Started on: 08-21-2006 06:32 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 08-26-2006 04:11 AM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Burning Man
Anyone else going this year?
Anyone on here ever been?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
What is it? Please don't tell me to look at the website. I tried that and couldn't make heads or tails of it.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
A Quote

Burning Man is a temporary city in the stark Nevada desert, created for one week around Labour Day, whose 30,000 denizens are devoted to creativity -- in art, technology, music and personal expression. Almost all comers are participants, exploring their creative selves. The coin is art; you are appreciated for what you give and what you show off.

The city is built quickly and thrives for a week. At the climax is the burning of a giant stylized figure known as "the Man" which becomes the city's prime universal experience. Shortly thereafter, all is gone, and months later it's not even possible to determine where the city was, until it is rebuilt the next year.
Bigfieroman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Its a huge hippie drug/sex orgy. Any of them will defend it as a "celebration of life, where the crowd becomes one unified being", and then take a bong hit.

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2006 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

Its a huge hippie drug/sex orgy. Any of them will defend it as a "celebration of life, where the crowd becomes one unified being", and then take a bong hit.

haha, i was thinking the same thing.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have always wanted to go and see what it was all about, but I hate crowds, the heat, and smelly women that don't shave.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post
well to some it is...
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
So.....anyone else going this year.

No its not a bad thing. Unless your a prude

They even have a Rally Cross out there.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
It's a pretty bizarre spectacle. A good buddy of mine went a couple of times during the 90's. He shot plenty of great video... lotsa boobs.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-22-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
atjxl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atjxlSend a Private Message to atjxlDirect Link to This Post
I highly recommend staying the Saturday evening after the Man burns and the crowd thins out. On the following evening there is yet another burn. The year I went, a half-block long wooden temple was burned.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by atjxl:

I highly recommend staying the Saturday evening after the Man burns and the crowd thins out. On the following evening there is yet another burn. The year I went, a half-block long wooden temple was burned.

The temple gets bigger every year too, as does the man. This year it will be huge.

Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire
mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

The temple gets bigger every year too, as does the man. This year it will be huge.

so im guessing its a party where everyone is expressing themselves to compensate their shortcommings?
The Poopsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PoopsmithSend a Private Message to The PoopsmithDirect Link to This Post
Not short comings it's just to show off what you got, the self expression is to find someone who is probably high enough to be interested in what you got. It sounds like it could be an interesting expierence.
TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
"so im guessing its a party where everyone is expressing themselves to compensate their shortcommings?"

the sting of your sarcasm is diluted by the irony present in your username.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

I have always wanted to go and see what it was all about, but I hate crowds, the heat, and smelly women that don't shave.

Hehehe.

burning man?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-24-2006).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
My first thought:

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Poopsmith:

It sounds like it could be an interesting expierence.

They said that about the 60s too. It is also said that if you remember the 60s, you couldn't have been there.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2006 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mysticfire6602:

so im guessing its a party where everyone is expressing themselves to compensate their shortcommings?

No, this is to compensate for the shortcommings of the rest of the world, by expressing themselves.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock