Started on: 06-09-2006 09:39 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: avengador1 on 06-09-2006 10:12 PM
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
since we have another baby comming in the next 8 or so months, i need to get crackn' on finishing off my basement so my compuiter room can become our new baby's room
our house is a 3bdr ranch built in 78 the basement has never been finished, it is open just like when it was built
we plan on puting one bedroom down there, and a laundry room, bathroom, and a rec room of sorts

first step is new windows there the original single pane sh!tty 1978 windows
since we will be putting a bedroom down there i want it legal and it will need an "egress" window
i needto know the specs on installing an egress window, how far from the floor, or anything else i need to know,
luckally our backyard is on a hill and i wont have to do much digging in the dirt since i have some foundation showing already about 3' is showing already

where can i find south dakota specs for remodeling and such? is there anything online?

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
02 Jetta 1.8t
98 GTI 2.slow
02 CBR 954RR

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
You probably won't find anything online. Your best bet is to get in touch with the building inspector in your jurisdiction and get the specs from them. Since you are going to be doing such a large remodeling project, you'll probably have to get a building permit because you are altering the structure itself.

Good luck.

Mark
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Go to your local town hall, they will gladly answer your questions and sell you whatever permits you might need.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock