Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Ohio Republicans Scam and Election Rewards (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ohio Republicans Scam and Election Rewards by connecticutFIERO
Started on: 06-02-2005 03:22 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Formula88 on 06-03-2005 06:34 PM
richfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richfieroSend a Private Message to richfieroDirect Link to This Post
I rember my econmy teacher telling us that most of the U.S. debt is to the america people thru bonds
IP: Logged
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
The Brookings Institution has nothing to do with Watergate.

Look! The guys that broke in Watergate got busted without a warrent. They were looking for information of the Democratic party using hookers and call girls to win over political favors, which is illegal of course, because it is protitution.

Nixon crime was that we tried to cover up the mistakes his subbordants did. Yes! He used the FBI and CIA to spy on political enemies, that still goes on today.

Those times were crazy! People were advocating the overthrow of the government at that time. Liberals, Black Panthers, Weather Underground, and the like were all trying to overthrow the government and there were many liberal groups and organizations that were sympathatic to the cause. Yes! Nixon abused his power, but he believed and a long with many others, for good reasons.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Wichita

20658 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by richfiero:

I rember my econmy teacher telling us that most of the U.S. debt is to the america people thru bonds

To an extent, yes! But the majority of it is being held by banks, and many foreign banks also. People retirement funds are invested with bonds and t-bills, but not many Americans actually hold a bond in personal possession, with the exception of Savings Bonds.

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
I guess some more on this story just came out.

http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/cleveland/index.ssf?/base/news-17/1117779450170820.xml&storylist=cleveland

President Bush returning campaign contributions from Noe
6/3/2005, 2:31 a.m. ET
The Associated Press

(AP) — President Bush will return $4,000 in campaign contributions by a Toledo area coin dealer who is under state and federal investigation, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee said.

NewsFlash Home | More Cleveland + Ohio

President Bush returning campaign contributions from Noe
6/3/2005, 2:31 a.m. ET
The Associated Press

(AP) — President Bush will return $4,000 in campaign contributions by a Toledo area coin dealer who is under state and federal investigation, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee said.

Aaron McLear said the RNC also will return $2,000 donated by Tom Noe, who is under investigation for his handling of $55 million the state Bureau of Workers' Compensation gave him to invest in rare coins. Noe's lawyer has reported that $10 million to $12 million is missing.With regard to investigations into Noe's handling of the coin investments, The Columbus Dispatch reported Friday that investigators are looking into whether Noe bought coins with his own money, had them valued at a higher price, then sold them to the state. If that happened, the state might own coins that are worth much less than it paid for them, the newspaper said.

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

connecticutFIERO

7696 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Here's a little more....
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/news/0601_noe.html

"The money will be refunded to charity, McLear said Thursday.

But McLear said Bush has no immediate plans to return more than $100,000 raised by Noe for the Bush-Cheney campaign last year. "

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Returning funds is a common thing in politics. I even did it when I ran for office.

I wonder if Hillary Clinton remembers her national finance director who scammed the FEC for not reporting more than 1.1 Million dollars. His name is David Rosen and he is being charged for making false statements, which could carry a prison sentence of 5 years.

I wonder if Hillary will return the 1.1 million dollars. Hmmmm.

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

The Brookings Institution has nothing to do with Watergate.

Look! The guys that broke in Watergate got busted without a warrent. They were looking for information of the Democratic party using hookers and call girls to win over political favors, which is illegal of course, because it is protitution.

Nixon crime was that we tried to cover up the mistakes his subbordants did. Yes! He used the FBI and CIA to spy on political enemies, that still goes on today.

Those times were crazy! People were advocating the overthrow of the government at that time. Liberals, Black Panthers, Weather Underground, and the like were all trying to overthrow the government and there were many liberal groups and organizations that were sympathatic to the cause. Yes! Nixon abused his power, but he believed and a long with many others, for good reasons.

Nixon PLANNED the breakin to the Brookings institute. That is FACT. What were his motives, that Liberals were sympathetic to groups trying to overthrow the government? That is NOT fact. Show me a transcript where Nixon is explaining his motives. There is nothing to show it was a matter of national security. You are rationalizing a criminal presidents attempts at seizing power. It was all about political power, bringing political opponents to their knees, and trying to prevent embarrassing and illegal information from leaking out of the Whitehouse.

We know it was Nixon and his administration that broke into the Brookings Institute, we KNOW that it was them who broke into Cr. Fielding's office looking for sensitive information about Daniel Ellsberg (leaked The Pentagon Papers), so why would you think Nixon wasn't involved in Watergate a year later?

Face it, Nixon was dirty and lusted for power and control. He was blackmailing and discrediting his political critics through illegal breakins and coverups. There is no honor in that. Nope.

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

connecticutFIERO

7696 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Returning funds is a common thing in politics. I even did it when I ran for office.

I wonder if Hillary Clinton remembers her national finance director who scammed the FEC for not reporting more than 1.1 Million dollars. His name is David Rosen and he is being charged for making false statements, which could carry a prison sentence of 5 years.

I wonder if Hillary will return the 1.1 million dollars. Hmmmm.

Thats not an argument for your case, its a deflection of the debate.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

Thats not an argument for your case, its a deflection of the debate.

It funny that you are using information that wasn't released to the public until 1996.

http://www.nixonlibrary.org/newsContent.cfm?doc=TheNixons/archive/AmSpect.html

Not a deflection of debate. Everything is open when it comes to politics. You just hate to hear Hillary doing wrong.

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

It funny that you are using information that wasn't released to the public until 1996.

http://www.nixonlibrary.org/newsContent.cfm?doc=TheNixons/archive/AmSpect.html

Not a deflection of debate. Everything is open when it comes to politics. You just hate to hear Hillary doing wrong.

It is a deflection.

I don't even like Hillary Clinton. But since you mention it she was specifically mentioned by the prosecutor in this case as having NOTHING to do with the charges and isn't a suspect. So eat that chum.

"But in court here, Zeidenberg's comments would seem to dampen any enthusiasm Clinton's detractors might have in using the case as fodder. "You'll hear no evidence that Hillary Clinton was involved in this in any way, shape or form," he said."

"He told jurors Rosen "lied directly to the compliance officer of the Clinton campaign" -- the person responsible for reporting campaign costs and contributions to the FEC "

"Rosen, who was Clinton's finance director at the time, intentionally underreported the cost of the August 2000 gala by two-thirds, prosecutor Peter R. Zeidenberg told jurors in his opening statement. Rosen did so, the prosecutor said, because as the price of the gala began to spiral out of control, "he knew that there was going to be outrage in the campaign and at headquarters."
"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/11/AR2005051101852.html

And what the hell does it matter when the info was released about Nixon? It was a tape recorded conversation from 1971. The information was not known to you or I until 1996, but its true nonetheless. And completely relevant to watergate.

You just don't like to be wrong. You said prove it, I DID prove it. Nixon deserved jail time, but your party pardoned him and he never answered to his crimes. Good ethics guys.

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 06-03-2005).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I will admit that what Nixon did was wrong, but I still believe he was a great president. Should he deserved jail time? Nah! That is what liberals would love. It took Ford some real guts to pardon him, but he did it for the nation. Liberals don't think about this country as a whole.

But on Hillary, she just got another lucky pass on it, just like all the other scandles. uumm.. Travel Gate.. Nevermind.

I like Nixon and will always claim him as a great president. I'm not claiming that because he is a Republican, because the worst President in the Modern Presidency, besided Kennedy (is the worst) but Ronald Reagan was a terrible president. I will never defend Ronald Reagan.

What is wierd is that the parties who hail up their savior - Republicans with Ronald Reagan, and JFK with Democrats are the most liked. But they sucked!

oh well!

PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by richfiero:

7-8 percent is held by the Saud family (Saudi Arabia).

G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Connecticut-
What Frist, Delay, Lantos and Cheney (and several other high ranking Republicans) have been doing these past years makes Watergate look like childs play.

But I heard that Diebold was owned by a group out of New York -this is the first ive heard the name O'Dell. You must really be on top of all the crap coming out of WA.
It sucks once you really understand our system of country, govt, and greed.

Good Topic bro-
OUT>

[This message has been edited by G-Nasty (edited 06-03-2005).]

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
connecticutFiero,

Serious question. So if what Rosen did was wrong but it wasn't Clinton's fault as she didn't know about it, IF what O'Dell did was wrong, then Bush would not be at fault either, right?

But that still doesn't make me happy if this guy O'Dell did steal 12 million. But because he is a criminal, no matter what party. Or is the implication that Bush knew about it and condoned it? And I never did hear if this was proven or if it is conjecture about the $12 million.

I would have been fine with jail time for Nixon. Send a message to the politicians and the country that NO one is above the law. He broke the law. I don't care if he is president or not. If the crimes committed mean jail time, it means jail time.

Should Felt have received jail time? Did he break any laws? I'm pretty sure he did, giving information out during an active investigation. That would be an interesting conversation but probably deserves another thread.

Fun discussion.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

connecticutFiero,

Serious question. So if what Rosen did was wrong but it wasn't Clinton's fault as she didn't know about it, IF what O'Dell did was wrong, then Bush would not be at fault either, right?

[Liberal]
Of course not. Rosen's actions do not reflect on Clinton and she cannot be held accountable. But Bush is evil and if O'Dell is guilty, then Bush needs to be punished.
[\Liberal]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock