God by larryemory
Started on: 05-11-2006 06:14 PM
Replies: 55
Last post by: ryan.hess on 05-12-2006 07:42 PM
jstntlvr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrDirect Link to This Post

What? Science can be wrong and then change it's mind later? I can accept that. But what about all of you guys who spout 'science' even though there is no scientific proof that God doesn't exist OR that the Earth was created in any other way? Are you going to change your beliefs when one day science can prove that God created everything? Nah.. you'll think of some other reason to be an Atheist then. What about the rest of the people that 'science' told wrong? Of course, this is hypothetical but it is one of the possibilities that you must allow.[\quote]

let me say this one more time the christian God is suposidly Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient. Those three words make all the difrence in the world in my argument now quit ignoring them

[quote]Nah... just kidding. I'm just tired of having to type the same things over and over into different threads about the same thing when I know that people will respond to only one line of it and misquote it anyway and then ignore the rest...

I never misqioted you and I adresed your intire post I took nothing out of context
EDIT: I own page 2

[This message has been edited by jstntlvr (edited 05-12-2006).]

IP: Logged
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I don't know what will hurt more... their feelings, knowing that they cannot be saved... or us, being vaporized.
[quote] lol I for one welcome our little grey overlords!

What is God made of?

Marshmallows, Almonds, chocolate, and all other sorts of Godly goodness.

Where does he exist? Does he live in this universe? Outside of it?

I don't know. Think he gets Email? Does he have Wifi? If he never dies, does he "live"?

Ever hear of 'Rumor's Paradox'? "If God is supreme, and can't get any better, what happens if you warp him in bacon?" ( it is a well-known fact that EVERYTHING is better wrapped in bacon!)

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what will hurt more... their feelings, knowing that they cannot be saved... or us, being vaporized.

"If we are not Gods choosen children, what have we got to lose!?" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaap!

What is God made of?

Thoughts, feelings, beliefs, & faith.

Where does he exist?

Innerspace.The collective mind. Deep within the Human condition.
And for some, the intangable Heart & Soul.

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Didn't that one movie... "what the bleep do we know"... say that we're god? Or something? I don't remember it at all.

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 05-12-2006).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

No more religious threads for me.. Now if only the non-Christians would agree to do the same...

So it was a non-Christian who started this thread? Someone appears to be confused...

jstntlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrDirect Link to This Post

What? Science can be wrong and then change it's mind later? I can accept that. But what about all of you guys who spout 'science' even though there is no scientific proof that God doesn't exist OR that the Earth was created in any other way? Are you going to change your beliefs when one day science can prove that God created everything? Nah.. you'll think of some other reason to be an Atheist then. What about the rest of the people that 'science' told wrong? Of course, this is hypothetical but it is one of the possibilities that you must allow.

just thought id point out that any one trying to use science to prove God doesnt exist is foolish. By the very nature of science it is imposable to prove a negative all you can do is use Logic and Reason to form an opinion this is called a Theory

If I were to ever see proof of the Supernatural in any shape form or fashion I would jump on it like a starved dog I was not always an Athirst before that I was a Pagan and believe me wen I say I would love for there to be something anything after death but I have seen nothing to indicate that there is until then I will live my life the best I know how and enjoy what little time I have.

[This message has been edited by jstntlvr (edited 05-12-2006).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Didn't that one movie... "what the bleep do we know"... say that we're god? Or something? I don't remember it at all.

Yup.
It's a part of the makeup of the brain.
But if that brain was made by someone...........................
It only figures his fingerprints would be all over it!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-12-2006).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I hope I can unlock the secrets of pyrokinesis before I die.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I hope I can unlock the secrets of the Fiero's hydraulic clutch before I die.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
the difference is... for one of us, it will never happen...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

How'd you know I already unlocked the secrets of pyrokinesis?
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Where does he exist? Does he live in this universe? Outside of it?

You are using 3 dimensional logic in a 4 dimensional universe.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

And now folks, under the heading of "Word I never thought I would ever say":

I.......agree 100% with you Jazz. VERY well stated.

Larry, I'm a man of faith too. But I understand that science and religion are not in competition with each other as so many religious people believe. I can believe in God AND believe in the scientific evidence that the Earth is 4.5 Billion years old. There is NO contradiction.

The contradicition is with the LITERAL interpretation of the gospels. Well, you can't do that. The Bible is a collection of allegorical stories, some BASED in truth and others not. The story of Adam and Eve, for example, was neither written by Adam nor Eve, so how can we be sure of the accuracy of the details? We can't. That is why we must be OPEN to the idea that our assumptions about the Bible might be wrong in the face of scientific proofs. That does not dilute the MEANING of the Bible, only our interpretation of it.

Hence, if scientific evidence shows us that our understanding of the Earth's age, based on an interpretation of the gospel, is wrong then it is our interpretation that must be flawed, not the gospel. Science, as Jazz stated, does not care about the result. When you add 2+2 you will get 4 and the math does not care. 4 is the answer. That is simply a fact. The mathemetician didn't try to manipulate the result to become 4, he didn't care whether the right answer was 4 or 12 or 11.89. He simply found the answer that was already there. It is now up to us humans to add the dimension of philosophy.

I agree but 2+2 only equals 4 under certain conditions. One of those givens that someone attempting to knock science can ignore by saying 2+2=10 or 2+2=11 (which I can prove and you can probably determine the conditions).

Is that a Tsunami I see coming this way?
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is, don't run, it's your time.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2006 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

I hope I can unlock the secrets of pyrokinesis before I die.

It's called a big bowl of beans and a lighter...

JazzMan
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:
I agree but 2+2 only equals 4 under certain conditions. One of those givens that someone attempting to knock science can ignore by saying 2+2=10 or 2+2=11 (which I can prove and you can probably determine the conditions).

Is that a Tsunami I see coming this way?

No, I think 10+10 = 100. 2 is undefined.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock