Started on: 01-29-2005 03:56 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: ChaoticMav on 01-30-2005 11:05 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Are you tough enough for a Tacoma ? I am !
For those that do not know, I got married Dec. 31st. Two days before the wedding I was worried what 84Bill would think. Knowing in my heart he would say "run Forrest run". (J/K 84Bill) I knew it was too late. I could not run far enough or fast enough. What was I to do ?????
Two days before the wedding I tried this :

Unfortunately, jumping a fence and rolling a Tacoma was not enough. Even without a seat belt.
Oh well........I hope I am tough enough for marriage !

This is a picture posting test. Not sure if resizing worked.......they are small enough but I hope you don't need a magnifying glass.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
wow! you musta been rolling fast to keep the spare tire in there for the whole time! hehehe
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
are you OK?
whats the story?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LITEDAZE:
wow! you musta been rolling fast to keep the spare tire in there for the whole time! hehehe

Actually, I fell asleep, the road curved right, I went off the left shoulder, woke up, and over corrected while pulling a trailer. That was not the spare. It was the driver's side rear wheel including the brake drum. The axle snapped. It was on the other side of the fence from where I ended up.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36008 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by $Rich$:

are you OK?
whats the story?

Here is what happened. December 29th, two days before my wedding, after working a twelve hour all night shift and at the end of a five hour drive I fell asleep at the wheel and totaled my truck, a 99 Tacoma 4X4 cab and a half. Actually jumped a fence and rolled it.
Good news that I walked away uninjured save a scrape on each shoulder blade. I was not wearing my seatbelt. Good news that I was making good money,had the truck paid for, and had it fully insured. Good news that USAA is my insurance company. They gave me $12,500. and have provided a rental ( 05 Gran Prix) for the last month. They also offered to finance another vehicle at a better rate than I seem to be able to get elsewhere. They also have a negotiation department which deals with dealerships on new car prices. I should be paying about 1% over dealer invoice. USAA is a stout company.

Wasn't a good deal but I am ok. My irresponcibility hurt no one else nor caused any other property damage. Can I say I was lucky ?

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Now, when she asked you if you wanted a "roll in the hay", I doubt that's what she meant...

From what I learned, a few cood car accidents (with brain damage) helps a man deal with marriage.

Now, all you need to remember is that one phrase 'Yes Dear"... repeat it often.

(Sorry to hear this happened..., glad you are alright...)

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Yes Dear.

malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteDirect Link to This Post
life's more fun when you're in a 'coma

i've been in my share of tacoma accidents, including a triple rollover with ejection, and one moving experience with a stationary object (telephone pole)

i wasn't driving either time, but i am impressed with how the vehicles have held up. in the not to distant future i will be searching for a third vehicle, (the SL! will be paid off next month) an a '97+ Tacoma SST is at the top of a very short list...

------------------

car destroyed by charley, then again by francis
seeking notchback for 4.9/4t60 swap!

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
USAA Good Company...I have been w/ 'em for YEARS.

On the Tacoma:
Cant you just get in it and drive it off the lot...it's a Toyota for gosh sakes!

--Allen

------------------

The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
That'll buff right out.

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
I note without irony the "Flip Side" sticker on the back window....

Ed

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
USAA is indeed a very good company. I have been with them since 1981 and my father has been with them much longer than that. They are there with their checkbook when you need them and lawyers if you need them (long story).
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
haha Yeah Ed.. I was going to comment on the same thing.. Ok SOOO I wont be putting any kind of rolled over stickers on my Yukon any time soon!! LOL

And I guess its true, there is no escaping marriage!! Then again, in all my failed attempts at marriage, might actually result in a serious accident finally!! I mean how many times can you walk away from an accident unharmed, and how many times can you walk away from a relationship unharmed???

Glad to see you are ok.. you are OK right?

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I am ok.
It was actually really funny when I came to a stop. People were yelling at me from the street (highway) side of the fence asking if I was ok. I assured them that I was but they wanted me to come over there so they could be sure. I reitterated I was fine and explained I needed to find my cell phone. Actually, in addition to this, my stuff (I was packed from a weeks absence) was scattered about and I was taking stock, etc, etc. They still insisted so I did a couple jumping jacks, toe touches, and what not. They still were worried so they were going to come to me. I had to go help them (women) thru the brush line which grew along the fence. Ambulance came and I refused transport and had to sign a release after answering questions such as "what is today, where are you, how many fingers, do I hurt anywhere, I for get them all.
I remember the fence coming at me (?????) and bracing but do not remember jumping the fence or rolling the truck except for the part where it landed on it's wheels, me in the passengers seat. Sort of. The air bags did not even deploy. What caused me to jump the fence was a six to eight inch curb like feature left where the county's grader would smooth the shoulder for safety I presume. This was about ten feet from the fence.
Everone kept telling me how lucky I was. I hate having lost that truck but it doesn't matter. I did not, nor do I, feel lucky about the situation. Yet,on the other hand, if I was lucky, I was lucky before I wrecked. I am lucky now. I have been in some situations way worse yet I still felt lucky. How can you be stupid and lucky. I still do not wear my seat belt even though it would have minimized injuries in accidents years ago.
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
You beat me Ed, darn it!
ChaoticMav

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChaoticMavSend a Private Message to ChaoticMavDirect Link to This Post
How much would it be to fix it mecahnically? Axle, drums, and possibly a winsheild. Then you could use it to tow your fieros, and if anyone asked what happened, just say the last one you towed blew up while it was towing *hence the bow in the tail gate from the "explosion" and watch as they step back a few *if ur towing a fiero :P*.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock