Started on: 07-31-2005 04:42 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Patrick on 08-03-2005 03:35 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2005 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
Okay, don’t laugh, but I bought a ’94 Hyundai Elantra within the last week (to use as a vehicle to cart my aged parents around to doctor’s appointments, etc). Fieros aren’t much good for this particular job, and the ’67 Chev Belair I’ve been using for this task has become a rusted out embarrassment.

Anyway, is anyone familiar with a decent Hyundai forum where I can learn about these cars? My only experience with Hyundai automobiles up to now was driving my girlfriend’s ‘90 Excel to San Diego and back last November. (From Vancouver BC, that’s quite a journey!) I gained some respect for Hyundai during that trip and the ‘94 Elantra I just got is not a bad looking little 4-dr sedan. It has a DOHC 1.6L engine and a 5spd manual tranny. The young guy I bought it from spent quite a few bucks lowering it and customizing the exhaust system. Just the damn 5Zigen muffler alone cost him $300. However, it’s got 380,000 kilometers (228,000 miles) on it, so I know it’s going to require some work. But hey, the price was right!

So, is there a reasonable facsimile of PFF for Hyundai owners out there on the ‘net?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-31-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackie2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
There aren't any good Hyundai's therefore there are probably no good hyundai forums!!

Sorry couldn't resist, I had a 97 Elantra and it was the worst experience of my entire life.

Good luck on your search.

------------------

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
actually hyundai is trying to turn it arround, the owner of the company i work for his wife just bought an 06 sonata, and i gave him alot of crap because of there rep. but he said they fully researched the car, and were happy with the rateings of it, i still was a little iffy on it, but when the car arrived last week i was really impressed with it, it really is a nice car, comfy good looks and nice power, and right at 30k there in competition with the honda, audi VW ect...

they got every avab option including XM
but it is a far cry from mid 90's to early 00's stuff, but i think they might be on track at makeing a comeback

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 08-01-2005).]

JediGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JediGTSend a Private Message to JediGTDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2000 Elantra that I bought new. Over 94k miles and not a single problem. Best car I have owned yet. Not sure about any forums though, haven't neede any yet. I hope I get 200K + miles out of mine!

[This message has been edited by JediGT (edited 08-01-2005).]

Snowcrash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnowcrashSend a Private Message to SnowcrashDirect Link to This Post
hyundaiperformance.com is the most popular one I know of. There are a few out there. Do a google search for "hyundai forum". I have a 2000 and a 2001 Elantra. The only real problems I've had are window regulator motors on the 2000 and sloppy shifting (mostly when cold or slow stop and go traffic) on the 2001.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
wheres that video of the old excel toasting the dodge srt10 truck...funny...but i cant find it...thanks to anyone who can...tim.,,...
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
My wife has GX350 or whatever the top of the line thing is called. We went shoping for a Jaguar X Type or a Lincoln LS when we bought it. She saw it and loved it. I had my doubts, but we drove it. In the end she liked it as well as the other cars mensioned and I was having trouble seeing where the extra $20,000 to $25,000 dollars of quality was in the LS or the Jag, so we bought it. Only problem we have had was minor, I don't remember what exactly a few days after the purchase. The dealer fixed it right away. We have put 35,000 miles on it, and except for door dings and my wife washing the remote and regular service, no maitenance expense. Depreciation hasn't been all that bad either.
If you find a good website let me know please!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackie2m6:

There aren't any good Hyundai's therefore there are probably no good Hyundai forums!!

Heh heh, I knew that was coming.

Originally posted by Snowcrash:

hyundaiperformance.com is the most popular one I know of. There are a few out there.

Thanks, that’s among several that I’ve found so far.

Here’s a list of Hyundai and/or Elantra forums that I’ve checked out:

Hyundai-Forums.com
Hyundai Performance Forums
The Hyundai Elantra Club
ElantraXD.com

And the following site is an invaluable source of info for all Hyundai owners which I first read about Here:

Hyundai Service Technology

Hope this helps other Hyundai owners, and if anyone knows of any other good sites out there, please post them here. Thanks.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock