Started on: 01-13-2005 06:23 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Tytehead on 02-14-2005 09:39 PM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
XXX yes that is what I mean.
But with class and stlye.

I own a Small island and a large ship.The only access is by boat.We are abt 700' off shore.
I very much want to set up a club or membership only deal for dinner and partys and after the family goes home kind of thing.The ship is huge with plenty enough area for anything you could imagine.There are rooms big enough to play tennis in.
were looking at 173' lenth with 5 decks.The stern deck is close to fifty feet long alone.

So anybody got any experience running a bar and grill type thing or other suggestions?
and as far as the after hours stuff goes that would be a seperate sort of deal.I was thinking something like massage evenings or something along those lines.
I don't know anything about running a kitchen or making drinks.I only want to be open about three days a week also.
thinking wed evening dinner and chill out on the deck then fri sat all day night thing thern just lunch on sun.

What do you think and any suggestions?
I am open to any ideas even if they sound krazy to you they might be just right for me.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
eatoninside

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eatoninsideSend a Private Message to eatoninsideDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I have no experience with restaurants or bars, I don't even drink, but I'm very curious how you came to own that big of a ship!! And an island!! Whoa!! $$$$
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eatoninside:

Sorry, I have no experience with restaurants or bars, I don't even drink, but I'm very curious how you came to own that big of a ship!! And an island!! Whoa!! $$$$

I'll give some details later I gotta run.

You guys are not feeling creative here or what?
No ideas or advice?

edit to answer
Ok Here is a description of the ship itself.Its history till it went private.
Specifications: Displacement 633 t.(lt) , 750 t.(fl); Length 173'; Beam 36'; Draft 14'; Speed 14 kts; Complement 78; Armament one 40mm gun mount, two .50 cal. machine guns; Propulsion, four 570shp Packard diesel engines, two shafts, two controllable pitch propellers.

http://www.hazegray.org/danfs/mine/mso510.htm
I will get some res shots of the island in a minute.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 01-13-2005).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well you destroyed all my ideas for a gentlemens club when you put class and style in the criteria

------------------

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Could this become Fieroville?

all citizens must own Fieros!

as for ideas? maybe have private parties too?

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
First, you're gonna need to hire an overweight computer operator in his late 40's. To help audition the dancers, of course.
We'll figure out the rest later.
atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post
lol pokey. this definitely sounds like you. haha a gentlemans club. cute.

first, have a couple questions.
- what kind of repair are the ship and island in?
- what kind of work are you willing to put into making this happen... work on it during the weekends, or turn this into your main source of income? [or a combination of both?]
- are you going to decorate it [circa the Titanic, menos the watery death] or keep the whole 'rustic ship' aura?
- what kind of clientele are you looking to attract? gentlemen from wealthy families, or blue collar working class men? the demograpic you cater to kind of decides what you should do with the idea.
- are you going for a treasure island bit, or something along the lines of a fancy restaurant in an interesting location?

yeah, it's a lot of questions, but definitely ones you want to answer.

it's your property, ship, island ect, so you really have the final say. but these questions might give you some ideas.

Janell
*edited to add: yeah, I have a very business-oriented mindset. even at my age. comes from having a dad who owns his own company, I guess*

[This message has been edited by atleastitruns (edited 01-13-2005).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Nomination for uniform

This works too if you're more into the sailor than pirate thing.

John Stricker

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 01-14-2005).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by atleastitruns:

lol pokey. this definitely sounds like you. haha a gentlemans club. cute.

first, have a couple questions.
- what kind of repair are the ship and island in?
- what kind of work are you willing to put into making this happen... work on it during the weekends, or turn this into your main source of income? [or a combination of both?]
- are you going to decorate it [circa the Titanic, menos the watery death] or keep the whole 'rustic ship' aura?
- what kind of clientele are you looking to attract? gentlemen from wealthy families, or blue collar working class men? the demograpic you cater to kind of decides what you should do with the idea.
- are you going for a treasure island bit, or something along the lines of a fancy restaurant in an interesting location?

yeah, it's a lot of questions, but definitely ones you want to answer.

it's your property, ship, island ect, so you really have the final say. but these questions might give you some ideas.

Janell
*edited to add: yeah, I have a very business-oriented mindset. even at my age. comes from having a dad who owns his own company, I guess*

Wow Jannell.
Ok here goes.
1.Ship has two large dwelling now for living purposes.These would be sectioned off of course.
Amount of work is mainly superficial but still an extremely large project.I think I will probably need about 100,000 in cash to fix up docks,Island area(small area as it is 8 acres) And rear decks with about 8000 sq feet of interior for kitchen,dining,dance area,huge living room area with theatre and bar.Almost forgot living area for guests and some staff.
2.Willing to work any amount of time.I don't sleep much and as long as I am enthused i won't stop working till everybody around me dies and I get lonely by my self.So basically I will work as long as I have reason to.I am selfemployed contractor so my schedule is open for krazy things like this.
3.Deco is up in the air but I am partial to the pirate theme
4.Clientel would be mostly richies from this area we have plenty of them here in discovery bay and around.
As I said i want it to be a members only deal.Yearly membership and then they pay the costs as they go just like we do at fiero events.

Originally posted by Formula:

Could this become Fieroville?

all citizens must own Fieros!

as for ideas? maybe have private parties too?

I definitly want to have private parties!!!!!

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

First, you're gonna need to hire an overweight computer operator in his late 40's. To help audition the dancers, of course.
We'll figure out the rest later.

Well I will need someone to set up security cameras and a tracking system for members and for associates.
All this will have to be linked to computers.
I see no reason you wouldn't make a great auditioner also.
Certainly have plenty of room.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jstricker:

Nomination for uniform

wow eyes popping this one does it for me!!!

This works too if you're more into the sailor than pirate thing.

Ok I really like both of them but Mr Winky is nodding(or is that pointing?) towards the pirate outfit one.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 01-14-2005).]

KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a great thing to start. We gotta have pictures though!
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Yar!

Permission to come aboard cap'n!?

PFF
System Bot
atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post
I offer my services [as manager] in about 6 and a half years. after I get my MBA, of course. hehehe

Janell

BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysDirect Link to This Post
MAN there is just something about a gal in an eye patch... .....akakakakaka....BBTs
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Can I drive the boat that takes the richys to and from the island? Get me some big tips for not getting them seasick. And if any of are stingy old farts, they'll be pukin' over the side! Ooo and I could be the bouncer too. When someone gets all drunk and out of hand, I'll just push em off the ship.
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
a couple suggestions:

Tell me exactly what you want it to be, if you don't know or have to think about it then you need to keep looking at ideas until you can describe it without thinking about it.

Before starting: setup all outside policies first. Example: How customers can pay? Refund Policy. Rain checks? Gift certificates. Credit accounts? Can people leave the island earlier then expected? Emergency response to the island?
Anything that can happen, will happen, just make sure that you are covered (insurance, policies).

Is this going to be a corporation, partnership, single owner? Make sure it is limited liability and insured.

Advertising, this is the biggest way to attract customers. Make a website (buy a domain name, people on here sell them, check out Bellweather hosting when the ad is up on the top). Put fliers everywhere, advertise in the newspaper and TV. Tell everyone you know about it and ask them politely if they could spread the word, but make sure its almost done or completly done so that people dont forget about it. Maybe get the newspaper to do an article in the business section and hype it up some.

Accounting. Accounting is very simple, make sure you keep it in the black. To breifly describe the best way to set it up: Have 3 columns, Left, Right, and Revenue. If you already know business accounting the disregard the next several paragraphs.

*******Start Business Accounting******
Left is your Assets, this is going to be your Cash on hand (checking), how much the boat and island are worth, all furniture, computer stuff, anything you can sell. If you choose to have customer credit accounts this will also have an accounts receivable section. Because you can sell accounts recievable, it is condsidered an asset. Basically you want to have a bunch of little T charts for each entity. On the Left you put how much it is worth, and the right is how much you have taken from the worth. Example: You take $1000 from checking for furniture for the boat, put $1000 in the right hand side of the checking, subtract $1000 from the left side and put the new number down, and put $1000 on the left side of furniture, because it is now a $1000 asset.
In the middle, this is considered the right side. This will be the liabilities section. Everything the company owes goes here. Start off with putting your name down and placing how much you have invested on the right side of the T. Everytime you make a profit, you will add money here. You also want in this section any credit that you owe. Say you buy a computer for $500 and put $100 down, the first $100 goes in the right side of your Cash account, then the $500 goes under Computer asset on the left, and you put $400 on the right side of Accounts Payable. When you make a payment, you adjust the right side of acounts payable, put down the payment on the left side, and put down the payment on the right side of cash, then adjust the left side of cash. You also want a T chart for other expenses like gas, oil etc... You just add the expense on the right side of the chart, and take from the left side of CASH, or add into the accounts payable.
The right section of the main chart goes toward Revenue. Make another T chart, the money you take in goes on the left, then expenses get subtracted from it and if you made money then add it under cash on the left, and under your name on the right.
This will keep it balanced for when you first start. There is a lot more to it, if you want to learn more, I recommend just about any accounting book, the smaller the better (they all say the same thing, its just how many pictures they have determines the price). Most books will tell you how to put checks in to make sure no one is stealing, and a lot more then what I just said, it's easy when you sit down and do it.

*****End business accounting******
I recommend consulting an accountant though (im not, Im IT lol). 2 things to remember are: Your not making a profit until all of your liabilities are paid off, most businesses fail because when the owner gets a check for $1000 they spend it on non-essential items instead of paying off liabilities, and don't try to start off to big. All the huge corporations you see started as a single store, or one person with a dream.

there are much more informative people on here, you can learn a ton of information from the library and online. This is how I got started and I own a business now at the age of 23. Goodluck, and if you have any questions feel free to email or private message me.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
start looking into what will be required in your area to obtain the necessary liscences for serving food/alchohal/naked women

if you have 5 levels you can have a different scheme for each one, foam party rave on one, hula girl getaway on another, etc

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Is this it!
Wow the Advance has five Vietnam battle stars.

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 01-14-2005).]

Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
I am a Captain, do you need one of those? I also have taxi boats and have a keen eye for beautiful woman.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2005 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about that. Getting in to the booze and strippers is going to be major liability, especially when you can't exactly call the cops and have a 3 minute response. I would avoid the alcohol aspect of it and promote rave parties. That area is filthy with young rich kids 17-21 that have nothing to do, but plenty of cash to do it.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
My vote is for the Pirate outfit as well.
Will you offer PFF member discounts?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Is this it!
Wow the Advance has five Vietnam battle stars.

That is it right there.

That was the easiest to answer so that one came first.I will get to the others In a bit.I'm working right now so no time.
Saw some interesting posts that I like though.

PFF
System Bot
atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

I don't know about that. Getting in to the booze and strippers is going to be major liability, especially when you can't exactly call the cops and have a 3 minute response. I would avoid the alcohol aspect of it and promote rave parties. That area is filthy with young rich kids 17-21 that have nothing to do, but plenty of cash to do it.

I TOTALLY offer my services as manager if that's the case :-) or assistant, even. :-) even just during the summer.

this sounds really interesting.
Janell

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

I don't know about that. Getting in to the booze and strippers is going to be major liability, especially when you can't exactly call the cops and have a 3 minute response.

Mr. Buzzkill does have a point

alcohol... strippers.... boat... Lesser things have been known to cause problems.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I have an eye patch, but I don't wear it much, and I'd appreciate it if you keep your cotton pickin' hands to yourself!

John Stricker

Originally posted by BigBoyToys:

MAN there is just something about a gal in an eye patch... .....akakakakaka....BBTs

BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysDirect Link to This Post
AAAwwww but John you are so damn irresistable!!!!

Just a little fetish of mine......

BBTs

BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysDirect Link to This Post

BigBoyToys

502 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Mr. Buzzkill does have a point

alcohol... strippers.... boat... Lesser things have been known to cause problems.

Add gambling and take it out into international waters (the boat, not the island) ......might even want to concider offering marriage/wedding services, Captian

BBTs

[This message has been edited by BigBoyToys (edited 01-14-2005).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Yar!

Permission to come aboard cap'n!?

Permission granted.

Originally posted by atleastitruns:

I offer my services [as manager] in about 6 and a half years. after I get my MBA, of course. hehehe

Janell

I will remember that Jannel

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Can I drive the boat that takes the richys to and from the island? Get me some big tips for not getting them seasick. And if any of are stingy old farts, they'll be pukin' over the side! Ooo and I could be the bouncer too. When someone gets all drunk and out of hand, I'll just push em off the ship.

I had hoped to put you in charge of the waitresses but if you want to taxi I won't stand in your way.Maybe someone else here would like that job.

Originally posted by Formula:

a couple suggestions:

All the huge corporations you see started as a single store, or one person with a dream.

there are much more informative people on here, you can learn a ton of information from the library and online. This is how I got started and I own a business now at the age of 23. Goodluck, and if you have any questions feel free to email or private message me.

Ok dude thats a lot of stuff to go over.Kinda scary too.
I intend on having someone to this stuff for me.a pro that knows there stuff.

Originally posted by Kohburn:

start looking into what will be required in your area to obtain the necessary liscences for serving food/alchohal/naked women

if you have 5 levels you can have a different scheme for each one, foam party rave on one, hula girl getaway on another, etc

Ok what I want to due is set this up as a sort of club/membership thing.Much like our fiero events where everyone chips in a certain amount to cover costs.I don't know how this would work but I definitly don't want to be open to the public.I don't want to deal with liquer license and such.
I really like your scheme ideas.I don't think I want to convert the whole damn ship though so maybe we could incorporate the scheme ideas into weekly changable scenes as I only want to use the main deck aft side and second deck forward side.

What exactly is a foam party rave and Hula girl getaway sounds like a great idea for private partys as well.

Ah Mr. stillwell just the kinda a guy I need to talk to about krazy ideas.
As I said I want to avoid a public club type thing chew on that and give me a call with a brilliant idea to circumvent the man.

Babysitting a bunch of nut cases on excstasy does not really excite me in a good way.

Now Gambling has been mentioned and I have nothing against a friendly game but international waters is not in the equation.

I would love to make this place a word of mouth kind of deal.There are huge amounts of rich people here and they all have boats.In the summer i myself always go out to the various bars and grills on the water.It is fun to drive to a club or bar/restraunt in a boat and wake board back at 3 in the morning.

Also I would like to fix up a part of the ship for guests to come and kick it.For instance there are a gillion members here from all over the world and I would like to start some kind of deal where we could travel around and have a place to go .People from the forum could just say hey who do we know in California that we could crash at and not have any worries.I think it would be cool if they crashed here.I don't mean for money I mean just visiting type thing.As long as people covered there own expenses and it doesn't cost me much i think it would be awesome.

One thing is this project is huge and I will have others involved.I love to have input from others it is like adding gigs of ram to the creative process

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2005 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Ah Mr. stillwell just the kinda a guy I need to talk to about krazy ideas.
As I said I want to avoid a public club type thing chew on that and give me a call with a brilliant idea to circumvent the man.

Babysitting a bunch of nut cases on excstasy does not really excite me in a good way.

Hey, nut cases on exstasy is easy! Just give em some house music and some glow sticks. Sell bottled water for $3 per and frisk them at the door. I'd be happy to sign on as security guy.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I will gladly abdicate the taxi job in favor of being in charge of the waitresses. Can I still push drunks off the side of the ship if they're giving a waitress a hard time?
AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
"Armament... two .50 cal. machine guns"
Well, it sounds like a great place for a Tues night ship's skeet league. I can visualize it... 40 rounds of belt fed .50 cal ball and tracer per person... John Q yells 'PULL', and then THUMP THUB THUMP... no more clay pigeon.
Sign me up!

Actually hitting a clay pigeon with an M2 would be nearly impossible... better fire up the 40mm.

2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's not nuclear-powered, and it is a skimmer, but I could take a step down for the right scenery. You will need a Sailor or two to help run it for you. I'm a Chief Electrician's Mate, and I retire from the Navy in two years...
PFF
System Bot
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Island pictures?
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
well pokie you seem to have a most interesting venture kickin! props to you!
if you need any design-type stuff done lemme know i'll do it up! (logos, advertisements/layout, hell, i'll even travel down there to airbrush some giant murals for ya when/where need be!)
James
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
This will tick some people off (me? tick anyone off?) but here's what you need to do unless you are a non profit organization:
Look at nearby shoe show bars and copy them, but make yours just a LITTLE nicer. Any more and you are wasting money.
Dont forget to give $$$ to the Police Benevolent Society and any other Local government "charity" (nudge nudge, wink wink) to keep things running smoothly.
BTW, I have 18 years bar/rest/liquor experience in the retail, on premise, and wholesale liquor business.
Good luck!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 01-15-2005).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
if you are handing out jobs can I be head of security ?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

This will tick some people off (me? tick anyone off?) but here's what you need to do unless you are a non profit organization:
Look at nearby shoe show bars and copy them, but make yours just a LITTLE nicer. Any more and you are wasting money.
Dont forget to give $$$ to the Police Benevolent Society and any other Local government "charity" (nudge nudge, wink wink) to keep things running smoothly.
BTW, I have 18 years bar/rest/liquor experience in the retail, on premise, and wholesale liquor business.
Good luck!

I was actually thinking non profit.All monies can easily be put into the continuing project and I could just take a salary.All my money goes into my krazy ideas anyway so whats the difference.

I don't understand your advice about shoe show bars.I am looking for a song and dance stripper bar.

18 years bar/restraunt experience is exactly the kind of guy I was hoping to talk to.I will be PMing you.

Originally posted by LITEDAZE:

well pokie you seem to have a most interesting venture kickin! props to you!
if you need any design-type stuff done lemme know i'll do it up! (logos, advertisements/layout, hell, i'll even travel down there to airbrush some giant murals for ya when/where need be!)
James

You know I was thinking about you this morning when me and John Tinay(SPDDY) were figuring how to finance this thing amongst other aspects.
I would really like to have the walls done up.That would be so over the top.
You gonna have to stay a couple months and maybe A few guest appearances after.
You totally saved me the trouble asking you.
Going to have to make you a platnuim member.Platnuim Members have access to the upstairs rooms!!
I'm figuring those yearly memberships are going to be a thousand plus per year.

Originally posted by 2birds:

Well, it's not nuclear-powered, and it is a skimmer, but I could take a step down for the right scenery. You will need a Sailor or two to help run it for you. I'm a Chief Electrician's Mate, and I retire from the Navy in two years...

Sir I am afraid this old skimmer does not even have its engines anymore.Still have those 2 huge generaters but the we have four chassis and no engines.Original specs called four two packards but it was re fitted with four 12 cyl GM deisels and they were worth a conciderable amount of money.
None of the existing electrical is in operation now but I intend on using all those cool light switches everywhere.I got piles of old electrical and I still have every log and manual to the whole ship.

Now you did mention scenery and I won't disapoint you if you come.

This thing has gone from an idea of mine to several other people as interested in it as me.Maybe more interested than me.
Hope fully I can get enough of these people together on the same page and with enough smarts reading from the same book maybe this could happen.No way in hell I could do this myself i'm a contractor, I build stuff what. I know about this stuff you could fit in a thimble.

Hey wolfman I will get some pics sometime next week.Were going out flying so I will snap a few.

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
Does it still look like this?

I see it was sold in 77 for scrappage. Must be a bit of a fixer upper by now, or has it undergone a beautification?

I can see the Gent's club attracting some unwanted business 'partners'. How about an exotic bed and breakfast? Or maybe a super secret getaway for richies and their 'friends', safe from the wife's prying eyes. Or even a 'floating' home for some kind of niche web maniacs. Deck 1..... Mistress Sunset's House of Pain..... Deck 2 ...... Lingerie Heaven..... well, you get the idea. All stationed together and working the web. Location unknown, kind of like the old 'pirate' radio stations.

Sheesh... why did I even get involved.

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post

You know I was thinking about you this morning when me and John Tinay(SPDDY) were figuring how to finance this thing amongst other aspects.
I would really like to have the walls done up.That would be so over the top.
You gonna have to stay a couple months and maybe A few guest appearances after.
You totally saved me the trouble asking you.
Going to have to make you a platnuim member.Platnuim Members have access to the upstairs rooms!!
I'm figuring those yearly memberships are going to be a thousand plus per year.

Well, I'm up for it no matter how long it would take, all I would have to know is the theme you want to create.
This idea of yours will most likely take quite some time to get together, but i guarantee i'll still be up for it when it's ready for execution!
James
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Ok.. back to regular advice.

Clubs are run the same as any resturant/bar the only difference is adding some talent to spice the place up.

Most problems with this kind of talent tend to end up in areas you deff don't want to get involved in (drugs/prostitution ect) if you run a clean establishment where the talent is friendly but not slutty you can have success but as mentioned earlier it's still all about marketing.
If you have no experience in this field, hire a club manager with experience in both bar/dance clubs it'll save you in the long run. Before that look into local and state licensing regs, offshore requirements, Coast Guard regs ect ect.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Island pictures?

I have pictures of the ship and island. I should be home later this afternoon, I'll see what I can dig up.

One of my favorite things to do is to climb the mast to the crow's nest. There is a GREAT view from up there. Yes, I have pictures from there as well.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock