Started on: 08-14-2006 03:48 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: 84Bill on 08-15-2006 01:09 PM
MDFierolvr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
Ok so here is the story. I was driving home from Kings Dominion back to MD on Rt. 301 and I got pulled over by a cop. He walks up to the window and tells me I was doing 83 in a 55(paced) and wanted to know if I had a reason. I told him that I was keeping it at 70, he asked how he paced me at that speed then, I told him I at one point did 78 but as soon as I saw this I reduced speed. So he went back to his car and wrote my summons without actually listening, he was walking away when I started the 78 talk. So when he came back with the summons I figured argueing now would be pointless. Here is the thing though he was never up on my tail, all I ever saw was him speeding up on me and the passenger in my car saw the same thing. Now I dunno what I am gonna do. Anyone have any advice?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2006 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Don't speed.

Or you could fight it if you feel you weren't breaking the law.

But if you were......................
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Go to court and fight it. With out verifiable proof that you wqere going that fast he cant give you a rec. driving charge. If you decide to not fight it you can have your licence revoked. Tkats a serious charge and if the cop cant back it up with some kind of proof like a dash cam or radar slip its a bogus claim. The judge should throw it out and only charge you a court cost. They just want your money and one way or another they will get it. Question is do you want to give up you licence and your wallet.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Lawyerdude/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/No-Drivers-License/

Bill, although i agree with that in theroy, it's like those people who say there's no real law that says we have to pay taxes!

Yeah, just TRY not paying taxes and see what happens!

Bill, we BOTH know THEY got ALL the bases covered!
Just try to IGNOR the clinking sound of them chains.
They ARE NOT the knell of for whom the bell tolls.
For they toll for thee. (or is that "the free"?)

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-14-2006).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
It was a bad idea to let the cop bait you into admitting you were driving over the speed limit. Never admit guilt on the scene because it will haunt you in the courtroom. Since you admitted your guilt when the cop stopped you, the officer has nothing more to prove regardless of what Phranc says. Now the best you'll be able to negotiate down to is 78. Your only chance in the courtroom is for the cop not to show up or a good traffic attorney.

Dave
(long-term veteran and victim of the VA/MD court system)
muert0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for muert0Send a Private Message to muert0Direct Link to This Post
Except for the fact that he may have been recording the conversation. Next time don't say anything being "paced" will never hold up.

Edit: I had the thread opened in another tab and I'm a little slow >.<

[This message has been edited by muert0 (edited 08-14-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
The people on those lists will help ALOT when putting together a good defence. But it has to start with the willingness to give it a shot.

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Bill, although i agree with that in theroy, it's like those people who say there's no real law that says we have to pay taxes!

Yeah, just TRY not paying taxes and see what happens!

Bill, we BOTH know THEY got ALL the bases covered!
Just try to IGNOR the clinking sound of them chains.
They ARE NOT the knell of for whom the bell tolls.
For they toll for thee. (or is that "the free"?)

Just as a side note I was cruising through "the hood" on my way to a friends house when a cruiser came blasting down the block quite a ways behind me. When I turned right at the next intersection I could tell they were after me by the distance covered. I made it to a stop sign just as the cruiser turned to follow. I turned the car off.. threw the keys onto the roof and placed both hands out the window.

Now most people would thing this a VERY unothadox manuver but I KNEW they were going to "pull" me for the slightest infraction.. I just didn't give those A holes the chance and instead sent the message "Ya got me copper now do your worst."

I was asked what a white boy was doing riding around the hood. My reply was.. because I can.

Long short. I was run through the system and let go and I WAS THE ONE who said to the cop. "have a pleasent evening" with the big chesire cat grin on my face. I circled a few blocks away and saw the cruiser still sitting there and just continued my "patrol" looking for another cop to pull me.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I don't like your handling of it... you let them run you through the system on a random pullover without cause? If your going to be baiting them, get a video camera and put it on YOUR dash pointing at the drivers window.

I had my issues with a city cop that was pulling me over after I closed the shop I was running several weekends in a row. I had a Pacer with a bashed in left rear and there was a Pub right behind our shop, so he thought he had a winner when I made my left turn out of the parking lot on a friday or saturday night...

After the third time (second had me wondering..) I laid into him when he sauntered up with the same "Do you know why I pulled you over". "Yeah, you think I've been drinking from the looks of my car and I'm filing a complaint if you ever pull me over again... NO you can't search my car and if you want my driver's license and insurance that you've seen the last two weekends, get your supervisor out here... I want to talk to him."

The last two excuses were "an unsafe lane change" (I made the left turn out of the parking lot onto an empty road... nothing unusual), and "you have a taillight out" (NOT... and BIG hesitation when I asked which one and verified they were all working). I had fun with them the night I drove one of my employees down the street from the pub to another bar and got pulled over there with a couple of cases of ammunition plainly visible in the back seat. NO, I don't have any weapons on me 'tonight', not that it matters and NO you may not search my car, and it's none of your business where I'm going. Cop was shining flashlight into backseat with cases of 12 gauge, 9mm and .45 ammo laid out on seat... but I was telling the truth, I had no weapon on me even though I have a concealed carry permit. Just happened that a local gun shop had a killer sale that day and I'd bought a bunch of ammo at lunch.

I used to street race and never got a ticket doing it... car was 100% clean and legal always, and they didn't have laws making being there illegal like they have now. When everyone else would take off as the cops showed up, I'd just get out and start cleaning my windsheild. Bugged the hell out of them and kept them from following the rest of the group while they tried to scare me into leaving... "But officer I parked to clean my windsheild, I don't want to be caught running around with an obstructed view!".

They'd be looking over my car with a fine tooth comb, but it was 100% stock and legal looking on the exterior (66 mustang coupe).

I haven't played young and dumb in a decade or so and only time I've been pulled over in a years was a motorcycle cop that pulled me over for having my front plate set up in the windsheild because the mount on the bumper was ripped out. He insisted on writing me a ticket which I got dismissed inside of an hour (fixed it and went straight to courthouse to see judge).

[This message has been edited by Scott-Wa (edited 08-15-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
You know as well as I do it wasn't random. I was marked and they were going to find out one way or the other who I was. It was kill or be killed. I avoided (killed any posibility of) a driving infraction which would have been cause for a stop and no doubt would have cost me money and time in court. As far as protecting my privacy.. HA!!! we ALL waived that "right" when we signed the drivers license contract. I wonder why they really want to raise the driving age from 16 to 18.

Camera? hummmmmmmm.......... The officer had me get out of the car to retrieve my paperz..Normally they come back to the window and hand them back.

Anyway, I'm learning how to write affidavits and other legal documents for court purposes and was also thinking of putting a bail bondsman on retainer. I hope I never need them but there are some dirty mofos out there and a camera sounds like a really good idea. The law suit just may be enough to repay all the.. start up costs?

Ever see what happens when a mouse runs directly at a cat? LOL!
The adrenalin rush was killer.

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:
I don't like your handling of it... you let them run you through the system on a random pullover without cause? If your going to be baiting them, get a video camera and put it on YOUR dash pointing at the drivers window.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 08-15-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock