Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Terrorists ready to nuke US cities! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Terrorists ready to nuke US cities! by Red88FF
Started on: 09-27-2006 01:15 AM
Replies: 55
Last post by: Hulk on 09-29-2006 08:39 PM
Red88FF

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/paul-williams091606.htm

"Urgent news from Abu Dawood, one of the newly appointed commanders of the al Qaeda forces in Afghanistan:

Final preparations have been made for the American Hiroshima, a major attack on the U. S."

This story has been mentioned Twice in other threads with out any response other than one person providing links to other sources for the story.
What's with this? does nobody around here care? hmmmm.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
there are plenty who care.

"the enemy has entered in our homes and we have the right to enter in their homes, they are killing us, we will kill them."

we'll see who wins that battle.

i don't know anything about CFP but it looks kinda distorted.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Where do you see the word "nuke" in the article lol.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Where do you see the word "nuke" in the article lol.

Try one of these, Thought most were familiar enough with what is going on that they realizes what the article was about, might have to back up to a previous days story. It was on one of these and some of the more major news providers a few days ago. These links were thoughtfully provided by loafergt.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=72986

http://www.stratfor.com/products/premium/read_article.php?id=275580

http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=56999&CFID=20269193&CFTOKEN=54257455

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52085

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49950

Suitcase tactical nuclear weapons I believe the claim was 8 of them in position now, sleep well.

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
I really think if these crack heads had a nuke, they'd use it on Israel first. Then that would be the END of the terrorists. God has no fury like Israel unleashed!

But, if they did hit us. Same thing, bada bing bada BOOM all over the middle east.

Could they be that stupid? Bush would do it.

I really doubt their capability. Part of terrorism is also the impending THREAT of terror. It gets you off balance and afraid. If we live in fear, they win.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 09-27-2006).]

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Nope. I don't care.

Worrying about what might happen isn't going to do anything, it's not like you will be inspired to go searching for bombs because you read an article.

All these stupid-ass threads on terrorist bullshit only do one thing-instill terror. You don't need a weapon to be a terrorist, you can do it with words almost as well as with actions.

I don't care how many reports on an imminent attack come out of the wood work, I don't give a **** . They are written for 2 reasons: for publicity and with the hope that they can be the one who "tried to warn the country" on the off chance the **** really does go down.

Its the same reason I don't even read ANY of proff's posts or threads; on the off chance a flaming rock is hurtling towards earth, WTF am I going to do about it?

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

[B]
on the off chance a flaming rock is hurtling towards earth, WTF am I going to do about it?

A really big baseball bat!
slade1274

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slade1274Send a Private Message to slade1274Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

on the off chance a flaming rock is hurtling towards earth, WTF am I going to do about it?

Don't worry, Ben Affleck will save us.... with a little help from Bruce Willis.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

What do you suggest we do about it?
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
One of my professors mentioned he heard something on Glen Beck, about Al Qaeda having a nuclear weapon smuggled in from mexico or something... They'll probably hit Disney World.

Oh well... when I see the bright light, I'll duck and cover.

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 09-27-2006).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

What do you suggest we do about it?

exactly.
this thread would be much more helpful if there was actualy some information.....
I'm not saying it can't happen, or won't happen......
I can tell you right now, with 100% certainty that you will die.
time & place really helps, eh?
PFF
System Bot
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

i don't know anything about CFP but it looks kinda distorted.

I agree, I dont trust any page with a few popups and plastered with adsense.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
The bottom line is that there's not a great deal that any individual can do about it.
9/11 was a sucker punch. We're much more vigilant, now.
I'm hoping that our intelligence community is on top of things. They seem to have a pretty good record since 9/11.
I believe that most of what we're hearing from the Arab mouthpieces is propaganda. One thing the Arab people are famous for is bluster, whether they have the capability to make good on their threats or not. Think about that statement.

And if something happens to get through, then people will die. The rest of us will deal with it in one way or another, as we always have.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
I believe that most of what we're hearing from the Arab mouthpieces is propaganda.

What ? You didn't believe Baghdad Bob ? The Information Minister.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

What ? You didn't believe Baghdad Bob ? The Information Minister.

Aw cripes!
I had actually forgotten about him. He's the personification of the attitude, in a "twisted caricature" sort of way.
I was talking about this in a more general sense. It's the same old bla-bla-bla.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

And if something happens to get through, then people will die. The rest of us will deal with it in one way or another, as we always have.

That is an unfortunate but entirely true statement. I guess we will take another for the team before acting.

Frankly what I would like to see is a fight fire with fire approach and simply state that in the event even ONE of these bombs were to detonate we will completely level multiple mid eastern cities. And make good on the threat.
I have in another post said strike first. Either of these approaches might light a fire under the governments/dictators to actually help us get these guys or deal with them themselves, which would be preferred.

What kinda sparked this thread off for me is constantly reading about tying the hands of intelligence agencies to gather info, the latest being the wiretap issue. Move two squares and people scream that not enough was done or they got the wrong guy. This has certainly been said about the 911 threat recently.

I do not pretend to have an absolute answer for any of this, well I do but everyone would die :-o . Just figured the subject is worth bantering back and forth.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Red88FF

7793 posts
Member since Jan 2006

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

Nope. I don't care.

All these stupid-ass threads on terrorist bullshit only do one thing-instill terror. You don't need a weapon to be a terrorist, you can do it with words almost as well as with actions.

Well you certainly do not have to care.

People also do not need to be scared by threats and information, either true or false. A heightened level of awareness is a very good thing though.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
War on Terror (TM) don't forget that people.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
"taking one for the team before acting" isn't really a fair statement. We are doing quite a bit to prevent future attacks, but you have to understand that there WILL be another successful attack on U.S. soil. It's only a matter of time. You need to get used to that idea. No amount of police, Homeland Security, wiretaps, or military action will prevent it. Even a totalitarian police state with zero personal freedom and secret police on every corner wouldn't be able to stop it. They can try over and over and over until they succeed. All they need to do is succeed once. To prevent an attack, we have to successfully block their attacks 100% of the time. No defense is 100% perfect.

I can appreciate your position, Red, but it would backfire.
I've thought in the past we should make it publically known that if an Islamic group attacks the U.S., we'll nuke Mecca and Medina and wipe them both from the face of the planet.

All this would do; however, is enrage Muslims and even if they didn't attack, a non-Muslim would - just to see if we'd make good on our threat. If we don't, we're all talk and no action If we do, it would ignite a war between Islam and "everybody else" that wouldn't end until one side or the other was completely annihilated.

My concern about personal freedoms vs. security is tempered by the knowledge that we will never be completely safe. I'd rather live with an acceptable risk and keep my freedoms than give them up for a false sense of security.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

War on Terror (TM) don't forget that people.

I like this one better.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Me too
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
In a sick, twisted way, I'd like to see a nuke attack on the US... just so I can have the pleasure of watching the entire Middle East get turned into a radioactive parking lot live on CNN.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
What will you do if it hits Kissimmee, Florida?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The answer to that is pretty obvious.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Duck and cover?
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Good post!

"taking one for the team before acting" isn't really a fair statement. We are doing quite a bit to prevent future attacks, but you have to understand that there WILL be another successful attack on U.S. soil. It's only a matter of time. You need to get used to that idea. No amount of police, Homeland Security, wiretaps, or military action will prevent it. Even a totalitarian police state with zero personal freedom and secret police on every corner wouldn't be able to stop it. They can try over and over and over until they succeed. All they need to do is succeed once. To prevent an attack, we have to successfully block their attacks 100% of the time. No defense is 100% perfect.

Well put, I will add that I have never thought that we had enough security ( I do not mean for me personally). I have always thought an open boarder policy is ludicrous. As far as air travel goes I think after 911 all they need to do is look for bombs, lock the cockpit. People will no longer sit back and take it, so to me problem solved there.

I can appreciate your position, Red, but it would backfire.
I've thought in the past we should make it publically known that if an Islamic group attacks the U.S., we'll nuke Mecca and Medina and wipe them both from the face of the planet.

All this would do; however, is enrage Muslims and even if they didn't attack, a non-Muslim would - just to see if we'd make good on our threat. If we don't, we're all talk and no action If we do, it would ignite a war between Islam and "everybody else" that wouldn't end until one side or the other was completely annihilated.

Another good point but I am hoping our intelligence agencies can sort out who done it. The threat might be effective at forcing action, I suppose it would not have to be a made public threat either. If we wait we still have to figure out who did it before we strike, realistically. Enrage Muslims? heheh sorry I think they are there already. The last statement almost seems inevitable, unfortunately, it might be nice to fight that scenario while we can still win though.

My concern about personal freedoms vs. security is tempered by the knowledge that we will never be completely safe. I'd rather live with an acceptable risk and keep my freedoms than give them up for a false sense of security.

Yes I know we will never be completely safe, never have never will. I have most always taken the stance that freedom has a price. Sometimes that is a kid getting a hold of a hand gun and shooting his buddy or going off and shooting up a school. I still want to be free to own my guns and taking that legal right away will not stop the insane, stupid, or criminal, well maybe the stupid ones but that is part of the price, plus more people are saved by legal guns than killed anyway, hmmm maybe not the best example.
I do not hold the idea that somebody can listen to my inane phone conversations in the same light though, or a good border security. I just do not see that as a freedom infringement.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

All this would do; however, is enrage Muslims and even if they didn't attack..........

However, terror works both ways. No doubt about it, we have the capacity to be more terrible than they do. Were they to believe that we would, it would curtail a lot of the BS. I personally liked the way Israel bulldozed the homes of the families of suicide bombers. They may think they are getting 70 virgins but I know they care about their families living in he11.
If it did enrage Muslims, that might be a good thing. I am nieve enough to believe that most Muslims do not support the actions of the radicals. Well, maybe out of terror themselves. The answer I think, is for Muslims to take care of this problem.
Or perish.

Frankly what I would like to see is a fight fire with fire approach and simply state that in the event even ONE of these bombs were to detonate we will completely level multiple mid eastern cities. And make good on the threat.
I have in another post said strike first. Either of these approaches might light a fire under the governments/dictators to actually help us get these guys or deal with them themselves, which would be preferred.

I too, appreciate your opinion. As you see, I share it. Maybe it is working. There are no numbers but....I wonder how many were dissuaded from suicide bombings when their surviving family members homes were bulldozed? How many countries are with us with this war on terror because we said "you are with us or against us"? Especially after we took down two governments/countries? How many are just paying lip service?
No doubt in my mind, this "human shield" thing is weakly voluntary. Maybe they do have a lack of information. Fueled by propaganda (and fear). But would you stick around if you knew death was coming.
If innocents die, it supports their propoganda. Any innocent death has to be prevented and not because it would support their propaganda. Which is why we can not just level Mecca. If we warn the innocents to get out, well, evacuate do the terrorists also. They meld in with the innocents. Which is why the answer must come from the "inside", from the innocents. You allow some one to deal drugs from your house, you are going down.
Now, as far as them retreating into mosques, level it. Four times over. This ain't a kids game where you get a "free spot".
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
Note to self - stay out of cities.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
I am nieve enough to believe that most Muslims do not support the actions of the radicals

Thats not naive. Thats called having a shred of intelligence left.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Now, as far as them retreating into mosques, level it. Four times over. This ain't a kids game where you get a "free spot".

Absolutely attack them there. They have been attacking synagogs and Christian churches for decades. They have shown THEY have no respect for Holy ground!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
We should have made Iraq a glowing hole in the ground years ago. Terrorists wont nuke Israel because its in their own backyard. What idiot blows up their own backyard...........oh I forgot were talking muslims here, they would. Sorry to say a bomb going off in the US is the only thing left to make us finish the deal. I just hope its far away and not upwind of Ohio. It will be easy then to retaliate since all the democrats will be hiding in basements. LOL.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-27-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-27-2006 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/paul-williams091606.htm

"Urgent news from Abu Dawood, one of the newly appointed commanders of the al Qaeda forces in Afghanistan:

Final preparations have been made for the American Hiroshima, a major attack on the U. S."

This story has been mentioned Twice in other threads with out any response other than one person providing links to other sources for the story.

Plenty of us care, but few that really believe it.. Scare tactics are part of terrorism.

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Duck and cover?

Back during the 1950s, the schools had a film teaching kids to duck down and cover their heads when they seen the flash of nukes going off. it was a part of what made the 50s so funny when you see it today. But back then it was serious business.
S. Williams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Back during the 1950s, the schools had a film teaching kids to duck down and cover their heads when they seen the flash of nukes going off. it was a part of what made the 50s so funny when you see it today. But back then it was serious business.
S. Williams

Wasn't just the 50's. I remember it in the early 70's, too. It wasn't always a bomb drill. Sometimes it was a tornado drill. Different name, same routine.
Sure, it didn't give any real safety (except maybe for a tornado), but it kept the kids occupied and got them in a group. Easier to keep them under control if they're not panicking as much, and easier to recover the bodies if you know where to expect them.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunatly the people that are doing these things have no percieved fear of dying. They think their own death for the cause will put them in a better place and situation. That's why the kamikaze's in world war II were so fearsome. Threatening them and their families with death has very little effect .

By the way---- if all these dead terrorist men get all those virgins....what do the terrorist women get?

Dave

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
EZ, they must get virgin guys....unless of course their lesbian. lmao
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i'm kind of torn about this. on the one hand, i very much want to avoid the "collateral damage" (death of innocents) that a serious response would entail. on the other hand, we need to make it crystal clear to the entire muslim world (and north korea, for that matter) that detonating a nuclear weapon on US soil would result in massive, and regrettably indiscriminate, response in kind. something like this:

Dear persons of muslim faith:

we'd really rather not hurt you, but you tolerate a disease among you. unfortunately, sometimes it is necessary to sacrifice innocents to save the whole. your co-religionists have repeatedly threatened to, and have now, detonated nuclear weapons on US territory. we give you 12 hours to consider your error. at the end of the 12 hours, those of you left alive will have to pray to a radioactive hole in the ground instead of a rock. make peace with your god.

thank you for your attention, and enjoy your afterlife.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 09-27-2006).]

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
I usually don't post in these types of threads, but I don't know about you guys, but every time I watch the news I get depressed for days. I suppose this is terror, eh?

Anyway...I've been watching Glenn Beck a lot lately(probably too much), and while he has WWIII-itis, he seems to provide some good info, and isn't afraid to speak out. Apparently this is a guy to be looking out for in reguards to the smuggling of the stuff from Mexico.
http://www.fbi.gov/terrorinfo/elshukrijumah.htm

I'll agree that there's not too much one can do if it happens.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
The day after:

Teheran:

Damascus:

Mecca:

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tutnkmn:
The day after:

something like that, yes.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay