Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Garden hose illegal in California? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Garden hose illegal in California? by paulcal
Started on: 07-23-2006 12:15 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Toddster on 07-25-2006 07:43 PM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulcal:

They have restrictions on everything. The last time I was there I walked into a bar and asked for a drink and an ashtray since I didn't see any on the bar and from the commotion that ensued I thought the place was being robbed. The bartender was yelling at me to get out with the lit cigerette before they got a healthy fine from the state.

I hadn't been there in some time and wasn't aware you can't smoke while you drink, at least not in public.

Visit Santa Cruz next time. We have the only legal Bar and Smoking Parlour in the state here (ironic as hell, if you know how enviro-nutty Santa Cruz is). I have to plug the 100h7 Club cause my friends parents own it and they give us free drinks
IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Oh come on, it’s common knowledge that Californians have taken to using colanders to transport their water.
But what do I know, just being a hoser and all...

LOL!!!

trailboss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trailbossSend a Private Message to trailbossDirect Link to This Post
Over all California's climate is pretty mild, I wasn't thinking about Bakersfield though Songman, that {climatewise} almost qualifies as AZ.West..

And Morgan Hill at 114?

Time to head to the beach guys!
I would head to fastback 86's house and claim squatters rights...
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it is another few weeks before our next scheduled beach trip. We're leaving Sunday for a week in Vegas which I know will be hotter than H-E- double toothpicks! I may be able to sneak in a weekend in Ventura before heading to San Simeon in early September.

But the good news is that while a lot of the country is freezing their tails off in a few months we'll be sitting here around 40 degrees. That is the only good tradeoff that I can think of.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
NO, don't use collendars. They are made from processed metals and can eventually add heavy contaminents to the soil. I suggest we go back to using wooden buckets (made from already dead trees of course). We can't cut down any live ones. So, while the rest of us wait for trees to fall naturally we will have to share wooden buckets to water the garden. No I suggest a rotation schedule be developed by the local neighborhoods so that each neighbor gets to use the community wooden bucket on a particular day and time. Now the handles will have to be made of hemp or some other natural fiber. And, of course, they will wear-out so we will also need to develop a maintenance schedule for the wooden bucket to keep it in functional condition at all times. Of course, since water is scarce, we will limit the amount of water you can pour on your plants so as to protect the environment further. This will mean that we may need to carry water from further away places to ensure absolute harmony with the environement. Since driving to these far away places would require additional fuel we will have to walk or travel by mule to get the water for our plants. Now, since eating plants is an abomination because plants are alive, we should also pray for each plant that is killed by animal like humans who think plants are food! Since these poor plants need to feed to thrive we should hurl ourselves onto the base of them after dumping our water and immediately begin decomposing for planthood's sake!

Uh, OK, you've probably guessed that the office going away party for our receptionist has started a little early...Is a celery stick in a Bloody Mary going to send me to horticultural Hell?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock