy's toes may have to be removed because of the accident. -- Reported on January 8, 2004 by David Klawe.

Jurassic Park River Adventure at Universal's Islands of Adventure
November 3, 2003
16 year old Emily M. fractured her wrist and injured her elbow when the boat came to an abrupt stop at the end of the ride, causing her arm to strike a metal part of the seat assembly. There were only about 8 people on the ride at the time (it holds about 30 people when full). She was treated by the park's first aid and then transported to a local hospital for further treatment. She is represented by attorney Elwood Lippincott Jr. of Coral Gables, Florida. -- Reported on March 20, 2004 by an anonymous reader.

Texas Cyclone at Six Flags Astroworld
October 19, 2003
Several people were injured by a falling board on the wooden Texas Cyclone coaster. The accident happened at 8:30 pm. -- Reported on October 22, 2003 by Dave Bradley.

Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure
September 23, 2003
A 34-year-old woman was taken to Sand Lake Hospital after she was found unconscious and without a pulse in her seat after her train returned to the station at 2:35 p.m. -- Reported on September 23, 2003 by Robert Niles.

September 5, 2003
One man was killed and at least 10 others injured after an accident at Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Authorities set up a triage area near the ride, located in the Frontierland section of the park. One person was injured with facial lacerations. Other injuries appear to be minor. -- Reported on September 5, 2003 by Jason Herrera.

Jimmy Neutron's Brainwasher at Paramount Canada's Wonderland
August 23, 2003
The round car carrying one adult and three children broke off the steel arm and crashed to the ground from a height of around five feet. The three children were taken to hospital, one of those being air-lifted, with undisclosed injuries. However, blood was plainly visible on the face of one child and the arms/torso of another. The adult is complaining of back injuries. [Later reports indicated that none of the injuries was serious.--Editor] -- Reported on August 25, 2003 by an anonymous reader.

Stagecoach at Knott's Berry Farm
August 18, 2003
The stagecoach lost pressure in its brakes, causing operators to be unable to stop the coach. The horse team ran into a fence, causing the death of one of the lead horses, and minor, unspecified injuries to one ride operator and two guests. -- Reported on August 20, 2003 by David Klawe.

Top Gun at Paramount's Kings Island
July 25, 2003
Karen Krekeler, a mother of four from Bethel, Ohio, suffered an apparent heart attack while riding Top Gun. Park officials noticed her having trouble breathing when her train reentered the station. Paramedics were summoned and performed CPR. She was taken to Bethesda North Hospital, where she was taken off life support and died the next day. -- Reported on August 12, 2003 by an anonymous reader.

Joker's Jukebox at Six Flags New Orleans
July 9, 2003
Police said a 52-year-old woman, Rosa Donaldson, was in the area of the Joker's Jukebox ride at about 6:30 p.m. when the ride started up and she was hit by one of its cars. Donaldson was declared dead at Lakeland Hospital of blunt-force internal injuries. At the time of the incident, the cars on the ride were about 3 feet from the ground, a park spokeswoman told a New Orleans TV station. -- Reported on July 10, 2003 by Robert Niles.

A 52 year old woman was struck by the cars on the Jokers Jukebox when the ride started. Family members claim she was tightening the seatbelt on her grandkids car and the ride operators failed to notice her before starting the ride. -- Reported on July 11, 2003 by Tim Hillman.

TIDAL FORCE® at Hersheypark
June 28, 2003
I was at the railing facing the ride and the car came down the chute. It hit the bottom and went under the bridge like it always did, but this time the car kept coming straight at us. It rain up onto the rocks and almost hit the railing. There was 19 people in the car. The paramedics came and put some of the people on backboards and one girl had those inflatable cuffs put on her legs. 6 people were taken to Hershey Med by ambulance. They were various ages. It appeared that the people in the car were between the ages of about 6 years old up to people in their 50's. The ride was immediately shut down and park security closed off the area. It was scary but I have to commend the park on their response time and how quickly they tended to the injuries of the people in the boat. -- Reported on June 29, 2003 by Melinda Fultz.

Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America
May 3, 2003
An 11-year-old girl was found unconscious when Raging Bull pulled in the station around noon. CPR was performed, but not long after she was rushed to St. Therese hospital, she was pronounced dead. An autopsy will be performed to determine her exact cause of death. -- Reported on May 3, 2003 by Mr. D. T..

Autopia at Disneyland
April 30, 2003
Boy ran in front of car and was run over. Extent of injuries unknown. Ride was shut down that afternoon. -- Reported on May 9, 2003 by an anonymous reader.

Aladdin at Disney's California Adventure
April 22, 2003
I was told about an accident that occurred at about 8 a.m. this morning in DCA. An electrician fell from the catwalk of the Hyperion Theatre. All I have been told is the person was a male, age 36. He did have his safety harness on, but it was not attached to the catwalk as it was supposed to be. The cast member fell about 42 feet. Cal OSHA was brought in and the Hyperion Theater was closed, and all Aladdin shows cancelled, while safety inspections were carried out. The announcement said the shows were cancelled due to technical problems. No information as to the person's condition has been released yet. -- Reported on April 22, 2003 by an anonymous reader.

Disney was fined $18,530 for an April accident in which a 36-year-old worker died after falling 42 feet. -- Reported on October 15, 2003 by Jason Herrera.

Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
March 1, 2003
A painter working on the Big Bad Wolf roller coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg died after the high-reaching vehicle he was in overturned. A fire department spokesman said the man was dead when rescue workers arrived shortly before 10:30 a.m. -- Reported on March 3, 2003 by Coaster Enthusiast.
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney-MGM Studios
February 15, 2003

Police Academy Stunt Show at Warner Bros. Movie World
February 5, 2003
Three workers were injured in an explosion at the show's pyrotechnic compound, while building fireworks. One man was in a critical condition with burns to more than 60 percent of his body. The others were described as in serious condition. -- Reported on February 6, 2003 by Robert Niles.

Magic Kingdom Ferry Boats at Walt Disney World
December 27, 2002
Eight people were injured when a ferry boat failed to slow down enough and slammed into the dock on the Seven Seas Lagoon. At least six people were treated and released. -- Reported on January 2, 2003 by Robert Niles.

More Here:
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/accidents/list.cfm

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 10-06-2006).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2006 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of accidents... There was one a year or two ago... one of the elevator cars on MGM's Tower of Terror was placed in a test mode. I guess it fell farther and faster than it was supposed to, and triggered a safety mechanism that stopped the elevator from crashing through the floor. The people were taken to the hospital, I believe some had neck injuries.

They all got free passes and free airfare there for life if they signed waivers.
Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm getting too old for roller coasters. This past summer, we were at Six Flags Magic Mountain riding Goliath. During one of the turns, I blacked out for a second. I blamed it on the heat that day. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deabionni:

If you want to go higher than 205' and roller coasters aren't your thing, then you really can't go wrong with the Power Tower; as it'll take you up to 245'.

That thing is nasty, one side takes you up to the top nice and slow then drops you, the other side shoots you to the top then drops you.
I cant stand rides that take forever to get to the top, its too much. You have too long to think about what all could go wrong. I wouldnt have wanted a heart monitor on me when I rode the side that went up slow.

Some of these costers are getting to the point were I wont ride them. Im not as young as I use to be and dont like walking around with a head ache for an hour after the ride.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://maverick.cedarpoint.com/
Cedar Point will take guests to a new frontier in 2007. The historic amusement park/resort has announced plans for a new roller coaster for next summer named Maverick. Located in Frontiertown, Maverick will treat riders to multiple terrain-hugging elements that have never been experienced on a Cedar Point roller coaster.

Guests will begin their adventurous journey on Maverick by boarding steam-era-styled coaster trains with an ultra-sleek profile that will carry them along the 4,450-foot-long course. Linear synchronous motors will propel the train to the top of a 105-foot-tall first hill. From there, it's not straight down – it's more than straight down! Maverick will take its passengers down to Earth at an astonishing 95-degree angle at speeds of up to 57 mph to within five feet above the ground! From there, the train will hug the terrain as it twists and banks around hairpin turns with quick but smooth changes in direction. Throughout the 2-minute, 30-second ride, passengers will also experience eight "airtime-filled hills," three inversions and a second launch through a dark tunnel that will leave them in awe as they reach speeds of 70 mph!

Situated on 5.5 acres between the Mean Streak roller coaster and Thunder Canyon water ride, Maverick will be Cedar Point's 17th coaster, more scream machines than any park in the world. Maverick will cost approximately $21 million to build, making it one of the single largest investments in the park's 137-year history.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Verified Injury Accidents at Theme and Amusement Parks:

Boonie, did anyone ever tell you that you were a "buzzkill"?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock